✟37,027.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Psalm 1:5 Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment,
Nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.

[H5712];edah=congregation.
edah<[H5707];’ed=witness.
‘ed<[5749];uwd=testify.

In Exodus, the children of Israel are first referred to as ‘the congregation’ Of Israel.
Exodus 12:3 Speak to all the congregation of Israel…
They have all just witnessed a series of judgments upon Egypt, and a significant portion
of the Torah pertains to the testimony of what they had seen, and were about to witness
during the Exodus. To translate edah as “the congregation” conceals this significance;
that they are to be witnesses, to preserve the testimony of the mighty arm of YHWH.

Deuteronomy 4:
For ask now concerning the days that are past, which were before you, since the day
that God created man on the earth, and ask from one end of heaven to the other, whether
any great thing like this has happened, or anything like it has been heard.
33 Did any people ever hear the voice of God speaking out of the midst of the fire,
as you have heard, and live?
34 Or did God ever try to go and take for Himself a nation from the midst of another nation, by trials, by signs, by wonders, by war, by a mighty hand and an outstretched arm, and by great terrors, according to all that the Lord your God did for you in Egypt before your eyes?
35 To you it was shown that you might know that the Lord Himself is God; there is none
other besides Him.

Isaiah 43:12 I have declared and saved, I have proclaimed, And no foreign god among you; Therefore you are My witnesses, says the LORD, that I am God.

Joshua 24:22 So Joshua said to the people, You are witnesses against yourselves that you
have chosen the LORD for yourselves, to serve Him. And they said, We are witnesses!

The testimony of the New Covenant is that the congregation of the righteous,
or witnesses, are of Faith in the Son. And what is their testimony?
To what do they bear witness?

Acts 1:
Therefore, of these men who have accompanied us all the time that the Lord Jesus
went in and out among us,
22 beginning from the baptism of John to that day when He was taken up from us,
one of these must become a witness with us of His resurrection.

Witnesses Of The Resurrection
Luke 24:
Then He said to them, These are the words which I spoke to you while I was still
with you,that all things must be fulfilled which were written in the Law of Moses and
the Prophets and the Psalms concerning Me.
45 And He opened their understanding, that they might comprehend the Scriptures.
46 Then He said to them, Thus it is written, and thus it was necessary for the Christ
to suffer and to rise from the dead the third day,
and that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in His name to all nations,
beginning at Jerusalem.
48 And you are witnesses of these things.

Acts 4:
Now as they spoke to the people, the priests, the captain of the temple, and
the Sadducees came upon them,
2 being greatly disturbed that they taught the people and preached in Jesus
the resurrection from the dead.

Acts 4:33 And with great power the apostles gave witness to the resurrection
of the Lord Jesus.
And great grace was upon them all.

Paul's witness to Greek philosophers on the Areopagus
Acts 17: (complete 16-34)
30 Truly, these times of ignorance God overlooked, but now commands all men
everywhere to repent,
31 because He has appointed a day on which He will judge the world in righteousness
by the Man whom He has ordained. He has given assurance of this to all by raising
Him from the dead.
And when they heard of the resurrection of the dead, some mocked, while others said,
We will hear you again on this matter.

Last edited: