THE CHOSEN ,best series I've ever watched.

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟687,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
A Fire Stick will get you YouTube, or as I call it, EweToob.

Don't have a firestick..

But yea! I downloaded YouTube on the TV, and so I'm watching now!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟687,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hi everyone, have others on the forum seen this series which was made 2019?

It is not on TV but streamed free to watch on phone, computer and can be connected up to your TV if you wish to view on the TV.
It is Jesus ministry told from the view points of those around him. ie Nicodemus, the disciples etc.
It will go for six or seven years as there is so much to tell.
It is the most brilliant thing I have watched and puts you really as if you were there.
It has been made to be viewed worldwide and has been funded purely by crowd funding and will be on going.
It is not the usual run of the mill depiction of the gospel and I'm sure anyone who watches it will not be let down.

I really wanted to share this with everyone who hasn't seen it as it opens up the Bible brilliantly.
You will also be able to see how it all came about and I cannot recommend it more highly.
I came randomly across it, I don't even know how, perhaps I was led......

My phones out of charge now but I hope you check it out.:clap:

It's very good, I like the different perspective.. :)

Thank you for the heads up!

• Friendly
Reactions: Heavenhome
Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,010,441.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Watched a few episodes so far.

Truly wonderful series. Keeps one glued to watching! Definitely going to put money towards it to help grow the series. That enables others to view for nothing.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Heavenhome

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
Newstead.Australia
✟407,525.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am surprised more people haven't seen it.
I'm in Australia and just happened to come across it fiddling on You Tube.
So obviously it hasn't been spoken much about???
I'm glad others have enjoyed it as there is so little "out there" to watch.

• Agree
Reactions: Tigger45
Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
So obviously it hasn't been spoken much about???
The Chosen - an ongoing dramatic series on the life of Christ

The Chosen - dramatic series on the life of Christ - free streaming of episodes 1-5 tonight

I didn't get much response though. I've also posted it on Reddit a couple of times, am a small investor, and follow their postings on youtube closely. Word will get out eventually; I don't think this can be kept down.

But you've done a great job here letting it be known how good it is!

They also have a look-forward into season two this coming Thursday:

• Friendly
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

paul1149

Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I know that Thomas is going to join them in Samaria, and there will be some kind of chemistry between him and Matthew, the two left-brain types. Thus far I've found Matthew to be one of the most interesting characters. I'm looking forward to see how Jesus' influence might change his personality.

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,010,441.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I know that Thomas is going to join them in Samaria, and there will be some kind of chemistry between him and Matthew, the two left-brain types. Thus far I've found Matthew to be one of the most interesting characters. I'm looking forward to see how Jesus' influence might change his personality.

Lets hope they keep the same actors for the whole series

Upvote 0

Heavenhome

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
Newstead.Australia
✟407,525.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi everyone, I have come to discuss something about this series that has played on my mind since my first posting and I am interested in your responses.

Firstly let me say I think this is an amazing series, but there are two things niggling at me.

I am not comfortable with the addition of Mary as part of the chosen group, as the Bible says specifically that there were 12 disciples, they are named and no where does it say Mary was one.
The other thing is that I have said on other threads that I don't believe there should be any portrayals of Jesus in art etc as we don't know what He looked like. So when I think of that, well then it would have to go for film as well wouldn't it?
See the thing is, if things are going to be done on the Bible, they should be accurate as possible or else we are adding to it.
If we say not to take it too seriously its just entertainment, well I think the Bible is too important to be entertainment only.
When I first watched it, I thought I'd buy the DVD to watch but I don't want to get into the habit of picturing of the actor as Jesus when I read the Bible.
Now I'm in a dilemma.
Thoughts please.

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,010,441.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I think its very likely that Jesus had women or at the very least Mary in the 'group'. Why not? Doesnt mean she was destined to be an Apostle. You have to remember that women were treated as 2nd rate citizens in those days and just maybe, writers of the scriptures edited them out to suit what was deemed right in those times. I might be wrong.

As for remembering the actor as Jesus then that is all to do with your mind. You dont have to think of that actor. Myself, i tend to think of the shroud. I truly think 'that' is the true image of Jesus.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tigger45

Pray like your life depends on it!
Site Supporter
Aug 24, 2012
E. Eden
✟1,270,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I think its very likely that Jesus had women or at the very least Mary in the 'group'. Why not? Doesnt mean she was destined to be an Apostle. You have to remember that women were treated as 2nd rate citizens in those days and just maybe, writers of the scriptures edited them out to suit what was deemed right in those times. I might be wrong.

As for remembering the actor as Jesus then that is all to do with your mind. You dont have to think of that actor. Myself, i tend to think of the shroud. I truly think 'that' is the true image of Jesus.
Right, during Jesus’ earthly ministry many of His female followers were proved to be very loyal.

Reactions: Lost4words
Upvote 0

Heavenhome

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
Newstead.Australia
✟407,525.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you for your reply.
Because I believe God has preserved His word for us, although I know how women were treated then, Mary wasn't included in the list in the Bible and as Jesus didn't follow convention, I do believe that if she was, we would know.
That is my thought but I respect the right you have for yours :)

Upvote 0

paul1149

Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I am not comfortable with the addition of Mary as part of the chosen group, as the Bible says specifically that there were 12 disciples, they are named and no where does it say Mary was one.
The other thing is that I have said on other threads that I don't believe there should be any portrayals of Jesus in art etc as we don't know what He looked like...
See the thing is, if things are going to be done on the Bible, they should be accurate as possible or else we are adding to it.
If we say not to take it too seriously its just entertainment, well I think the Bible is too important to be entertainment only.

There were women following Jesus. And there were more than 12 men. Early on Jesus was already sending out 70 to the towns ahead of Him. It must have grown to be quite a band. I came at this question from the opposite direction, why is Mary the only woman shown, and I concluded they show only Mary and only the Twelve as representatives of the rest, because it would get too complicated and expensive to show the full complement of disciples.

And many women who followed Jesus from Galilee ministering to Him, were there watching from afar, Mt 27.55
But all His acquaintances, and the women who followed Him from Galilee, stood at a distance, watching these things... And the women also who had come with Him from Galilee followed after, and they observed the tomb and how His body was laid. -Lk 23.49,55
After these things the Lord appointed seventy others also, and sent them two by two before His face into every city and place where He Himself was about to go. -Luke 10:1​

As for depicting Jesus, that is a personal preference, as I see it. It's the old statues in church controversy. Are they aids to worship, or idols? The Muslims by and large do not allow representations of Muhammad for this reason. You'll see his face blurred out in their art.

I don't think this being entertainment is an excuse, either. The series is intended to be more than mere pleasant viewing, I'm sure. It's instructional, it's evangelical, it's devotional.

But if I understand you correctly, the root of the question is whether we have leave to portray things mentioned in Scripture even though we don't "know exactly what [they] looked like". My own perspective is that that is a very rigid standard to adhere to, and one that I don't see any advantage to and that I do see robbing us of some moving and insightful works of art. Just one example: In Episode 5, just as Jesus is preparing to change the water into wine, Thad is recounting to Mary the nature of his trade, stone-cutting. He emphasizes how it is permanent. A blacksmith can redo his work in the fire, but once the cut is made in a stone, it cannot be undone. This is a voiceover overlaid on Jesus praying, "I am ready, Father". He knows that this, His first public miracle, will launch His ministry and irrevocably change His life, leading inexorably to the Cross. Chances are very good that Thad's conversation didn't actually happen, but I found it a wonderful insight into the miracle at Cana. It doesn't conflict with the Bible text, but it does add understanding to it. Should we deprive ourselves of that richness because we are afraid to depart from the strictly literal? If we had to have our knowledge of what went on back then perfect before we represented it to the world, would anything get done? Perhaps I don't have a problem with this because when I pray to Jesus I do not picture Him visually, so interference is not an issue.

The key to The Chosen's philosophy regarding this is given in Ep 4, just before the miracle of the catch of fish. Jesus is preaching to a crowd at lakeside, and tells the parable of the householder:

Then He said to them, "Therefore every scribe which is instructed concerning the kingdom of heaven is like a man who is a householder who brings out of his treasure things new and old." -Matt 13:52​

Those are my thoughts, anyway. Dallas deals with this in a video, because this question has arisen many times before. His guideline as to what is permissible to include is plausibility.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Upvote 0

Heavenhome

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
Newstead.Australia
✟407,525.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you, I know many followed, its just not said in the calling specifically of the twelve.
I take on board all you have said.
My phone needs recharging so I have to go but I do appreciate your reply.

• Friendly
Reactions: paul1149
Upvote 0