Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I thought I would mention this subject since we're already talking about Evangelical Christians still supporting Trump and a Pastor who invoked a curse of God on elections stealers in this forum.

What do you think about all the released prophecies claiming that God will give Trump a 2nd term in office? There was one such video on YouTube entitled "God just showed me how Trump will actually rightfully sit a 2nd term," but it has been taken down for violating YouTube's terms of service.

Admittedly, I didn't watch the entire video because I thought it was so outlandish. I've encountered some Christian Trump supporters online who are ecstatic about the so-called prophecy in the video. I think it's a little unsettling, but these people are still clinging to the false hope that Trump didn't lose the election and God will overturn the election in Trump's favor. I can't help but feel sorry for them.

2PhiloVoid

Yes, you're right! I'm not Gandalf!
Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,126,163.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I thought I would mention this subject since we're already talking about Evangelical Christians still supporting Trump and a Pastor who invoked a curse of God on elections stealers in this forum.

What do you think about all the released prophecies claiming that God will give Trump a 2nd term in office? There was one such video on YouTube entitled "God just showed me how Trump will actually rightfully sit a 2nd term," but it has been taken down for violating YouTube's terms of service.

Admittedly, I didn't watch the entire video because I thought it was so outlandish. I've encountered some Christian Trump supporters online who are ecstatic about the so-called prophecy in the video. I think it's a little unsettling, but these people are still clinging to the false hope that Trump didn't lose the election and God will overturn the election in Trump's favor. I can't help but feel sorry for them.

What do I think about "prophecies"? I think that these are being pushed by mainly hyper-Charismatic evangelical Christians rather than more mainstream evangelical Christians. So, we might want to keep this in mind. Evangelical is a loose-fitting term, acting like a net that catches a lot of different fish; what we find in that net isn't all the same.

Anyway, would it be surprising that we have the presence of what are otherwise (possibly) false prophets among us? It could be the case.

Upvote 0

Rene Loup

Left the pack, joined the flock.
Apr 13, 2020
Canada
✟62,140.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Either they are lying[1] or they did NOT test the spirits.[2]

1. Deut. 5:20, Ex. 20:16, Prov. 6:16-19, Rom. 3:7-8
  2. 1 Cor. 12:1-11, 14:29-33, 1 John 4:1-6, 1 Thess. 5:19-22, 2 Tim. 3:10-17

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟428,018.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Looks unlikely for a second Trump consecutive term.

Whether that's God's plan, or runs contrary to God's plan, or even if God has a plan for this at all, I cant say. Who can say? Some people think they can apparently.

• Agree
Reactions: ArmenianJohn
Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,173,411.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
What do you think about all the released prophecies claiming that God will give Trump a 2nd term in office?
I think they will make no mention of what the bible says should become of false prophets.

Upvote 0

Rene Loup

Apr 13, 2020
Canada
✟62,140.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Whether that's God's plan, or runs contrary to God's plan, or even if God has a plan for this at all, I cant say. Who can say? Some people think they can apparently.

My mentor explained to me that God puts people in charge and later takes them down after He has no more need of their services. The same God Who put Adolf Hitler in charge also put Winston Churchill in charge during a critical time in history. As horrible as it all turned out because of how these leaders used their free will, it did result in the rebirth of Israel, a critical part of end times theology.

The same God Who put Donald Trump in charge also put Barack Obama in charge. What is His plan for this? I honestly do not know, it is all beyond my comprehension. All I know is that it is foolish to challenge my family doctor about why my foot is so sore, because I did a couple of hours of research on the internet.

Have faith and trust God.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟721,286.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married

I'm still waiting til January 21 2021 for one of them that hasn't been taken down.

There's a thread on it.

If it's still up on January 21 2021, I'll do an analysis of the video.

Reactions: Guinan
Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,173,411.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
My mentor explained to me that God puts people in charge and later takes them down after He has no more need of their services. The same God Who put Adolf Hitler in charge also put Winston Churchill in charge during a critical time in history. As horrible as it all turned out because of how these leaders used their free will, it did result in the rebirth of Israel, a critical part of end times theology.

The same God Who put Donald Trump in charge also put Barack Obama in charge. What is His plan for this? I honestly do not know, it is all beyond my comprehension. All I know is that it is foolish to challenge my family doctor about why my foot is so sore, because I did a couple of hours of research on the internet.

Free will or puts people in charge, pick one.

Upvote 0

Elliewaves

Untouchable internet saint
Dec 18, 2011
✟97,387.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
They monetized their videos so they can make money off of the people that desperately want it to be true. They probably want to sell a book or merch too. So they say something that will tickle the ears, something that is already emotionally charged and full of conspiracy, get God involved and claim He's in on it, and people will watch it and they can make money off of it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟721,286.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I think they will make no mention of what the bible says should become of false prophets.
So if they're supposed to be stoned, then does that mean they need to go to a state where it's legal to light up?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JackRT

Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married

The ironic thing about such prophesies and "God's will" is that when they fail the failure must be God's real will making the prophesy and hence the prophet are false. Lately the whole thing has been a revolving door and people are duped time after time after time and by the same people over and over again.

Upvote 0

Rene Loup

Apr 13, 2020
Canada
✟62,140.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Free will or puts people in charge, pick one.

You and I against an omniscient, omnipotent, and omnipresent Supreme Being would be like a developmentally disabled child playing chess against the likes of Garry Kasparov.

It is all beyond my comprehension and so it will also be the same for you, and everyone else.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟378,031.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I don't feel sorry for the so-called prophets at all. I do feel sorry for some believers who put their hope in them.

To be fair, there are others who claim the prophetic gift who predicted that Trump would not be re-elected. But they're not celebrities.

Upvote 0

seeking.IAM

Episcopalian
Supporter
Feb 29, 2004
Indiana
✟931,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married

Four years ago there were a myriad of posters in CF writing that President Trump would not have been elected if it was not God's will. They offered scripture in support of their belief. Suddenly they are quiet.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Desk trauma

Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,173,411.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
You and I against an omniscient, omnipotent, and omnipresent Supreme Being would be like a developmentally disabled child playing chess against the likes of Garry Kasparov.

It is all beyond my comprehension and so it will also be the same for you, and everyone else.

A lovely excuse you got yourself there.

Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

I've kind of agonized and gone back and forth on this.

1) I've seen a bad track record on political "prophesy" for 3 decades.

2) I completely sympathize with the POV as far as the election goes, and would really like for them to be right because I think it would be better for the nation especially when it comes to bread and butter issues like China and the general welfare of the country.

3) I've studied psychology besides the Bible and well aware how people can simply have strong desires etc. that they can believe are more than that. And the Bible itself shows some (false) prophets prophesying out of their soul nice hopeful prophecies for Israel (When God ordained captivity in Babylon, or failure on the battle field).

4) But in my personal life there is a definite need to have more faith as far as dealing with various problems in life etc. and being open to the supernatural answers to prayer etc. so that ends up being more open to other things like this. In the Bible, also some deliverances can go down to the wire...

5) But in more recent times watching you-tube videos I have learned some concepts like morbid optimism or malignant optimism that could apply here (Optimism is not entirely positive certain kinds of optimism keeps people in abusive relationships etc.).

So anyway I think some people are going to get a rude awakening at some point. But it would be really cool if they are right! But if the expected happens maybe this can be the big reset button to some ministries that have been squirrely for a while. I do see however see some Docetic interpretations down the corner that have the apparent failure rationalized based on "what we can see in the natural" vs. "the spiritual" which unfortunately will set people up for more delusion.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,173,411.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
So if they're supposed to be stoned, then does that mean they need to go to a state where it's legal to light up?
Tut, tut, no polluting the temple like that.

Give them several high test edibles and hit record.

Upvote 0

Robban

-----------
Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟626,034.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced

Why not?

A shining example would be;

Esther 4:13-14

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟279,068.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What do you think about all the released prophecies claiming that God will give Trump a 2nd term in office?
Just validates how phony they are.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.