United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
In your lifetime.
For me. Highly unlikely. Probably to do with my age being 60 next year. I'm done changing. That's it. I've found the truth. Praise the Lord ! I'm a cat for life!! Even though I love dogs. :)

Although I currently attend a church that follows Arminian(?)/Wesleyan theology and have made it my home church, the chances of me changing from a Reformed (Protestant and Calvinistic) perspective to another theological perspective within the umbrella of Christianity is highly unlikely.

From a theological standpoint, I adhere to the theological perspective of the Canadian Reformed Churches

I absolutely love the Heidelberg Catechism - With its comfort motif and its warm, personal style, the Catechism soon won the love of the people of God

slide_37.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Friend-of-Jesus

Jul 21, 2017
Alberta
✟45,031.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In your lifetime.
For me. Highly unlikely. Probably to do with my age being 60 next year. I'm done changing. That's it. I've found the truth. Praise the Lord ! I'm a cat for life!! Even though I love dogs. :)

Who knows? Maybe maybe. Never say never.

• Agree
Reactions: timewerx
Upvote 0

Ron Gurley

What U See is What U Get!
Site Supporter
Sep 22, 2015
Baton Rouge, LA
Visit site
✟87,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
  • Informative
Reactions: Godlovesmetwo
Upvote 0

CrystalDragon

Apr 28, 2016
US
✟56,251.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
In your lifetime.

Pretty high tbh. I've been changing mine steadily for the past couple years.

Upvote 0

Korean-American Christian

raised Presbyterian. member of the Nazarene Church
Feb 21, 2017
USA
✟17,856.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
For believers, the permanently indwelling God the Holy Spirit should guide the "changing" of assemblies, if any.

I firmly believe that the Holy Spirit led me to permanently leave the Korean churches here in the United States (mostly Korean Presbyterian churches).

The great majority of the churches that I grew up in are NOT focused on the grace of God and the finished work of our Lord Jesus Christ.

The great majority of the churches that I grew up strongly emphasize/strongly focus on the individual church-goer's effort and performance (performanced-based religion).

Performance-based religion = legalism

ScreenHunter_32 Aug. 07 22.05.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
I don't follow a certain denomination nor will ever change my perspective on Christianity which is to try to live a life according to what Jesus taught us.
I might tweak a few things as my knowledge and faith grows. I'm aiming to feel more relaxed and trusting about the whole process. Not fearful and dogmatic.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,820.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I don't belong to any denomination.

My beliefs are mostly "Johannine". Main scriptures of learning are Johannine books (John, 1,2,3 John).

Also a degree of flexibility around those teachings and very little degree in humanism.

Which means my beliefs can change slightly over time as I come to discover more of the Truth.

Upvote 0

Anguspure

Kaitiaki Peacemakers NZ
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2011
New Zealand
✟125,935.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In your lifetime.
Because I am non-denom, all denoms are mine in Christ Jesus. If something about the denom reflects Him then He is glorified and it is ours.
My viewpoint on Christ Jesus? TBH, because it is a viewpoint of faith, and that He seems to like keeping it this way, and because I am weak and faithless without Him; the chances of me changing my viewpoint are highly likely unless He continues to hold me in His hand.
I am completely at His mercy and grace.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In your lifetime.

I've gone from far left, to far right, and back to far left from experience.
But there is many fold more diversity in any Sunday school class than there is
between denominations. Denominations have standards. Common people are way out there.

Upvote 0

HighCherub

Jul 20, 2017
Richmond, VA
✟4,182.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Here's something interesting with myself and my relationship with Christianity:

My original birth certificate marks me as 'Presbyterian'- I'm the last generation to have that on their BC, they stopped putting religious origin at some point.
(For reference, I''m 29 years old; born in 88)

I don't know if I was baptized as an infant or not- I never saw much of the Presbyterian side of my family, and none at all once I was about 11 years of age.

Nonetheless, I was baptized in a Baptist church about 4 years ago- a church of a friend whose family attended, and now I happen to live near the church the other side of my family attends.
A Baptist church.

Take into account that I am also Calvinistic in my theology without regard to any of those things, and you'll see that I couldn't be convinced of anything contrary- I was predestined to Reformed Christianity :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Phil 1:21

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Had you asked me that question when I was a kid my answer would have been a resounding no. But now I reflect on where I was at that time and where God has led me today, and I say I do not know. Only God knows where He will continue to lead me. It's not my job to plan the trip, but to ride along.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rajni
Upvote 0