The concept of the Christian God doesn’t make sense to me.

muichimotsu

I Spit On Perfection
May 16, 2006
✟106,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Would the experience of the saints throughout history be reliable? Or would it be mass hysteria?
The experiences of people are not reliable in themselves, and correlating them to something one has already presumed is connected to them (calling them saints for one) is not a rational process to verify their experiences as reliable or indicative of truth in their conclusions about reality

Upvote 0

ml5363

Jan 6, 2016
Tennessee
✟28,267.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But he made us flawed, and insisted we behave perfect. Had he made us as morally perfect as he is, we would have never made the choice to mess up.

I don’t agree with the free will argument. That would be like the government insisting I pay taxes, but prefers I gladly choose to pay taxes and proclaims the consequences of not paying taxes is prison. If the Government said the only consequences of not paying taxes is no public education for my kids, no police department to protect me from criminals, and no fire department if my house burns down, that is freewill; and if my house burns down and nobody helps me put out the fire that would be the consequences of not paying taxes.
If God said choosing my will you will be rewarded with Heaven where there are streets of Gold, no sickness, everything is perfect etc. etc. but if you choose your will rather than mine, then you will remain on earth; that would be free will. And if I choose my free will remain on Earth and get sick, become homeless, and have a terrible life, that would be the consequences of choosing my will over Gods. However, if God said the consequences of following my will over his is hell fire and eternal torture, that is not free will, that is force.

If God knows everything, he knew me searching for him for 4 years would result in me giving up and losing my faith. If God is everything you say he is, you have to assume he wanted me to give up and lose my faith.

Just remember how bad or unredeemable you may think you are.. God is always in reach... Prayers

Upvote 0