Texas
✟77,930.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think the issue for some people is what is called a sin as well as how you treat others. Some Chistians focus on the person more than the sin, while some focus on the sin more than the person.

Christians can be a blessing or they can be stumbling block. Unkind and rude Christians can hinder the message of the Gospel and tarnish the overall image of Christians in the eyes of non-Christians.

Christians are responsible for their personal Christian witness. Christians are also responsible for their behavior and attitude toward other people. Unbelievers can either be drawn to Jesus or pushed away from Him by how they are treated by Christians or if a Christian is being hypocritical in their own life.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: JackRT
Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟321,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Do you have as much experience in conservative churches as you obviously do in liberal churches?

I am glad that you recognize that there are only a few poorly informed liberals.
The churches I went to, seemed to side with Republicans. Even black churches I've been to. I did go to a church that might have been more liberal. Meaning less judgement. They were pretty helpful with my sister.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟303,892.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The churches I went to, seemed to side with Republicans.
Ever wonder what churches outside the US do? (the majority of Christianity?) Does your politics enter into them? Does theirs?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I'm sure that's true, but let's face it, individuals and groups on both sides have been at fault for the uproar. And somewhere, I'm also sure there's a devil in the details causing some of the spiritual flustering as well.
Oh, I don't know about that. To say that the side which is pushing to overturn norms, and the side that reacts against that move, are somehow 'peas in a pod' isn't really accurate IMO.

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Yes, you're right! I'm not Gandalf!
Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,126,163.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Oh, I don't know about that. To say that the side which is pushing to overturn norms, and the side that reacts against that move, are somehow 'peas in a pod' isn't really accurate IMO.
Then again, this kind of ideological roiling betwisn't anything new in history. The fact is, people on both sides are at fault.

• Agree
Reactions: Sif
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Then again, this kind of ideological roiling betwisn't anything new in history. The fact is, people on both sides are at fault.
Who are you talking about? I've heard this all before. On the one side there are most of the major Protestant denominations with the Catholic Church beginning to get into that act also...and on the other side the Westboro Baptist Church will be cited, a congregation made up essentially of the members of one family in Kansas...and then the two sides will be pronounced as even.

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Yes, you're right! I'm not Gandalf!
Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,126,163.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Who are you talking about?

That's a question? Are you wanting specific names or general demographic population types? ^_^ I mean, I could just say that one side likes to flop around, cry and throw verbal temper-tantrums when their vote doesn't bring in the person they thought it would into office. The other side seems to think that wearing red base-ball caps will somehow signal the beginning of a new era of ... well, something red.

Both aren't quite on track with Jesus, though, it seems.

• Agree
Reactions: timothyu
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
The point was that the people described in your post as throwing temper tantrums are really throwing punches, whereas the people wearing red hats and being on the receiving end of those punches are, well, wearing baseball hats, that's all.

Not to be able to see any difference between the two, certainly does call the whole claim into question.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟551,884.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The point was that the people described in your post as throwing temper tantrums are really throwing punches, whereas the people wearing red hats and being on the receiving end of those punches are, well, wearing baseball hats, that's all.

Not to be able to see any difference between the two, certainly does call the whole claim into question.

“baseball hats, that’s all”

636381488024076491-AP17224684369015.jpg

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟321,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

I don't think Christian liberals are the ones harassing people with Trump hats. Personally, I think it's just people, that believe Trump is racist . And believe everyone, that wear those hats are also racist.

• Agree
Reactions: JackRT
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I don't think Christian liberals are the ones harassing people with Trump hats.

Oh dear. Should we have taken more notice of the need that a lot of people feel to beat up complete strangers--just because they were wearing red hats?!
:destroyed:

Why not you give us a fuller explanation of the morality of such a thing, so that we can better understand?

Upvote 0

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,588.00
Faith
Christian
The American Right has been getting noticeably more secular in recent years. The current president ran the most secular campaign that any Republican candidate since Gerald Ford. The Christian Right's involvement in politics is nothing like what it was in the 80's and 90's - today most conservative Christians simply fall in line and support what ever candidate they consider the best candidate. So if that's the issue the trend should reverse itself.
That is because the other sides candidates are more ungodly than the ungodliness of those they vote for and espouse strange political views that go against what they want to happen. Its a weighing process, put the candidates in a balance and see which one fits best.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟303,892.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
As Christians are supposed to be following the values of God and not of man, how is it possible to find a 'fit' of the governance of God in the alien thinking government of man? Complaining about one or two so called 'sin's' while ignoring the rest that serves self doesn't cut it. Where is the servitude and putting the lives of others before our own?

• Winner
Reactions: Kaon
Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,249,390.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
This article looks at the trend that has been happening in American politics.

The Christian Right Is Helping Drive Liberals Away From Religion

Mostly due to the Christian Right involvement in politics.

Which does lead to a larger issue, that houses of worship as no longer places where both sides in American politics can come together. There are fewer and fewer such places where liberals and conservatives can meet, and without them I can't see the current trend reversing.

Edit: fixed quotes

This happened at my church. The denomination is liberal but the congregation is like the Republican party at prayer. They aren't exactly as far right as many on this forum but I'm at the point that I expect more from supposed moral leaders other than soft-pedalling cultural conservativism and trying to put lipstick on a pig.

I don't want much to do with Christianity as an institution anymore, as a result.

Last edited:
Upvote 0