Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Free will or puts people in charge, pick one.

Don't have to pick. God does what He does. He puts them in charge---they have the free will to not do what He wants them to do---He put Saul in as King over Israel--when he did not do as he should have---He gave the kingdom to David. What these people are forgetting is that God puts them in power---but He also takes them down. They are happy with having him in power, but when God takes him down, they don't like it. At least we don't have to wait for 10 years as David did! Just a few more days.

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I thought I would mention this subject since we're already talking about Evangelical Christians still supporting Trump and a Pastor who invoked a curse of God on elections stealers in this forum.

What do you think about all the released prophecies claiming that God will give Trump a 2nd term in office? There was one such video on YouTube entitled "God just showed me how Trump will actually rightfully sit a 2nd term," but it has been taken down for violating YouTube's terms of service.

Admittedly, I didn't watch the entire video because I thought it was so outlandish. I've encountered some Christian Trump supporters online who are ecstatic about the so-called prophecy in the video. I think it's a little unsettling, but these people are still clinging to the false hope that Trump didn't lose the election and God will overturn the election in Trump's favor. I can't help but feel sorry for them.
As a Christian, the only rational reaction to these people making those prophecies is to listen to what God has already told us in His Word about such people:
Deuteronomy 8:22
When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him.

So God has told us that such people are false prophets and we are to have no fear (respect) of them. So I don't. I look at them as false prophets, based on God's Word.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟431,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Don't have to pick. God does what He does. He puts them in charge---they have the free will to not do what He wants them to do---He put Saul in as King over Israel--when he did not do as he should have---He gave the kingdom to David. What these people are forgetting is that God puts them in power---but He also takes them down. They are happy with having him in power, but when God takes him down, they don't like it. At least we don't have to wait for 10 years as David did! Just a few more days.
In a democracy does God make the majority vote for the winner? Where is their free will?

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Looks unlikely for a second Trump consecutive term.

Whether that's God's plan, or runs contrary to God's plan, or even if God has a plan for this at all, I cant say. Who can say? Some people think they can apparently.
Everyone I’ve ever met that claimed the “gift of prophecy” has been a con or a nut job.

I have a friend who did a decade in Federal. He jokes a lot about how many (swindler) “preachers” he did time with.!

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟431,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Everyone I’ve ever met that claimed the “gift of prophecy” has been a con or a nut job.

I have a friend who did a decade in Federal. He jokes a lot about how many (swindler) “preachers” he did time with.!
You're already The Most Interesting Poster in the Forum. Don't need to add to it.

• Friendly
Reactions: cow451
Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
In a democracy does God make the majority vote for the winner? Where is their free will?

Still have it. They can refuse to listen to the requests of the Holy Spirit---some one else will. And He doesn't interfere in every election, He will just lets people do what they will, that they end up paying the price of their actions. God alone knows when to interfere, when not to.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
... Yea! Just what we needed, we most certainly didn't have enough "What about these false prophets?" threads...

Answer... they are false. Not anything more even can be said really... but hey, let's say it some more.. I'm sure the false prophets who have no fear of the living God will listen to us nobodies if we say it enough..
I hear you but some things bear repeating.

Upvote 0

Robban

-----------
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟649,449.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced
... Yea! Just what we needed, we most certainly didn't have enough "What about these false prophets?" threads...

Answer... they are false. Not anything more even can be said really... but hey, let's say it some more.. I'm sure the false prophets who have no fear of the living God will listen to us nobodies if we say it enough..

At best they they make failed predictions,
at worst they act as forune tellers.

Which is an abonimation anyhow.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Guinan

Dec 12, 2020
Texas
✟50,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I hear you but some things bear repeating.

It certainly wasn't my intention to ruffle any feathers. I wasn't aware of the other threads on the topic when I posted my thread. I haven't seen the other threads, but I haven't been looking for them either.

Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟269,957.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You and I against an omniscient, omnipotent, and omnipresent Supreme Being would be like a developmentally disabled child playing chess against the likes of Garry Kasparov.

It is all beyond my comprehension and so it will also be the same for you, and everyone else.

COngrats you just made the anti free will argument :>

Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟269,957.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

God can't put them in power without taking away free will, either by manipulating the election, the people voting so the guy he wants in power is there, or such.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It certainly wasn't my intention to ruffle any feathers. I wasn't aware of the other threads on the topic when I posted my thread. I haven't seen the other threads, but I haven't been looking for them either.
We love you anyway, in spite of all your sins.

• Friendly
Reactions: Guinan
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.