• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

The Coffee Shop (7)

beckybooiloveu

Senior Veteran
Jan 12, 2006
Sunshine Coast
✟10,224.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Ari, I didn't want it to be today either. Dratted time, keeps on going by even when we don't want it to. :p What's up, though? what about today makes you not want it to be here? :hug:

Katey... :hug: I hope that things do go okay for you. I... AAHHH I wish I could make everyone better so we wouldn't have to worry about things.

Bec, yey for skiing! I'm glad that you liked it - and was it really that cold in Canada - I mean, that much different from where you're from? That's hard to believe, hehe. But I'm glad that it went okay and that you didn't break anything. ;) What're you making the dress for? (and I hope that it will go splendiforously!)

Anyone want anything to drink this morning? (or evening)

I don't want it to be uni time again. :(

lol... yeh it was a pretty big change especially after being cramped up in a plane and travelling for twenty-eight hrs... when I left it was around twenty-seven degrees celcius and when I got to canada it was about minus ten... so it was a fairly big chnage...
I ahve to make a dress for my college O-week so that the new students can identify me as an exec member that can help... we all have to make a dress from the same material... my attempt today didnt quite work... lol... im going to have to try again on thursday after two big days at work...

Upvote 0

katey

Lifes tough
Jan 20, 2006
Blackpool, England
✟16,887.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Katey gets a lovely decaf chai snuggle sup out of the way for a while inorder to face the next couple of hours. makes sure everythings ok in the shop and the fires nurning, puts a tray of bamboo muffins in the oven for arnold, and fills up the stocks.

if you cant tell lol am a little bored, and i hate it i'm sat waiting for my nurse to arrive, shes due in about ##mins :eek:

we have a bit of blue sky and sun today but its still freezing cold and there a chilly wind aswell. (how all that works i dnt have a clue coz the suns out its ment # b warm!!!)

that is a bit of achange in weather bec, i'm glad you had a good time though and not breaking any bones is alwasy a bonus. i dont think i'd manage that i'm slightly to accident prone.

aww sounds like fun making that dress (i wouldnt have a clue were to start) hope it all goes ok for you.

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((everyone)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

hope everyones doing ok x

Upvote 0

MyaShane

CUBs fan til I die!
Feb 21, 2007
Illinois - home of the CUBs!
✟18,805.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm so glad to see this place getting busy again! I was beginning to feel like I was just blabbing a lot about myself to the same people who had been hearing it day after day. It's like a little revival. Having more of us around is really a lot more helpful, I think.

I don't need anymore coffee, but I don't really care I'm having some anyway!

Upvote 0

katey

Lifes tough
Jan 20, 2006
Blackpool, England
✟16,887.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Katey makes sure all the kettles n water ehaters are ready for people to help themselves stocks everything up and has a good clean.

hope everyones doing ok, its horrible weather here its raining right now. had a little bike ride to day went down to have a look at this huge ship thingy thats on our coast. it got hit by a freak wave last week n its just sat tilting a lot of one of our beaches n loads of people have been to see it. theyr having to put up an exclusion zone and stopping people going onto the beach, theyve treid to do that the police and coastguards but theres been to many people for them to cope with. its going to be there for a while i think, there cadburys chocolate digestives all over the beach. amonst other things.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

beckybooiloveu

Senior Veteran
Jan 12, 2006
Sunshine Coast
✟10,224.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
hey all...
Just got home from work... and Im exhausted, we had a special lunch today to celebrate waitangi day (NZ day) so it was really busy and festive...

Would anyone like an espresso coffee? I've been making them all day and I feel like one now...

how is everyone?

Upvote 0

Soulwings

A true original.
Apr 7, 2003
Northeastern USA.
✟25,389.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
AAAAAiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.........!!!

Sorry. Am in a bit of a akjghkasgu mood right now. Just got up a bit ago, had English Breakfast tea which dried my mouth out [:eek:], and am now here. And my hands are dry and I HATE that.

Sorry. That was really random.

Bec, sounds like a challenge to make the dress! Best of luck with it through, sounds fun at least. :) What year are you again, in uni? second? Pretty cool that you're on the O-team. :)

Espresso coffee would be great. I need a little pick-me-up this morning, am rather dozy despite the tea. Will probably take a "nap" before leaving for campus today. Haha. Go figure, why is it useful to get up at six if I sleep later on? :p

Haha, negative ten Celsius isn't horrible...but cold still... and yeh, much much MUCH colder than twenty-seven!! Were you prepped with winter gear? and what temp does it usually get to in NZ (?) or Aus when it's wintertime in the area where you are from?

*does a little wake-up dance*

How is everyone doing this morning? and Katey, that's really funny about the ship and the digestive biscuits! made me giggle. :p

Upvote 0

MyaShane

CUBs fan til I die!
Feb 21, 2007
✟18,805.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Katey, one of those pillows and a squishy down throw would be lovely right now, thank you!

I think I'll go with some Chai tea this morning and a toasted bagel sounds yummy.

We need a good fire in here today, we're having another snow storm today nearly all day - so hooray for being at work while it's going on (sarcasm alert!). It should be a fun commute home. :doh: I am bored, bored, bored. I have literally no work to do and I should be working on some homework to get myself caught up. Ari, you're busy, how about sending me something to do today? :)

Upvote 0
L

LovesEnduringPromise

I need an espresso!!!
Weather is weird here....last night it got up to seventy degrees.....and tornado warnings and watches everywhere..it stormed sooo much! Then this morning it was thrity degrees...and now its twenty degrees...its crazy....and they are expecting another warm up over the weekend...up to fifty-sixty...and down again next week to the twentys and even teens.....weather is weird

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

katey

Lifes tough
Jan 20, 2006
Blackpool, England
✟16,887.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
hmm does sound like your weathers a bit weeird. hope it doesnt cause to many problems, Kerin did you get home ok???

one expresso cuming up, anyone else like anything to drink??? i'm making myself a strawberrry tea. n going to sit away from everything for a while n just chill.

Upvote 0

beckybooiloveu

Senior Veteran
Jan 12, 2006
Sunshine Coast
✟10,224.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Yeh i'm in second year uni studying Biomedical Science... And I cant wait for preparation week and O week... they should be really fun... but tiring... lol...

lol... ummm... it is probably around ten degrees celcius in winter here in australia... it doesnt often get colder than that where Im from... so even though -ten isnt too bad its far from what Im used to... and no... i didnt really have enouhg warm winter gear... i had to hire clothes... because i was cold... lol

Upvote 0

Soulwings

A true original.
Apr 7, 2003
Northeastern USA.
✟25,389.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Kerin, I can send you some work to do too!! I've plenty... two papers and an exam coming up in the next few weeks (exam is on Friday, in Research Methods II, my weakest class). Ugh. I am feeling OVERWHELMED. :cry:

Yes, the weather really IS weird. Today it dropped from forties to thirties, and it's supposed to be in the teens in a few days. Yesterday was nice and warm in the fifties, so I was walking around campus in a tshirt. Did that today and about froze my skin off. :p

Nnnarghhh.

/me hugs everyone and wanders off to take a shower and get ready for bed. :yawn:

* Arnold eats one of the steaming yummy bamboo carbaciousnesses that Katey made him... :yum:!!

Upvote 0

MyaShane

CUBs fan til I die!
Feb 21, 2007
✟18,805.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Katey - I made it home just fine, thank you! There were some icky spots on the road, but I just took my time. How are you today?

Bec - why did I think you were from the UK? :confused: We all need to organize a trip to Australia! And biomedical science? COOL!!! Tell us about that!!

Sabrina, our weather is the strangest I can ever remember. Sunday we had thunder and lightening while it was snowing!! :scratch:

Ari/April - I DO need the work, so roll some my way!

Today is my baby's third birthday! I'm a bit sad to see her getting so big though, it's really hard when it's your last one. :( Bittersweet I guess. But Happy Birthday to "little" Shane Briana!!

Upvote 0