• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

The Church of the Global Warming Fascists (AGW) revising their theology, another fall

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by HerbieHeadley, Apr 25, 2012.

1. HerbieHeadley

HerbieHeadley North American Energy Independence Now!

+1,042
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Constitution
    http://www.climatedepot.com/a/15621/Alert-Gaia-scientist-James-Lovelock-reverses-himself-I-was-alarmist-about-climate-change--so-was-Gore-The-problem-is-we-dont-know-what-the-climate-is-doing-We-thought-we-knew-20-years-ago

Alert: 'Gaia' scientist James Lovelock reverses himself: I was 'alarmist' about climate change & so was Gore! 'The problem is we don't know what the climate is doing. We thought we knew 20 years ago'

The Global Warming myth is less about science than about a confluence of political agendas masquerading as science.

http://icecap.us/images/uploads/THEAMAZINGSTORYBEHINDTHEGLOBALWARMING.pdf

Co2 'is' a tiny fraction of the atmosphere, without which earth would be a giant frozen ball in space supporting no life at all.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2093264/Forget-global-warming--Cycle-25-need-worry-NASA-scientists-right-Thames-freezing-again.html

No joke, the GREEN police are for real!

http://constitutionclub.org/2012/04/18/here-come-the-green-police-dhs-launches-environmental-justice-units/

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. HakeemSupreme

HakeemSupreme Guest

+0
    [​IMG]

3. conamer

conamer Guest

+0
    By the end of the century[20th century] climate change will reduce the human population to a few breeding pairs surviving near the Arctic."-Sir James Lovelock, The Revenge of Gaia: Earth's Climate Crisis and the Fate of Humanity, 2006.

4. HerbieHeadley

+1,042
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Constitution
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2012
  5. DaisyDay

DaisyDay blind squirrel

+8,331
    United States
    Unitarian
    Married
    US-Others
    The OP is such a mishmash dumping of denialism that it's hard to sort out as one point has nothing to do with another other than trashing climate science.

6. DaisyDay

DaisyDay blind squirrel

+8,331
    United States
    Unitarian
    Married
    US-Others
    Cookies must be enabled. | The Australian

'Gaia' Scientist Reverses Climate Predictions | Global Warming Controversy | LiveScience

7. Phileas

Phileas Newbie

+38
    Agnostic
    In Relationship
    So a book written in 2006 has made a prediction that by the end of the 20th Century the human population will be seriously reduced. Hmmmm, something tells me your quote mine has been copied wrong; unless he was predicting something to change in the past due to time travel.

8. conamer

conamer Guest

+0
    That doesn't mean he said that in 2006. He has been Chicken Littling for decades.

9. HerbieHeadley

+1,042
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Constitution
    There is linked an article where one of the grandfathers of the global warming hysteria has backed off his claims and admitted he had overstated reality in his research and writings.

Then linked an article based on a short story of the history of how this scam evolved and how it was predicted and warned over 15 years ago how “we should be careful not to arouse too much alarm until the rate and amount of warming becomes clearer." As well as how what may have been noble research at one time became a political agenda.

There is linked an recent article claiming we may very well be heading back to the ice age.

Then there was linked an article describing how the 'hoax of climate hysteria' is actually dictating our public policy today in the here and now with the GREEN police.

Perhaps true the description of ‘mish-mashed’ OP, however each link made a point that did have something to do with another other than trashing AGW climate hoax science and you were mistaken.

http://icecap.us/images/uploads/THEAMAZINGSTORYBEHINDTHEGLOBALWARMING.pdf

Wash, rinse, repeat.

"Global Warming. It is the hoax. It is bad science. It is a high jacking of public policy. It is no joke. It is the greatest scam in history."

10. HerbieHeadley

+1,042
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Constitution
    Michael “Hide the Decline” Mann? Defender of the mythical ‘hockey stick graph’ hoax?

That Mann, said Professor Lovelock's views were not in line with mainstream climate science to begin with?

Meaning what?… that Lovelock seeing the writing on the wall, making the decison where he has decided he needs to revise his earlier crackpot theories to realign himself with the actual data?
    That is 'not in line with mainstream climate science to begin with?'
    Where Mann would rather ‘massage the evidence’ and ‘manipulate data’ for man-made climate change, and obscure the truth that AGW is a falsifiable theory that has been shown many times over and over in its failed predictive powers and rather than learn from the failures and listen to the data prefer to change the data to fit the theory.

Data for vital 'hockey stick graph' has gone missing
    There has been no significant global warming since 1995
    Warming periods have happened before - but NOT due to man-made changes

Professor Jones conceded the possibility that the world was warmer in medieval times than now – suggesting global warming may not be a man-made phenomenon.

And he said that for the past 15 years there has been no ‘statistically significant’ warming.

==========

The awakening that climate change is natural and is not controlled by man is continuing.

Climate alarmists have cherry picked time periods to support alarmism and profit.

Some people cannot connect the dots... even if you guide their hands but 'The Church of Global Warming Fascists' is hurting.

11. HerbieHeadley

+1,042
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Constitution
    http://www.globalclimatescam.com/2011/11/climategate-scientists-did-collude-with-government-officials-to-hide-research-that-didnt-fit-their-apocalyptic-global-warming/

12. HerbieHeadley

+1,042
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Constitution
    http://www.globalclimatescam.com/2012/04/astronauts-condemn-nasas-global-warming-endorsement/
    By Paul Bedard

"In an unprecedented slap at NASA’s endorsement of global warming science, nearly 50 former astronauts and scientists–including the ex-boss of the Johnson Space Center–claim the agency is on the wrong side of science and must change course or ruin the reputation of the world’s top space agency.

Challenging statements from NASA that man is causing climate change, the former NASA executives demanded in a letter to Administrator Charles Bolden that he and the agency “refrain from including unproven remarks” supporting global warming in the media.

“We feel that NASA’s advocacy of an extreme position, prior to a thorough study of the possible overwhelming impact of natural climate drivers is inappropriate,” they wrote. “At risk is damage to the exemplary reputation of NASA, NASA’s current or former scientists and employees, and even the reputation of science itself.”"

Read the rest at the Washigton Examiner.

See the press release, full text of the letter and all signers at CFACT.

13. HerbieHeadley

+1,042
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Constitution
  14. Paradoxum

Paradoxum Liberty, Equality, Solidarity!

+618
    Humanist
    Private
    UK-Liberal-Democrats
    Lovelock still thinks man made global warming is happening, but even he if he totally changed his mind I don't see why it would make any difference. Science isn't based on a one man's opinion. And I've heard of Monckton before and he doesn't know what he is talking about. Monckton is even a scientist.

15. QuiltAngel

QuiltAngel Veteran

+280
    Lutheran
    Married
    US-Constitution
    Yet, it shows that not ALL scientists agree now doesn't it? Or do we discount those scientists?

16. AtheistVet

AtheistVet Guest

+0
    If not ALL agree, then it isn't true?

Well then, so much for Christianity.

17. USincognito

USincognito Milk-Bones for Cerberus is a cool album name Supporter

+13,544
    United States
    Atheist
    Private
    Good catch Phileas. And I see like a typical denier, conamer doesn't even bother trying to correct himself.

Actually he did write that in 2006. The dummy you copy and pasted the quote mine from messed it up. Here's an associated opinion piece from the Independant.
    James Lovelock: The Earth is about to catch a morbid fever that may last as long as 100,000 years - Commentators - Opinion - The Independent
    "We are in a fool's climate, accidentally kept cool by smoke, and before this century - meaning the 21st - is over billions of us will die and the few breeding pairs of people that survive will be in the Arctic where the climate remains tolerable."

He is? I've never heard of him before. What papers has he published on AGW?

This thread full of mish mash citations and gish galloping reads to me like a guy who has all sorts of crazy ideas like the Gaia hypothesis, and who made alarmist statements about AGW recently toned down his rhetoric. This was trumpeted in the denyosphere and you glommed on to the story somewhere.

Color me unimpressed.

18. USincognito

+13,544
    United States
    Atheist
    Private
    None of whom are climate scientists, and really, fifty? Out of all the astronauts and scientists who worked at NASA over the years, fifty (well, actually only 47) was all that the deniers could cajole into signing on?

19. USincognito

+13,544
    United States
    Atheist
    Private
    ^_^ Bwahahahahaha! "Herbie" is so busy trying to gish gallop his mish mash of talking points that he can't even be factual.

1. The "Hide the decline" phrase that has become a denier talking point and nearly everyone in the Web - including Herbie - probably has no idea to what it actually refers.
    2. "Hide the decline" is not a phrase used by Mann. I wonder if Herbie knows the actual source and what actually came about because of it.

20. Paradoxum

Paradoxum Liberty, Equality, Solidarity!

+618
    Humanist
    Private
    UK-Liberal-Democrats
    Well I knew not ALL scientists agree. I don't base my opinion on a tiny minority though.