The climate insanity of the Trump administration.

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,147,798.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
The Trump administration knows the planet is going to boil. It doesn't care | Bill McKibben
Trump administration admits that the temperatures will increase by an average 4c by end of century leading to a literal hell on earth. And what are they going to do to address it? Nothing Indeed knowing the consequences they are instead deliberately Removing environmental regulations, encouraging the burning of fossil fuels and fiddling whilst the world burns.

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Trump administration knows the planet is going to boil. It doesn't care | Bill McKibben
Trump administration admits that the temperatures will increase by an average 4c by end of century leading to a literal hell on earth. And what are they going to do to address it? Nothing Indeed knowing the consequences they are instead deliberately Removing environmental regulations, encouraging the burning of fossil fuels and fiddling whilst the world burns.
and ... ? i mean yeah but so what ? i hear a lot of science is now showing the that SUN flares are causing it and it will make very little difference what puny little men do . one hurricane effects more in 3 days then man can effect in 1000 years . its also written that God will cause the sun to "scorch men upon the earth " ...

Upvote 0

mala

fluffy lion
Dec 5, 2002
✟261,324.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
and ... ? i mean yeah but so what ? i hear a lot of science is now showing the that SUN flares are causing it and it will make very little difference what puny little men do . one hurricane effects more in 3 days then man can effect in 1000 years . its also written that God will cause the sun to "scorch men upon the earth " ...

... there is so much ignorance in this post it's hilarious.
a hurricane can do more in 3 days than man in a 1000 years?!!!? dude are you off your rocker?????
why don't you look up the damage caused by atomic weapons for a start and then move on from there to all the environmental damage that has occurred due to man in the past 100 years let alone the past 1000.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
... there is so much ignorance in this post it's hilarious.
a hurricane can do more in 3 days than man in a 1000 years?!!!? dude are you off your rocker?????
why don't you look up the damage caused by atomic weapons for a start and then move on from there to all the environmental damage that has occurred due to man in the past 100 years let alone the past 1000.
well , i was referring to the generalities of mankind in the course of every day life .. not nukes , but that being said i'll just refer to a volcano which also releases more energy and power and effect on the environment then man does in a thousand years . but hey don't try so hard to miss the point of the SUN flares .
i'm guessing you really just want to blame one aged balding guy - ..

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,257,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat

I read the Guardian article. Sad, very sad.

Upvote 0

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Questioning what one hears is always a good thing.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,186,158.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
one hurricane effects more in 3 days then man can effect in 1000 years .
Comparing aerial photos from 50 years ago, never mind the comparison of 1,000 years of human habitation in an area, and today show that to be patiently false. I think the best example is the Aral sea.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Comparing aerial photos from 50 years ago, never mind the comparison of 1,000 years of human habitation in an area, and today show that to be patiently false. I think the best example is the Aral sea.
your listed as Atheist ... so you wont see that this too is foretold . mans not causing it .
but don't worry a third of the seas will die a third of the waters become poisoned the sun given power(authority) to scorch men upon the earth .. there will be a time worse then any time the earth has EVER known
this all proceeds the return of the lord Jesus and is beginning to happen in front of us yet still people refuse to believe
but there is hope, now if you turn again your thoughts and believe on the one God has sent to save
us. repent and believe in the lord Jesus ,do as he says and you will have everlasting life . do not do so and you are already perishing and that is fully ON YOU .

now i know the nature of the atheist is to argue off into ambiguity. so i will now pop you on ignore :) it's not personal .

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟365,772.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
well , i was referring to the generalities of mankind in the course of every day life .. not nukes , but that being said i'll just refer to a volcano which also releases more energy and power and effect on the environment then man does in a thousand years . but hey don't try so hard to miss the point of the SUN flares .
i'm guessing you really just want to blame one aged balding guy - ..
Oh geez. The volcano trope.

Are we going to have to rebut all the old saws?
your listed as Atheist ... so you wont see that this too is foretold . mans not causing it .
but don't worry a third of the seas will die a third of the waters become poisoned the sun given power(authority) to scorch men upon the earth .. there will be a time worse then any time the earth has EVER known
this all proceeds the return of the lord Jesus and is beginning to happen in front of us yet still people refuse to believe
but there is hope, now if you turn again your thoughts and believe on the one God has sent to save
us. repent and believe in the lord Jesus ,do as he says and you will have everlasting life . do not do so and you are already perishing and that is fully ON YOU .

now i know the nature of the atheist is to argue off into ambiguity. so i will now pop you on ignore :) it's not personal .
Man is causing it. God foretold it because he knows who greedy, ignorant and foolish we are. We don't have to be that way but we choose to be.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟436,574.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

From what I understand, if the entire world stopped carbon emissions tomorrow...we'd still be looking at a 2-3 degree increase in the same amount of time.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,147,798.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
From what I understand, if the entire world stopped carbon emissions tomorrow...we'd still be looking at a 2-3 degree increase in the same amount of time.
Indeed, but to carry on with policies that actively encourages the increase in production of greenhouse gases defines insanity.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Ana the Ist
Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟436,574.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Indeed, but to carry on with policies that actively encourages the increase in production of greenhouse gases defines insanity.

Why? If you truly understand the problem, then you understand there's nothing to do about it.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,204,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I hate to sound like too much of a pessimist, but I think we're past the tipping point. People needed to start heeding the warnings of the scientists much earlier than 2018 if we had any hopes on getting out in front of the issue.

There needed to be a hard line taken instead of bending to CEO's and Lobbyists who put profits before science because "I wanna be filthy rich today...I won't be alive in 150 years, so I don't care".

We would've had to start drastically limiting our animal agriculture (the largest offender) and fossil fuel consumption (not just as a country, but as a planet) 20 years ago (ideally 30-40 years ago)

There was always some sort of religiously-driven arguments or generic platitudes about "the free market will correct for it" that got in the way of actually employing a feasible strategy to try to address it.

"The Bible Says we're supposed to eat meat"
"The rapture's coming anyway, so it doesn't matter"
"Eco regulations are just a liberal ploy to control us"
etc...

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Questioning what one hears is always a good thing.
On that I agree. Like questioning someone saying that a 4c increase in global temperature will cause hell on earth.

Upvote 0

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,147,798.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
On that I agree. Like questioning someone saying that a 4c increase in global temperature will cause hell on earth.
On average. It will make the Middle East uninhabitable, and as for Mexico, southern USA?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

I went to a harvest fair last weekend. There was a psychic booth. I could have foretold that.

^_^

Upvote 0

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Why? If you truly understand the problem, then you understand there's nothing to do about it.
"It's going to snow."

"Well we should get some road salt and gas for the snow blower."

If you truly understand the problem, then you understand there's nothing to do about it.
You can't do anything about stupid either.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟436,574.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I hate to sound like too much of a pessimist, but I think we're past the tipping point. People needed to start heeding the warnings of the scientists much earlier than 2018 if we had any hopes on getting out in front of the issue.

There needed to be a hard line taken instead of bending to CEO's and Lobbyists who put profits before science because "I wanna be filthy rich today...I won't be alive in 150 years, so I don't care".

We would've had to start drastically limiting our animal agriculture (the largest offender) and fossil fuel consumption (not just as a country, but as a planet) 20 years ago (ideally 30-40 years ago)

There was always some sort of religiously-driven arguments or generic platitudes about "the free market will correct for it" that got in the way of actually employing a feasible strategy to try to address it.

"The Bible Says we're supposed to eat meat"
"The rapture's coming anyway, so it doesn't matter"
"Eco regulations are just a liberal ploy to control us"
etc...

I don't think that's pessimistic...it's realistic. I don't disagree with any of this. The sad truth is that this century is set up to be far bloodier and more violent than the last.

We put off preparing for climate change, now I think we'll put off preparing for the results of climate change...nobody really has the stomach for it.

Upvote 0