• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.
  7. There has been an addition to the announcement regarding unacceptable nick names. The phrase "Let's go Brandon" actually stands for a profanity and will be seen as a violation of the profanity rule in the future.

The Chronicles of Narnia

Discussion in 'The Box Office' started by kitty.lover, Nov 24, 2008.

The Chronicles of Narnia

1. Fun Fantasy yarn

2. Spiritual Parable

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. kitty.lover

kitty.lover Guest

+0
    I loved both "The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe" and "Prince Caspian".

My husband and I enjoyed them both but differently. He thinks it's ripping fantasy yarn and I think they are spiritual stories that teach children about God and battle of good vs evil.

What do you guys think?

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. keith99

keith99 sola dosis facit venenum

+5,725
    Atheist
    Single
    I think they are overrated. But at least in the end Lewis does not pull his punches. Few today would have the guts to end things the way he did.

3. lazor

lazor Pew Pew

+2
    Atheist
    Single
    They are great. I love reading them and the movies are pretty good.

I'm leaning towards The Fun Fantasy Yarn, as beyond The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe there isn't much of a comparison, and even in that case it's very loosely related.

4. Flibbertigibbet

Flibbertigibbet Guest

+0
    While they are Christian allegory, it's not going to be interpreted that way by a kid unless the parallels are clearly explained to them.

I read them as a child and had no clue that was what they were intended to be.

5. soblessed53

soblessed53 Well-Known Member

+729
    Christian
    In Relationship
    US-Others
    I think they are both! I love them. :clap::clap:

6. peanutbutter12

peanutbutter12 Senior Veteran

+222
    Christian
    Private
    Where is the "bored me to tears" option?

7. HighwayMan

HighwayMan Well-Known Member

+218
    United States
    Anglican
    Private
    Actually I think the Christian-allegory is a bit too suffocating in the movies. "Why couldn't I see Aslan, Lucy?" "Well, maybe you weren't looking hard enough." etc. Aslan in pretty much Jesus in a lion's body. And the problem with that is that it's too obvious.

But other than that, I like the films. They plot can be sharpened, but the visuals are stunning and the battles are the best sword&sorcery battle scenes I've seen since LoTR. They also manage to create a believable fantasy world that draws you in, and I think for this kind of movie that's the most important thing.

8. mochagirl

mochagirl Even so, it is well with my soul.

+359
    United States
    Pentecostal
    Private
    A bit of both, I'd say. :) I love them--I can't wait to get Prince Caspian. And for Voyage of the Dawn Treader to hit theaters. :)

9. Marie87

Marie87 Junior Member

+20
    Christian
    Single
    Loved both of the 1st 2 movies can't wait tell the 3rd one comes out:):clap::pray:

10. SparkyMaddie

SparkyMaddie Luceat Lux Vestra

+15,751
    Lutheran
    In Relationship
    I agree with ya kitty and you get reps! Great thread!

11. kitty.lover

kitty.lover Guest

+0
    Appreciated chuck :congrat:

12. WhiteWillow

WhiteWillow Busy motherhood takes priority!

+7,585
    Lutheran
    Married
    I also have to say a bit of both and really love the lesson of faith they give.