✟675.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
From one Christian to another, I ask you to read and consider what I am
about to say. In November, the nation is going to have to vote for president and many other elected officials. There are many, many issues facing the nation today- terrorism, the ecomomy, etc, but there is one key issue that this election is VERY important for. It is an issue that we (myself included) all need to be aware of. It is the issue of abortion.
Today in our country, the Partial Birth Abortion Ban is overruled
because liberal justices rule it conflicts with RoevWade. Here is how one nurse described a Partial Birth Abortion:

"I stood at the doctors side and watched him perform a partial-birth
abortion on a woman who was six months pregnant. The babys heartbeat was clearlyvisible on the ultrasound screen. The doctor delivered the babys body and arms, everything but his little head. The babys body was moving. His little fingers were clasping together. He was kicking his feet. The doctor took a pair of scissors and inserted them into the back of the babys head, and the babys arms jerked out in a flinch, a startle reaction, like a baby does when he thinks that he might fall. Then the doctor opened the scissors up. Then he stuck the high-powered suction tube into the hole and sucked the babys brains out. Now the baby was completely limp. I never went back to the clinic. But I am still haunted by the face of that little boy. It was the most perfect, angelic face I have ever seen." -Nurse Brenda Pratt Shafer

These liberal justices must be replaced. They will only be replaced by
a pro-life president. Here are some more quotes of abortionists
describing their jobs. From http://clinicquotes.topcities.com
---------------------------------------------------------------------
"I wanted to be the world's best abortionist, for the good of my
patients. If I was going to do this, I was going to do it right. So, after I met each patient, reviewed the medical information gathered by my nurse, examined the patient and performed the abortion, I would then carefully sift through the remains to be sure all the parts were accounted for. I had to find four extremities (two arms and two legs) a spine, a skull, and the placenta, or my patient would suffer later from an incomplete abortion...My attention was so focused on my perceived patient that I managed to deny that there were, in fact, two patients involved- the expectant mother and a very small child...I had to wonder, how can having a child be so wrong for some people that they will pay me to end its life?"
--former abortionist Dr. McMillan "How One Doctor Changed Her Mind
About Abortion" Focus on the Family, Colorado Springs
In the book "Abortion: Debating the Issue" (New York:Enslow Publishing,
Inc., 1995) Nancy Day quotes abortionist Dr. Ed Jones, who had worked at a Planned Parenthood Clinic for 4 years at the time of the interview, saying the following:

"This can burn you out very, very quickly...not so much by the physical
labor as the emotional part of what's going on. When you do an ultraound, particularly if you have children, and you see a fetus there, kicking, moving, living,doing things that your own child does, bringing it's thumb to its mouth, andthings like that- it's difficult. Then, after the procedure, sometimes we have to actually look at the specimen, and you see arms and legs and things
like that torn off...It does take an emotional toll."
From "Abortion at Work: Ideology and Practice in a Feminist Clinic" by
Wendy Simonds. New Brunswick: Rutgers University Press, 1996 (the author is pro-choice and even has a chapter on dealing with pro-lifers (she calls them 'antis') However, she also quotes some clinic personel discussing how they feel about dealing with abortion 'tissue'

"It's just- I mean it looks like a baby. It looks like a baby. And especially if you get one that comes out, that's not piecemeal. And you know, I sawthis one, and it had its fingers in its mouth...it makes me really sad that that had to happen, you know, but it doesn't change my mind."

"So by it looking like a baby, you're associating it with yourself
because...you used to be a baby, you used to be a fetus."

"...when you're, you know, putting a fetus's feet in over its head in a
baggie, there's just this brief moment of "This could have been me," which I fundamentally believe is okay. She should have the right to choose..."

"...it looks like a baby, That's what it looks like to me. You've never
seen anything else that looks like that. The only other thing you've ever
seen is a baby...You can see a face and hands, and ears and eyes and, you know...feet and toes...It bothered me real bad the first time..."

"I think the tough part was seeing actual pieces of fetus being
removed..And in the beginning, yes, I remember looking, standing behind this woman's shoulder [as she performed an abortion] and thinking, "I can't do this...There's something emotionally upsetting about this..Features are discernible; you can count five fingers on a hand and five toes on a foot. You know, all the organ systems are formed. You know, you can see ears as structures, and the nose and eyes as structures...I have gotten to the point now that because I've been doing this work five months, four months, I look at it a little differently. I don't see the same things that I did. And, honestly, when I sit down to do one of these now, I am watching to be sure that I'm getting everything that I need to get. It's 'Do I have two lower extremities? Do I have two upper extremities? Is there a spine? ...and the skull?...It does become a bit routine after a while. I don't fear it."

From the author: "Many health workers told me they 'never look at the
face' when processing tissue."
When Jesus comes (and it may be soon!!) will you be able to look Him in
the face? Will you be able to tell him you did your best to stop this
killing? Will I? Probably not. But there is a little something I can do. I can vote Bush in November. It is true that there are other issues, but if 4,000 three year olds a day were being round up and executed, would you consider voting for a man who supported it? Anyone who still feels unborn children are not human, visit
http://clinicquotes.topcities.com/abortedpics/AbortionPictures.html
Please make a decision to vote for life. And may God bless you.

bliz

Contributor
Jun 5, 2004
Here
✟14,830.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Please do not misunderstand me: I am pro-life.

However, we have seen through 8 years of a Ronald Regan in the White House, followed by 4 years of George I, the President really does not have the power to effect this issue. What changed on abortion in those 12 years? Nothing.

No President can appoint an openly pro-choice candidate for the US Supreme court and get him/her confirmed. Following the Bork confirmation hearings, the issue has changed and a candidate's jurisprudence and the quality of their legal mind are of little interest. What matters is what they have said and put on paper. So, increasingly, nominees are stelth candidates - no one is all that sure what they think and belive - hence, David Souter.

Further, the real battle is not over the laws but over the hearts of people. Before abortion was legal there will plenty of American women getting abortions - the wealthy flew out of the country or paid doctors who did them on the sly; poor women would seek "back ally" abortions or try do-it-yourself.

The numbers of abortions in this contry is on the decrease because hearts are changing. That is where more of our focus and concern needs to be.

If you are called to work more in the political arena, the perspective of Senators will have far more say than that of the next President, or the next. And let's not forget that US Supreme Court Justices are appointed for life. No President can come in and kick any of them off the bench.

Upvote 0

zachflash

Jun 5, 2004
✟7,804.00
Faith
Methodist
It is hard to believe that such a practice is acceptable. Pro-life judges are hard to pass, because Senators have used fillibusters to prevent such things from happening. What we can do, though, is pray for our nation, make more people aware of other options to abortion (such as adoption or the C-section), elect officials that allign themselves with our morals and beliefs, and a lot more.

I think one of the problems is that there is no strong public outcry or movement. Just recently, there was a large group of thousands and thousands of the opposite philosophy out in Washington D.C. Some people are afraid to take a stand for what they believe in.

Upvote 0

DanielRB

Slave of Allah
Jul 16, 2004
New Mexico
✟18,922.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Jennifer615 said:
Abortion is blatant cold-blooded murder. Partial birth abortion is the most evil, barbaric of procedure ever invented. People put animals down in a more humane way!

How could this possibly be legal!!??
I'm curious, Jennifer: is it illegal in Australia?

I am truly saddened that in my country it is legal. Even slaves were treated better. :cry:

In Christ,

Daniel

Upvote 0