• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

The Christians who "prophesied" Trump's second term

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by Guinan, Jan 13, 2021 at 6:21 PM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guinan

Guinan Live long and prosper.

+633
    United States
    Christian Seeker
    Married
    US-Republican
    I thought I would mention this subject since we're already talking about Evangelical Christians still supporting Trump and a Pastor who invoked a curse of God on elections stealers in this forum.

What do you think about all the released prophecies claiming that God will give Trump a 2nd term in office? There was one such video on YouTube entitled "God just showed me how Trump will actually rightfully sit a 2nd term," but it has been taken down for violating YouTube's terms of service.

Admittedly, I didn't watch the entire video because I thought it was so outlandish. I've encountered some Christian Trump supporters online who are ecstatic about the so-called prophecy in the video. I think it's a little unsettling, but these people are still clinging to the false hope that Trump didn't lose the election and God will overturn the election in Trump's favor. I can't help but feel sorry for them.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 3
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. 2PhiloVoid

2PhiloVoid Life is lived in the shape of a "?" Supporter

+6,681
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    What do I think about "prophecies"? I think that these are being pushed by mainly hyper-Charismatic evangelical Christians rather than more mainstream evangelical Christians. So, we might want to keep this in mind. Evangelical is a loose-fitting term, acting like a net that catches a lot of different fish; what we find in that net isn't all the same.

Anyway, would it be surprising that we have the presence of what are otherwise (possibly) false prophets among us? It could be the case.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  3. Rene Loup

Rene Loup Saved Wolf Among Sheep

+252
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    Either they are lying[1] or they did NOT test the spirits.[2]

1. Deut. 5:20, Ex. 20:16, Prov. 6:16-19, Rom. 3:7-8
    2. 1 Cor. 12:1-11, 14:29-33, 1 John 4:1-6, 1 Thess. 5:19-22, 2 Tim. 3:10-17

4. durangodawood

durangodawood Dis Member

+7,698
    United States
    Seeker
    Single
    Looks unlikely for a second Trump consecutive term.

Whether that's God's plan, or runs contrary to God's plan, or even if God has a plan for this at all, I cant say. Who can say? Some people think they can apparently.

5. Desk trauma

Desk trauma Atheist Capitalist Supporter

+8,995
    United States
    Atheist
    Private
    US-Others
    I think they will make no mention of what the bible says should become of false prophets.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. Rene Loup

+252
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    My mentor explained to me that God puts people in charge and later takes them down after He has no more need of their services. The same God Who put Adolf Hitler in charge also put Winston Churchill in charge during a critical time in history. As horrible as it all turned out because of how these leaders used their free will, it did result in the rebirth of Israel, a critical part of end times theology.

The same God Who put Donald Trump in charge also put Barack Obama in charge. What is His plan for this? I honestly do not know, it is all beyond my comprehension. All I know is that it is foolish to challenge my family doctor about why my foot is so sore, because I did a couple of hours of research on the internet.

Have faith and trust God.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. Michael Collum

Michael Collum Everything began with a voice, use yours Supporter

+4,845
    Canada
    Christian Seeker
    Married
    I'm still waiting til January 21 2021 for one of them that hasn't been taken down.

There's a thread on it.

If it's still up on January 21 2021, I'll do an analysis of the video.

8. Desk trauma

+8,995
    United States
    Atheist
    Private
    US-Others
    Free will or puts people in charge, pick one.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  9. Elliewaves

Elliewaves Untouchable internet saint

+1,451
    Non-Denom
    Engaged
    They monetized their videos so they can make money off of the people that desperately want it to be true. They probably want to sell a book or merch too. So they say something that will tickle the ears, something that is already emotionally charged and full of conspiracy, get God involved and claim He's in on it, and people will watch it and they can make money off of it.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021 at 6:56 PM
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  10. Michael Collum

Michael Collum Everything began with a voice, use yours Supporter

+4,845
    Canada
    Christian Seeker
    Married
    So if they're supposed to be stoned, then does that mean they need to go to a state where it's legal to light up?

11. JackRT

JackRT Well-Known Member Supporter

+16,143
    Canada
    Unorthodox
    Married
    The ironic thing about such prophesies and "God's will" is that when they fail the failure must be God's real will making the prophesy and hence the prophet are false. Lately the whole thing has been a revolving door and people are duped time after time after time and by the same people over and over again.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. Rene Loup

+252
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    You and I against an omniscient, omnipotent, and omnipresent Supreme Being would be like a developmentally disabled child playing chess against the likes of Garry Kasparov.

It is all beyond my comprehension and so it will also be the same for you, and everyone else.

13. Sketcher

Sketcher Born Imperishable

+6,851
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Republican
    I don't feel sorry for the so-called prophets at all. I do feel sorry for some believers who put their hope in them.

To be fair, there are others who claim the prophetic gift who predicted that Trump would not be re-elected. But they're not celebrities.

14. seeking.IAM

seeking.IAM Episcopalian Supporter

+2,994
    United States
    Anglican
    Married
    Four years ago there were a myriad of posters in CF writing that President Trump would not have been elected if it was not God's will. They offered scripture in support of their belief. Suddenly they are quiet.

15. d taylor

d taylor Well-Known Member

+1,748
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    God does not prophesize through people now, we were given the Bible for our age.

16. Desk trauma

+8,995
    United States
    Atheist
    Private
    US-Others
    A lovely excuse you got yourself there.

17. Pavel Mosko

Pavel Mosko Arch-Dude of the Apostolic Supporter

+2,720
    United States
    Oriental Orthodox
    Single
    I've kind of agonized and gone back and forth on this.

1) I've seen a bad track record on political "prophesy" for 3 decades.

2) I completely sympathize with the POV as far as the election goes, and would really like for them to be right because I think it would be better for the nation especially when it comes to bread and butter issues like China and the general welfare of the country.

3) I've studied psychology besides the Bible and well aware how people can simply have strong desires etc. that they can believe are more than that. And the Bible itself shows some (false) prophets prophesying out of their soul nice hopeful prophecies for Israel (When God ordained captivity in Babylon, or failure on the battle field).

4) But in my personal life there is a definite need to have more faith as far as dealing with various problems in life etc. and being open to the supernatural answers to prayer etc. so that ends up being more open to other things like this. In the Bible, also some deliverances can go down to the wire...

5) But in more recent times watching you-tube videos I have learned some concepts like morbid optimism or malignant optimism that could apply here (Optimism is not entirely positive certain kinds of optimism keeps people in abusive relationships etc.).

So anyway I think some people are going to get a rude awakening at some point. But it would be really cool if they are right! But if the expected happens maybe this can be the big reset button to some ministries that have been squirrely for a while. I do see however see some Docetic interpretations down the corner that have the apparent failure rationalized based on "what we can see in the natural" vs. "the spiritual" which unfortunately will set people up for more delusion.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021 at 7:19 PM
    • Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  18. Desk trauma

+8,995
    United States
    Atheist
    Private
    US-Others
    Tut, tut, no polluting the temple like that.

Give them several high test edibles and hit record.

19. Robban

Robban ----------- Supporter

+2,252
    Sweden
    Judaism
    Divorced
    Why not?

A shining example would be;

Esther 4:13-14

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List