Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
This discussion is from a MJ perspective ONLY please.

REV 11:19 And the temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in his temple the ark of his testament: and there were lightnings, and voices, and thunderings, and an earthquake, and great hail.

It should read

19:And the temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in his temple the ark of his Covenant: and there were lightnings, and voices, and thunderings, and an earthquake, and great hail.

And that is the last verse in Chapter 11

The next chapter is about the Dragon and the woman Chapter 12

17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

And that is the last verse in Chapter 12, are we seeing a theme here?

Next chapter

18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

that is the last verse in Chapter 13

Doesn't seem related does it?

In the next chapter other things are spoken of then at verse 9 we get back to the beast.

9 And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand, 10 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb: 11 And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.
12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

to sum it up

1.The Ark which contained the Covenant, the Torah is seen in heaven, the doors are open and of all things that is what is mentioned.

2. The adversary, the Dragon hates Israel, and comes after her remnant, those who both keep the Torah and believe in Messiah Yeshua, these are targeted, not just believers.

3. The Beast has a specific name and number

4. Then we read about the mark of this beast and how the true 'Saints' must persevere to keep from taking the mark.

Now without making a conclusion I'd love to hear what pops in your head when you read that, what do you see?

Faith Alone 1 Cor 15:1-4

Aug 2, 2017
Heaven
✟12,836.00
Country
Zimbabwe
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I believe It has to do with Jews who are blind untill fullness of gentiles come Romans 11:25 .
These who keep commandments and believe in Christ are tribulation saints , because it's not longer grace , here is works salvation , you need to keep testimony of Jesus Christ till the end ( end of your life or end of tribulation ) , and to keep works ( not take mark , keep commandments ) .

Dragon wants to make war with remament of Jews , because 2/3 will die and he want to end them all .

Upvote 0

gadar perets

Messianic Hebrew
May 11, 2016
NC
Visit site
✟130,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
1.The Ark which contained the Covenant, the Torah is seen in heaven, the doors are open and of all things that is what is mentioned.

2. The adversary, the Dragon hates Israel, and comes after her remnant, those who both keep the Torah and believe in Messiah Yeshua, these are targeted, not just believers.

3. The Beast has a specific name and number

4. Then we read about the mark of this beast and how the true 'Saints' must persevere to keep from taking the mark.

Now without making a conclusion I'd love to hear what pops in your head when you read that, what do you see?
The Ark of the Covenant is YHWH's throne in heaven just as it was on earth. He dwells between the Cherubim on each side of the Ark. In other words, He sits upon the Torah / Instructions that govern His Kingdom.

Those that keep the commandments of YHWH (the instructions found in Torah) and who keep the faith of Yeshua will keep from accepting the mark of the beast. It seems to me that whatever the mark is, it is something that a Torah keeper would not do or allow done because it breaks Torah. We would rather die than willfully break Torah, knowing that we will be resurrected unto eternal life through our faith in Yeshua.

• Winner
Reactions: visionary
Upvote 0

Faith Alone 1 Cor 15:1-4

Aug 2, 2017
Heaven
✟12,836.00
Country
Zimbabwe
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The Ark of the Covenant is YHWH's throne in heaven just as it was on earth. He dwells between the Cherubim on each side of the Ark. In other words, He sits upon the Torah / Instructions that govern His Kingdom.

Those that keep the commandments of YHWH (the instructions found in Torah) and who keep the faith of Yeshua will keep from accepting the mark of the beast. It seems to me that whatever the mark is, it is something that a Torah keeper would not do or allow done because it breaks Torah. We would rather die than willfully break Torah, knowing that we will be resurrected unto eternal life through our faith in Yeshua.

Yea but he also will sit on literall throne of David made of gold here on earth .

Upvote 0

gadar perets

Messianic Hebrew
May 11, 2016
NC
Visit site
✟130,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yea but he also will sit on literall throne of David made of gold here on earth .
Yeshua will sit on David's throne (Isaiah 9:7). Are you saying YHWH will sit on the throne of David as well? If so, please provide a reference.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
I'm going to be extremely lazy and not go look up a whole bunch of verses from the prophets to back up my opinions. So take this as just my two cents worth. But my understanding is that in the world to come, Israel will be given a New Covenant not like the old one. Now I don't pretend to know what that means, but at face value it seems to imply that the old covenant is being replaced; that would mean the old laws are no longer in force because there is a New Covenant where new laws which are the laws written upon our hearts are in force, not the laws which need to be taught. Just me thinking.

Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Interesting things to ponder

The ark was missing during the time Yeshua walked the earth, so there was no 'throne of God' within the Temple of Herod.

Some believe that the Ark is in Ethiopia, brought there by Queen of Sheba for her son by Solomon to keep his religion, they guard it with their lives.

I believe there are three arks.

The one in heaven
The one that was made by Solomon for his son to take back
And the one that was hidden in the times of the captivity.

Upvote 0

danny ski

Jan 13, 2013
✟34,912.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Private
Interesting things to ponder

The ark was missing during the time Yeshua walked the earth, so there was no 'throne of God' within the Temple of Herod.

Some believe that the Ark is in Ethiopia, brought there by Queen of Sheba for her son by Solomon to keep his religion, they guard it with their lives.

I believe there are three arks.

The one in heaven
The one that was made by Solomon for his son to take back
And the one that was hidden in the times of the captivity.
There's a fourth one as well. Commissioned by Stephen Spielberg himself :) It's my way of saying that the content makes an Ark. So, there's only one.

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
I'm going to be extremely lazy and not go look up a whole bunch of verses from the prophets to back up my opinions. So take this as just my two cents worth. But my understanding is that in the world to come, Israel will be given a New Covenant not like the old one. Now I don't pretend to know what that means, but at face value it seems to imply that the old covenant is being replaced; that would mean the old laws are no longer in force because there is a New Covenant where new laws which are the laws written upon our hearts are in force, not the laws which need to be taught. Just me thinking.
Since God never changes, but takes into consideration where people are at [aka from slavery ..egypt] when the Mount Sinai was given [before Yeshua's sacrifice] I believe there is a little adjusting to reflect this understanding changes and be more current... but the underlying foundation will not be moved [aka The TEN]

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
There's a fourth one as well. Commissioned by Stephen Spielberg himself :) It's my way of saying that the content makes an Ark. So, there's only one.
There are many other ones too, props, and let's not forget the one the Temple Institute has.

So are you referring to the one in heaven then?

Upvote 0

gadar perets

Messianic Hebrew
May 11, 2016
NC
Visit site
✟130,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The only Ark that matters is the one in heaven. The Ark was to house the stone tablets, but under the New Covenant, those tablets become obsolete. The words on them remain and are written on hearts and minds, but the stones themselves will no longer be needed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
The only Ark that matters is the one in heaven. The Ark was to house the stone tablets, but under the New Covenant, those tablets become obsolete. The words on them remain and are written on hearts and minds, but the stones themselves will no longer be needed.
Monuments

Upvote 0

AbbaLove

Circumcism Of The Heart
May 16, 2015
✟120,508.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Ever wonder why it is a rectangle instead of a square shape?
Function determines Form. The reason why Noah's Ark is a rectangle and why page columns in a Torah Scroll, Bible and book are a rectangle instead of a square. Many books produced between 1550 and 1770 have these proportions.

tschichold.gif

This rectangle proportion can be seen in every aspect of creation, from botany to zoology, in the color spectrum, in musical scales and chords, in astronomy, in architecture, even in the patterns of our DNA. The DNA molecule measures 21 angstroms wide by 34 angstroms long for each full cycle of its double helix spiral. The Fibonacci sequence ratio of 21 to 34 (1.619) closely approximates 1.618 (phi the divine proportion).

The proportions of the Ark of the Covenant is 1 1/2 cubits wide by 2 1/2 cubits long (Fibonacci sequence ratio of 3 to 5 ) which is 1.666. Close enough to phi (1.618) to be considered a divine proportion (aka the golden ratio). As the Fibonacci numbers get higher, the ratio becomes even closer to 1.618. The ratio of 13 to 21 is 1.625. Getting even higher, the ratio of 144 to 233 is 1.618. These numbers are all successive numbers in the Fibonacci sequence.

Earth-Moon-Phi.gif

The dimensions of the Earth and Moon are in Phi relationship, forming a Triangle based on 1.618. Is it just by chance that the diameter of the moon is just large enough to cover the diameter of the sun during today's total solar eclipse?

Upvote 0