United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Welcome? What's on your mind?

I am a lifelong collector of all sorts of things including: baseball cards, RC Cola / Nehi memorabilia, and bobbleheads. My daughter gave me this bobblehead of me.

What items do you collect?

Attachments

• smj.jpg
    smj.jpg
    1.2 KB · Views: 314

Angeldove97

I trust in You
Supporter
Jan 6, 2004
Indiana
✟121,020.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I tried collecting state quarters when they were first collected- I even had the books and what not. I just kind of gave up, but I still would like to get a collection together (pass it along maybe).

I collect anything Oriental- especially tea sets. A friend of mine commented to my husband "You'd really think an Asian lived here". I'm to the point where I just collect legit items because I have too much (any family or friend member tends to give me their Oriental stuff when they're done with it). Thankfully my husband doesn't mind the style :)

Upvote 0

Sojourner1

Following my Shepherd
Supporter
Jan 27, 2004
California
✟498,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I collected matchbooks until my first move across the country. They weren't allowed to pack them on the truck so I had to throw them all out. Now I'm a Jim Shore collector (only have five things so far though). Here is one from my collection:

726430817_tp.jpg

Upvote 0

drstevej

"The crowd always chooses Barabbas."
In Memory Of
Mar 18, 2003
Lousianna
✟1,001,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Cool collections. like your kitty collectable.

I also have collected: bottle caps, auto tags and the little paper inspection tickets they put in new clothes.

I also collect Pueblo Indian pottery. This one is from 1920 or so and made by Zia Indians. My grandfather bought it and it started my collection. It is worth about $5K.

pottery01.jpg

Reactions: Maybug32
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AMR

Presbyterian (PCA) - Bona Fide Reformed
Jun 19, 2009
Chandler, Arizona
Visit site
✟211,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You actually met at the Haunted Mansion in Disneyland...that's great!
Yes.

I was in California on a trip from my home in Florida where I often visited Walt Disney World, so I wanted to check out Disneyland.

While in line at the Haunted Mansion this pretty young blonde kept annoying me with questions about where I was from, why I was visiting, etc. My usual stand-offish self was quote put aback by her assumed familiarity. ;)

When the elevator in the Haunted Mansion started its descending trick, she squealed and grabbed my arm, insisting that she ride with me for the duration of the visit in the Haunted Mansion. She had attended Disneyland many times and appointed herself my tour guide for the remainder of my few hours in the park before my plane back to Florida. Thirty two years later we are still quite the Disney lovers.

My wife has been mentally and physically ill for the past ten years, requiring 24/7 monitoring by me and my live-in son. Nevertheless, not a day passes that I do not thank God for His providence in bringing her into my life. Of late, Valerie has more bad days than good, but the good days, when I see a hint of that annoying pretty girl peppering me with questions in Disneyland, everything else seems so inconsequential. Not a day passes that she does not make me want to be a better man.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Nilla

No longer on staff
Apr 8, 2006
Sweden
✟56,683.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Yes.

I was in California on a trip from my home in Florida where I often visited Walt Disney World, so I wanted to check out Disneyland.

While in line at the Haunted Mansion this pretty young blonde kept annoying me with questions about where I was from, why I was visiting, etc. My usual stand-offish self was quote put aback by her assumed familiarity. ;)

When the elevator in the Haunted Mansion started its descending trick, she squealed and grabbed my arm, insisting that she ride with me for the duration of the visit in the Haunted Mansion. She had attended Disneyland many times and appointed herself my tour guide for the remainder of my few hours in the park before my plane back to Florida. Thirty two years later we are still quite the Disney lovers.

My wife has been mentally and physically ill for the past ten years, requiring 24/7 monitoring by me and my live-in son. Nevertheless, not a day passes that I do not thank God for His providence in bringing her into my life. Of late, Valerie has more bad days than good, but the good days, when I see a hint of that annoying pretty girl peppering me with questions in Disneyland, everything else seems so inconsequential. Not a day passes that she does not make me want to be a better man.
Wow! Quite a story :)
Sorry to hear/read about your wife.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: AMR
Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,718,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Yes.

When the elevator in the Haunted Mansion started its descending trick, she squealed and grabbed my arm, insisting that she ride with me for the duration of the visit in the Haunted Mansion. She had attended Disneyland many times and appointed herself my tour guide for the remainder of my few hours in the park before my plan back to Florida. Thirty two years later we are still quite the Disney lovers.

Thanks for sharing that.

Reactions: AMR
Upvote 0