Visit site
✟19,940.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I've always believed that if you express the Fruit of the Spirit, such as: patience; self-control; gentleness; faithfulness; goodness and kindness, and major in them, then that is the Character of God.

So,do you express those fruit fully in your life?:)

To that I would add,

Pe 1:8 For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Reactions: Ariel
Upvote 0

Ariel

Servant
Apr 4, 2004
West Texas
✟77,274.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's a great idea!

I have two brand new Bibles, and of course, I am wondering which one to mark up? There's always a bit of trepidation with a new one, eh?

Reverend Vernon McGee used to have a radio program he called the "Bible Bus." I rode that bus just about every day for years when I was a young mother, I loved that dear man so much.

Something he said really helped me. He said if you can't write in your Bible then you should just throw it away. He knew, as I found out, the value of making your Bible your own.

Yes, mark up your Bibles! Write in them, make your own notes, and if God talks to you as you are reading, write it down. My Bibles are all marked up, and the ones I love best are the ones marked up the most. These are very much my own Bibles. I have one in particular I feel I have lived in.

I teach out of that marked up Bible--it's easier for me to find verses. I memorize out of it as well. The color coding helps me remember the pattern of a passage.

In time my Bibles fall apart. So recently I bought a Bible made of high quality paper and bound with top grade leather. It's worth it to me, but I don't teach out of it yet. It needs a little more love:)

Upvote 0

Desperaux

Dec 30, 2008
Mouse Palace, Mousetown
✟1,283.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Reverend Vernon McGee used to have a radio program he called the "Bible Bus." I rode that bus just about every day for years when I was a young mother, I loved that dear man so much.

Something he said really helped me. He said if you can't write in your Bible then you should just throw it away. He knew, as I found out, the value of making your Bible your own.

Yes, mark up your Bibles! Write in them, make your own notes, and if God talks to you as you are reading, write it down. My Bibles are all marked up, and the ones I love best are the ones marked up the most. These are very much my own Bibles. I have one in particular I feel I have lived in.

I teach out of that marked up Bible--it's easier for me to find verses. I memorize out of it as well. The color coding helps me remember the pattern of a passage.

In time my Bibles fall apart. So recently I bought a Bible made of high quality paper and bound with top grade leather. It's worth it to me, but I don't teach out of it yet. It needs a little more love:)

Oh, I remember old Vernon! I DO mark up my bibles! When they fall apart it is hard to give them up. I also still use them at home or if I'm teaching my cell lesson at my place.

All the litfle rhemas (and big ones, too!) are in my well-used bible!

Do I go and rewrite them in my new one? I think not--I expect new rhemas! And I will visit my old bible throughout my lifetime--old friend!

Thanks, Ariel! :sohappy:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ariel

Servant
Apr 4, 2004
West Texas
✟77,274.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God is good, so good, amen!

I use this set of verses when I pray for the lost, even though they may have sinned greatly against the Lord:

Ezekiel 18:32 "...I have no pleasure in the death of the one who dies," says the Lord God. Therefore turn and live!"

Ezekiel 33:11 "Say to them: 'As I live,' says the Lord God, 'I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but that the wicked turn from his way and live. Turn, turn from your evil ways! For why should you die, O house of Israel?'"

Upvote 0

pinetree

Mar 17, 2008
USA
✟13,825.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
God is good, so good, amen!

I use this set of verses when I pray for the lost, even though they may have sinned greatly against the Lord:

Ezekiel 18:32 "...I have no pleasure in the death of the one who dies," says the Lord God. Therefore turn and live!"

Ezekiel 33:11 "Say to them: 'As I live,' says the Lord God, 'I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but that the wicked turn from his way and live. Turn, turn from your evil ways! For why should you die, O house of Israel?'"
yup,and you know what..

When we feel his presence,we then experientially know that there is no condemnation in him!:clap:

This is a great thread!

Upvote 0

Seeking Him

May 19, 2008
USA
✟10,287.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
"For I am meek and lowly of heart"

Jesus's meekness to me, shows how willing He always is to listen to us . To hear hear us when we're going through hard times, as well as communing with us in the good times. He is so easy to approach, so thoughtful of our needs. Though He is the Most High, He condescends to where we are, so desiring to be with us! :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CindyisHis

I am my Beloved's and He is mine.
Jun 28, 2006
seated in heavenly places with Christ Jesus
✟44,598.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
:)

Upvote 0

blmiles

Nov 22, 2006
✟7,662.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Ok here are a few of my favorite verses that I read when I'm going through a tough time:

Genesis 28:15 Behold I am with you and will keep you wherever you go and will bring you back to this place; for I will not leave until I have done what I have spoken to you.

Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the thoughts I think toward you," says the Lord. "Thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope."

Psalm 30:5 For His anger is but for a moment, His favor is for life; weeping may endure for the night, but joy comes in the morning.

God is faithful and has our best interests at heart even when it seems like everything in our lives are going wrong. We can take heart in that eventhough it may be hard for us now, it won't last. Joy will come in the morning!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.