• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

The Coffee Shop (7)

Soulwings

A true original.
Apr 7, 2003
Northeastern USA.
✟25,389.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
:hug: Lisa. I hope that things look up for you soon... and even if they are the "same old things," we don't mind hearing about them. So feel free to dump if you need to, okay? :hug::hug: And I can understand why that would be a pet hate for you!! Wow... :doh:

Bec, I hope that you get better soon. :( Being ill is no fun at all. :hug::hug::hug:

Everyone gets lots of hugs today! :hug::hug::hug:

I am trying to study for my Nutrition Counseling & Ed course right now, but the computer is so distracting. There is a list of about 50 abbreviations that I have to memorize, and I suck at memorizing when I can't talk out loud. And I'm in the library so that is rubbish. I suppose I could go outside and talk to myself but it is freezing out there - in the fifties ('F). I stole J's fleece jacket to wear today... comforting. And warm. Yey for being warm.

Anyone want anything to drink? I just had a large coffee so I am going to pass on caffeine, but I think I'll grab some herbal tea and snuggle up in a squishy armchair with my medical terminology... you guys don't mind if I whisper stuff to myself, do you??

* Arnold snuggles with Lisa and Bec. :hug::hug::hug:

Upvote 0

katey

Lifes tough
Jan 20, 2006
Blackpool, England
✟16,887.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
hey everyone, how you all doing. havent been around for a little while not been able to. will update in other thread in a little while.

ive missed loads so will read through and catch up.

Katey makes herself a strawberry and cream frapacino goes and feeds the ducks and comes back and snuggles into the big armchair

Upvote 0

Soulwings

A true original.
Apr 7, 2003
Northeastern USA.
✟25,389.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
* Soulwings sends Arnold over to snuggle with Katey. :hug::hug:

Glad to see someone else that uses the coffee shop!! Seems like it's not as popular a place as it used to be. :-(

I've missed your posts. Am looking forward to reading about what's been up with you. :hug:

Upvote 0

Soulwings

A true original.
Apr 7, 2003
Northeastern USA.
✟25,389.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yey for being around more. That's lovely!! :hug: It's been awfully quiet in this thread, although the other thread has been busy (as I am sure you noticed).

I am swamped with homework. :swoon:

* Arnold is happy because Katey snuggled back! ^_^

* Soulwings finishes her lunch and then goes to sit in the window seat to wait for Jarrod to be ready to go... B&N and then picking up wedding rings!!!

Upvote 0

Soulwings

A true original.
Apr 7, 2003
Northeastern USA.
✟25,389.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
* Soulwings sends Arnold over to snuggle with Bec. :hug::hug: He is happy to help her feel a little bit better...

How are you doing, Bec? and go for it, the corner can indeed be your new home. :)

* Soulwings fixes herself a cup of chocolate cinnamon coffee, and snuggles up in a squishy armchair to relax for awhile.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

beckybooiloveu

Senior Veteran
Jan 12, 2006
Sunshine Coast
✟10,224.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
it is officially my new home... and im never leaving here... unless it is to go to the toilet or fill my water bottles up...
*snuggles in the corner*

anyone have some sleeping tablets???? i need sleep!!! BUT CANT SLEEP!!!
ahhhh imma goin crazy...

how are you>?
(hugs)

Upvote 0

Soulwings

A true original.
Apr 7, 2003
Northeastern USA.
✟25,389.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hmmm the loo is over in the corner, really nice and quiet too. ;) So you don't need to leave the coffee shop at all. There's even some low-cal scones that are truly delicious.

Can I fill your water bottle for you? or get you some herbal unwind tea to help you sleep??

:hug:s I wish I had some sleeping tablets for you... I wish you could get some sleep the healthy way!! At least you are thinking of trying to take care of yourself, right? :hug:

How are you doing??

I am alright, I guess. Struggling with ED and bipolar, but trudging along. Really tired. I've been falling asleep between seven forty-five and eight-thirty at night... ridiculous... although I get up at six-fifteen.

* Soulwings sends Arnold over to snuggle with Bec.

Upvote 0

beckybooiloveu

Senior Veteran
Jan 12, 2006
Sunshine Coast
✟10,224.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
*hugs* i hope things get better for you soon... im thinking and praying for you...

im... ummm... still the same as in my last post in the support thread...
and sick... i misseda lecture this morning because i am too weak to get out of bed :( but hopefully i might get an hours sleep or so soon... )

Upvote 0

nekorinchan

Sep 16, 2008
Visit site
✟7,612.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
hi, i'm new here...

chamomile definitely helps, currently taking it daily..

Currently, been battling this compulsiveness of getting up after 2 hours sleep at nite and eating even when im not hungry, sometimes to the point of binging......after that I'll resume sleeping

I know it's definitely not good for my health, and for others, I'm staying with my auntie, and it's bad to be constantly stealing her food (I've this habit since staying with others during my campus times)

I have managed to sleep early and hopefully even when I get up after 2 hours, it's still before 12am (an excuse I gave myself that anything before 12 is still not considered eating at odd hours)

Yesterday I slept at 9.30 pm, woke up bout an hour later, had half a bag of mini mooncakes. I knew I'm not hungry but yet the compulsiveness....but I'm glad I didn't go down for my next binge when I woke up at 4.40am.......I managed to hold myself back and I'm happy for this little compensatory victory

However, I also got this weird habit of food-pinching, I just wanted to try and get a taste but wouldn't be able to finish it, so the food will be 'spoilt' with my pinches, like the mooncake that day. My auntie confronted me why there are 'holes' in the mooncakes. I'm truly sorry that my selfishness to gratify my desires has caused much misery and worry to others. My parents are aware of this, but currently they are away on a trip, will be back tomorrow and I'm sure my mom will ask my auntie if there any 'weird incidents' when they are away. For sure, my auntie will let my mom know about the holes.

These late-nite attacks only happen when I'm sleeping alone. If there's someone else sleeping beside me, I won't have that urge to go down. Yesterday night, I told myself I need to imagine Jesus sleeping beside me, but still I gave in to the urge. Why?

Fyi, I'm also a recovering anorexic, previously I took only fruits...but now I'm introducing more meat to my diet, still selective and picky when it comes to food choices though...and still prefers sugar-free options. I don't exercise as much as las time, only limit myself to jumping jacks and taking stairs whenever I have the chance. I weigh myself only occasionally now and is more receptive to the weight gain. But sometimes, the fear still hits me when I noticed the shirts are getting tighter for me

Please pray for me and any advice is much appreciated. Thanks

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Soulwings

A true original.
Apr 7, 2003
Northeastern USA.
✟25,389.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Welcome, nekorinchan. :hug: I hope you find this board to be helpful. :hug: I see that you are new at CF too... so double welcome!! Hehe.

I don't have time to fully respond to your post, will do so later (am currently studying for a nutrition exam I have in two and a half hours). Oh, and there is a number screen so numbers typed cannot be seen... also, be careful with weights and calorie amounts - these numbers can trigger members, so please avoid them. :hug: Times, dates, etc. are fine.

Bec, Katey, Lisa, :hug:s to you all. How are things going??

* Soulwings gets herself some ginger tea with orange juice to help her sore throat feel better... she hates being sick!! :(

* Arnold snuggles with everyone... he is still sleepy and very hungry since there haven't been many bambooey treats around lately. :(

Upvote 0