Visit site
✟311,347.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
My mistake then, I looked over your 1st post many times before posting and never read/seen the part about Jesus Christ, God's only begotten son.

My mistake sorry
I think maybe the mixup was that I say “Him” to include the Godhead where maybe I should be more specific as to the Father, Son or Spirit. But then I think the wisdom & Spirit are the same thing and would then use “She” so even more confusing.

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟311,347.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Because the title 'simple faith' was being questioned so much I changed the title to the character of God because that is what I wanted to bring out as THE faith tool.

But I also want to express what I meant by simple faith so I’ll just revert to my blog entry for an attempt at explaining ... hth ... if not maybe it will become clearer ... or not

1. Faith in the reliability of the bible is comparable to someone who has a calculator who's components are said to be infallible yet they have no understanding as to why, compared to a Master Mathematician.
    This is much like a simple faith in the bible as the word of God, with faith in Jesus' finished work, in His death and in His resurrection. And in knowing that gives you the confidence that is unshakable and places you at His throne of grace to supply all your needs. Your salvation is based on that. It's really all that's needed to have a fulfilling relation with Christ when it's minus all the trimmings of religion.

Compare that to the calculations of a master mathematician who understands mathematical problems in order to decipher the universe. Every question is worked out using another means (math/study) so that everything balances out, nothing is left out of the equation.

Everyone must have faith in believing the Word as to the work of God. If somehow faith is shaken then the onus is on that person to prove for themselves what has caused unbelief to creep in. We know Christ helps with us in our unbelief.

So if you no longer have simple faith then the onus is on you, the person who was called in the first place and was given faith to believe. Somehow the Spirit has been quenched.

When verifying counterfeit money it is best to study the authentic to recognize the false. The same is true of verifying the Word. Search the scriptures to see if what is being taught is right. We're all responsible/ accountable and we will all have to give an account.

The New Testament verifies the Old Testament while bringing the shadow to the spiritual in most cases if not all. The Israelites had to learn the basics of what God's law represented, learning in the physical what the spiritual application meant to God Himself. Learning what the shadow represents in both the old and new testaments has great advantage. It teaches what God will hold us accountable for. I'm not talking about studying Levitical law. I mean we need to find cross-references as to what the new testament is actually referring to so as to have correct and reliable interpretation. A reference point from A to B

Preachers today seem to lack the ability to edify with the old and the new to produce sound teaching. It seems like they think that what has proceeded before does not apply to what is or is to come. But that's wrong. Jesus taught differently.

Luke 12:42
    And the Lord said, Who then is that faithful and wise steward, whom his lord shall make ruler over his household, to give them their portion of food at the proper time?

Matthew 13:52
    Then said he unto them, Therefore every scribe which is instructed unto the kingdom of heaven is like unto a man that is an householder, which brings forth out of his treasure things new and old.

We are all responsible so we might as well learn that now or learn it later.

I like to compare Matthew 18:21-35 the Lord taking account of His servants, compared to Luke 16:1-13 the unjust steward and see it as a good indication that some will get prayed into heaven, but probably as a part of the nations. re: Matthew 25. I think there will be a lot of weeping and gnashing of teeth in that area of the prelude to eternity. Specially when they have to take Law 101 all over again before given the decision to choose grace.

So much better to have simple faith in the Lord, but having confronted doubt the only thing there is to do is press on.

Are you being accountable?
Blog entry 2016 Faith in the Reliability of the Bible

Edit to add a thread I had entitled “simple faith” from 2007
Simple Faith

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟311,347.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Healing is typified by Moses, he became the liberator of those he had ruled. Healing is fully represented in Christ, who’s mission and completed work on earth has set the captives free. Isaiah 61, Luke 4:14-21

The Lord has established something new. We must be careful not to miss the Kingdom. Enter in with a spirit of gentleness that doesn’t strike against the King, as did the Jews to their regret Numbers 20:8-11 but rather have the bride’s spirit that cares for all living things. Rebecca and the Camel Test - A Lesson in Giving Isaac is typified by the fulfilled promise of Christ Galatians 4:28

Mankind’s wisdom is so opposed to God’s that the gaining of God’s knowledge IS true overcoming, discerning true from false, and dividing soul from spirit. Hebrews 4:12-15

“The fool is he who has said in his heart “there is no God”.

Perfect knowledge of our need, (which is love and acceptance) and found in meeting with His Perfect Love, has the perfect ability to meet that need, In Him alone, and is found at His throne of His grace. (the meeting of hearts)

When we offer the sacrifice of praise in this place where He alone dwells in the midst of His people, we can know Him with heartfelt connection as we lean into His love, because He is Love. . Psalms 148:13-14,Hebrews 13:15-16, Colossians 3:16

Even if our pride insists on not forgiving ourselves, we must accept His forgiveness when we turn from idols to the Living God, because we each are one of His many children. This wisdom, when believed, is higher than any wisdom found on the earth. It is for His redeemed.

Christ is the wisdom delivered to the people set free after crossing the sea and going into the wilderness, away from Pharoh’s Egypt where we didn’t know what was what. (chaos) Christ is our manna and our wisdom from God for the journey. Exodus 16:15, John 6:32-33, 1 Corinthians 10:3, Colossians 3:16, 1 Corinthians 1:30 Christ has become our Living water John 7:37-39

True wisdom is found in the gentle spirit that is yoked with Christ:
But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without a trace of partiality or hypocrisy. A harvest of righteousness is sown in peace for those who make peace.James 3
Link to a healing thread I did on the Egalitarian forum https:/www.christianforums.com/threads/spiritual-and-emotional-healing.8162709/

Last edited:
Upvote 0

xxkingskidlmxx

He died for you, why not live for Him
Sep 8, 2006
✟15,293.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Wesleyan
Marital Status
Single
The Suffering of God - Wikipedia

a book that takes up classical themes of theology: in each case shows how Israel transformed and subverted the classic themes. his impression is that the question of God has most often been bracketed out, some who regard the issue as settled by conventional formulations, others who presume the question of God as archaic
in each he treats the question as both open and unresolved, in urgent need of contemporary analysis.
in case anyone were to look further than what we have been taught to believe

Upvote 0