Senior Veteran
Oct 31, 2005
✟29,367.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
The World Cannot Find Truth

The world will never get truth, the way the church is supposed to have it. The world, commerce, business, politicians, courts, doctors, all have many deceptions, lies, and prevarications. It is normal for them. They do not even understand the need for unadulterated truth.

John 14:17
"Even the Spirit of Truth, Whom the world cannot receive..."

The world, and much of the church, have perverted TRUTH.
The Bible speaks of this happening within and about the church...

Romans 1:25
"...who changed the truth into a lie..."

Romans 2:8
"unto them that... do not obey the truth..."

Galatians 2:14
"walked not...according to the truth..."

II Thessalonians 2:10
"...because they received not...love of the truth..."

I Timothy 6:5
"...disputings of men... destitute of the truth..."

II Timothy 3:8
"...so do these also resist the truth..."

II Timothy 4:4
"shall turn away ears from the truth..."

Titus 1:14
"fables... of men, that turn from the truth..."​

The spirit of error

1 John 4:6 (KJV)
6 We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

When we speak ‘truth’ that is received from the Spirit of Truth, the message will be heard, accepted, recognized as from God. Those who do not receive it, are recognized as being in deception of the ‘spirit of error.’

The warning in the book of Hebrews is frightening:

Hebrews 10:26-27
"For if we sin willfully, after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, but a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries."

There is a "spirit of error" at work in the world, and definitely within the church of the last days. Most warnings in the Bible of "false prophets" are given to the last day period. This "spirit of error" (I John 4:6) is devastating, and deceiving many within the church.

There needs to be a great repentance of the church for accepting the deceptive doctrines, and false prophecies of this "spirit of error." After the church has repented, the truth will become more known, and the Spirit of Truth will not be so grieved by the false, the lies, the prevarications within Christianity that He is hindered in His revelation of truth.

II Timothy 2:25
"In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth..."

The Spirit of Truth is doing a great work in these last days, and His next emphasis will be to make us more and more aware of the truth. Just as He has given gifts to the church, He is now seeking to give ALL TRUTH to the church.

If we repent of the falsity of the church, if we seek to abandon hypocrisy in all its forms, if we agree to not be blatant with our revelations of truth in opposing lies, liars, hypocrites, and false prophets, the Spirit of Truth will begin to reveal much to you.

How we handle such truth will determine if we grieve the Spirit of Truth and cease to receive such revelations. Notice that the Bible says "in meekness" (II Tim. 2:25) we are to instruct. We must sometimes "swallow hard", and act as though we do not know the Truth. We must often allow the liars to go unscolded, unhindered in their work, allowing the Spirit to do His work, His way!

The Holy Spirit will reveal truth, and cause a separation between the hypocrites, liars, and false prophets. He will cleanse the church of them by the harvest of tares (Matthew 13), and He will have this church which has received the truth proceed to the double portion of the latter rain revival, and be truly ready for the rapture of the church.

Many years ago, the Spirit of Truth tried to "bless" me with this gift in a fullness that scared me. When someone spoke a lie, I would sense the Spirit of Truth telling me that it was a lie. I was instructed by the Spirit to not show that I knew it was a lie (usually). I had to be "meek" and suffer the pain of the knowledge. It hurt so much to know every lie, that I finally asked God to only tell me such if I really needed to know - otherwise to allow me to be lied to - unawares. The Lord did grant my request, and only at times has the Spirit informed me of lies and liars.

Recently, I have been taught of the Spirit of Truth, that I have hindered His work in my life by that partial rejection of His gift. I am now being shown the importance that "truth-awareness" in the ministry of the gospel.

The Spirit of Truth revealed to Peter when Ananias and Sapphira brought their gifts to the church and lied.

Jesus knew when the woman at the well was being partially deceptive with Him.

Jesus was aware of the source of Peter's words when He told Peter, 'Get thee behind me, Satan...'

Jesus spoke angrily to the Pharisees and scribes (calling them vipers and serpents) when they deceptively tried to trick Jesus with their questions.

The Spirit of Truth wants Christians today to know the truth, live the truth, and recognize the deceitful, hypocritical, false prevarications in the church today.

The Spirit of Truth is restoring the fullness of this gift to many in these last days. He wants to eliminate the false doctrines, the self-deception, the hypocrisy, and expose the hidden tares of the last day revival period. The "tares" have grown amidst the wheat unnoticed for many centuries. Now as the wheat nears its harvest in the rapture, the wheat is turning "white", and the tares are turning "black." This is indicative of the revelation of truth, and the revelation of who are the tares...

Matthew 13:26
"But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also..."

For a number of years, the Holy Spirit has been showing me congregation, after congregation, revealing truth, or its lack, within each. The lies, hypocrisy, deception, false doctrines, apostasy, hidden within was exposed to me in various ways by the Spirit of Truth.

The Spirit of Truths’ Method To Change Errant Churches

The Spirit of Truth has shown and taught me much during the last few years. Now that I am more fully understand His message, and the shockingly sinful state of many congregations, I am being shown some of the Spirit's methods of changing the horrible sins.

An increased revelation of truth will be given to all saints who desire it.

I Corinthians 14:1
"...desire spiritual gifts..."

This gift will then remain with those who do not grieve the Spirit of Truth by misusing the gift.

Ephesians 4:25-32
"Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbor; for we are all members one of another. Be ye angry and sin not... Neither give place to the devil... Let no corrupt communication proceed from your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. And grieve not the Holy Spirit of God... Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamor, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice. And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you..."

If we follow those instructions, we will not grieve the Spirit of Truth... and the gift will remain, and do a work the church so desperately needs. The Spirit of Truth desires us to know "all truth" in these last days... A double portion of truth is upon us.

Upvote 0

murjahel

Senior Veteran
Oct 31, 2005
✟29,367.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
DEFENSIVE ARMOR

We receive bestowments from the ‘gift’ of the Lord, i.e. the Holy Spirit. There is a command to accept ‘armor’ from God. We have no option, if we want to win these battles.

Ephesians 6:13
"WHEREFORE TAKE UNTO YOU THE WHOLE ARMOR OF GOD..."

Our armor needs to make us able to withstand the attack of the DEVILS AND EVIL SPIRITS.

Ephesians 6:13
"...THAT YE MAY BE ABLE TO WITHSTAND IN THE EVIL DAY..."

What are we to do?

In verse 11, it tells us to "PUT ON" this armor. This verb is "enduo", which means "to be clothed." It is in the passive voice, which means we just let, i.e. allow, God to give us the armor. Our part is to just receive it, God has made an offer of it. We don't earn, or work to get it. In verse 13, we are told to "TAKE UNTO YOU". This also indicates that we need only to receive it, hold to it, not refuse it, keep it. The armor must simply be accepted.

The armor is complete.

When we have the armor of God, we need nothing more. We are told it is the "WHOLE ARMOR" (Ephesians 6:11, 13). The word in the Greek is -"panoplian". It comes from two words - "pas" = "all", and "hoplon" = "weapon." Among the Greeks, the word "panoplia" referred to the complete equipment that was used by a heavily armed infantry. So, when we accept the armor of God, we are completely armed for the battle that we fight.

The wiles of the devil

Ephesians 6:11
"PUT ON (enduo) THE WHOLE ARMOR (panoplia) OF GOD THAT YE MAY BE ABLE TO STAND AGAINST (stanai) THE WILES (methodias) OF THE DEVIL."

Our goal is to be able to "STAND" against the devil. This word means "to stand firm, unshaken, established, and steadfast." We must not be shaken, unsteady, and defeated by our enemy, the devil. He has his "WILES". This word means "craft, deceit, a cunning device, tricks, and schemes." Many are ignorant of the devil's wiles. Many are defeated because they are not armed properly, and have no idea what tricks the devil is trying.

In II Corinthians 2:11, we are told that we are "NOT IGNORANT OF HIS DEVICES..." This is a different word than "methodias" that was used for "WILES". We don't always know all the devil's "WILES", but we do know his "DEVICES." This word is "noema", which means "thoughts, purposes, and designs." We do know the devil's purpose toward us. He wants to destroy us, get us to backslide, turn us against God, create disharmony between the saints. We know that, but we don't know the particular details of his plan to achieve his purpose. Some Christians even forget the "DEVICES" of the devil. Some think that the devil has forgotten them. They seem to think that if they don't bother him, he won't bother them. When one gets into the battle, it doesn't take long to learn that the devil has purposed to destroy us. When Christians get to that realization, they need to then start to learn the "WILES" of the enemy.

SOME OF THE VARIOUS WILES OF THE DEVIL

1. FEAR

II Timothy 1:7
"...FOR GOD HATH NOT GIVEN US A SPIRIT OF FEAR, BUT OF POWER, AND OF LOVE, AND OF A SOUND MIND."

Some magnify the devil's power, and talk defeat, discouragement, and doubt. One of the devils main tricks is to get us afraid to fight him, to give up. Peter told us that we are to "RESIST" the enemy. So we can "resist".

"YOUR ADVERSARY THE DEVIL, AS A ROARING LION, WALKETH ABOUT, SEEKING WHOM HE MAY DEVOUR, WHOM RESIST STEADFAST IN THE FAITH."

2. FALSE DOCTRINES AND FALSE MIRACLES

We are commanded to prove, and to test all things to see if it is God or the devil at work. (I Corinthians 2:12-16, Philippians 1:9-10, I Thessalonians 5:21-22, I John 4:1-6)

The last days are to have many false prophets, and lying signs and wonders. don't follow every miracle worker. Test and try them and their doctrines by the Word of God.

3. OVERCONFIDENCE, APATHY

Some think the devil has given up on them. The devil hasn't given up. He never gave up on our perfect Savior, let alone us. He's too stupid to give up. He will someday even invade heaven, after the rapture to try once again to destroy us (Revelation 12). He is just too stupid to give up.

"LET HIM THAT THINKETH HE STANDETH, TAKE HEED LEST HE FALL."

If a Christian is tricked by the devil into thinking that they have reached a place of sanctification, or strength, that they can easily defeat the devil now, and that nothing he can do can trick them anymore... beware! The devil often tries to get Christians to become overconfident.

4. DESTRUCTION OF A BELIEVER'S TESTIMONY

The devil will use many tricks to try to destroy all the influence that a Christian has built. A co-worker, or family member can be disillusioned by a failure, or momentary lapse of a Christian's proper example. Sometimes the devil brings a Christian to a seemingly unique position, and tempts them to think that a momentary lapse is innocent enough. The devil knows that there are many eyes watching. Many families have been shipwrecked by the idea that a testimony can be put down, and picked up at will.

5. SUICIDE

Everyone seems to think that they are the only Christian that has ever been tempted to commit suicide. The very topic heading probably shocked some. The devil likes to get us into seemingly hopeless situations and then quietly suggest suicide as the solution. No ! You are not the only one who has had such a thought. Probably all Christians have had the ideas of suicide put into their mind by our enemy. We need to recognize its source, and rebuke the devil and his suggestion.

6. LUKEWARMNESS

The devil tries to get us into a lukewarm state and keep us there. None of us stay on the mountain top always. There are valleys, and low places. We dread them. Yet, sometimes when we are not in the valley, or in a great battle, we become satisfied with a plain of lukewarmness. Some Christians have lived on that plain for years. If the devil can get them to believe that its better to be lukewarm constantly, than to have the ups and downs of battling the devil. Lukewarmness will bring us to a place of making our Lord sick of us. We must beware of such a state.

7. FEELING THEY ARE MISSING THINGS

Many are tricked into the thought that they miss so much if they serve God. The devil started using that trick with Adam and Eve. He is still using it, and is too often successful with it. In reality, when we serve God, we miss shame, guilt, sin, hell and loss of the presence of God.

8. MAKING SIN SEEM NON-SINFUL

If the devil can get us to rename sin to names that seem innocent, he can get us to dabble with them. He has tried for millennia to rename sin. “Adultery" becomes "an affair" or "making love". "Homosexuality" becomes "gay". "Murder" becomes "choice". "Judgmentalism" becomes "defending the faith". The list could go on and on.

9. PRIORITY SWITCHING

If the devil can't get us to give up God and church, he tries to get us to bring in other priorities to replace God as number one. Camping, bowling leagues, golf tournaments, sporting events, family reunions, the second job, can all seem innocent at first. Soon the devil has gotten many to put those as priorities above God. Work, pleasures, and other responsibilities that we engage, need to be closely watched. They may not be wrong in themselves, but if they replace God as first in our lives, they are sins.

10. KEEPING UP WITH THE TIMES

The devil would like to get Christians to lower their Biblical standards to something closer to the world's. His excuse it usually "to keep with the times." Major denominations lately have been debating the idea of accepting homosexuality as acceptable, allowing on to freely choose to murder the unborn, etc. The Bible and God have not changed. Sin is still sin. The days do not change God's mind on what is sin. What was damning in Jesus' day, is still damning today.

11. MANY OTHER TRICKS:

THOUGHT BOMBARDMENT
DOUBT
GOSSIP
ANXIETY
BITTERNESS
UNFORGIVENESS
ANGER
SORROW
GUILT

The Bible describes these tricks of the devil as "FIERY DARTS" (Ephesians 6:16). This is the Greek word "belos", which referred to "combustible arrowheads" that armies used. These arrowheads burst into flames as they hit the target. The pain to a person that is hit, could be excruciating. If it missed the target, the fire could destroy property of the target. The "WILES" of the devil are dangerous. We need to beware of his tricks.

Many let the devil take his shots at them, and never fight back. No wonder some drift away, or stagger into church defeated. We must learn to be victorious Christians. Quit allowing the devil to fill your mind with his "FIERY DARTS". Remember the four levels of evil spirits that we fight. There is no reason to sit back and relax, we are in a real battle. The Lord doesn't want "foxhole" Christians. He doesn't want us on the "home front" yet. Get back on the battlefield in full armor. Don't let the devil win by "default."

"NEITHER GIVE PLACE TO THE DEVIL."

Romans 8:31
"IF GOD BE FOR US, WHO CAN BE AGAINST US?"

Romans 8:37
"NAY, IN ALL THESE THINGS, WE ARE MORE THAN CONQUERORS THROUGH HIM WHO LOVED US."

We need to have a good defense.

TWO KINDS OF ARMOR

1. DEFENSIVE ARMOR
HELMET
GIRDLE
BREASTPLATE
BOOTS/SHOES
SHIELD

2. OFFENSIVE ARMOR
SWORD
PRAYER

DEFENSIVE ARMOR

1. HELMET OF SALVATION

The word for "helmet" is from the Greek "perikephalaia". It comes from two Greek words:
peri = around
kephale = head
It was an armored headpiece to protect the head from attack.

In I Thessalonians 5:8, it says:
"PUT ON...FOR A HELMET, THE HOPE OF SALVATION..."

The "hope" of our salvation is the return of our Savior. So this helmet refers to the hope of the Lord's return, when we will receive our eternal reward. It is this hope of His coming that gives us the mental fortitude to battle evil. Knowing that we are saved, and that God has a heavenly home for us, will help us in the fight. The fact that we are saved also reminds of the hedge of protection that God puts around us.

2. BREASTPLATE OF RIGHTEOUSNESS

The word "breastplate" comes from the Greek word "thoraz". It was a two-part breast cover that protected the body on both sides from the neck to the waist. The breastplate protects the vital organs from attack. Satan attacks our life, and past. He reminds us of all our sins. What protects us is not our righteousness, no, it is the righteousness of Jesus. Our righteousness is as "filthy rags." So, while the devil is trying to attack you, and your life... remind him that the righteousness of Jesus is your defense.

Isaiah 54:17
"NO WEAPON FORMED AGAINST YOU SHALL PROSPER, AND EVERY TONGUE THAT SHALL RAISE UP AGAINST YOU, THOU SHALT CONDEMN. THIS IS THE HERITAGE OF THE SERVANTS OF THE LORD, AND THEIR RIGHTEOUSNESS IS OF ME."

3. GIRDLE OF TRUTH

The word "girdle" is from the Greek word -"zoma". It was a belt that held the garments close to the body so that it would be easier to move about. The loose fitting garments would otherwise hinder the movement of the soldier. This belt was often hollow, or folded so that it could also serve as a purse.

The fact that we have the truth, and can trust what God has revealed in us, gives us ability to fight better. In this belt of truth, we carry our sword, food, water pouch, etc. All the staples of life are bound up in the fact that we know with certainty that we have the truth.

4. BRAZEN BOOTS

This is the Greek word - "knemides". It referred to the cover for the front of the leg. This front cover that was tied to the leg and often to the leather sandals, protected the lower legs, and feet from the stones, brush, etc. that were in the battlefield. It is the "preparation of the gospel of peace..." that protects us from the rough times and things we meet in life. Whenever a trial comes unexpectedly to us, we need to have studied the Word of God, so the peace that the Scripture gives us can flood immediately to our minds, when the trial strikes. The Word of God produces peace.

Psalms 119:165
"GREAT PEACE HAVE THEY WHICH LOVE THY LAW, AND NOTHING SHALL OFFEND THEM."

5. SHIELD OF FAITH

The word for "shield" is "thureos." It referred to the Roman shield that was 2 foot by 4 foot. These shields were usually made of wood that was covered with a metal cover. They were heavy and bulky, but the soldiers moved slowly ahead with them, safe from the attacks of the fiery arrows of the enemy. These shields were often used by gathering a group of soldiers about in a circle. When the shield were held in front of them, it made a hedge like protection. Several other soldiers in the center of the circle could

These bestowments of defensive weapons are vital to our survival in this enemy territory. God has miraculously offered them. Too many think their ‘goodness’, their piety, their holiness, will enable them to be un-attack-able. That is a trick of the devil to get us to think we can do without the ‘shield, helmet, etc.’ We need the armor God has provided for us.

Upvote 0

murjahel

Senior Veteran
Oct 31, 2005
✟29,367.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
OFFENSIVE ARMOR FOR THE PENTECOSTAL PREACHER....

We are not here to run from, to hide from, or to ignore the devil and his cohorts. This is the Lord’s earth, we are to be in His kingdom. We are not able to take this world, its buildings, its wealth, by ourselves, but await to come back in His army to do so, after our seven year stay in heaven.

Till then, we fight the spiritual war. We are to win souls out of the devils’ family, and to bring them into God’s family. We call this soul winning, and the devil hates it. He fights us with all he has. We have the defensive armor as previously mentioned, but we are going to knock down spiritual strongholds with offensive weapons.

Ephesians 6:11-13, 17-18
"PUT ON THE WHOLE ARMOR OF GOD, THAT YE MAY BE ABLE TO STAND AGAINST THE WILES OF THE DEVIL. FOR WE WRESTLE NOT AGAINST FLESH AND BLOOD, BUT AGAINST PRINCIPALITIES, AGAINST POWERS, AGAINST THE RULERS OF THE DARKNESS OF THIS WORLD, AGAINST SPIRITUAL WICKEDNESS IN HIGH PLACES. WHEREFORE TAKE UNTO YOU THE WHOLE ARMOR OF GOD, THAT YE MAY BE ABLE TO WITHSTAND IN THE EVIL DAY, AND HAVING DONE ALL, TO STAND...AND TAKE...THE SWORD OF THE SPIRIT, WHICH IS THE WORD OF GOD. PRAYING ALWAYS WITH ALL PRAYER AND SUPPLICATION IN THE SPIRIT, AND WATCHING THEREUNTO WITH ALL PERSEVERANCE AND SUPPLICATION FOR ALL SAINTS."

We are not to be "foxhole Christians." We are to attack the devil and his strongholds. God did not put us here on earth to suffer, die, and hope our defensive armor protects us till the rapture. We are supposed to be offensively minded toward the devil, and to tread on him and defeat his plans.

"AS THE FATHER HAS SENT ME, SO SEND I YOU..."

Jesus did not come to take the throne, to buy the shopping center, to open a bank. He did not come to rule the physical world, and neither are we called to do such. We are called to win souls to Jesus. We are not here to be defeated in that work either. We are called ‘as the Father sent’ Jesus, so He is sending us.

Did Jesus come to be beaten by the devil? No! He healed the sick, preached the Word, raised the dead, cast out devils, etc. In the same way, we are to attack the devil, demons, and the destructive work they are doing in this world.

Our weapons include, THE SWORD OF THE SPIRIT

The "sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God," refers to the "machaira" of the Roman times. It was not a sword as we usually think. We think of a sword as one that one of the three musketeers would have used. This sword though was a short sword, a dagger, or like one of our knives. It was used in close combat.

God did not offer us a spear, to throw at the enemy 20 yards away. Nor did He offer us a bow and arrow, to shoot at the enemy on a hillside away from us. No! He gave us a short dagger, that we must march right up to the enemy and bravely use. We are to come face to face with the enemy. Not hiding in a foxhole, occasionally rising up to hurl a spear and then duck into safety again. We are to get into the battlefield, bravely confront the devil and his plans, and use the short dagger that the Lord has given us, i.e. the Word of God.

A sword is an offensive weapon. It is used to destroy the enemy, and bring him to surrender. Fighting with a sword is difficult and dangerous. It takes much practice. Yet, in spiritual sword fighting, many Christians are novices. Many have never attacked the enemy. Many don't know how to use the "sword. Many carry a sword they have seldom used. This is not how the Lord planned our attack.

What is this "sword?"

Ephesians 6:17
"...SWORD OF THE SPIRIT, WHICH IS THE WORD OF GOD..."

The "WORD" referred to here is the Greek word "rhema" and not the word "logos" that many have assumed it to be. Rhema denotes an utterance of God. Logos denotes the Word of God, i.e. the Bible. Rhema is the speaking of God through us, perhaps using God's Word, or by prophecy, by word of knowledge, or by inspiration.

Romans 10:8,17
"BUT WHAT SAITH IT? 'THE WORD (rhema) IS NIGH THEE, EVEN IN THY MOUTH, AND IN THY HEART, THAT IS THE WORD (rhema) OF FAITH, WHICH WE PREACH... SO THAT FAITH COMETH BY HEARING, AND HEARING BY THE WORD (rhema) OF GOD."

Faith is built up in us by the speaking forth of the rhema of God. The "gift of faith" from the Holy Spirit is often misunderstood. It is the imparting of faith by our words from God. Just as one with the gift of miracles imparts a miracle from God to another as he or she speaks, so the gift of faith is a similar imparting by us speaking forth a rhema from God.

II Corinthians 13:1
"IN THE MOUTH OF 2 OR 3 WITNESSES, SHALL EVERY WORD (rhema) BE ESTABLISHED."

Whenever one speaks forth rhema, the hearer has the right, even obligation, to ask God for one or two more confirmations that the rhema spoken was truly from God.

I Peter 1:25
"BUT THE WORD (rhema) OF THE LORD ENDURETH FOREVER, AND THIS IS THE WORD (rhema) BY WHICH THE GOSPEL IS PREACHED UNTO YOU."

II Peter 3:2
"THAT YE MAY BE MINDFUL OF THE WORDS (rhema) WHICH WEE SPOKEN BEFORE BY THE HOLY PROPHETS..."

Jude 17
"BUT BELOVED, REMEMBER YE THE WORDS (rhema) WHICH WERE SPOKEN BEFORE OF THE APOSTLES OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST..."

Whenever the word rhema is used, it refers to the words spoken under the authority of God. We have been given the right by our Lord to speak the words of God through our lips. We need to learn how to use this rhema of God properly. It is our "SWORD" of offensive power against the devil.

Matthew 16:19-20
"AND I SAY UNTO YOU - THAT THOU ART PETER, AND UPON THIS ROCK I WILL BUILD MY CHURCH; AND THE GATES OF HELL SHALL NOT PREVAIL AGAINST IT. AND I WILL GIVE UNTO THEE THE KEYS OF THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN; AND WHATSOEVER THOU SHALT BIND ON EARTH SHALL BE BOUND IN HEAVEN, AND WHATSOEVER THOU SHALT LOOSE IN EARTH SHALL BE LOOSED IN HEAVEN..."

The "keys" are symbols of authority. We speak with authority. This same power is promised to all Christians.

Matthew 17:20
"IF YE HAVE FAITH AS A GRAIN OF MUSTARD SEED, YE SHALL SAY TO THIS MOUNTAIN, 'REMOVE HENCE TO YONDER PLACE, AND IT SHALL REMOVE, AND NOTHING SHALL BE IMPOSSIBLE TO YOU.'"

Matthew 18:18
"VERILY, I SAY UNTO YOU, WHATSOEVER YE SHALL BIND ON EARTH SHALL BE BOUND IN HEAVEN AND WHATSOEVER YE SHALL LOOSE ON EARTH SHALL BE LOOSED IN HEAVEN."

Matthew 21:22
"ALL THINGS WHATSOEVER YE SHALL ASK IN PRAYER, BELIEVING YE SHALL RECEIVE."

John 15:7
"IF YE ABIDE IN ME AND MY WORDS ABIDE IN YOU, YE SHALL ASK WHAT YE WILL AND IT SHALL BE DONE UNTO YOU."

Thus, the Christians are promised to have the authority and right to speak the rhema. We are offered the armor of God. We are to use the "sword" which is the "rhema" of God.

With this rhema sword we can:

Bind Satan and his angels in chains (Revelation 9:14, 20:2)
Bind men by God's power (Matthew 16:19, 18:8)
Loose infirmities (Luke 13:12-16, Mark 7:35)
Loose men from chains and prisons (Acts 16:26, 22:30,24:6)
Loose men from sin (Revelation 1:5, I John 1:9)
Loose men from bonds of death (Acts 2:24)
Loose from deafness and dumbness (Mark 7:32-35)
Loose from blindness (Matthew 9:27-31)
Loose from leprosy (Matthew 8:1-4)
etc.

There are many examples of this rhema power of God in operation.

Elijah - the woman with the cruse of oil and handful of meal

Elijah - woman who filled many jars with one small vessel of oil

Elijah - shut up rain for over 3 years

Elisha - shut up rain for 7 years

Christ - calmed the sea

Christ - walked on water and bid Peter to come to Him

Christ - fed the 4000, and the 5000 +

The laws of nature can be bound and loosed by the rhema of God. We have this authority and power when God gives us the words to speak.

Luke 10:19
"BEHOLD, I GIVE UNTO YOU POWER (exousia, authority) TO TREAD ON SERPENTS AND SCORPIONS (demon powers) AND OVER ALL THE POWER OF THE ENEMY, AND NOTHING SHALL BY ANY MEANS HURT YOU."

James 4:7
"RESIST THE DEVIL, AND HE'LL FLEE FROM YOU."

Psalms 91:13
"THOU SHALT TREAD UPON THE LION AND ADDER, THE YOUNG LION AND THE DRAGON SHALT THOU TRAMPLE UNDER FEET."

Don't be afraid to expect and to use rhema. Go to situations where rhema is needed. Go to where the devil needs bound, or where blessings need loosed. Then expect God to give you the words to speak. The rhema can be spoken, and it will be as though God spoke the words Himself.

In order to properly use rhema, prayer is vital. Could Elijah had spoken rhema to cause fire to fall from heaven without first praying? Too many want to speak rhema without communication with headquarters to know what God wants spoken. Imagine a soldier in the battlefield not checking with headquarters to see if he should attack or retreat. No! First he checks with headquarters, and then he knows what he should do. In the same way, we should learn to commune with God, so that we know what His will is for us to speak.

Soldiers in the Lord's army must keep in touch with the Commander. We're the gun that will fire, but He will give us the bullets. To run off to battle without prayer and communion with God, is like running into battle with an empty gun. many Christians do that.

Intercession is vital. We need to stay sensitive to the Spirit. To be ready to battle the devil, and to be able to loose God's power on people and situations, we need an intercessory nature. This is a definite must. Intercede daily for leaders, government, family, enemies, unsaved, sick, etc. Then you are tuned in for God to give you the rhema to speak.

To try to do rhema without being an intercessor is common, but is also why the church too often has many revival services with no signs and wonders. Too many have the gospel, with no power. Keep in touch with God. Let the Spirit put burdens upon you. Carry those burdens to God in prayer daily. Some will be answered through prayer. Some will be answered by God giving you the rhema to speak. You will see the enemy bound, and the blessing loosed. Then you will have learned how to use the "SWORD OF THE SPIRIT."

There is one more weapon we are to use against the evil spirit forces, we will continue with it. Stay tuned.

Upvote 0

murjahel

Senior Veteran
Oct 31, 2005
✟29,367.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
THE OFFENSIVE
WEAPON OF PRAYER

Ephesians 6:10-18 (KJV)
10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

The sword of the Spirit, i.e. the rhema Word of God, is one of our weapons. The other one is ‘prayer’. Prayer is not just a desperate cry for help, it is an offensive weapon with which we may destroy the enemy.

In order to properly use rhema, prayer is vital. Could Elijah had spoken rhema to cause fire to fall from heaven without first praying? Too many want to speak rhema without communication with headquarters to know what God wants spoken. Imagine a soldier in the battlefield not checking with headquarters to see if he should attack or retreat. No! First he checks with headquarters, and then he knows what he should do. In the same way, we should learn to commune with God, so that we know what His will is for us to speak.

Soldiers in the Lord's army must keep in touch with the Commander. We're the gun that will fire, but He will give us the bullets. To run off to battle without prayer and communion with God, is like running into battle with an empty gun. many Christians do that.

Intercession is vital. We need to stay sensitive to the Spirit. To be ready to battle the devil, and to be able to loose God's power on people and situations, we need an intercessory nature. This is a definite must. Intercede daily for leaders, government, family, enemies, unsaved, sick, etc. Then you are tuned in for God to give you the rhema to speak.

To try to do rhema without being an intercessor is common, but is also why the church too often has many revival services with no signs and wonders. Too many have the gospel, with no power. Keep in touch with God. Let the Spirit put burdens upon you. Carry those burdens to God in prayer daily. Some will be answered through prayer. Some will be answered by God giving you the rhema to speak. You will see the enemy bound, and the blessing loosed. Then you will have learned how to use the "SWORD OF THE SPIRIT."

PRAYER IS A POWERFUL WEAPON.

James 5:17-18
"ELIJAH WAS A MAN SUBJECT TO LIKE PASSIONS AS WE ARE, AND HE PRAYED EARNESTLY THAT IT RAIN NOT, AND IT DIDN'T FOR 3 1/2 YEARS. HE PRAYED AGAIN, AND IT RAINED, AND THE EARTH GAVE FORTH ITS CROPS."

James (who wrote the above verse) had more to say on the subject of prayer than any other New Testament epistle. The book of James is drenched with the doctrine of prayer. James was nicknamed by the early church -- "CAMEL KNEES", they called him. His knees were so calloused from his incessant praying, that they appeared similar to the knees of camels. When God wants to teach us something, He uses a practitioner -not a theorist.

Who motivated James to such a prayer life? Who was James' example? James 5:17 shows us that Elijah was one of his examples. This man that James tells us was a man with the same feelings as we have. James did not see Elijah as a mighty prophet, who was so spiritual that we could never attain such stature with God. Elijah was a person like you and I. He had problems, perplexities, fears, doubts, frustrations, but he prayed. What made him different was that he prayed. If Elijah, who was like you and I, could have a rich prayer life -- so can we.

I Kings 18:41-42
"AND ELIJAH SAID UNTO AHAB, GET THEE UP, EAT AND DRINK; FOR THERE IS A SOUND OF ABUNDANCE OF RAIN. SO AHAB WENT UP TO EAT AND TO DRINK...ELIJAH WENT UP TO THE TOP OF CARMEL, AND HE CAST HIMSELF DOWN UPON THE EARTH, AND PUT HIS FACE BETWEEN HIS KNEES."

Why was Elijah so earnest? Elijah had been told by God that He would send rain (I Kings 18:1). If God had promised rain, why was Elijah so earnest? Elijah knew that prayer is the action that translates God's promises into performance.

Elijah prayed "earnestly." Earnestly is not the recitation of a model prayer. It is not reciting the Lord's prayer. It is not saying the rosary. It is truly praying, meaning every word, thinking every word. Many don't do that.

Too many Christians have so learned the Christian jargon, and cliches' of Christian talk that their prayers may sound fine, but come from the mind, not the heart.

Isn't it refreshing to hear the prayer of a new convert? It is simple, honest, and somehow they seem to get answers to their prayers. This is because their prayers are from their hearts, not a memorized, form prayer that is not even thought as one prays. God delights in the simple, heart-felt prayers of new Christians. He is not looking for the flowery, well-phrased cliches', and wordiness, as many Christians.

In I Kings 18:43, the servant reports back to Elijah that "THERE IS NOTHING..." Often, when we pray, it is hard to see an answer coming. The outlook is so dark. Yet, Elijah did not give up. He continued to pray earnestly. Time after time, he sent the servant up the hill to see if any cloud were on the horizon. Finally, on the seventh time, (vs. 44) "THERE ARISES A LITTLE CLOUD..." This was just a little sign. It wasn't much.

"THERE WAS GREAT RAIN..." (vs. 45) Elijah had expected rain, and it came. If we expect little when we pray, we get little. Some expect nothing, and get it. Elijah expected a great rain, and he received it.

In Acts 12, they interceded for Peter who was in jail.

Acts 12:5
"PETER WAS KEPT IN PRISON, BUT PRAYER WAS MADE WITHOUT CEASING FOR HIM BY THE CHURCH UNTO GOD."

God answered their prayer. They had prayed for him to be delivered, and he was. When he arrived at the home where they were praying, a girl name Rhoda answered the door. "IT'S PETER!!!" (vs. 13-14) she exclaimed. Did the people get excited? No, they did not expect Peter. He's in prison. Peter kept knocking. He probably knocked louder (if I know Peter). Finally, they came and "WERE ASTONISHED" (vs. 16). Perhaps, a more literal translation would have said --"They were dumbfounded." They expected an answer to prayer about as much as many do today. God in His mercy, had answered. Usually, God will wait till we expect Him to answer. Yet, sometimes for new Christians, He will answer even the prayers that are without faith.

Elijah had expected rain. We should strive to be like him. We easily forget how God has answered our prayers before, and we are probably now praying for things that we don't expect.

We need to realize that there is power in prayer. God hears, God wants to help. The problem is not in powerless prayers, but in faithless prayers, which do not anticipate an answer to be coming.

Sometimes, it is dangerous to pray. Elijah had prayed earlier that it rain not. Some time later, while sitting by a brook that was drying up, he probably wondered if he should have prayed that prayer.

Jesus told the disciples:

Matthew 9:37-38
"FIELDS ARE WHITE UNTO HARVEST, PRAY THAT THE LORD SEND LABORERS INTO THE HARVEST..."

They did pray that prayer. Jesus answered their prayers - He said:
"GO YE INTO ALL THE WORLD..." They were the chosen answer to their own prayers.

You may pray for a loved one to be saved. God may send you to be the witness. You may pray for the church to prosper, and God may ask you to supply part of the answer. You may ask God to help you grow spiritually, and He may send you a great trial to purify you. It can seem dangerous to pray, especially when God answers your prayers.

Some have ceased to ask God for specific things in prayer. Sometimes, this is because the answers can bring consternation, and dangerous surprises.

IT IS NOT THAT PRAYER IS WEAK, RATHER, SOME ARE PRAYING AMISS.

James also said in his epistle:

James 4:2-3
"YE HAVE NOT BECAUSE YE ASK NOT, YE ASK AND YE RECEIVE NOT, BECAUSE YE ASK AMISS."

There are many ways to "ASK AMISS." Sometimes, it is because we ask without earnestness, and without expectation. For some, their prayer lives has bombed out. Some have stopped praying, or lessened their prayers because of lack of results. Some have stopped praying, because God sent the answer in unexpected ways. Some ask for things in greed, and in lust for power or prestige. Some ask for things in a way that lacks love.

Elijah set the pattern that we are to follow.

Get earnest, like Elijah. Don't worry about fluency, or beauty in your prayers. Get earnest in your prayer, pray for things that you truly want. If you don't truly want things that are the will of God, get on your knees and repent till you do.

Then expect the answers to your prayers. Take your eyes off the problem, and look for the answer to your problem. Elijah didn't look at the dry soil, the withered trees, etc. NO ! He kept sending his servant to the hilltop to look for the cloud of rain.

ARE WE TOO BUSY TO UTILIZE THIS WEAPON?

Are you too busy to pray? On one of the busiest days of Jesus' life, He began it with prayer.

Mark 1:35
"IN THE MORNING, RISING UP A GREAT WHILE BEFORE DAY, HE WENT OUT AND WENT TO A LONELY PLACE, AND THERE PRAYED."

Jesus, on this day, was sought by many. He cast out devils, He healed lepers, He healed the sick, He taught for a long time, He finally became so tired that He had to seek a deserted place to rest. He was a busy person, but not too busy to pray. First, on His priority list, was prayer. IF we want to do the works of Christ, as we were told to do, we too must put prayer on the top of our priority list. Don't neglect the good works, but pray first.

Luke 18:1
...men ought always to pray..."

Ephesians 6:18
"Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit..."

Colossians 4:2
"Continue in prayer..."

I Thessalonians 5:17
"Pray without ceasing."

I Timothy 2:8
"I will therefore that men pray everywhere..."

Psalms 113:3
"From the rising of the sun, unto the going down of the same, the Lord's name is to be praised."

Psalms 119:164
"Seven times a day do I praise Thee because of thy righteous judgments."

Upvote 0

murjahel

Senior Veteran
Oct 31, 2005
✟29,367.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
SOME KNEW HOW TO USE THE WEAPON OF PRAYER.

Moses was a INCESSANT PRAYERAHOLIC.

Deuteronomy 9:25
"Thus I fell down before the Lord 40 days and 40 nights... because the Lord had said He would destroy you..."

Samuel was a PRAYERAHOLIC.

I Samuel 12:23
"As for me, God forbid that I should sin against the Lord in ceasing to pray for you."

Anna was an PRAYERAHOLIC.

Luke 2:37
"She was a widow of about four score and four years, which departed not from the temple, but served God with fastings and prayers night and day..."

We need to learn to use the weapon of prayer in this battlefield. The Lord definitely wants PRAYERAHOLICS.

I Peter 4:7
"The end of all things is at hand; be ye therefore sober, and watch unto prayer."

PRAYERAHOLICS will not get stuck on one type of prayer. The true prayeraholic will not just give requests. There will also be supplications, praise, thanks, and intercession. As an alcoholic will not just drink one kind of liquor, but will drink whatever is available. True prayeraholics will pray, supplicate, intercede, praise, give thanks, just to keep communing with the Almighty God.

The devil hates this weapon of prayer. It can be used in prison, in a sick bed, while traveling, during a sleepless night, in worship services, at work. The devil hates this flexible praying plan of the Lord. We are never out of touch with our Commander-in-chief. We can summon the power of God wherever we are. The devil hates this weapon, but he also fears this weapon.

There are ways we can increase the effectiveness of our prayers.

PRAYER TEAMS

Prayer warriors and intercessors are too much alone. Much of the work of intercessory prayer is private between God and you. There are times when we need a helper.

Matthew 18:19
"If two of you agree on earth as touching anything that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of My Father Which is in heaven."

Sometimes Jesus would go to be alone and pray. But sometimes, He would ask for others to accompany and pray with Him. We are to be bound together as believers, and we should sometimes seek to be part of a prayer team.

Ecclesiastes 4:9-12
"Two are better than one because they have a good return for their labor." For if either of them falls, the one will lift up his companion. But woe to the one who falls when there is not another to lift him up. Furthermore, if two lie down together, they keep warm, but how can one be warm alone? And if one can overpower him who is alone, two can resist him. A cord of three strands is not quickly torn apart."

We do need each other. Individuals cannot function effectively without deep links to each other. Isolation brings unhealthy and unhappy results. Total isolation is virtually always intolerable.

Many Christians do not get into prayerful relationships with friends or even family. This is sad, and unfortunate. The devil encourages this isolation trap.

The Bible emphasizes the word "koinonia" which means "fellowship." This conveys the idea of sharing, having something in common with another, entering into another's life, assisting another." We must learn to take off our masks of "perfection", "superiority", and "spiritual maturity", and learn to humble ourselves and admit our vulnerability and our need of fellowship.

To be an effective prayer warrior, we need to be able to feel another's hurt to become effective instruments of prayer. To live a life of isolation will make us unable to empathize and effectively intercede.

As you enter into the ministry of being a prayer warrior, you will find that your love has been growing, your sensitivity to the hurts and problems of others is growing. Another benefit of praying as a team is finding that you begin to hear the voice of God more clearly, and more often.

To align yourself with a prayer team, will instigate some true koinonia. It may be a PRAYER CHAIN, or a CLOSE SPIRITUAL RELATIONSHIP with another prayer warrior. It is ideal when two partners in marriage can develop a prayer ministry together. Simply by sharing the same prayer list, and occasionally praying at the same time, and discussing the needs and hurts of others about whom both are praying will develop a great, and powerful team.

This fellowship of an prayer warrior TEAM will destroy some of the attacks of the devil. The devil seeks to bring us suffering, but fellowship and being part of an prayer team will cause the uplifting of the one against whom the devil has made the attack.

When one of the team fails, the other is there to gently guide, lead, and intercede for the fallen. Many of the rest of Christianity will "shoot the wounded", but the team partner with whom there is humble admission of sins and faults will be able to restore with love and humility.

In the prayer TEAM, there needs to be admission of the need of the other. They should cultivate deep relationships, and commit self to caring and praying about the problems of others without condemnation.

Make a covenant with God to be a prayer warrior. Find others to stand with you for others. Ask these team members to "agree" together for the needs of others. God will abundantly bless the team. "One" will be able to "chase a thousand," but when God finds two who will agree together God will allow them to "chase ten thousand."

Psalm 133:1-2 (KJV)
1 Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity!
2 It is like the precious ointment upon the head, that ran down upon the beard, even Aaron's beard: that went down to the skirts of his garments;

PRAYER IN THE SPIRIT

Another way to increase the effectiveness of the weapon of prayer is by prayer in the Spirit.

Romans 8:26-27
"Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities; for we know not what we should pray for as we ought; but the Spirit Himself maketh intercession for us with GROANINGS WHICH CANNOT BE UTTERED. And He that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because He maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God."

I Corinthians 14:2, 14
"For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue, speaketh not unto men, but unto God; for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the Spirit he speaketh mysteries... For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful."

Some have falsely believed that when we pray in our prayer language, the devil is unable to understand what we say. This is a false concept. These are the tongues of men and angels. He is a fallen angel, who knows the languages of heaven, and he has been around long enough to know all the languages of earth. In Africa, for instance, some who are baptized into the Spirit, will speak in perfect English. Does the devil not know English in Africa? And if here in this country, when we are baptized into the Spirit, does the devil not know Japanese if that is the language that God gives us with which to pray?

It is not the devil who does not know what is prayed, it is we ourselves. As it says in I Corinthians 14:14, "my understanding is unfruitful." We do not understand what we are praying when we pray "in the Spirit." There are reasons for this. Sometimes, what God wants us to pray about, is not for us to know at this time. You may be praying about an accident that will occur tomorrow, and if you knew about it, you wouldn't get into the car. However, God may be allowing the accident, but the injuries, the damage, and the possibility of fatality may be altered by our weapon of prayer.

There are many such reasons that the Lord may want you to pray in tongues. This is a very vital part of being a prayer warrior. Anyone without this gift of the Spirit will be seriously hampered in their ministry.

Surely, there are many warnings and directions concerning the use of "tongues" and "interpretation" of these tongues. They can be used out of turn in a church service (I Corinthians 14:27). They can profit nothing in a church service if love is not present (I Corinthians 13). Tongues can be done "decently and in order" (I Corinthians 14:40). Paul said that he prayed in tongues more than all of them in Corinth to whom he was speaking (I Corinthians 14:18).

The use of "tongues" in our prayers is for the most part a private use of this gift, outside the church services. We pray privately to God alone, and pray in a language that we do not understand. We do not understand what we are asking, yet the Spirit is giving our spirit this unknown tongue to ask God for things that are His will for us to have. This assures us that God will be answering these prayers.

"So what" - if we do not know what we are praying. We know that whatever it is, it is God's will. We know God hears our prayers when we pray according to His will. And if He hears, He will answer. Prayer is hard, if we do not know how or what to pray. Praying in the Spirit is a perfect and needed resolution of that problem.

When we are tired, sick, confused, unsure of God's will, or having to concentrate on our working or driving, we can pray in the Spirit. Intercession can go on, unhindered, flowing easily. As you pray in the Spirit, your mind is at rest, and your spirit prays unhindered by the limitations of the human mind.

Sometimes there are deep mysteries in our lives. We may wonder, why did God do this? Or, Why did He not do that? Or, Will He ever do this other thing? Praying in the Spirit can give us rest, that even though we do not have answers to all things now. We can still intercede in the Spirit and know we are praying according to His will.

Try it. Speak in tongues and intercede in this manner, as well as in your own language. See if your prayers suddenly have more effectiveness. If your life hasn't changed in a week, then don't keep on! I am certain it will have drastically changed.

The devil hates the weapon of prayer. It is powerful and effective.

Upvote 0

murjahel

Senior Veteran
Oct 31, 2005
✟29,367.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
THE KEYS
TO LOCK AND UNLOCK

Some of the bestowments that many think about, that God wants to give us, are the ‘keys’. Jesus said ‘I will give unto...’ and that offer of these ‘keys’ still is being offered and given. Yet, like many of the other ‘bestowments’ offered, there are some who do not even know what these bestowments are.

KEYS OF THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN

Matthew 16:18-19
“And I say also unto thee, that thou are Peter, and upon this rock, I will build My church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. And I will give unto thee, the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatsoever thou shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven; and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth, shall be loosed in heaven...’

Keys are symbols of authority. Here they mean the authority and power to do the works of God. If we learn to loose and bind with the keys, we will see the miracles meant for the church to have.

The church has spent centuries distracted by the devils on those verses. While the church debated if Peter was a pope, if the keys were given him to pass down, etc., the devil has robbed us from the real meaning of those verses.

The name ‘Peter’ is from ‘petros’ meaning ‘a small stone.’ The ‘rock’ that Jesus spoke of was the ‘truth’ stated by Peter, that Jesus is the ‘Christ’. Upon that truth, the church is built. Peter is one of the small stones, that are built into the church. We, the saints, are all stones put into this building of the Lord.

The whole church is told:
“Ye also as lively stones are built up a spiritual house, a holy priesthood...’

So, since that part of the debate is not to distract us from the truth of binding and loosing miraculously, let’s see what the ‘keys’ to those are.

The word ‘key’ is the Greek word ‘kleis’, and is an instrument used to shut or open a lock. In those times, it was usually wood with nails inserted upon it, so as to fit corresponding holes in the lock.

In the Bible it is used figuratively to describe official authority and power to lock and unlock miraculously. The authority and power to do miracles has long been desired in the church, but almost as much misunderstood or even ignored.

John 14:12 promised us ‘greater works’ than Christ did in His first coming. Mark 16:17 promised that ‘signs’ should follow us. Other verses in the Word of God promise us locking and unlocking power in the miraculous.

Isaiah 58:6-8
“...break every yoke... hide not thyself from thine own flesh... then... thine health shall spring forth speedily.”

To break and open the ‘yokes’ that have held us back, to have healing come speedily, we need the keys to unlock what has been shut from us.

Ones who have ‘keys’ will be given wisdom to bind and loose, lock and unlock, those things that are the will of God. Many have tried to unlock possession of mercedes, yachts, and mammon prosperity. Their goals were not spiritual but were carnal. When keys are given by the LORD, it is to those who will make the ‘whatsoever’ of the verse to be ‘whatsoever’ is of spiritual worth.

There are things the keys that the Lord gives to us, that we can LOOSE, i.e UNLOCK.

Firstly, we can loose (unlock) men from infirmities.

Luke 13:11-16 tells of a woman that was loosed by the Lord from a long enduring infirmity. In Mark 7:32-35, Jesus loosed persons from deaf and dumb. In Matthew 9:27-31, Jesus healed the blindness. In Matthew 8:1-4, we see that Jesus could loose from leprosy. We will, in this double portion of revival, walk into buildings where there is sickness of all kinds. We will stand there, and apply a key to loose sickness from those victims. Sometimes, oil may be applied, prayers may be made over various ones, but in this last revival of the church age, often, just the key being applied to that area, will show sicknesses disappear from many, in a moment. They will walk out of their hospital rooms, wondering what has happened. The gospel message of salvation will then be spoken, and many will come to Jesus.

Secondly, bonds can be loosed (unlocked).

Paul and Silas were loosed (Acts 16:26). Another time, Jesus was about to be seized by angry pharisees, but passed through their midst, unable to be stopped by those desiring to bind Him. Many try to interfere with the gospel spread. In the final double portion revival, the devil will put forth all efforts he can to stop the spread of the gospel. Many will be encouraged by the devil to imprison and lock up those who are miraculously ministering for the Lord. In some cases, angels will come and loose from those bonds, in other cases, the locks will become unlocked, doors will open, freedom will not be denied to those with the key of the Lord.

Thirdly, we will loose (unlock) multitudes from sin.

Sin tries to grip, habits refuse to let go of their victims. With the glory of God about us, and the applying of the key to situations and places where we will go, we will find that an overwhelming pricking of the souls will encompass those near us. Many will fall on their knees, repenting, weeping, and coming to Jesus. Often this will happen before we preach, and then as we preach, more will come to Jesus, being loosed from their sins.

Fourthly, false guilt will be loosed (unlocked) from many tormented Christians.

The devil tries to hold guilt on many. Though they have repented long ago, and often since, that guilt is pasted back onto the person by the demons. They cannot un-paste that guilt, and wear it with shame. The key of the Lord can be applied, and false guilt will fall from these victims, and rejoicing will break out, songs will be sung of joy, dancing will be spontaneous and unrestrained.

James 5:14-15 tells us of the ‘elders’ (pastors) of the church that should be able to unlock and loose from sickness and sin.

James 5:14-15
“Is any sick among you? Let him call for the elders of the church. And let them pray over him, anointing him with oil, in the name of the Lord. And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up. And if he hath committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.”

We can see sin and guilt be removed from those to whom we speak the unlocking keys.

Peter preached to Cornelius’ household. Before he could get to the altar call, to offer them salvation, they began to speak with tongues. They had, in their hearts, in the midst of that early revival, repented and been filled with the Spirit, before the sermon could be finished. In the last days, double portion revival, the salvations will come so fast and easy, we will be as boggled of mind, as was Peter there.

BINDING, i.e. UNLOCKING, also will come with use of the keys given us by the Lord.

We will bind, i.e. lock up, satan’s power, We have been promised to ‘resist the devil and he will flee.’

James 4;7
“I give you authority over serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall be impossible to you.”

That ‘nothing shall be impossible’ that we are promised will be evident soon, for we shall use the key to lock and bind the devil’s power. The devil knows that our knowledge of the keys we have, will make us able to bind him and stop his workings. For too long people have hid from the devils, and tried to ignore him, hoping he would not be too hard on us. It is time for us to make him sorry he came near to us. We have the keys to bind him, we will finally begin to use them.

The forces of nature will also be bound by the keys. Elijah shut up the heavens from rain for three and a half years. Elisha did so for seven years. Jesus calmed the storm. The laws of nature can be bound or loosed. That last double portion time, will see the devil try to use the weather to stop revivals, to hinder the sermons, and to distract the hearers of the gospel message. Thunder and lightning will be bound, rains will stop on our command and use of the keys of the Lord, and blizzards, hurricanes, etc, will be stopped in their tracks, and dissolve mysteriously to the world’s scientists, when we call for God to lock those forces of nature.

The sins and hindrance to revival of Ananias and Sapphira, were bound by the rebuke of Peter, who by the gifts of the Spirit, locked hypocrites from the hindrance they could have been to that service. That kind of key use to bind from the harm of those coming knowingly or unknowingly, to hinder revival will find many great miracles that lock those hinderers from the presence of our worship times. There will be even greater demonstrations of God locking out, somehow, someway, those who come to hinder His times of blessing for the church.

Simon Magus (Acts 8), and Elymas (Acts 13) were locked from their hindering attempts. The devil wants to hinder this last revival, but his attempts, and those who unwittingly become his helpers, will be locked away, stopped in their tracks.

Upvote 0

murjahel

Senior Veteran
Oct 31, 2005
✟29,367.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
KEY of the HOUSE OF DAVID

Isaiah 22:20-24
And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will call My servant, Eliakim, the son of Hilkiah.
And I will clothe him with thy robe, and strengthen him with thy girdle, and I will commit thy government into his hand; and he shall be a father to the inhabitants of Jerusalem, and to the house of Judah.
And the key of the house of David will I lay upon his shoulder, so shall he open, and none shall shut and he shall shut and none shall open.
And I will fasten him as a nail in a sure place, and he shall be for a glorious throne to his father’s house.
And they shall hang upon him all thy glory of his father’s house.”

The ‘key of David’ conferred upon Eliakim all the ‘glory of his father’s house’. The same with the keys given to us by God. What Eliakim could do in the authority of David’s house, we can do the same as Jesus in God’s authority. The key of David is the first reference to the locking and unlocking power given to the children of God. In the New Testament, we see Jesus offered it to all the saints.

This is what Jesus spoke to the disciples when He talked of the ‘keys of the kingdom.’ (Matthew 16:18-19) When we go forth to do the works of Jesus, to win the world in our ministries, we have the authority of God’s kingdom, and we can be sure that God’s power will be able to do what we ‘bind or loose,’ and lock and unlock.

KEY OF KNOWLEDGE

There is a ‘key of knowledge’.

Luke 11:52
“Woe unto you, lawyers! For ye have taken away the key of knowledge. Ye have not entered in yourselves, and them that were entering, ye hindered.’

The experts of the Scriptures in Christ’s first coming, i.e. the ‘lawyers’, had missed the message of the Word so much, that the ‘key’ they had been given, had devastating effect on them. They spent their time trying to remove such ‘knowledge’ from others too. There are many who have missed the messages of the Word of God, The ‘key of knowledge’, i.e. the understanding of this message in the Bible, is vital to us being able to lead others aright.

KEYS FOR ALL CHILDREN OF GOD

Elijah had a mantle of power, and Elisha wanted a double portion. He worked hard, and was stedfast in seeking to have that mantle, and even more power than had Elijah. That kind of determination for the ‘keys’ is vital to the demonstration of power to soon be found in the revival to come.

Of all the Old Testament prophets, John the Baptist was said by our Lord Jesus to be the ‘greatest’. Yet, we are also told, that every saint in the N.T. period will be greater than John. Why? Well, now we all can have the ‘keys of the kingdom’. Therefore, we need to use those ‘keys’ for the Lord’s sake.

Jesus came and used the keys. He claimed that Isaiah 61:1-3 was descriptive of His ministry.

Isaiah 61:1-3
‘The Spirit of the Lord is upon Me, because He hath anointed Me
to preach the good tidings unto the meek,
He hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted (BINDING),
to proclaim liberty to the captives (LOOSING),
and the opening of the prison to them that are bound (LOOSING),
to proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord...

Isaiah 58:6
“Is not this the fast that I have chosen?
To loose the bands of wickedness (LOOSING),
to undo the heavy burdens (LOOSING),
and to let the oppressed go free (LOOSING),
and that ye break every yoke (LOOSING).

Correct fasting involves loosing, and binding. We bind our natural desires, and fill our time with loosing for the Lord. Binding and loosing are to be exercised and made powerful parts of our lives.

Salvation has loosed us, from the law and the captivity of sin.

Romans 7:23-24
“I see another law in my members,
warring against the law of my mind,
and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin...’
O wretched man that I am,
who shall deliver me from the body of death?
(WHO SHALL LOOSE ME FROM THE LAW?)

Romans 8:5
‘...ye have not received the spirit of bondage...’

We are no longer bound, but we are loosed, and now we are to realize we have a LOOSING ministry. The double portion time will show forth a time when the whole church of the Lord will be using these keys.

PURPOSE OF THE KEYS

Joel 2:19
“...no more shall ye be a reproach among the heathen...’

The word for ‘reproach’ in that verse, is the Hebrew word ‘cherpah’, and means ‘disgrace, exposed to upbraiding’, ‘exposed to defying.’

For too long, the world has reproached the church, and the church has been a ‘disgrace’ to our Lord. Filled too much with hypocrites, carnal, and apostates, the church has been a laughing stock to the world.

In the double portion time, we will find that the ‘keys’ will make sure that there is no longer a ‘reproach’ coming from the world against the church. The church will have been cleansed by the harvest of tares. The keys will show forth a church that will make even the sinners to be in awe.

Joel 2:8
“...if fall upon a sword, they shall not be wounded...’

It is one thing to have a wound, and have the Lord heal it after it wounds. Yet, during this time, there will accidents, and no harm shall come to the ones using the keys. The last days will be ‘perilous’ times due to the devil knowing his time is so short. He will be doing all he can to kill and wound. The accidents he causes, will not bring harm to those using the keys, no harm to be healed later, for the harm will not come to the key users.

Joel 2:10
“earth shall quake before them.’

Has that verse ever been fulfilled? No! When shall it then? It shall be fulfilled during the double portion revival time. The keys we use will cause the earth to ‘groan and travail’, shaking, quaking, as we move about this world.

‘heavens shall tremble’

The stars, sun, moon, comets, etc, shall tremble and show forth movement, as the whole universe is in travail pain in this double portion time. This last month before the rapture, the whole physical universe will be anxious for the soon coming event of rapture of the church.

“...sun and moon shall be dark... stars shall withdraw their shining...”

The sun and moon shall suddenly be unpredictable, and when one expects light from them, they will find there are moments of darkness from each. God is blinking the lights of heaven, to alert the world. The consternation of the world’s scientists will alarm the world. They will know something is about to happen, yet, not know how and why all is happening. The anxiousness due to these kind of events, will make our gospel message take hold in ways never seen before.

Joel 2:11
‘...the Lord shall utter His voice before His army...’

God’s own voice will be heard, as we walk to our next place of ministry. The aura of God needs and demands a herald. In previous times, heralds would precede the king, and announce His coming. In the double portion time, Jesus is soon to come, and we, His emissaries, will have God Himself announcing those who bring message. How awesome this will be. How startling to those to whom we go to minister, for they shall hear God’s voice announce our arrival, before we arrive.

Isaiah 25:
verse 2 “city on heaps... defensed city a ruin...’
Verse 3 ‘city of terrible nations shall fear thee...’

The cities and communities to which we go to minister, will find that ‘fear’ will come upon them, if they reject, for the cities that reject our message, will be devastated by disaster, and be in heaps, ruined. When Jesus was here in His first coming, James and John wanted Jesus to call for fire to fall on the Samaritan city. Jesus knew that there were a couple thousand more years of mercy yet. But in that last month before the rapture, the time of mercy for rejection is over.

HOW DO WE WORK THESE KEYS OF POWER

ASK, SEEK, KNOCK

First, we should ... ask, seek, and knock. There is a passage in Matthew 7:7-11, with which most Christians are familiar. It tells us there to ‘ask... seek... and knock.’

The ‘asking’ is the part most of us have done well.

The ‘seek’ has been less well done. ‘Seek’ means to go where God is. So, when ‘asking’ alone does not get the answer, we need to get nearer to God and ‘seek’ His presence.

Then comes the ‘knocking’. Once you have arrived in God’s presence, and you are the ‘door’ of the answer, the ‘knocking’ is necessary. The ‘knocking’ causes the ‘door’ to be opened. Too many are ‘knocking’ while far from the door. Did you ever ‘knock’ upon a door from the ‘highway’ in front of the house? No, our arms are not long enough. We need to get up on the porch, near the door, standing right there at the door. Then we can knock.

If we knock from across the street, the knock is not heard, so God does not unlock the door.

SUBMIT TO GOD, RESIST THE DEVIL

James 4:7-8
“Submit yourselves therefore to God, resist the devil and he will flee from you. Draw nigh to God, and He will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.”

The devils flee when we resist them, for we are told to ‘resist the devil, and he will flee...’ First, though, we are told to ‘submit ourselves to God.’ God’s glory comes when we ‘draw nigh’ to Him. The directions in James are bound together. You cannot ‘draw nigh’ to the Lord if you have not ‘resisted’ the devils. You have no power to resist the devils, if you have not ‘submitted’ to the Lord. Then, you can, ‘draw nigh to God’, and He will ‘draw nigh to you’. When you meet God in that way, your next act will not be to get swell headed and proud, but rather, you will realize you are a ‘sinner’, and need ‘cleansed’... and need ‘purified’ from your ‘double mindedness”. Then, you will find you have ‘sought’ and found God.

CLEANSE AND PURIFY

The ‘cleansing’ and ‘purifying’ is so vitally needed. The grudges, judgmentalism, carnality, anger, bitterness, etc. that creeps into Christians separates us from God, keeps His power from flowing through us, keeps our aura minimal, keeps the keys from our hands, and miracles, signs, and wonders from following us.

II Corinthians 6:16-18
“What agreement hath the temple of God with idols? For ye are the temple of God, as God hath said, I will dwell in them and walk in them, I will be their God, and they shall be My people. Wherefore, come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing, and I will receive you, and will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be My sons and daughters, saith the Lord God Almighty.”

All sinful things are ‘unclean’. There are multitudes of Christians who are hypocrites, carnal, and wayward. They dishonor God often by their behavior and attitudes. They bear grudges, jealousies, and pride. They seldom repent or are humbled before the Lord. We are not to even ‘touch’ those ‘unclean things’.

These keys are available bestowments, to be used for the work and ministries we are given. Where would our ministries be, if we did not have them? Learn to avail yourself of the bestowments of the keys.

Upvote 0

murjahel

Senior Veteran
Oct 31, 2005
✟29,367.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
THE SHOFAR TRUMPETS are to be sounded by Pentecostal preachers

THE HORNS OF RAMS

The horns of the rams were greatly valued. In the Bible lands, the rams horns are considered of great significance.

One use of the ram’s horn was as a vessel in which to carry liquids. A wooden plug was driven into the large end of the horn to close it. Sometimes raw hide covered it to hold it in place. The small pointed end of the horn was removed and closed up with a stopper. This horn was often used then to carry oil. Samuel used his horn of oil to anoint David to become the king. (1Sam. 16:1) Solomon was anointed king by the oil of Zadok’s horn. (1Kings 1:39). Shepherds, like David, used oil from their horns to anoint the head wounds of their sheep.

Another common use of the ram's horn was the making of a trumpet, oft called a shofar. The Law called for rams' horns to be blown at necessary times. Each year of Jubilee began with the blowing of these ram’s horns, i.e. shofars.

Leviticus 25:9 (KJV)
9 Then shalt thou cause the trumpet of the jubilee to sound on the tenth day of the seventh month, in the day of atonement shall ye make the trumpet sound throughout all your land.

During the Feast of Trumpets there was to be "a day of blowing the trumpets"

Numbers 29:1 (KJV)
1 And in the seventh month, on the first day of the month, ye shall have an holy convocation; ye shall do no servile work: it is a day of blowing the trumpets unto you.

Another famous use of this shofar trumpet was at the destruction of Jericho.

Joshua 6:1-5 (KJV)
1 Now Jericho was straitly shut up because of the children of Israel: none went out, and none came in.
2 And the LORD said unto Joshua, See, I have given into thine hand Jericho, and the king thereof, and the mighty men of valour.
3 And ye shall compass the city, all ye men of war, and go round about the city once. Thus shalt thou do six days.
4 And seven priests shall bear before the ark seven trumpets of rams' horns: and the seventh day ye shall compass the city seven times, and the priests shall blow with the trumpets.
5 And it shall come to pass, that when they make a long blast with the ram's horn, and when ye hear the sound of the trumpet, all the people shall shout with a great shout; and the wall of the city shall fall down flat, and the people shall ascend up every man straight before him.

The shofar trumpets were used to signal the gathering of the people.

Jeremiah 4:5 (KJV)
5 Declare ye in Judah, and publish in Jerusalem; and say, Blow ye the trumpet in the land: cry, gather together, and say, Assemble yourselves, and let us go into the defensed cities.

DESCRIPTION OF THE RAM’S HORN

The ram's horn trumpet measured often to be eighteen inches long. It was made from a left horn of the fat-tailed sheep. This horn was curved backwards, and forming nearly a circle. To make it the right shape, it was softened by hot water. Then it could be molded into the form to be used by the priests.

THE SHOFAR TRUMPETS OF GIDEON’S 300

In Judges chapter 7, we read the story of Gideon. The trumpets of that time sounded by the 300, announced that they were to break the pitchers, and the ‘lamps’ (smoldering torches) would burst into flame when the pitchers were broken.

Gideon had started with 32,000 in his army. Of that number, 22,000 decided they were afraid, and went home. Of the 10,000 that were left, 9700 proved not to be anxious for the battle, and Gideon told them to go home. There were only 300 left, and there were 300 victors.

The call to ministry today is similar. Many would rather just say ‘grace’ at the dinner table, and then, only if no unsaved are noticing. Some would rather pray only for their own needs. Some will only witness if the person actually begs to be witnessed to. So, the number of ministers of the Lord is small. Like Gideon’s army, many forsake and go home.

This 300 were going up against over a hundred thousand of the enemy. They were anxious to minister for the Lord. They were the ones to have a trumpet bestowed upon them, to use for the Lord.

Today, one third of the world claims to be Christian. In the United States, 70% claim to be Christian. Yet, when the battles come, very few will prove to be warriors in the Lord’s army. The enemy was 135,000 strong. The 300 of Gideon’s army seems totally outnumbered in human standards. The 300 could have looked at how they were so out-numbered, and wanted to flee with the other 31,700 who had already gone home. But their faith was in the trumpet that they had bestowed to them for the battle.

Judges 7:16-22 (KJV)
16 And he divided the three hundred men into three companies, and he put a trumpet in every man's hand, with empty pitchers, and lamps within the pitchers.
17 And he said unto them, Look on me, and do likewise: and, behold, when I come to the outside of the camp, it shall be that, as I do, so shall ye do.
18 When I blow with a trumpet, I and all that are with me, then blow ye the trumpets also on every side of all the camp, and say, The sword of the LORD, and of Gideon.
19 So Gideon, and the hundred men that were with him, came unto the outside of the camp in the beginning of the middle watch; and they had but newly set the watch: and they blew the trumpets, and brake the pitchers that were in their hands.
20 And the three companies blew the trumpets, and brake the pitchers, and held the lamps in their left hands, and the trumpets in their right hands to blow withal: and they cried, The sword of the LORD, and of Gideon.
21 And they stood every man in his place round about the camp: and all the host ran, and cried, and fled.
22 And the three hundred blew the trumpets, and the LORD set every man's sword against his fellow, even throughout all the host: and the host fled to Bethshittah in Zererath, and to the border of Abelmeholah, unto Tabbath.

We find some beautiful typology in this story. We too are few who are in the army of the Lord, and are outnumbered in this last day as we battle the devil’s forces.

We live at a time of having an empty pitcher. The pitcher was a ‘kad’ (Hebrew), which was a pail of earthenware. It speaks of the gospel message having been poured out. The devil, over the years, has tried to pollute the pitchers, tried to poison its contents, and tried to dry up its contents. Yet, some have remained true to pouring out the message of the gospel. The three hundred with empty pitchers were the ones who were faithful to pour out the true gospel.

Judges 7:16 calls these pitchers ‘empty’. This is the Hebrew word ‘Riyq’ (reek), meaning ‘poured out.’ Saints have poured out the message.

Now, empty of that message, the pitcher is to be ‘broken’. The word for ‘brake’ is the Hebrew word ‘naw-phats’, meaning to ‘dash in pieces’. The vessel bearing what was poured out is to soon be broken. It is not what that poured out that is broken, but only the vessel. We are the vessel that has been pouring out the message. The breaking process is hard. We could not change our message, and now that it is poured out, we have another great work to do, and to do it, we need to be broken.

The broken pitcher is only a vessel. It is only as useful as what it holds. When emptied and finished, it is of no value. It can then be broken, for its work is over. We have presented the gospel, yet, many rebel and sin still.

The breaking of our empty pitcher can seem to be painful. Jesus was broken in Gethsemane, for His work was coming to an end. Jeremiah was in pit, the sewer of a prison, and there surely felt like the broken pitcher. Joseph was put, by his brothers, into a well, and then sold into slavery. Hananiah, Azariah, and Mishael were put into a fiery furnace. Job spent two years, destitute of wealth, grieving for his murdered children, nagged by a faithless wife, taunted by prideful friends, and aching from boils upon his body. Paul sat in prison waiting to be beheaded. John was put on a prison island.

None of them were finished, all had ministry to yet do for the Lord. The ones with the empty pitchers of the last days, will be broken, and yet, the smoldering torch within will burst into flame, and more work for the Lord can then be done. Our ‘smoldering torch’ inside the empty pitcher, is the hope of victory that we have. The hope of victory is a reason we continue in ministry. This is not meaningless, nor hopeless work. We know that there will be a victory that will come.

When the pitcher was broken in Gideon’s time, there was inside that . This lamp would burst into flame when the pitcher was smoldering torch broken. When we come to our broken time, we will find the smoldering power of the Lord, will burst into the double portion power time of God.

more to come on this...

Upvote 0

murjahel

Senior Veteran
Oct 31, 2005
✟29,367.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
MANY TRUMPETS TO COME

The events of the last days, all start with a ‘trumpet’. The subject of ‘trumpets’ has been given the poorest of exegesis. What most fail to realize is that there are many ‘trumpets’ to be sounded in the time of God’s working with mankind.

The last trump

I Corinthians 15:52
“In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the LAST trump, for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.’

This event is called the ‘last’ trump, and yet, there are seven later trumpet soundings as judgments in the tribulation. There are multiple trumpet soundings, The seven trumpets of Revelation are trumpets of judgment. There are trumpets of alert, of alarm, of announcement, etc. The ‘last’ trump of I Corinthians is the last of a series of trumpets sounded in the last days, for the army of God.

Last day trumpets

Joel 2:1 tells of a last day call for trumpets to be sounded.
“Blow ye the trumpet in Zion, and sound an alarm in My holy mountain, let all the inhabitants tremble; for the day of the Lord cometh, for it is nigh at hand.”

This ‘trumpet’ is a ‘shofar’ trumpet, that is called to be sounded in the heavenly ‘Zion’. On that ‘holy mountain’, where the throne of God is, trumpets of warning are to be sounded in the last days.

The silver trumpets (hacoceroth) of the temple were used to summon the people. These were straight, not curved metal, and was blown only by the priests. In length they were not quite a yard long. They were sounded for celebrations and gatherings. Yet, in Joel 2:1, this was a ‘shofar’ trumpet, that sounded alarm, warning of war.

The ‘shofar’ originally was used only for warlike purposes, warning of the approach of the enemy. It sounded often throughout the battles. It sometimes sounded recall. It was blown to announce a proclamation of the law. It announced the year of jubilee. It heralded the approach of the Ark of the covenant. It hailed a new king. It announced the time of judgment. These were all types, to be fulfilled in the many soundings of trumpets on heavenly Zion in these last days.

THE SPIRIT WANTS TO BESTOW A SHOFAR TRUMPET
TO EACH OF US NOW.

We are now, yes, now, at the time of a ‘trumpet’ to be sounded. The Lord has had a few, like Gideon’s 300, emptying their pitchers, and a trumpet is now to sound to have us break our pitcher. The double portion time is soon to come, and it is time to hear the trumpet announcing the breaking of the pitcher time.

The trumpet is in our right hand, a pitcher to break in our left hand, and a torch about to burst into fiery brilliance is within that pitcher.

Our pouring out of the gospel is coming to completion. The last days are here, and they are ending. The tribulation is about to begin, the rapture will soon remove us. So, as ministers of the Lord, we have a trumpet to sound, and breaking of our pitcher is now to be done, and the lamp of victory will then be lit, shining a light for our latter rain revival time.

Jesus said at the last supper, ‘This is My body which is broken for you...’ (I Cor. 11:24). We have been called to ‘take up our cross, and follow Him...’ This is a breaking time for us now. And we sound the trumpet of victory first, and then the lamp will light as our emptied pitcher is broken.

I Corinthians 14:8
“For if the trumpet give an uncertain sound, who shall prepare himself to battle?’

There are many ‘uncertain sounds’ being sounded in our day. The trumpets of many are sounding calls not sanctioned by the Lord. Some are just distractions to the real trumpet calls. Some are calling people to gain riches, to live in luxury. Some are calling to hobbies, sports, jobs, ego building, etc. The uncertain sounds of such trumpets, are not being sounded in Zion, they are earthly trumpets that distract from some hearing the real trumpets from God.

Like the 31,700 in Gideon’s day, many are hearing the trumpet call to go home, to take it easy, to avoid rushing to battle. Only 300 heard the trumpet call from Zion in that time. Few are hearing the call of God’s trumpet today. Most are hearing trumpets of ‘uncertain sound’. They do not know that the messages they are heeding is not from God.

Matthew 6:25:33
“Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat... drink... put on...
Behold, the fowls... sow not... heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they? Shall He (God) not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith! Therefore take no thought, saying what shall we eat...? Your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have needed these things. But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you... Take no thought for the morrow...”

The distractions of ‘uncertain’ trumpets is to be avoided. The prosperity preachers distract from the war trumpet of God. If we heed the ‘uncertain’ trumpets, the day of the Lord will come upon us ‘unawares’.

Luke 21:34-35
“And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged (Greek = baruno, weighed down) with surfeiting (Greek = Kraipale, nausea after overeating) and drunkenness (Greek = methe, intoxication) and the cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares (Greek = aiphnidios, suddenly). For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth.”

The most of Christians in our day, are going to be caught unawares by the trumpet call. Most of Gideon’s army did not want to become intercessors, so they were sitting at home, unaware of what was happening on the battle field.
The torch lamp that bursts into flame will bring a new ministry, and we will alert some more as we wave our torches.

The 300 of Gideon, cried out as they stood there. They said; The sword of the Lord, and of Gideon...’ In that same way, now God’s sword and ours will become one sword.

The battle will soon take on a new dimension. The pitcher will be empty and then broken. The torch will burn brightly. The Light of the Spirit will put fear in the enemy. The victory will be imminent. God’s glory will be upon us, shining as the lamp illuminated the 300 as they surrounded the 135,000. The devil’s forces will be in disarray. The 31,700 who miss this victory time will be still hearing ‘uncertain sounds’, and missing this victory.

The intercessors of this age, are like unto the 300 of Gideon. Fewer in number than the whole of the army, but are those who are willing to empty their pitchers, sound the trumpet, and claim the victories of their intercessory prayers.

How amazing it was, on that dark night, for the sudden blaze of three hundred torches, followed by the blast of three hundred trumpets, and the shout of three hundred brave soldiers.

Origen said that these three hundred were like preachers of the Gospel; and their trumpeting message of the gospel of Jesus. Their lights representing the righteousness of Christian living.

Tertullian noted that the Greek letter tau, which looks like a T, or a cross,
is the symbol in Greek noting 300, and found significance in that type, that the 300 were symbolic for the last day preachers of the cross. The last day preachers of the cross do empty themselves with preaching Jesus, we break our emptied pitcher, and let the smoldering gospel message shine forth in power. The trumpeting of our message in these last days, is to be a conquering over the devil, without any military force. The tau is the sign of the cross; and the trumpets, the symbol for our proclaiming of the coming of Jesus in power to soon rule and reign in this world. The burning torches in the pitchers, represent the power of the Holy Spirit, as He shines forth with gifts and bestowments of power for this last day ministry.

The time of this last day fulfilment of this is an appointed time. The moon of our day is concealed, darkness is pervasive in the minds of the world. Yet, we are to be ready, as the 300 cross preachers of the day, to break our empty pitcher of preached gospel, let the Spirit’s power be shown, and blow forth the last day message, and shout in victory for Jesus.

The shofar trumpet is a bestowment of the Spirit upon those who will not like the thousands of Gideon would prefer not to be involved, but would rather bravely take the trumpet, and proceed through this dark world, and be anxious for the last day revival of proclamation of the gospel.

Upvote 0

murjahel

Senior Veteran
Oct 31, 2005
✟29,367.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
THE PENTECOSTAL PREACHER HAS DREAMS AND VISIONS

Numbers 12:6 (KJV)
6 And he said, Hear now my words: If there be a prophet among you, I the LORD will make myself known unto him in a vision, and will speak unto him in a dream.

God has chosen to speak unto us in visions and in dreams.

This is the bestowment of His message, His speaking to us via those ways. God’s ministers should desire and require revelation. God speaks in many ways. The Word of God speaks to every generation. It is the testing of every other kind of revelation from God. God may speak to us, directly. We test each of those instances by the Word of God. After God speaks, there can come confirmations in various ways. One way of God speaking to us, is through dreams and visions.

Mankind has been created to be "eye-minded". This means that mankind thinks, remembers, and imagines in terms of vision. God did this so that He might communicate with us through visions and dreams. Therefore, for the saint, visions and dreams should be common.

Through dreams, visions, or mental pictures, God has imparted revelation to His children.

These visions and dreams can occur when we are:
asleep (Isaiah 29:7; Daniel 2:19,28; Daniel 4:9; Daniel 7:1-2,7,13; Daniel 8:18),
in a trance (Numbers 24:4,16; Acts 10:10; Acts 11:5; Acts 22:17),
in meditation (Jeremiah 23:16),
in prayer (Daniel 9:21-24; Daniel 10:2-21),
or while awake (Matthew 17:1-9; Luke 1:22; Luke 24:23; Acts 9:10-12; Acts 10:3,17-19; Acts 12:9; Rev. 1:10; Rev. 4:1-2; Isaiah 6; Ezekiel 1:1; Ezekiel 8:3; Ezekiel 40:2; Ezekiel 43:3).

The images, pictorial illustrations in the mind, making a message of God to be clear, are a vision or dream that we remember, and seek further confirmation of its import.

Some think every dream is a revelation from God. That is not true. Those who seek to interpret every dream that comes to them, or to others, end up with a confused mess. For some dreams come as a message from God. Some come as confusion and attack from the devils. And some are natural outgrowths of our active minds, its accumulation of jumbled facts, that can pouring out in manifold manner. To interpret those that are not from God is misleading to the recipient, for they then try to assume that the interpretation is a message from God. False prophets can seek to lead some astray by interpretation of dreams. Psychics and fortune tellers will use various dreams from the mind to direct persons.

When God gives a dream, He intends for it to be understood.

When it takes a bit of time for God to interpret it to the individual, it is not wise to hurry up the interpretation by going to someone who claims to be an interpreter. Dreams of the unsaved, or carnal Christian, who cannot hear God’s interpretation themselves, can be received from Christians who are given the revelation from God. Dream interpretation is not learned from books or classroom teachers, it is a divine revelation from God for each dream.

Dreams and visions to saints should be interpreted to them from God Himself. Confirmations may come from others, but God is not going to give the saint the dream, and another person the interpretation. He is on speaking terms with the saint, and intends to continue to reveal to the person themselves.

John is given a vision in the book of Revelation, that reveals, unveils, and puts all former prophecy given of the Lord’s coming, into a logical, harmonious order. This vision of John’s is marvelous, and magnificent. We should be in awe of such revelation, and desire more, some for ourselves. It will not disagree with any God-given prophecy, but will be a marvelous precept upon precept, line upon line.

Visions are still for today.

Psalms 89:19
"Then thou spakest in vision to Thy Holy One..."

Proverbs 29:18
"Where there is no vision, the people perish..."

Hosea 12:10
"I have also spoken by the prophets, I have multiplied visions..."

Prophecy is a word, a received word from God, but it often is received in vision form.

Isaiah 29:10-11
“The vision of Isaiah... which he saw...”

Isaiah 2:1
“The Word that Isaiah... saw...”

Isaiah 13:1 “The burden... which Isaiah... did see”

Amos 1:1 “The words of Amos... which he saw...”

Micah 1:1 “word of Jehovah, that came to Micah... which he saw.”

Habakkuk 1:1 “The oracle which Habakkuk, the prophet, did see”

Habakkuk 2:1 “Write the vision...”

The revelation is not the prophet’s, it is God’s, and comes from words of knowledge, prophetic messages, and dreams and visions. The false prophet’s “prophesy out of their own hearts” and minds (Ezekiel 13:2-17). The false prophets ‘speak a vision of their own heart, and not of the mouth of Jehovah” (Jeremiah 23:16, 26, 14:14).

The Holy Scriptures are a revelation of God, given by inspiration of the Holy Spirit to Godly men, and often included visions and dreams. We have here in the book of Revelation, a vision of great magnitude, given to John, the beloved disciple, but meant for all of the church age to read, study, learn, and live by.

Visions are instruments of Divine communication, and usually happen during revival...

Joel 2:28
"And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out My Spirit upon all flesh, and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, and your young men shall see visions."

Absence of visions, mark times of spiritual decline...

Isaiah 29:11-12
"And the vision of all is become unto you as the words of a book that is sealed..."

Lamentations 2:9
"...her prophets find no vision from the Lord..."

Ezekiel 7:26
"Then shall they seek a vision of the prophets, but the law shall perish from the priest, and counsel from the ancients..."

Micah 3:6
"Therefore night shall be unto you, that ye shall not have a vision, and it shall be dark unto you, that ye shall not divine... for there is no answer from God..."

Understanding through visions and dreams, mark one who is blessed by God.

Daniel 4:9 (KJV)
9 O Belteshazzar (Daniel), master of the magicians, because I know that the spirit of the holy gods is in thee, and no secret troubleth thee, tell me the visions of my dream that I have seen, and the interpretation thereof.

HOW TO HAVE BESTOWMENT OF VISIONS AND DREAMS

God has promised to give us visions and dreams, so how do we receive the bestowment of those revelations? The bestowment of visions and dreams is for all flesh, male and female, old and young.

Acts 2:17 (KJV)
17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

The methods to follow to get this bestowment from the Lord is:

[1.] Reverence God!
A holy reverence of the Awesome nature and person of God will allow you to be shown visions and dreams. The army of prophets will have a ‘fear’ and reverence for God, for He would not be revealing His messages to those who disrespected His Person.

[2.] Admit your desire to understand better of God's workings.
Be ready for new revelations that will make your present Bible knowledge more clear (not contradict the Bible, but enlighten passages that have seemed muddled or unintelligible). Some can get haughty in the amount of Bible study they have accomplished over the years, but the more one truly learns of the Word of God, the more one realizes they do not know. God’s workings are beyond finding out, and beyond predicting. The devil, who had known God for millennia, could not predict the plan of God in salvation, and was fooled into crucifying the Savior, which was a major part of the plan. For us to assume they could predict, and understand God’s dealings, is the height of pride.

[3.] Allow God to remove walls of ignorance. Allow new revelation, once it begins, to continue in multiple ways.

The education offered by mankind often builds up walls of ignorance, and God needs to be allowed to remove such walls. Throw out any misconceptions discovered, regardless of dogma, denominational proclamation, or long held creed. Misconceptions will be discarded constantly, as we see God’s revelation unfolding in our last days. So, the former things, assumed or mis-taught to us, will be discarded. All things, whether from dreams, visions, or past teachings, need tested by the Word of God. Dreams from God do not deny or contradict God’s Word, they confirm it, enlighten it, and the understanding is increased in the Word of God. In visions and dreams, the revelation started in prayer and in Bible study will blossom. New revelation will suddenly come after much Bible study. Scripture will become brightly clear, and will occur as when a light switch is turned in a dark room. Sudden revelations will come, and the true army of prophets will continue their love for the Word, and will verify every revelation in the Word of God. It is there, but often, we have missed seeing clearly.

[4.] Get your mind pure before God. Submit yourself to God and to His Word. Let God continue revelation in multiple ways.
Confess sin, search your heart and mind for any impurity. The heart that is pure by being repentant and washed in the blood, the heart that is tender by being washed and soaked in tears, will find that dreams and visions come easily. Test all new revelation by His Word. Do not hold firmly what denomination, creed, or long held tenets have taught if it is shown wrong by the Word. Many denominations have false doctrines, and the Lord may begin revealing through vision and confirm through the Bible that you have been deceived. The proud heart, that has much to explain to God, to keep Him informed, will find dreams do not come easily. The humble heart, submitted to God, ready to be corrected and taught, will find dreams are often to come and be remembered. After being shown new revelation, do not rush final judgment, for if you are receiving it from God, He will continue to confirm it and interpret it, with more Scripture as time proceeds. Most dreams are only the beginning of God’s revelation. There will come more dreams, there will come Scriptural verification, there will come confirmations in various ways. Some want a dream to be the whole revelation. Some will seek someone to give them the message, and to interpret the dream, so they can put the whole thing to rest. If you find yourself in that situation, you have frustrated and hindered the amount of revelation that God can give you. You have also opened yourself up to having 25 or more interpretations from the minds of seemingly helpful people. Then, in the midst of the confusion, you begin to doubt the dream had the significance you could have found it to have.

[5.] Now Pray for visions and dreams... and in faith then praise the Lord for the visions and dreams.
The Bible tells us that when the latter rain revival comes, we should pray for more “rain” (Zechariah 10:1). Dreams and visions are mandatory for an effective army of prophets to operate as God wants them to operate. Pray for them, ask for them, and keep praying for them, even after you begin receiving them. God desires to answer your prayers. It is God’s promise to not withhold any ‘good thing’ from us. So, if we ask as told to do, we can then immediately begin to thank Him, for we know He will do what He has promised.

[6.] Stay humble, visions, dreams, and revelations are meant for all (Joel 2:28), and that you receive such does not prove you are special.
God is "no respecter of persons..." The devil would like to sit upon the shoulders of the army of prophets, and tell them all the things they have ever done that make them unworthy of dreams and visions. That list, can be put under things that God does not remember any more. So, do not get prideful, but do not be beaten to the ground with ‘forgiven already’ sins of the past.

[7.] Openly relate your revelations (unless directed otherwise by the Lord).
You will be mocked, reviled, and ridiculed (as Joseph was by his brothers); you may be disbelieved (as was Jeremiah by his generation); and misunderstood (as has been Daniel for generations). Tell your dreams and visions anyway, you will not be the first to be thought "crazy" and "fanatical". All the prophets were, many were killed to shut them up about visions the others could not endure hearing about.

[8.] Question, question, question.
If you do not have questions, questions that burden, torment, and trouble you, you will not be given visions, dreams, and revelation to answer them. Search the Word, enough to have some questions. Search for the answers, and the Word of God will answer much. With every answer will come several more questions. All the prophets of God started with some troubling questions, and their revelations came from God in answer to such questions. Abraham wondered where his final home would be when God sent him on his journey. God showed him a revelation and vision of the New Jerusalem that made him only live in a tent, for he desired that vision to be fulfilled. Enoch questioned God about the destiny of the fallen angels that had fornicated with women of the earth. As God answered Enoch, he was given the revelations we find in the Book of Enoch. Moses questioned what would happen to the nation of Israel, and the revelations to Moses were God's answers to such questions. Question God, and Question God, and Question God, and you will be given revelation!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

murjahel

Senior Veteran
Oct 31, 2005
✟29,367.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
BESTOWMENT OF VISIONS AND OF DREAMS
IS GOD’S CHOSEN METHOD OF ENLIGHTENMENT
IN THESE LAST DAYS TO ADD CONFIRMATION
TO WHAT WE HAVE BEEN READING IN THE WORD OF GOD.

To fail to follow the above steps will result in ignorance, false doctrines, and torment. "Where there is no vision the people perish..." Visions are your choice, for God has already chosen to give you visions, and if you choose to receive such, you will. If you choose not to receive such, you will not. Those in false doctrines have had to choose to have their false doctrines, and have had to choose to retain error. God's truth is available and shown throughout all of creation. When proper truth is understood, the whole of creation, all of Scripture, and your visions and dreams will all be in harmony to confirm it.

Adam had daily visits by God. They walked and talked in the garden of Eden. These were literal visits and undoubtedly included much revelation being given to Adam. Due to his sin, he lost that intimate relationship, and the accompanying revelations. Many Christians still are in darkness and solitude from Godly visits and revelation from the Lord Himself. The resulting false doctrines of mankind's religions, the spiritual ignorance of sincerely-believed misconceptions are a result of our own Adam-like sins. Adam listened to Eve's ideas, and wanted to please her, more than to please God.

Many today accept denominational tenets, precepts unsubstantiated by God's Word, and long-held creeds, and the revelation from God, that He wants to give, is unheard. Do not blame Adam. Look at your own sins, sins yet unrepented, for the reason why you have not had visions, dreams, and revelations from God!

ARE YOU READY AND ABLE TO HAVE VISIONS AND DREAMS FROM GOD???

Jeremiah 12:5
"If thou hast run with the footmen, and they have wearied thee, then how canst thou contend with the horses? and if in the land of peace, wherein thou trusted, they wearied thee, then how wilt thou do in the swelling of Jordan?"

If the revelation of the Word, and of the revelation preached from the pulpit is more than you can accept and bear, then how can God give you more revelation through visions and dreams? If you cannot live for God with the truth you have, you will not be able to bear more revelation! God sought saints who accepted what revelation they already had, and who desired more revelation, and to them He gave more and more.

THE DREAMS AND VISIONS, IN THE BIBLE, HAVE LESSONS TO TEACH US

There are 34 recorded dreams in the Bible, of which 22 are in the Old Testament, and 12 are in the New Testament. Joseph spent many years in prison, and yet only a small part of the time there is explained to us. Much of the time, Joseph spent serving the other prisoners. He was as a servant to some of the other prisoners. Two of the men who were with him in the prison were the cup-bearer, and the baker of the Pharaoh. The chief butler was the overseer of the vineyards, keeper of the wine cellar, and the cup bearer of Pharaoh himself. He was responsible to test the wine, to make sure of its quality, and of its safety for the Pharaoh. The baker was the cook for the Pharaoh, and he was to prepare the meals for the court. He was responsible to make sure they were not only delicious, but also not poisoned. The offenses of these two, even if not intentional, were indicators that they had failed at their job.

From the book of Jasher, (an ancient history book quoted by Joshua and Samuel Joshua 10:13, II Samuel 1:18) we learn a few more details of this history. Allow me show what we can learn from that historical record. Certainly, the flies in the wine, as mentioned in Jasher, would be noticed, and were not deadly, if not noticed. So this crime was very likely not intentional. The nitre in the food, as mentioned in Jasher, could have been dangerous to the Pharaoh, and may have been intentional, or at least the Pharaoh, after reflection seemed to think so, and resulted in capital punishment. Within the prison, each of the two experienced a dream from the Lord. The Lord was going to allow Joseph to interpret the dreams for the two. Many think all dreams are simply reflective of subconscious thoughts, fears, and desires. Most are, or may be, but some do come from God. Even to sinners like this do they come from God. God had the Bible written, not only for the saints, but also for the sinners. He also sends dreams to the wicked, and to the righteous. The wicked do need an interpreter usually, for they are not sensitive to the Holy Spirit’s voice for personal instruction about the dream.

Dreams, visions, and how God uses them, are not well understood.

The Bible tells us that many dreams are from the Lord, and many can be tormented by the demonic powers. Some can hear from God by thoughts implanted into the conscious mind, and this is fine. Yet. some find that God needs to implant the thoughts into the sub-conscious mind.

The dreams with which Joseph dealt seemed to always come in pairs. He had two dreams himself, the cupbearer's and the baker's dreams were two, and Pharaoh had two dreams.

When God speaks by dreams, it is not a question whether or not God is speaking. God will keep giving dreams, over and over, and not allow them to be dismissed, forgotten, or ignored. So, when a dream is from God, it will make a definite impression. They are usually unforgettable, and will cause great concern.

Joseph noticed this pre-occupation of the two men the next morning. They told him the dreams, and told him that they did not know how to interpret them. Since these dreams were from God, only God could interpret them, and Joseph was on speaking terms with God.

How did Joseph know what the dreams meant? How did he hear from God? Those who obey, can hear the voice of the Spirit.

Acts 5:32
"WE ARE HIS WITNESSES TO THESE THINGS, AND SO ALSO IS THE HOLY SPIRIT, WHOM GOD HAS GIVEN TO THOSE WHO OBEY HIM."

When we grieve the Holy Spirit, we lose the ability to hear His voice as we did before. The Spirit still speaks, in conviction to us. If we resist long enough, we may lose that. Some have hardened themselves so much that they don't hear the voice of the Spirit, even in conviction. We, as the saints of God need to be sensitive to sin in ourselves in order that we may continue to hear the voice of the Spirit.

Some think they can hear from God if God would allow everything to go right for them. Yet, here was Joseph in prison, betrayed, falsely accused, abused. Yet, he was still hearing from God!

Since the Spirit wants us to know what is being related through the dream, we will hear an interpretation from Him. He does not give a dream to torment us. God gives dreams, and wants us to know what them mean. Expect God to reveal His plans.

Do not go to people who want to guess the interpretation of the dreams and visions. They can guess, but the Lord is on speaking terms with you, and He will explain your dreams. He will give further revelation in the Word, in His conversations with you. When you trust others to interpret the dreams and visions, twenty people will give you 40 different interpretations! Sinners may come to you, who do not know God, and you may be given interpretations to their dreams. Yet, you are not a sinner, and God is on speaking terms with you. Let Him further bestow dreams, revelations, and understanding. He will give the correct interpretations, and He will not be guessing.

Upvote 0

murjahel

Senior Veteran
Oct 31, 2005
✟29,367.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
THE PENTECOSTAL PREACHER WILL HAVE SUFFICIENT GRACE FOR THE THORNS

We have looked at many wonderful bestowments from the Holy Spirit that aid the various ministries to which we are called. The bestowment of the ‘thorn’ is one that may make some want to end this study. It is not one we tend to think of as good, desirable, or even one we wish to study.

Paul was a man of character, for he was patient, loving, compassionate, considerate, sometimes firm, sometimes sympathetic, and charming. Yet, in the ministry, more than character is needed. One needs consecration. Paul was faithful and loyal. Though ruthless in pursuit of the Lord's kingdom, he was gentle and kind in its administration.

Paul had the consecration of a trained athlete, the servility of a slave,
the absorption of a sweetheart, and yet he mixed with that the knowledge of a scholarly person. We need consecration to overcome the distractions, temptations, trials, and attacks that the devil will bring us. We need to learn how to be the kind of minister that Paul set forth as an example.

In Gideon's army, 32,000 responded. Yet, 22,000 were sent home, fearful of the work they needed to do. 9,700 others were not so fearful, but needed more anxiousness and discipline. Only 300 met God's criteria. There are many in ministry that need to inventory their consecration, their willingness for the battle.

God does have standards for the ministry. He is patient and enduring in His training process. Since we are near the last battle of this age, against a devil and his angry cohorts, we must commit and consecrate as never before, and do it now!

The thorn in the flesh that Paul had, we find many in ministry also have a ‘thorn’ also. There is a purpose for it being allowed in the lives of ministers.

Many Pentecostal ministers will have THORNS IN THE FLESH.

II Corinthians 12:7-12
"And lest I should be exalted above measure, through the abundance of revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure. For this thing, I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me. And He said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee; for My strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore, will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore, I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake; for when I am weak, then am I strong. I am become a fool in glorying; ye have compelled me; for I ought to have been commended of you; for in nothing am I behind the very chiefest apostles, though I be nothing. Truly the signs of an apostle were wrought among you in all patience, in signs, and wonders, and in mighty deeds."

There have been great debates on these verses. Many do not want the "thorn" to be a fleshly disease. They want to teach that disease cannot come to Christians. So they have trouble with Job's boils, and Paul's thorn.

Smith Wigglesworth had diabetes every day of his ministry. Yet, many with even the same disease were healed in services in which he prayed for the sick. The diabetes was one of his thorns.

Some see the thorn as physical, and others see it as spiritual battles. Which is correct? Do we have "thorns" today? What are they? - and - What aren't they? Notice that visions and revelations preceded the thorn. Paul had been caught up into the third heaven, and whether he was in the flesh, or in the spirit, he did not know.

The Jewish people talked of seven heavens. The air about us here upon the earth was called the "first heaven." The atmosphere above the clouds was called the "second heaven." The place called "sheol", which contains paradise, the abyss, and hell fire was called the "third heaven.". The solar system was called the "fourth heaven". The regions of starry space was called the "fifth heaven". The planet we know as "heaven" was called the "sixth heaven". And within that planet called "heaven" [as sheol is within the earth] was the throne room of God known as the "seventh heaven".

While in the "third heaven," that is "paradise", he heard "unspeakable words". These words were messages to him that he was not to repeat, they were not for general consumption. It was "not lawful for a man to utter" the messages that God revealed, and the sights that he was shown. Just as John was forbidden to reveal the seven thunders in the book of Revelation, Paul was not to reveal what he saw and heard in those revelations.

These abundant revelations, and the frequent returns of Paul to this place, where he conferred with the Lord, and refreshed himself from the abundant trials, could have kept Paul in "cloud nine" the rest of his life.

The ministry that has the kind of bestowments which have been discussed here, can make one feel superior, more holy or more blessed than others. There needs to be a ‘thorn’ when one has this powerful, this supernatural ministry. Paul had abundant revelations, so can we, so do we. We receive great manifestations of God’s supernatural power in our ministries of the last days. We need to have the bestowment of the thorn.

If God raptured you in the spirit to paradise and the garden of Eden, it would be hard to keep your mind on earthly things after that. If God gave you revelations of things yet to occur, it would be hard to keep them silent. These abundant blessings meant that Paul had to suffer great trials, to keep him humble, and to keep him reminded of earthly realities.

There is a mountain on each side of the valley, and there cannot be a valley, without two mountains. So do not ever by pass a blessing, but do not be surprised that blessings are pre-empted, and followed by trials.

WHAT IS THE THORN?

The word "thorn" is from the Greek word "skolops". This usually denoted something pointed, and the language denotes something physically painful, and humiliating. The thing that is stressed is the acuteness of the suffering.

The thorn, whatever it was, was something that caused great pain. Paul describes it as a physical ailment that afflicted him, and from which he prayed three times to be delivered. Some believe it was OPHTHALMIA. Since Paul generally dictated his epistles, and then only signed them (II Thessalonians 3:17, I Corinthians 16:21). The disease of ophthalmia would account for that. He wrote the end of Galatians with his own hand, but apologized for his large handwriting. (Galatians 6:1 -"how large letters"... ).

The Galatians did not despise him for it, but would have plucked out their own eyes and given them to the apostle, were it possible". Galatians 4:13-15 suggests that he had a disease that affected his eyesight. He says that he was unable to recognize the high priest in Acts.

PURPOSE OF THE THORN

The purpose of the thorn was "lest I be exalted (huperairomai) above measure." The Greek word for "exalted" is "huperairomai" which is used only here and of the Antichrist exalting himself above God (II Thessalonians 2:4). God did not want Paul to exalt himself due to the many revelations given to him, so God allowed the thorn to keep Paul humble. To every problem, there is a reason and a purpose. Do not complain, but "count it all joy."

James 1:2-4
"My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations. Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience... But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing."

SOURCE OF THE THORN

The source of the thorn was the "messenger of Satan." The word for "messenger" is "angelos". It was an angel of the devil, or a demon spirit that afflicted Paul with this fleshly problem. The diseases in this cursed world are not sent by God, only allowed by God. As God allowed Satan to afflict Job, so God allowed the devil to afflict Paul with this thorn.

Do not blame God for sickness, disease, and troubles. The demons and Satan are seeking to devour us, and they await us to have a weak moment, and they attempt to jump through the gap in our hedges. Sometimes, God temporarily allows a gap in our hedge, but He makes it work together for good when He does.

Satan's goal in this thorn was to "buffet me..." Satan wants to buffet, attack, and hinder us. The word for "buffet" is the Greek word "kolaphizo" which means "to box on the ear". When we are in the Lord's ministry, we will find that the devil will buffet us with persecutions, physical ailments, trials, and troubles.

more to come

Upvote 0

murjahel

Senior Veteran
Oct 31, 2005
✟29,367.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
PRAYER MADE AGAINST THE THORN

There was prayer made against this thorn. "I besought the Lord thrice..." says Paul. God answered with a "NO!" There are good purposes to bad events for the Christians, and there are times, though we do not understand it, that a "NO!" is the best answer that God can give us.

THE ANSWER, THE BESTOWMENT, ‘MY GRACE IS SUFFICIENT’

God does give us answers when we ask, and God tells Paul here that "My grace is sufficient for thee." The bestowment of ‘grace’ is given for those who are afflicted, attacked, buffeted, and given thorns by the devil.

No matter how great a trial, the grace and mercy of God is sufficient, adequate, and ample for us. Some have charged God with not caring enough, not supplying enough, and not answering our prayers...

God does answer, and He never leaves us, nor forsakes us. And there is "no weapon formed against us..." that can harm us. God is always there to take us through every dark tunnel, over every high mountain, and across every raging sea.

Paul's response to God's answer is better than many of the answers that today's ministers have given. Some today complain, fault God, deny the possibility of a "NO" from God, and demand a miracle of deliverance from every thorn. Paul did not do these things...

Paul said that he took pleasure in the trials, infirmities, reproaches, necessities, persecutions, and distresses. Because of his talk with God, he understood that sometimes, what seems bad, has good, and we need to trust God's evaluation above our own.

THIS BESTOWED GRACE IS MEANT TO GIVE VICTORY.

"Infirmities" is from the Greek work "astheneia" which means physical weaknesses or flaws. This probably included the eyesight problem of Paul. Paul was bestowed ‘grace’ that was sufficient to let him endure joyfully this burden.

"Reproaches" is the Greek word "hubris" which means "insults, hurts..." This is like many ministers receive today from so called "saints". If a person has not received these from the religious community, and from the world, they do not have a ministry! The hurts, insults, attacks, and mockings from the world, and even from some in the church, for our infirmities had ‘sufficient grace’ bestowed on Paul. We too need ‘sufficient grace’ bestowed upon us for the attacks.

"Necessities" comes from the Greek word "anagke" which means "distresses" or "needs". We all come to times of need, financial distress, and economic need. This is part of the ministry too. God gives sufficient grace to take us through the financial and physical needs we face.

"Persecutions" comes from the Greek word "diogmos" which means "to drive away" or "to reject". We have been driven away from hypocritical congregations, from those who do not want to hear the truth, and from the blind that resent our "light of truth" that we preach. Paul was chased out of many a town, stoned, hunted, imprisoned, etc. Do not be surprised when congregations reject true ministry! Rejection is rendered void of its power to hurt us, by the ‘sufficient grace’ that is bestowed upon us.

"Distresses" is from the Greek word "stenochoria" and means "anguishings". The above words when experienced will bring great anguish to the sensitive of heart, to those with the heart of a shepherd, and to every minister who has the love of the Lord. The ‘sufficient grace’ from the Lord, bestowed as we seek Him while in the crisis of life, is ample.

Do you glory in your trials? Do you become a "fool in glorying?" Many are fools for politics, for sports teams... etc. Why not be a fool for God, and glory in your troubles, instead of faultfinding God for them!!! You could complain, you could pout, and you could quit God... Some will give up, get mad, or resign from the church... OR - YOU COULD GLORY, AS DID PAUL!!!

EXAMINE SELF

It is wise to EXAMINE ourselves, frequently! We know when we have the persecutions, distresses, etc. Yet, we need to examine whether we are having the ‘sufficient grace’ we need.

II Corinthians 13:5
"Examine yourselves, whether you be in the faith..."

Remember Paul is speaking to the ministry. The word "examine" is the Greek word peiraza" which means "to make full proof, to test, to try..."

Is your faith false? or counterfeit? If we are truly saints of the Lord, we have power... and if we are not truly saints of the Lord, we are reprobates. Some believe they are Christians who are not! Some will someday say: 'Lord, Lord, haven't we cast out devils... etc.' and the Lord will reply: 'I never knew you!'

Some think that church attendance, tithing, denominational accreditation, or some past experience saves them. Paul tells ministers to test their salvation, examine their hearts and minds. The real test of our faith is LOVE. If we do not have love for the brethren, then we are not Christian.

I have seen great men of God go through a trial, lose their love, begin to act on their anger, and step by step become a false prophet! They keep up the pretense of faith and religiousness. Their church attendance rivals anyone's. They carry a big Bible, offer long, pious sounding prayers. Yet, the Lord is on the outside of their church knocking to regain entrance. Other ministers who have discernment will come as a Nathan to David, and try to awaken the dead spirit, but often there is no success.

Do not assume that because you have been saved, sanctified, called, and used of God, you need not to examine yourself often!

PROVE yourself!

II Corinthians 13:5
"Prove your own selves..."

The word for "prove" is "dokimazo" which means "to assay metals, to discern". Assay your life, determine its worth. You may have examined it and found it real, but what is its worth to the Lord. Are you a valuable entry in His plan? Some ministers are so weak, so undisciplined, so barren of fruit, and having so many buried talents that they will need to hang their head at the JUDGMENT SEAT OF CHRIST.

It is possible to assay your life, and to determine its worth. And if you are going to improve, you will need to find what are your deficiencies. Every minister needs to find where there is room for improvement.

Be PERFECT.

II Corinthians 13:11
"Be perfect..."

The Greek word for "perfect" is "katartizo" which means "to adjust, to put in order again, to restore." Now that you have examined and proven yourself, begin to put things back in order again.

The fruit of the Spirit was given at salvation to every Christian. Now, there been many 'rocks' thrown on top of that flowing well in the ministry. Like the wells of Isaac, when they went back to them, they found rocks had been thrown upon the fresh waters below. They needed removed, and then the fresh water was still flow.

Sometimes the love, joy, peace, longsuffering, etc. of our wells has been corrupted and hindered by rocks we have allowed to be put over the flow of fresh water. Begin to perfect your well, and remove the rocks of anger, hatred, bitterness, etc.

Be of GOOD COMFORT.

"Be of good comfort."

The word for "comfort" is "parakaleo" and has the same root as the word "paraclete" which is used for the Comforter, the Holy Spirit. We need the comforting Holy Spirit active in our lives. We need to be in tune with His voice, hearing it every step of the way. Without the Holy Spirit, we cannot have any comfort. And if we did not need Him desperately, the Lord would not have sent Him back from heaven to us. The Spirit is our Teacher, our Comforter, our Advocate, our Guide. He is kept busy in this present world in His work of bestowing grace.

Be of ONE MIND.

"Be of one mind..."

The word used here is "phroneo" which means "the same thing, have no disputes..." It is reminiscent of what Paul said to the Romans:

Romans 12:16
"Be of the same mind one toward another..."

The reason that Paul went on to explain to the Romans was that:
Romans 15:16
"...that ye may with one mind and one mouth glorify God."

This is hard, difficult, and so many have gotten into disputes and given up. There are many disagreements between Christians. These need to be resolved... Only with heretics and those rebellious to attempts to resolve such disputes can we avoid the necessity of resolving disputes.

Live in PEACE.

"Live in peace".

The word for "peace" is "eireneuo" which means "to cultivate a disposition of peace and harmony." We are to seek to be the kind of person that those who have had disputes with us, can, when they have found that they been in error, come to without fear of repudiation. They should know that we are the kind of person who can readily forgive and restore relationship. Peter could come back to Jesus so easily after his three time denial, and others should know that we are like that blessed, forgiving Lord.

Romans 12:18
"If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men."

Hebrews 12:14
"Follow peace with all men, and holiness without which no man shall see the Lord. Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God, lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby many be defiled."

We cannot be forgiven, unless we forgive! We cannot have the peace of God, and be at war with another of His saints. We cannot keep our salvation, and be on the attack against another of His children. Many are defiled with such sin, have lost their salvation, and have destroyed their ministries!

Be friendly.

II Corinthians 13:12
"Greet one another..."

We should be friendly, glad to see each other, and encourage every friendly act with a show of true affection. Positive love needs to be expressed between Christians. We must show and express love to truly have love. If saints withdraw, and shrink back from expressing love and friendship, they will lose such love and friendship.

Do not sin!

II Corinthians 13:7
"Do no evil..."

Paul did not want to return to Corinth to rebuke and to chasten. True ministers of the Lord do not enjoy the rebuking part, and the condemning that sometimes needs to be done. When it does need to be done, its purpose needs to be "edification and not to destruction." (II Cor. 13:10).

The key to avoiding that kind of constructive rebuke, is for each of us to not sin, to do no evil... We as ministers should know the laws of Jesus, and know the dedication needed. We should not pamper evil in our own lives, and condemn it in others. Do not even tolerate the littlest evil in your life.

"A LITTLE LEAVEN, LEAVENS THE WHOLE LUMP."

IF WE DO THOSE THINGS, SUFFICIENT GRACE IS CONSTANTLY BEING BESTOWED UPON US.

We need the bestowment of grace upon us, and to keep this bestowment of sufficient grace is dependent upon doing those things. If we do those things, we will find a ‘peace’ and ‘grace’ on our lives that is sufficient.

"...the God of love and peace shall be with you..."

God's presence, peace, and love is vital to our ministry. Many ministers do not have those things. Their ministry may seem less stressful, less attacked by the devil, and less condemned by the religious world, but they are lacking real ministry. They are lacking the presence of the Lord in their lives. Therefore, the devil is happier, the trials of faith are less, and the people enjoy more the "ear tickling" sermons from the lips of one who has no idea what God wants to have preached...

It involves cost to have the presence of the Lord actively ministering through us. The true ministry is not a primrose path, it is a rocky road. Many will quit true ministry to avoid such hazards as it carries.

Luke 6:26
"Woe unto you, when all men shall speak well of you..."

Christ has not asked us to a ministry that He has not personally walked Himself. We are to take up our cross, and follow Him. We need to "walk worthy" of our Lord! That walk will bring thorns to us. The devil will attack, but we need ‘sufficient grace’ to be bestowed upon us from God.

Upvote 0

murjahel

Senior Veteran
Oct 31, 2005
✟29,367.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
PENTECOSTAL PREACHERS NEED THE HELP OF GOD’S WRITTEN WORD

part 1

We often need the help of God’s angelic ministers, we often need the help of a mate, and we often need the help of co-workers. Also, the many empowerments from the Spirit, into our ministries, enables us to do God’s works in this desperate world. Still, there are more helps we need. We are but dust, we are sinners saved by grace, and the help we need is great. The Written Word of God enables us to feed our weak and frail human spirit, and to cleanse ourselves from defilements of the world.

GOD’S WORD IS PURE.

Psalms 12:6
“The Words of the Lord are pure words, as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.”

The Words of God are pure and clean. They help to clean our lives, our inner selves from the defilements of all else that is about us.

GOD’S WORD IS PROFITABLE.

II Timothy 3:16
“All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.”

Yes, the Word of God is ‘profitable’, it is great for ‘reproof’ of errors we may commit, it is profitable for ‘correction’ of wrongs we stray toward, and it is wonderful ‘instruction’ into Godly living.

GOD’S WORD IS INFALLIBLE.

The Bible contains the mind of God. It is infallible in its original language. Therefore, it is a message we can trust. God is infallible, so His written Word is also infallible. We need to rightly interpret it, we need to correctly translate it from its original language, and we need to be sure our interpretation of it is consistent and harmonious with its entirety.

I Kings 8:56
“... there hath not failed one word of all His good promise, which He promised by the hand of Moses His servant...”

Since the Author is God, the Bible is truthful, for He is Truth. The Bible is an accurate guide, for He is the Way. The Bible is an accurate revelation of the future, for the Author is the Light. The Bible is eternal, speaking to all generations of mankind, for the Author is eternal.

The Author of the Bible is the Creator of the universe.
Genesis 1:1
“In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth...”

The Author of the Bible is the Father of us all.
Acts 17:29
“Forasmuch, then as we are the offspring of God...”

Many question how much of the Bible has suffered from transmission errors of editors and copyists? How much is to be understood literally, figuratively, symbolically, historically, and poetically? If we read, study, and verify the harmonious interpretation of it, it is obvious that One mind inspired the whole of the Bible. The Word of God all harmonizes, and has one central theme.

The Bible is God’s attempt to reach mankind. That makes the Bible to be the rule of faith and rule of conduct. That makes the Bible to be the final authority, for it is from the Divine Mind. It also makes the Bible to be the hope of mankind in their search for God and salvation. It makes the Bible to be the test and standard by which to judge all other writings and things.

MANKIND’S ANSWERS ARE SOURCED FROM THE DEVIL, AND ARE TOTALLY FALLIBLE.

Yet, many to whom we minister always want to be the final authority, and to intellectually decide on their own, what to believe, and decide what is truth.
So mankind often see the Bible as foolish.

I Corinthians 2:14
“But the natural man receives not the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness unto him, neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.”

Many today are challenged by the ‘satanic’ suggestion, that the Bible, today’s passer of the message of God, may not be accurate and truthful. As the devil challenged Eve, with ‘hath God said?’, many today believe that doubt that the Written Word called the Bible is truly ‘God’ saying what we need to know.

The devil went on to say ‘ye shall not surely die...’ (Genesis 3:4) The devil wanted to take the fear of judgment out of the equation.

The devil then said: “ye shall be as gods”. (Genesis 3:5). The gnostic dogma, the new age dogma, the majority of false religions all have this common teaching. It is the ‘man-centered’ philosophy that false religions offer to challenge the Bible’s message. They want converts to look inside themselves for the answers, for the power and wisdom. They do not want mankind to listen and read, accept and believe the message of the Bible, God’s Word. The written Word of God is God’s message to us, who are far from ‘gods’, far from omnipotent, omniscient beings. We need His message for any inner message from our soul will be errant and dooming. Any message from any outside source other than God, is also dooming to our souls. The Written Word of God, is our only hope of right understanding. We need that help.

Every conspiracy of the devil involves the plan to eliminate the idea of the atonement through Jesus’ blood, from the minds of mankind. The Bible which teaches that concept from beginning to end, must therefore be attacked, challenged, ridiculed, and belittled. Yet, the Written Word of God always stands the test!

GOD MIRACULOUSLY PRESERVED THIS ‘HELP’ FOR US.

The Word of God has been preserved. As God preserved Moses in the ark of bulrushes, so the Bible has been protected down through the ages.

One time, during Josiah’s reign, the Written Word of God had been neglected for many years, the original copy of it was lost amidst the piles of trash in the Temple. But, then God had it found, and did not let it continue to be lost.

II Kings 22:8
‘and Hilkiah, the high priest said unto Shaphan, the scribe, I have found the book of the law in the house of the Lord...’

The spiritual power confirmed in miracles and wonders, has made the Bible a book unlike any other.

Mark 16:20
‘And they went forth and preached everywhere. The Lord working with them, and confirming the Word with signs following.”

And therefore, when the original gnostic challenger of the message of the Bible, i.e. Simon the sorcerer, performed his own ‘magic’ wonders, Peter (as early church history confirms) followed him, and showed miracles and wonders of the Lord, in healings, and such... that the crowds could see, that the Word of God preached by Peter was far superior to the heresy of Simon magus. The Word of God has survived the challenges of the past, the present, and will survive the challenges of the future.

All confusion, all apparent contradictions and errors come from mankind, not from the Word of God. The Bible was written by 44 secretaries of the Author, over a span of 1500 years. The Bible claims to be authored by God in I Peter 1:10-11, Revelation 19:10, John 5:39, 46, and Luke 24:7.

The Bible is accurate. There were 25 specific prophecies concerning the betrayal, trial, death and burial of Jesus given over a period between 500 to a 1000 years before it occurred. Yet, Jesus fulfilled all of them in 24 hours.

THE PURPOSE OF THE BIBLE IS UNIQUE.

The written Word of God reveals God and His messages to us.

Hebrews 1:1-2
“God, Who at sundry times, and in divers manners, spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, hath in these last days spoken unto us by His Son, Whom He hath appointed heir of all things, by Whom also He made the worlds.”

God revealed Himself by Jesus, by His deeds and His words. The Bible is the declaration of God about Jesus Who would come, and of His revelation of God’s plan for us would be written.

THEREFORE, THE WRITTEN WORD OF GOD IS A HELP THAT IS ABSOLUTELY MANDATORY FOR US TO HAVE.

II Peter 1:21
“For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man, but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Spirit...”

The prophecies from God of old, were written down, and many of them are contained in the Written Word of God called the Bible. The messages of the Holy Spirit today will harmonize with the Written messages in the Bible. Therefore, we need this ‘help’ from God, so that we can be sure the messages and voices we hear are truly God.

I Corinthians 14:37
“If any man think himself to be a prophet or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord.”

We need to study the Word, and prove from its messages that these truly are the Written Word of God. God challenges us to do so, and any true study of the Word will come to that undeniable conclusion, that God’s Written Word, i.e. the Bible, is His infallible and true message to us.

The Bible is intelligible. We can understand it. The Bible is a ‘revelation’, meant to reveal, not conceal.

Romans 15:4
“...whatsoever things were written afore time, were written for our learning...”

The mysteries of God are no longer to be mysteries. The Bible is God’s attempt to tell mankind what mankind is able to receive. God’s Word does not surpass mankind’s reason. God did not have the Bible written to tease mankind with ‘non-understandable’ truths.

Ephesians 3:4
“Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ.”

WE ARE COMMANDED TO STUDY THIS HELP CALLED THE BIBLE.

II Timothy 2:7, 15
“Consider what I say, and the Lord give thee understanding in all things... study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the Word of God...”

The Bible (rightly understood) is authoritative. We need to beware error, for some things do require a bit of study. But when we correctly have studied and harmonized the message of one part with the totality of the Bible’s truths, then we can trust this authoritative passage.

Some of the Bible is ‘hard to be understood’. Yet, if we learn and are stable in the Lord, the truths will be revealed by the Spirit of God.

II Peter 3:16
“...some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other Scriptures, unto their own destruction.”

Many are unstable in their Christian lives, and these then wrestle with passages, allowing misconception and improper exegesis to bring them to error. Many have stumbled in understanding the real message of the Bible.

Even in Jesus’ first coming, some listened to His message and ignored the truth of what was said.

Matthew 13:14-15
“For the people’s heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed, lest at any time, they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand, and be converted, and I should heal them.”

SUBMIT TO THE WORD OF GOD.

The authority of the Bible demands submission. When God spoke, “Let there be light”... nature responded, and light came. When we read in the Word, study to verify its message, and know that God is commanding us to certain things, we must submit to it, or be judged for our errant decision.

The Bible speaks much of those who do not submit to the teachings of the Word.

Romans 2:6-9
“unto them that are contentious and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation, wrath, tribulation, and anguish”... shall come.

Upvote 0

murjahel

Senior Veteran
Oct 31, 2005
✟29,367.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
THE WORD OF GOD BRINGS LIGHT TO THE DARKNESS OF THIS WORLD, AND WE NEED THAT HELP.

The Bible can be ‘light’ to us, and yet still be ‘darkness’ to many others. We are to live in the light of the Words of God.

Psalms 119:130
“The entrance of Thy words giveth light; it giveth understanding unto the simple.”

This light from the Word of God is to aid us in our working.
John 9:4
“I must work the works of Him that sent Me, while it is day.”

This light aids us in our war against evil and the devil.

Romans 13:12
“...let us put on the armor of light...”

We are to daily walk in the light that comes from God’s Word.

Ephesians 5:8
‘Walk as children of the light...”

We are to witness this light from the Word of God to the rest of the world.

Philippians 2:15
“Shine as lights in the world...”

We are to use the light from the Word of God to enlighten our watching for Jesus to return.

I Thessalonians 5:5-6
“We are not of the night, nor of darkness. Therefore, let us not sleep, as do others, but let us watch and be sober.”

Some who do not use the ‘help’ we call the Bible, are ‘ever learning, but never able to come to knowledge of the truth’ (II Timothy 3:7).

Some others, who think they can just dabble in the Word, will ‘corrupt the Word’ (II Corinthians 2:17), and ‘pervert the gospel’ (Galatians 1:6-8).

There are many who will try to put darkness back on we who study the “light’ of the Word. They ‘lie in wait to deceive’ (Ephesians 4:14), ‘beguile you with enticing words” (Colossians 2:4), ‘spoil you though philosophy ... after the traditions of men’ (Colossians 2:8).

Many, as we notice while walking in the light of the Word of God, will ‘consent not to wholesome words... doting about questions and strifes of words’ (I Timothy 6:3-5). They ‘strive about words to no profit” (II Timothy 2:14-16), ‘teach things which they ought not’ (Titus 1:10-14), and ‘bring in damnable heresies” (II Peter 2:1-3).

God allows people to do any of those things, if they persist. He has sent some prophets, apostles, teachers, etc., to attempt to persuade them from error, but often mankind resist the conviction of the Spirit through their words, and the end result is damnation. As ministers, we have that job of correcting the heresy of the Word of God, teaching mankind to find the Lord, to trust His rightly interpreted Words, and to be ready for His coming. That is a fantastic mission, not an easy one, and we need ‘help’. The Written Word of God is that ‘help’ that we need.

Those who resist our ‘help’ of preaching, teaching the Word, are given over to ‘strong delusion.’

II Thessalonians 2:10-12
“...because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this cause, God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie. That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.”

HOW DO WE USE THIS ‘HELP’ OF THE WRITTEN WORD OF GOD?

1. Receive the Word of God with reverence.

I Thessalonians 2:13
“...when ye received the Word of God, which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is, in truth, the Word of God, which effectually worketh in you that believe.”

Isaiah 66:2
“To this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at My word.”

2. Have a teachable spirit.

I Corinthians 2:14
“The natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness unto him, neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.”

So, to understand, we need to be open to the teachings of the Holy Spirit. We must know Him, as a Person, and be receptive of His teachings.

II Corinthians 4:3-4
“If our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost, in whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds.”

Psalms 25:9
“The meek will He guide in judgment, and the meek He will teach His way.”

3. Be earnest and hungry for the truth.

Apathetic and carefree study is boring and unrewarding. Love truth, be zealous for truth. Do not be satisfied with your current knowledge, want more.

John 3:19
“Light is come into the world, but men loved darkness rather than light...”

What do you love more than Bible study? Work? Recreation? Wealth? Etc.? Lay those things aside, and seek to know God through His Word, as never before.

I Peter 2:1-2
“Laying aside all guile, as newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the Word.”

Psalms 25:14
“The secret of the Lord is with them that fear Him, and He will show them His covenant.”

4. Be patient.

The Word of God is inexhaustible, profound, difficult to find all truth therein. John 5:39 says to ‘search the Scriptures’, and the word ‘search’ denotes labor of a miner who digs and searches the earth for the precious metal, a work that requires patience.

Acts 17:11
“...they received the Word with all readiness of mind, and searched the Scriptures daily.”

Notice, their search was ‘daily’, not once and for all, not finished long ago, but a constant, patient, continuing of study.

5. Begin with the simple, and move toward the complex.

This is how we learned mathematics. We did not start with geometry and calculus. We began with addition, and then subtraction. We progressed to multiplication and then division. We found the further we went, the more there was to learn. The same is found in Bible study. Begin with the simple, and it will be like stepping stones to higher and higher plains of understanding.

John 15:15
“All things that I have heard of My Father, I have made known to you.”

And then later that same hour, Jesus said:
John 16:12
“I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.”

The truths that the Father had Jesus speak, were preparatory for more truth to come. There is no contradiction in those verses, for Jesus had spoken all the things that the Father had told Him to speak, but the Lord knew there would be more truth to discover, when they were prepared for them by the Holy Spirit.

James 1:5,7
“If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God... it shall be given him...”

We need the help of the Written Word of God. It is an available ‘help’, and needs to be used.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

murjahel

Senior Veteran
Oct 31, 2005
✟29,367.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
the Pentecostal preacher has COALS OF FIRE

Fire is a symbol, that can illustrate many truths. It enlightens, it warms, it destroys, it purifies, it judges. Therefore, fire can teach multiple truths from its natures. God chooses to teach us much by typology.

God, Who in His foreknowledge, has always known the plan and revelation of the new covenant with all its details. So, in the Old Testament, He shows in picture form, in types and figures, what would soon come to pass in reality.

Just as a picture of an absent loved one, is treasured and often viewed, while awaiting that one’s return, so a type in the Old Testament, showed the image of what was to someday come in reality. The reality is valuable and revealing of many truths, as a lamb on the altar of burnt offering showed in type the sacrificial nature of Jesus.

When Jesus came, the lamb, though a beautiful picture, is not preferred to the reality of Jesus. Yet, the picture of the lamb, is a beautiful way to teach the reality of Jesus’ nature and work for us. We can view in clearness, His way and manner of approaching the sacrifice He gave for us. Typology should not replace the reality, but should make the reality more clear, more understood.

We miss much if we do not get the groundwork of typology correct. It can also be related to the foundation of a building. To have a good foundation in typology, strengthens the beauty and reality of the structure upon such foundation.

The symbol of fire therefore can teach us much. God offers ‘fire’ to many in the Bible. The message to Isaiah is one time fire is bestowed.

A LIVE COAL OF FIRE

Isaiah 6:5-7 (KJV)
5 Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts.
6 Then flew one of the seraphims unto me, having a live coal in his hand, which he had taken with the tongs from off the altar:
7 And he laid it upon my mouth, and said, Lo, this hath touched thy lips; and thine iniquity is taken away, and thy sin purged.

When Isaiah confessed his uncleanliness in words spoken, a seraphim brought from God a ‘coal of fire’ to put upon Isaiah’s lips. The fire removed the sin of Isaiah, cleansing the filth that had flowed from his lips previously.

Isaiah’s sin was a lip and tongue sin. There is no other member of the body that is easily encouraged to sin.

For instance, David had once proclaimed ‘All men are liars.’ (Psalms 106:2), and unfortunately, at sometime in every life that is quite an unfortunate truth.

Peter had a self assertive tongue. He listened to the Lord’s description of how he would fail the Lord, and Peter proclaimed ‘not I’. That lie was unintentional, but was a prideful, and was blasphemous to assert that Jesus had told an untruth.

Nebuchadnezzar had a proud tongue, and proclaimed ‘Is not this the great Babylon which I built.” (Daniel 4:30)

Paul spoke of the gossiping tongues of some. “And withal they learn to be idle, wandering about from house to house; and not only idle, but tattlers also and busybodies, speaking things which they ought not. (1 Timothy 5:13)

Gideon had a questioning tongue of doubt. “And the angel of the LORD appeared unto him, and said unto him, The LORD is with thee, thou mighty man of valour. And Gideon said unto him, Oh my Lord, if the LORD be with us, why then is all this befallen us? and where be all his miracles which our fathers told us of...?” (Judges 6:12-13)

Jonah had a fiery tongue of temper. “But it displeased Jonah exceedingly, and he was very angry. And he prayed... I fled before unto Tarshish: for I knew that thou art a gracious God,... Therefore now, O LORD, take, I beseech thee, my life from me; for it is better for me to die than to live...” (Jonah 4:1-3)

We are commanded to ‘put off’ the filthy talk from our lives.

Colossians 3:8-10 (KJV)
8 But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth.
9 Lie not one to another
, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds;
10 And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:

Isaiah had probably had filthy words, lying words, blasphemous words, doubting words, angry words, etc. He felt unclean due to the horrible words that had flowed through his lips. It took the fiery coals, to spiritually cleanse his lips so he would be able to be the prophet that God wanted him to become.

We want to be prophetic for the Lord, spokespersons for the Lord in these last days, so that many would come to the Lord. We need a fiery cleansing. What do the fiery coals symbolize?

Fire reveals the presence of the Lord.

Just as fire does many things, good and seemingly bad, so the symbol of fire is mainly a symbol of the presence of God that does all those things.

1. God revealed Himself in the form of a smoking furnace and a burning lamp when He renewed His covenant with Abraham.

Genesis 15:17-18 (KJV)
17 And it came to pass, that, when the sun went down, and it was dark, behold a smoking furnace, and a burning lamp that passed between those pieces.
18 In the same day the LORD made a covenant with Abram, saying, Unto thy seed have I given this land, from the river of Egypt unto the great river, the river Euphrates:

2. The burning bush revealed the presence of God to Moses.

Exodus 3:2 (KJV)
2 And the angel of the LORD appeared unto him in a flame of fire out of the midst of a bush: and he looked, and, behold, the bush burned with fire, and the bush was not consumed.

3. The fire by day over the tabernacle revealed the presence of God leading the children of Israel.

Exodus 13:21-22 (KJV)
21 And the LORD went before them by day in a pillar of a cloud, to lead them the way; and by night in a pillar of fire, to give them light; to go by day and night:
22 He took not away the pillar of the cloud by day, nor the pillar of fire by night, from before the people.

4. On the day of Pentecost, ‘tongues of fire’ came and sat upon all of those who were filled with the Holy Spirit.

Acts 2:3-4 (KJV)
3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.
4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

Sometimes the presence of God reveals His approval.

1. At the Tabernacle, fire showed God’s approval. The fire consumed the offering, and showed that God had approved and had accepted the repentance of the people.

Leviticus 9:24 (KJV)
24 And there came a fire out from before the LORD, and consumed upon the altar the burnt offering and the fat: which when all the people saw, they shouted, and fell on their faces.

2. Fire showed God’s approval of the Temple at its dedication.

2 Chronicles 7:1-3 (KJV)
1 Now when Solomon had made an end of praying, the fire came down from heaven, and consumed the burnt offering and the sacrifices; and the glory of the LORD filled the house.
2 And the priests could not enter into the house of the LORD, because the glory of the LORD had filled the LORD'S house.
3 And when all the children of Israel saw how the fire came down, and the glory of the LORD upon the house, they bowed themselves with their faces to the ground upon the pavement, and worshipped, and praised the LORD, saying, For he is good; for his mercy endureth for ever.

3. Fire on Mt. Carmel showed acceptance of Elijah’s sacrifice.

1 Kings 18:37-38 (KJV)
37 Hear me, O LORD, hear me, that this people may know that thou art the LORD God, and that thou hast turned their heart back again.
38 Then the fire of the LORD fell, and consumed the burnt sacrifice, and the wood, and the stones, and the dust, and licked up the water that was in the trench.

Sometimes the presence of God brings God’s judgment.

1. God’s presence at the site of Sodom and Gomorrah’s sin brought judgment.

Genesis 19:24 (KJV)
24 Then the LORD rained upon Sodom and upon Gomorrah brimstone and fire from the LORD out of heaven;

2. Nadab and Abihu, sons of Aaron offered strange fire on the altar of incense, and fire from God, showing His presence brought judgment.

Leviticus 10:1-2 (KJV)
1 And Nadab and Abihu, the sons of Aaron, took either of them his censer, and put fire therein, and put incense thereon, and offered strange fire before the LORD, which he commanded them not.
2 And there went out fire from the LORD, and devoured them, and they died before the LORD.

Sometimes the presence of God brings testing and purification.

1. Fire purifies as a refiner’s fire purifies the metal.

Malachi 3:1-3 (KJV)
1 Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me: and the Lord, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple, even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, he shall come, saith the LORD of hosts.
2 But who may abide the day of his coming? and who shall stand when he appeareth? for he is like a refiner's fire, and like fullers' soap:
3 And he shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver: and he shall purify the sons of Levi, and purge them as gold and silver, that they may offer unto the LORD an offering in righteousness.

2. As Jesus looked over the seven churches, His eyes were as a ‘flame of fire’ in His work of discussing their purification.

Revelation 1:14-16 (KJV)
14 His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;
15 And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.
16 And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp two-edged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.

Fire purifies the dross of pride. It burns the rags of self-righteousness. Fire burns the leaves of empty profession. The stubble of doubt is burned by God’s fire of purification. The thorns of a prickly temper are burnt by God’s presence in fire. The filth of an unholy life are to be burnt from us. The useless chaff is said to someday be burnt. The roots of bitterness are to be burnt away. Fire is often used to describe the purification process. When God approaches the sinful and unclean, like a fire, He purifies or judges. He prefers to purify.

3. The trial of our faith, done by the presence of the Lord, is done by fire.

1 Peter 1:7 (KJV)
7 That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:

4. God’s presence brings a shaking, a fire of judgment of sin. He consumes sin in His presence.

Hebrews 12:29 (KJV)
29 For our God is a consuming fire.

The presence of God, in our words quoted from God, are like a fire.

1. The words of God were like fire when they His word flowed through Jeremiah’s lips.

Jeremiah 5:14 (KJV)
14 Wherefore thus saith the LORD God of hosts, Because ye speak this word, behold, I will make My words in thy mouth fire, and this people wood, and it shall devour them.

2. Jeremiah confirmed that there was a ‘burning fire’ inside him, demanding to flow out of his lips.

Jeremiah 20:9 (KJV)
9 Then I said, I will not make mention of Him, nor speak any more in His name. But His word was in mine heart as a burning fire shut up in my bones, and I was weary with forbearing, and I could not stay.

The presence of God illuminates, as does a fire.

1. God led Israel by the ‘fire’ over the Tabernacle. We need to be led by the Lord too, and He gives His presence, to lead us thereby.

Psalm 78:14 (KJV)
14 In the daytime also he led them with a cloud, and all the night with a light of fire.

2. Moses’ face was illuminated by the presence of God.

Exodus 34:35 (KJV)
35 And the children of Israel saw the face of Moses, that the skin of Moses' face shone: and Moses put the vail upon his face again, until he went in to speak with him.

3. The presence of the Lord is in the Word of God, for it is His living Word. His Word illuminates us, giving us insight to the why, how, when, of the events of our lives. His Word illuminates with answers and directions.

Psalm 119:105 (KJV)
105 Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

So, what were these burning coals that Isaiah received upon his lips?

The passage says that ‘mine eyes have seen the King’, so the presence of the Lord was there. The presence was accompanied with fire, fire to cleanse the unclean lips of Isaiah.

This fire was God’s approval of Isaiah as chosen to be a prophet for the Lord. He was to receive great visions of God’s messages for all the ages. The fiery coals were showing God’s choice of a vessel, i.e. Isaiah, to bless.

This fire was God’s judgment on the sins of the tongue that Isaiah had committed. God did not approve of the sin, though He approved of the choice of Isaiah for His work. Sin needed judged, but Isaiah received mercy and the calling of God. The purification of the vessel chosen by God was necessary, so that the words that would flow from him would be God’s holy and pure words. The fiery coals typified the purification and judgment of the impure words.

Isaiah was going to be quoting words from God, writing a prophetic book for the ages, and those words would burn then like fire, and down through the ages have continued to burn like fire. The fire upon his lips typified that.

Isaiah was illuminated by those coals of fire, for when God then called for a volunteer, Isaiah jumped for the opportunity to serve this God.

Isaiah 6:7-8 (KJV)
7 And he laid it upon my mouth, and said, Lo, this hath touched thy lips; and thine iniquity is taken away, and thy sin purged.
8 Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me.

The fiery coals, the presence of God brings judgment, purification, approval, and illumination. From that day forward, the words of fire from God’s presence, flowed from Isaiah.

Upvote 0

murjahel

Senior Veteran
Oct 31, 2005
✟29,367.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
CO-WORKERS

Mark 3:14
"And He appointed twelve, that they might be with Him, and that He might send them forth to preach."

Jesus wanted company to be ‘with Him.’ He had so much to teach, to share. He needed to show them how to preach, how to have miraculous events in their ministries. That is also to be noted that Jesus Himself wanted company, wanted to have co-workers for His work.

As startling as it may sound, God does not want to do all His works alone, He wants to have co-workers with Him.

We are not to have a ‘lone ranger’ attitude. We need others. God wants us to recognize our need of others. The Holy Spirit divides the gifts severally as He wills.

1 Corinthians 12:11 (KJV)
11 But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.

This way, no one may think they have it all, can do anything, regardless of what others do. This makes us dependent upon one another. God wants us to have co-workers.

JESUS, IS OUR EXAMPLE.

Jesus first called twelve disciples. He called them for a purpose. He had plans for them. This was not a social club, but a training school. The church (ecclesia, Greek for "called out ones") is a continuation of the calling our of the twelve disciples. We, as the church, do not meet for simply social reasons, but we meet to be trained and prepared by the Lord for a purpose.

Notice the reasons that Jesus called the twelve together:

He called them to be with Him. They saw His love, His mercy, and His sympathy. They observed His suffering, His giving, His mercy. Jesus wanted them to be with Him to see these traits. They listened for nearly three years to His teaching.

He called them to preach the gospel. They had heard His message over and over. Jesus had preached illustrated sermons. He had told of a great harvest. He told them to pray for laborers. He told them to continue His work after He left.

These twelve disciples are someday to have their names graven on the twelve foundations of the New Jerusalem. They will, in that day, be given each a throne from which they will judge the twelve tribes of Israel. They will receive great honor for being the first called to a special group, of co-workers with Jesus, willing to preach the gospel to the world.

Why did Jesus choose only twelve? This is the same number as the number of the twelve tribes of Israel. Israel was a spiritual circumcision, a special people, a peculiar people called forth to take the good news of God to the world. Israel failed when they had been called to be ‘co-workers’ with God, The Lord turned to the "church" to replace their work of Israel. Now the church (ecclesia, "called out ones") carry on the work of Jesus. Now all of us in the church are co-workers with the Lord.

Therefore in the replacement of this ministry of Israel, Jesus dispatched 12 disciples. They, and other co-workers called since that time, are to carry on the labors of Christ.

The first 12 were the firstfruits of the great harvest of co-workers with Jesus in the church age. We, the co-workers of Jesus in this age, are called to "be with Him" and to "preach" the gospel to the world.

Paul in his account to the church at Corinth tells us that the Lord in His choosing, does not choose "many wise, ...many noble..." Rather, the Lord chose the humble, lowly, obscure peasant folk. Jesus chose fishermen, a publican, and a political outlaw. They "left all" to follow Jesus. They found that poverty and lowly station are not hindrances to usefulness.

Jesus did not choose to include in the twelve: Nicodemus, a great Rabbi,
Joseph of Arimathea, a rich and honorable counsel. because they did not sacrifice position, place, and power, while Jesus ministered. The twelve disciples were willing to leave all and follow Jesus.

Jesus meant them to be "apostles", which in the Greek, literally meant, "one sent forth". An apostle is one sent forth as a representative of the one sending them. Jesus wanted these twelve to be the firstfruits of the ones who would represent Him in the church age. Jesus has always planned for Himself to have ‘co-workers’.

WE ARE TO HAVE CO-WORKERS ALSO.

Paul had a co-worked named Barnabas. Later, he traveled with Silas. They were even co-workers when in the prison in Philippi. Moses had Aaron. Elijah had Elisha. Peter and John traveled together to visit Philip at his revival in Samaria.

The Lord sent the 70 disciples out in groups of two. They were to travel together, had rules, sometimes together shook the dust off and left the cities that rejected them.

They had a co-worker. We are to have co-workers too.

CO-WORKERS VARY IN KIND, BUT DO CHANGE.

The twelve apostles, who were of the firstfruits of all apostles, were very different in temperament. Peter was bold, impulsive, and eager. John was thoughtful, quiet. Nathaniel was believing and prayerful... Thomas was skeptical. Matthew was conciliatory. Simon the Zealot was rebellious, angry, and impatient. Jesus chose unusual co-workers.

By being with Jesus, and by being taught by Him, they had changed. The ignorant men became learned men. The unprepared became prepared. The weak became strong. The doubtful and skeptical became believing. The angry and vengeful became loving. The called became sent. The difference was Jesus. He had called, trained, and prepared His co-workers. Then He gave them "authority".

GOD GIVES BESTOWMENTS TO CO-WORKERS.

Matthew 10:1
"He (Jesus) called His twelve disciples to Him and gave them authority..."

Jesus shared His authority with the co-workers. The preceding verses to this bestowment of authority showed Jesus teaching and healing. He then had told His disciples to pray for "laborers", i.e. co-workers for them. Their prayers were then partially answered when Jesus gave them the authority to do the work. Jesus continued after imparting authority to them to tell these twelve to: heal the sick... raise the dead... cleanse the lepers... cast out demons. As they ministered with this authority, Jesus has kept on answering the prayer for co-workers. We are far down the line of co-workers who are also now being given authority in working the work of the Lord, of the disciples, of the many previous co-workers. This commission of authority to co-workers of the ages, continues ‘unto the end of the world.’

Matthew 28:18-20
"And Jesus came and spake unto them saying, All power (Greek = exousia = authority) is given me in heavens and in the earth. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit; Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you, and lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen."

This commission told the disciples to go forth to make more co-workers. Those co-workers do likewise. His authority to call disciples is our authority now. We are called to be disciples and to call forth more co-workers. We are to do the works of Christ.

Matthew 10:7
"...go ... preach, saying 'The kingdom of heaven is at hand...'"

We are still to be preaching the same co-worker message that they did, that the "kingdom of heaven is at hand..." The "kingdom" is nigh, near, and it is so much more so for we the co-workers of these last days. The first twelve co-workers of the Lord had that same message.

WE AND OUR CO-WORKERS CAN BE A BLESSING OR A CURSE.

Matthew 10:11-15
"...if the house is worthy, let your peace come upon it... but if it be not worthy, let your peace return unto you... shake off the dust of your feet... shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrah in the days of judgment, than for that city..."

When we and our co-workers of this day are received in a worthy and cordial way, peace comes to those that treated them hospitably. The rejecters of the disciples of the Lord, will find great judgment. The Lord closely watches how we and our co-workers, are treated. When treated properly, great blessing comes, but when mistreated, God sends great judgment.

When the rejection comes, the co-worker can be there to comfort. When we are accepted, the co-worker can keep us from overconfidence, and pride. The two can be one to lean upon, or to rejoice with.

WE AND OUR CO-WORKERS ARE GIVEN RHEMA WORD TO SPEAK FOR GOD.

Matthew 10:16-20
"Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves (greedy rulers, hypocrites, false prophets)... be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves... beware of men, for they will deliver you up to councils, and they will scourge you in their synagogues... and ye shall be brought before governors and kings for My sake, for a testimony against them, and the gentiles... but when they shall deliver you up, take no thought, how or what ye shall speak; for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak... FOR IT IS NOT YE THAT SPEAK, BUT THE SPIRIT OF YOUR FATHER, WHO IS IN YOU..."

When we witness to, or are challenged by - persecutors, God will tell us what to say. This is speaking forth for the Lord, and not for ourselves. This is called, in the Bible, "RHEMA..." The blessing of rhema is great for us, the saints. It is marvelous to have God's word of rhema to speak in times of challenge and attack. The co-worker will be able to assure and confirm in prayer and Bible discussion that the rhema we speak is truth, or can counsel in love, if we stray from truth.

WE AND OUR CO-WORKERS MAY BE HATED.

Matthew 10:22-23
"...ye shall be hated of all men for My name's sake, but he that endureth to the end shall be saved. But when they persecute you in the city, flee ye to another; for verily, I say unto you, you shall not have gone over the cities of Israel till the Son of man be come..."

Hatred is hard to bear. We need a co-worker who will share in the anguish of having those we minister to, or those of family or neighbors who hate us. We need to have a co-worker or two, who can empathize with us in such times.

Upvote 0

murjahel

Senior Veteran
Oct 31, 2005
✟29,367.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
WORD OF KNOWLEDGE IS GIVEN TO US
AND OUR CO-WORKER.

Matthew 10:26-28
"Fear them not therefore; for there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed, and hid that it shall not be known. What I tell you in darkness, that speak ye in the light, and what ye hear in the ear, that preach ye upon the housetops."

The Lord has promised to reveal things to His disciples. If we sign up with the Lord, we will find Him giving us knowledge when we need it. He reveals facts to ministers to help in counseling. He reveals truths to His disciples to counter the lies inspired by the devil in others. Having a co-worker will mean that when we are indisposed, discouraged and perhaps not hearing the Lord ourselves, we have a co-worker who can. Or, it may be our co-worker is the discouraged, or sick one. Then we can be the one to uplift them with the word from the Lord.

GOD WATCHES OVER US AND OUR CO-WORKERS.

Matthew 10:29-31
"...sparrows ... one shall not fall to the ground without your Father... the very hairs of your head are numbered. Fear ye not therefore, ye are of more value than many sparrows..."

The Lord loves His disciples of all ages. He cares so much for even the sparrows of His creation. Therefore He loves His own disciples so much that He keeps count of the very hairs on their heads. He watches over us, and over our co-workers. We can pray and receive assurance of God’s watching over us, as partners in His work. The co-worker will be able to join with us in prayer. “If two agree on anything...” is a promise encouraging us to have a ‘co-worker.’

ACCEPTANCE OF A CO-WORKER IS REWARDED.

Matthew 10:40-41
"He that receives (dexomai = accepts, approves) you, receives Me, and he that receives Me receives Him that sent Me. He that receives a prophet in the name of a prophet, shall receive a prophet's reward; and he that receives a righteous man shall receive a righteous man's reward..."

God richly blesses those who are accepting of you and your message as a disciple. God blesses you if and when you accept a co-worker.

THE MESSAGES OF US AND OUR CO-WORKERS ARE OFTEN REJECTED

Matthew 11:16-19
"whereunto shall I liken this generation? ...it is like children sitting in the markets and calling to their fellows, saying: 'We have piped unto you, and you have not danced; we have mourned unto you, and you have not lamented.' John came neither eating or drinking, and they say that he hath a devil... The Son of man came eating and drinking and they say: 'Behold, a man gluttonous and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners...' But wisdom is justified of her children..."

We, as co-workers, have a great ministry. We have a wonderful work to do. Our message is beyond (in scope and in greatness) any message of any political group. Some may want to save the whales... the rain forests... the democracy... or whatever... but we, as His co-workers, are in the ministry of Jesus, of saving souls from an eternity of hell. We can bear rejection better, if there is co-worker or two, who will stand with us in acceptance and in faith.

In spite of our great ministry, many will attack us, hate us, reject the message we bring from God. Our co-worker, like Silas to Paul, in the Philippian jail, will stick in there with us.

THE LORD TOLD US HOW TO BE A SERVANT TO OUR CO-WORKER,
AND THEM TO US.

Matthew 11:24-28
"And when the ten heard it, they were moved indignation against the two brethren... And Jesus called and said, You know that... they that are great exercise authority... it shall not be so among you, whosoever, will be great among you, let him be your servant... (diakonos = one who follows orders...)"

We need to humbly do our ministry, and be a servant to our co-worker. They can be a servant to us. As we serve one another, we are in fact serving our Lord Jesus. We are not here to fight over greatness, over position, over our standing in the group. We are to serve one another.
We need to humbly serve the One to Whom we have become a disciple. We do that by serving our co-workers.

The early church is made up of disciples. The disciples of Jesus were the ones Jesus chose to begin the work of the early church. They were the ones, chosen of God to go out and make more co-workers, who were to do the same, and make more and more.

We need to be a co-worker, and to seek to work with other co-workers.

Upvote 0

murjahel

Senior Veteran
Oct 31, 2005
✟29,367.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
WALKING IN FELLOWSHIP
WITH THE LORD
HELPS PENTECOSTAL PREACHERS
TO FACE THE WORLD​

Luke 2:41-50 (KJV)
41 Now his parents went to Jerusalem every year at the feast of the passover.
42 And when he was twelve years old, they went up to Jerusalem after the custom of the feast.
43 And when they had fulfilled the days, as they returned, the child Jesus tarried behind in Jerusalem; and Joseph and his mother knew not of it.
44 But they, supposing him to have been in the company, went a day's journey; and they sought him among their kinsfolk and acquaintance.
45 And when they found him not, they turned back again to Jerusalem, seeking him.
46 And it came to pass, that after three days they found him in the temple, sitting in the midst of the doctors, both hearing them, and asking them questions.
47 And all that heard him were astonished at his understanding and answers.
48 And when they saw him, they were amazed: and his mother said unto him, Son, why hast thou thus dealt with us? behold, thy father and I have sought thee sorrowing.
49 And he said unto them, How is it that ye sought me? wist ye not that I must be about my Father's business?
50 And they understood not the saying which he spake unto them.

AT THE TEMPLE

At 12 years of age, Jesus went to the Temple, and there found some religious scholars (Luke 2:46), and began to discuss with them. Their meeting with Jesus, not understanding even Who He is, and still they were astounded at His teachings. To be in the presence of Jesus, to listen to His message will and does astound all.

The parents did not realize they were missing the presence of Jesus. Too often in our time, we find that some are lacking the presence and close fellowship with the Lord, and do not know it. Some assume His presence and are really not fellowshipping enough to know that He is not near.

Jesus was ‘about His Father’s business’. When we are about the Father’s business, we are in closer fellowship with the Lord. We need to get into the Father’s business more, and be working with Jesus. The nearness of His presence, the sharing of discussion, the revelation of His will, is so much greater when we are ‘about the Father’s business.’

AT NAZARETH...

Later, while at His hometown synagogue, Jesus began to explain things to the congregation. There, as recorded in Luke 4, we see the people were filled with wrath at Jesus, and they ‘rose up to throw Him out of the city, and they led Him to the cliff near the city, to push Him off, and He, passing from the midst of them The word in the Greek for ‘passing through’ is diechromai’ meaning to pierce through, or to depart by walking through.’ When Jesus is rejected, when the meeting is not to fellowship with Him, we find Jesus is suddenly not found in the midst anymore.

The Lord often ‘passes though the midst’ of many today, when there is wrath, anger, disruption in the midst. Jesus wants us to be there to fellowship, to worship Him. Jesus does not meet with those who come for other reasons to a meeting. If we come to church to do contrary to the ways of Jesus, we find that He is not any longer in the midst of those people. To come to church to gossip, to argue, to speak ill of others, etc. we will find that Jesus, miraculously, departs. Many places where some assume they are in the presence of Jesus, He is not there any longer. He has departed. Where some attack His chosen ones, Jesus departs from them.

AT SAMARIA AND GALILEE

Luke 17:11 (KJV)
11 And it came to pass, as he went to Jerusalem, that He passed through the midst of Samaria and Galilee.

Jesus ‘passed through (diechromai) the midst of Samaria and Galilee, on the way to Jerusalem. Many, or most, Samaritans and Galileans had rejected Jesus. So, Jesus pierced through their midst. Jesus has to do this in many churches. He comes to share His presence, but finds that no one has come to honor and worship Him. He pierces through those churches. Many in Galilee wanted Jesus to supply the bread, not be the Bread. (John 6) They want prosperity, they want blessings of earthly substance. Jesus comes to worship services to be a blessing, to share His presence to uplift and strengthen. Those coming for carnal mammon find Jesus has ‘pierced through’ their midst.

ON THE WAY TO EMMAUS

Luke 24:36-39 (KJV)
36 And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.
37 But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit.
38 And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts?
39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

Here, we see the story of the disciples that Jesus had met on the way to Emmaus. He had visited with them, and was not recognized till He blessed their food. They rushed to where the other disciples were hiding, and related to them that they had seen Jesus. While they were relating the story, Jesus appeared in their midst, saying ‘Peace be unto you.” They were fearful, till Jesus showed them that He was not a ‘ghost’ but had hands and feet that could be touched and examined. When they finally realized that they were gathered together, and Jesus was truly in their midst, they were fearful. Many come to church services today, arriving, leaving, and their time in the middle is in fear, for they do not realize that Jesus is truly in the midst.

AT THE SEVEN CHURCHES

Revelation 1:13-16 (KJV)
13 And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.
14 His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;
15 And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.
16 And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp two-edged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.

Here, we see the seven churches shown, and talked to by the Lord. They, not only represent those seven literal churches, but they also represent the church ages to come. Jesus is seen in the midst of the ‘seven candlesticks’. Jesus is always, in every age, in the midst of the churches. He nas never left the church. The church has often left Him, and He has had to depart from their midst, but Jesus never left them.

The last of the seven churches is Laodicea. It is representative of many last day churches. There, at that church, we see Jesus standing at the door, knocking. He is willing to come meet with us, but wants invitation.

Like the Laodiceans, many think they ‘have need of nothing’. They hold church services, and go through the motions, have the sermon, offering, and sing their songs. Yet, Jesus is missing, and no one misses Him.

Surely, many church buildings have pews and pulpits, offering plates and bulletins, sermons and choir songs. Yet, they have not the presence of Jesus. They have not gathered ‘in His name.’ Missing Jesus’ presence, and not even recognizing it, is norm in most church services of today. It is time to recognize that Jesus told us, that if ever we would gather ‘in His name’, He would be with us.

Upvote 0

murjahel

Senior Veteran
Oct 31, 2005
✟29,367.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
AT THE TEMPLE AFTER PENTECOST

Some time after Pentecost, two of the disciples, Peter and John, were going to the Temple. Those in the Temple were not there to meet with Jesus, they were not there ‘in His name’, for they were among the conspirators who had Jesus crucified. Yet, Peter and John went there, and being ‘two’ there ‘in His name’ they came across a lame man begging for money. They said to him, ‘Silver and gold have we none, but such as we have, give I unto you, in the name of Jesus, rise and walk.’ They were having church with Jesus, despite all those there who hated even the name of Jesus mentioned. Yet, even there, Jesus was with them. He was there in power.

People want to have great revival. It is not going to arrive with a great name evangelist. Revival is not a person, a pastor, or a famous person. If you flock to services of a great named person, you are missing so much. If only people would remember, that in every meeting of two or three, there is potential to have Jesus Himself there, the One Whose name is above every name.

Why are some ministers like a corpse? Why are they in fellowship with people, but have no answers for them, for they have lost the close fellowship with the Lord. Likewise, why are some churches like the morgue? The services are dead, the sermons are falling on deaf ears. People come in carnal, leave carnal, and do carnal things in between the coming and going. Some services do not even have 2 or 3 who came to meet Jesus. If they had, Jesus would have come. He would have convicted, and spoken to those hard hearts. They may have rejected Him, but they would have been convicted before they left that place where Jesus was.

Jesus wanted to raise a little girl from the dead, we are shown in the gospels. Before He did so, He asked all but a few to leave the room. Jesus can do more miraculous things, when there are not the carnal and unbelieving in the midst. Many times, the greatest church services are after the most of the crowd has left, when the two, three, or whatever have lingered at the altar, or praying in their pews. There, with the carnal and those who were not seeking Jesus gone, the Lord can move in great power.
Jesus could raise the girl from the dead, when doubters and carnal are gone. Jesus can do great miracles today if we get in a group that truly want Jesus, want Him and Him alone, and have gathered ‘in His name’.

MANY FIND THE PRESENCE OF JESUS IN A SPECIAL WAY

On the Mt of Transfiguration, Jesus took only three with Him. Those three, despite falling asleep, witnessed Moses and Elijah converse with Jesus.

In Gethsemane, Jesus invited a small group of three to tarry with Him. Jesus wanted those who most valued Him, to be with Him.

Jesus still wants to join with those who value Him, seek Him, desire to be with Him. Churches, message boards, and many other places of meetings of Christians have too easily forgotten that Jesus’ presence is a very real promise, if they would gather ‘in His name’.

Miraculously, when two or three gather ‘in His name’, Jesus is there in all His power. What if all the church, not just two or three were in the service to see Jesus.?

HAVING CLOSE FELLOWSHIP WITH THE LORD, MEANS HAVING GREAT REVELATIONS FROM HIM

Just before the big events of passion week, Lazarus took a turn for the worse, and died. Mary and Martha knew that he had longed to see the events of Jesus providing salvation for mankind, and did not expect Jesus to allow Lazarus to die. Four days after the death, when hopes would naturally have long been shed, Jesus arrives and goes to the tomb. Why had all this happened?

For four days, the spirit of Lazarus had been allowed to go to paradise, and there hear more revelations of secrets known there, and share with them there, the news that Jesus was on His way to Jerusalem for the final events of the salvation to be provided. Lazarus was joyful as he viewed paradise, heard more from angels and saints there. He shared what he knew of Jesus.

Mary and Martha suffered and were shaken at his death, but knew that Jesus would soon be the resurrection. When Jesus arrived finally, Martha went to meet Him, for she was a ‘doer’, and wanted to see what Jesus was about to do. Mary was more patient, and sat at home, more patient in her waiting for Jesus. She had been the one who anointed the feet of Jesus, and knew that He was fully aware of death, and of the promised resurrection. Her faith had not subsided in Jesus. The fact of Lazarus death had brought her to the normal mourning for the loss of her beloved brother, but her faith in Jesus was still strong.

John 11:28-29
“called Mary... secretly... He called for thee... as soon as she heard, she arose quickly, and came unto Him...’

The mourning Mary followed Jesus, for she knew some of the secrets from God, shared by Lazarus earlier. She knew that Jesus was more than able to do miracles.

John 11:32
“...she fell down at His feet, saying unto Him, Lord, if Thou had been here, my brother had not died...”

Jesus felt what grief had done to Mary and Martha, and knew that the death that sin brought into this world, would soon be defeated.

John 11:33, 35
“When Jesus saw her weeping, and the Jews also weeping, which came with her, He groaned in the spirit and was troubled... Jesus wept.”

The ‘groaning’ that Jesus did here, is from the Greek word ‘embrimaomai’ meaning ‘to snort as a horse in anger’. Jesus amidst His grief, snorted in anger at what death had been able to do to the ones left behind. Jesus’ anger was at the devil. His weeping was for those left behind by death, their loss and sorrow at being left here in this painful world.

Those in close fellowship with the Lord get to know the Lord’s feelings, His emotions are real for He is real. We do not serve an impersonal, idol like image, we serve and worship a real Person.

Why had God have Lazarus die? There is a reason, and it is shown to us in the Bible. After Jesus told the disciples the reason for Lazarus death, Jesus told them that “our friend, Lazarus, sleepeth, but I go that may awaken him out of sleep...’ (John 11:11).

Jesus told the reason for the 4 day death of Lazarus in John 11:9-10:
“Jesus answered (disciples feared Jesus would be stoned if He went to Bethany so near to Jerusalem) ‘Are there not twelve hours in the day? If any man walk in the day, he stumbleth not, because he seeth the light of this world. But if a man walk in the night, he stumbleth, because there is no light in him.’”

Lazarus had some revelation of Jesus’. To be in darkness, not knowing what is soon to come, can bring a sorrow and darkness that is un-welcomed by any of us. Lazarus had suffered for decades in poor health, and the sickness led to death. The resurrection led to health and ability to spread the light he had been shown when in paradise. He ministered for 30 years after his resurrection. His revelation of God’s secret in paradise during those four days, gave him much light to keep him from stumbling.

God reveals many secrets. He does so, for the joy of sharing the revelation. Yet, another reason exists, for if we walk in too much darkness, not knowing the secrets of God, we can stumble and fail in such darkness. Jesus delayed for four days, in going to resurrect Lazarus. Jesus knew that Lazarus needed those four days in paradise. What a meeting was going on in that place.

We need to fellowship closely with the Lord. The secrets and plans that He reveals to us in our fellowship will make it so that we know what we need to know, and we can feel His emotions about the situation. He can be ‘touched with the feelings of our infirmities.’ This gives us boldness to come to Him.

Hebrews 4:15-16 (KJV)
15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.
16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

When Mary went to ‘anoint’ Jesus, she had obviously been told by the resurrected Lazarus some of what he was told in paradise. She now more fully understood the kind of death Jesus would soon suffer. Jesus said of Lazarus’ death, ‘This sickness is not unto death, but for the glory of God, that the Son of God might be glorified thereby.”

God revealed much to Lazarus during that short time he was dead to this world. In paradise, God was glorified in revealing secrets to Lazarus. Lazarus was less likely to stumble, Mary was less likely to stumble, due to those revelations. The darkness of not knowing is alleviated by the light of the revelations of secrets.

Lazarus had likely wondered why he had to be weak and sickly for years. He was 46 then when he died and visited paradise. He had though, 30 more years of preaching a message of enlightenment, due to the many secrets shared with him by God and by Jesus. At 76, he died again. This time, allowed to go directly to heaven. Enlightened by the secrets of God, several times in his lifetime, he had a fruitful ministry sharing those secrets with others.

The resurrection of Lazarus showed others that Jesus was Lord of life and death. That same resurrection strengthened the faith of the disciples. It caused many to believe in Jesus. This same resurrection instigated many of the chief priests to plot to kill Lazarus, for his revelation of the secrets from God had made this quiet, frail man into a joyful evangelist motivated by the secrets of God that he had learned. The death of Lazarus had given him 4 days talking to Moses and other prophets. He spoke to angels and reveled with them in the events soon to transpire on earth.

Jesus had ‘wept’. His weeping was not for Lazarus, but for the effect of death on those left behind. Jesus wept in Gethsemane for the same reason.

We should desire to be on the receiving end of secrets from God in these last days before Jesus’ second coming. Just as in the days before and during His first coming, God became more and more anxious to reveal secrets, so now, in these last days, before Jesus’ second coming, God is revealing secrets galore.

Have you told God you want to be on the receiving end of those secrets like the shepherds, the wise men, Anna and Simeon, Elisabeth and Zacharias, Peter, James, John, Lazarus, etc, etc? Your ministry will be enlarged and more successful if you tune in to God reveal secrets in our time. There is more to know, and God is anxious to tell us. He cannot wait. He will reveal. Will it be you, or someone else? He is not a respecter of persons, so you have a claim on those secrets.

Since we have a God Who has such reluctance to keep His secrets, we can ask and expect to be shown and told many secrets in these times.

As ministers of the Lord, serving Him, we need to have revelations of His purpose and plan, so that we can do what He wants us to do, and not fail Him. Peter, James, and John had been taken to the mount of transfiguration, and there saw and heard some of what Jesus was talking about to Elijah and Moses. They were speaking of the events soon to occur. Those secrets were shared with Peter, James, and John (at least the ones they stayed awake long enough to hear). If they had listened better, the revelation of those secrets from God, would have helped them better not to stumble. They needed the ‘light’ of those revealed secrets.

We need the ‘light’ of the secrets of God’s plan. We need to have revelation of His purpose and means to achieve His purpose, so that we can fit into His plans effectively.

Man’s whole nature is tainted by sin. The human spirit is darkened (Ephesians 4:17-18, I Cor. 2:14). Man’s soul is debased and inclined to sin
(Jer. 17:9, Eph. 4:11). Man’s body is diseased and bound for death (Romans 7:24). Man’s will is weak and easily misled (Romans 7). Man’s conscience is blunted, deadened, and needs awakened (II Timothy 4:2).
Man’s mind is deceitful (Gen. 6:5-12, Romans 1:17-28). Man is under a judgment of wrath for sin (John 5:28-29, Psalms 130:3, Romans 2:5-12).
Man is a guilty sinner, utterly lost, a child of the devil, and affected by his controls (Luke 19:10, Romans 3:9-23, Ephesians 2:2).

We have left that state of depravity. Now we can come into the very presence of God, and share fellowship with Jesus. It is important that the ministries in this world do just that. The Lord offers the help of being in His very presence.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.