Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
given that the BYU film set is being used for Season 2 and that BYUtv is also involved, I am no longer following.

And working with them could be a evangelism opportunity. It would be a chance for God to draw people to Truth. I'm still watching and supporting

I initially was unhappy about the use of a Mormon facility, but I considered it and decided it was a minor concession for the purpose of a major blessing. This series is going to draw many in closer to Jesus, and some will see for the first time how it really was back then. That includes Mormons, and all the more so because of the use of this location.

I remember when Billy Graham pierced the Iron Curtain just prior to 1989, I believe it was, by bringing the Gospel to Russia. Critics complained that the Soviets were going to use him to legitimize themselves by saying, "look, we have freedom of religion!". Graham's response was something like, "They'll use me, but I will use them, to spread the Gospel. I'm confident that the Gospel is the more powerful force". History has proven him correct.

Many people are getting hung up on minor issues with this production, and missing a great blessing. I'm not surprised, but it is a shame. Nothing is perfect. God is clearly continuing to bless the project. Guard first principles and don't sweat the rest.

• Agree
Reactions: doctorwho29
Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,010,441.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
The Chosen is a wonderful series indeed. Watched series 1 a couple of times.

I am waiting until all of series 2 is available so that i can watch it all over 2 days.

The actors are amazing. The writing sublime. Engrossing.

The Chosen Christmas special was superb too.

Upvote 0

alkaloid

Apr 13, 2021
Toronto
✟10,327.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Episode 4 is going to be streaming tonight at 9pm ET. You can watch it on The Chosen app or on YouTube and FB, however they've said they're only keeping them up on the latter 2 for 24 hours.

Dallas Jenkins, the creator of the show says that tonight's episode is their "biggest episode ever" with a major story event.

[Youtube Live Stream Link]
[Angel Studios Live Stream Link]

Can't wait to see what they do! :D

Upvote 0

doctorwho29

May 20, 2011
Belton, TX
✟139,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Episode 4 is going to be streaming tonight at 9pm ET. You can watch it on The Chosen app or on YouTube and FB, however they've said they're only keeping them up on the latter 2 for 24 hours.

Dallas Jenkins, the creator of the show says that tonight's episode is their "biggest episode ever" with a major story event.

[Youtube Live Stream Link]
[Angel Studios Live Stream Link]

Can't wait to see what they do! :D
I can't wait. This is gonna be good

Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I've watched it a few times now. No character since Peter and Andrew, and Mary Mag. have received as much build up as Simon the Zealot. He'll play an important part in the next episode as well.

Some of Jonathan's facial expressions have a lot of depth to them, like at the roadside crucifixions. I liked seeing the interplay among everyone at the evening meal, with the questions about the Gentiles that they must have had back then, and Jesus' discreet way of answering them, and Jonathan's last line at the end, which tied Jesus healing on the Sabbath back to the action at the pool. I never had thought of it that way.

Reactions: doctorwho29
Upvote 0

doctorwho29

May 20, 2011
Belton, TX
✟139,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The list of Disciples is almost complete. No Simon hasn't even met Jesus yet but he's on the show in a big way. The only one left, if I'm right, is Judas Iscariot. I'm torn if it seems a little overdone to have him show up last. It just really singles him out...but that may be the point. By the time Judas joins, the others may be such a family that he feels like an outsider. Easier for betrayal.

Maybe random but just what's on my mind.

Upvote 0

alkaloid

Apr 13, 2021
Toronto
✟10,327.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
The list of Disciples is almost complete. No Simon hasn't even met Jesus yet but he's on the show in a big way. The only one left, if I'm right, is Judas Iscariot. I'm torn if it seems a little overdone to have him show up last. It just really singles him out...but that may be the point. By the time Judas joins, the others may be such a family that he feels like an outsider. Easier for betrayal.
You may be right! It definitely would make sense if they did it that way. I guess we'll wait to see what happens.

Hopefully Episode 5 comes out next week like Dallas was hinting at. Definitely looking forward to seeing more about Simon meeting Jesus finally.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

paul1149

Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The only one left, if I'm right, is Judas Iscariot.
That's one I'm not looking forward to. It must be challenging to portray him in the kind of depth this series usually has.

From a clip I've seen, Simon Z. is going to have a struggle giving up his path of violence. He expects Messiah to be a military leader. Wait until he meets Matthew!

There were a couple of other in-depth character developments I had forgotten about - Nicodemus and Mary. But the others, even James and John, did not get the time Simon Z. has gotten.

Upvote 0

doctorwho29

May 20, 2011
Belton, TX
✟139,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Finally saw episode 5 of season 2 tonight. Another winner for sure. I don't know if we need to worry about spoilers here or not so I guess I won't say anything specific but I'm really intrigued to see where certain plot threads are headed.

Upvote 0

alkaloid

Apr 13, 2021
Toronto
✟10,327.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Yea, it was definitely a good one! Kinda dark at points, but still so powerful and emotional. I think it's interesting to get to see the problems the disciples dealt with because it's a good reminder that even those closest to Jesus still struggled with their sins--something we all can definitely relate to.

Looks like episode 6 may take another month or so, according to Dallas

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

.Mikha'el.

7x13=28
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
May 22, 2004
British Columbia
✟1,004,874.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
It's amazing! An entire show dedicated to Jesus and His followers. We had The Bible miniseries a few years back, and that was awesome, but this is a step beyond even that. This is just...wow

I hated The Bible miniseries because it wasn't even remotely adequate in its coverage of the biblical text. It was really rushed, and would have needed at least four times as many episodes to maybe cover it adequately. It's what makes me leery to try this series.

Upvote 0

paul1149

Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I hated The Bible miniseries because it wasn't even remotely adequate in its coverage of the biblical text. It was really rushed, and would have needed at least four times as many episodes to maybe cover it adequately. It's what makes me leery to try this series.
IIRC, I stopped watching The Bible series when it pulled punches regarding Sodom. That was the last straw. For me it wasn't that they had to skim a bit, but that what they did deal with was not accurate.

But last I heard The Chosen is set for 7 seasons, which adds up to over 50 hours of coverage. But the concept here is different. There are elaborate back stories, it's not confined to the Biblical text, though it is plausibly consistent with it, so those 50 hours will not all be the text you're used to.

Upvote 0

doctorwho29

May 20, 2011
Belton, TX
✟139,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I understand but you really won't find that problem here. It is at least 7 seasons long and season one only covers up to the Woman at the Well. They take time to explore and let things play out (both explicitly in the Bible and respectfully invented plot points)

Upvote 0

alkaloid

Apr 13, 2021
Toronto
✟10,327.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Next episode is coming out on June 23rd :D

I'm definitely curious to see what happens with Mary Magdalene. Apparently people are freaking out because they portray Jesus's disciples as imperfect, which I mean, is funny because to assume they were perfect seems unrealistic to me. I'm glad to see how human they make this show and even his close followers. It's a great reminder that even we, as followers, are just the same.

Reactions: tturt
Upvote 0

doctorwho29

May 20, 2011
Belton, TX
✟139,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Next episode is coming out on June 23rd :D

I'm definitely curious to see what happens with Mary Magdalene. Apparently people are freaking out because they portray Jesus's disciples as imperfect, which I mean, is funny because to assume they were perfect seems unrealistic to me. I'm glad to see how human they make this show and even his close followers. It's a great reminder that even we, as followers, are just the same.

Yeah Dallas Jenkins got mad at fans for their strong critique of Mary backsliding. He posted a video about it and everything. It's so sad how church people can think sometimes

• Agree
Reactions: tturt
Upvote 0