Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This morning I was reading in one of my favorite books called. The Ministry of Healing, and I read this ~

Wrong habits of eating and the use of unhealthful food are in no small degree responsible for the intemperance and crime and wretchedness that curse the world. MH 146.3​

And I wondered if there has been any modern (that book was written over 100 years ago) scientific studies that prove if there is a CONNECTION between DIET and BEHAVIOR....so I went looking and I found this article ~

The CONNECTION is HUGE!
HEALTHY diet encourages GOOD behavior ~
UNHEALTHY diet encourages BAD behavior ~

Sadly, too many Christians think very little about what they eat. If they would spend more time making sure they were eating healthy food and eating according to the directions we've been given in the Bible, they too, would find that they don't have near as many behavior issues.

The Narrow Way

Master Herbalist
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2011
Ohio
Visit site
✟150,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What does the Bible say about processed foods and additives?
Hi Akita :), nice to meet you :). The Bible doesn't mention "processed foods and additives" in so many words. But what the Bible tells us SHOULD be our diet doesn't seem to include "processed foods & additives" :).

BEFORE SIN our Diet was FRUITS, NUTS & SEEDS:
Genesis 1:29 ~Then God said, "I am giving you every plant on the face of the whole earth that bears its own seeds. I am giving you every tree that has fruit with seeds in it. All of them will be given to you for food.

AFTER SIN VEGETABLES were added to our DIET:
Genesis 3:18 ~ It will produce thorns and thistles for you, and you will eat the plants of the field.

AFTER the FLOOD God gave man permission to eat the CLEAN MEATS:
Leviticus 11

The more we get back to the ORIGINAL DIET that gave us when He created us, the healthier we will be.

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟282,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi Akita :), nice to meet you :). The Bible doesn't mention "processed foods and additives" in so many words. But what the Bible tells us SHOULD be our diet doesn't seem to include "processed foods & additives" :).

BEFORE SIN our Diet was FRUITS, NUTS & SEEDS:
Genesis 1:29 ~Then God said, "I am giving you every plant on the face of the whole earth that bears its own seeds. I am giving you every tree that has fruit with seeds in it. All of them will be given to you for food.

AFTER SIN VEGETABLES were added to our DIET:
Genesis 3:18 ~ It will produce thorns and thistles for you, and you will eat the plants of the field.

AFTER the FLOOD God gave man permission to eat the CLEAN MEATS:
Leviticus 11

The more we get back to the ORIGINAL DIET that gave us when He created us, the healthier we will be.
I though yo might be referring to the Daniel Diet.
Effect of a 21 day Daniel Fast on metabolic and cardiovascular disease risk factors in men and women.

What Is Daniel Fast Diet? Here's How You Can Follow This Super Quick Diet Plan  

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
This morning I was reading in one of my favorite books called. The Ministry of Healing, and I read this ~

Wrong habits of eating and the use of unhealthful food are in no small degree responsible for the intemperance and crime and wretchedness that curse the world. MH 146.3​

And I wondered if there has been any modern (that book was written over 100 years ago) scientific studies that prove if there is a CONNECTION between DIET and BEHAVIOR....so I went looking and I found this article ~

The CONNECTION is HUGE!
HEALTHY diet encourages GOOD behavior ~
UNHEALTHY diet encourages BAD behavior ~

Sadly, too many Christians think very little about what they eat. If they would spend more time making sure they were eating healthy food and eating according to the directions we've been given in the Bible, they too, would find that they don't have near as many behavior issues.

There is that "gut/brain" connection.

Upvote 0