✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The focus always remains striving to speak His Word faithfully,
for then our words will be like fire, or a hammer that shatters.

Yes that is true only if we speak His word in love for otherwise satan will find a way to harm people with it instead of convict them.

Ephesians 4:15
Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will grow to become in every respect the mature body of him who is the head, that is, Christ.

• Useful
Reactions: Mr. M
Upvote 0

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Many often ask “why does the Lord allow Satan to try our faith”.
The answer is found in the Lord’s statement made to Peter.

Luke 22:
And the Lord said, Simon, Simon! Indeed, Satan has asked for you,
that he may sift you as wheat.

32 But I have prayed for you, that your faith should not fail; and when you
have returned to Me, strengthen your brethren.

And what is the point of being sifted like wheat? To remove the chaff!
Jeremiah 23:
The prophet who has a dream, let him tell a dream;
And he who has My word, let him speak My word faithfully.
What is the chaff to the wheat? says the Lord.
Is not My word like a fire? says the Lord,
And like a hammer that breaks the rock in pieces?

A true prophet is not concerned with pointing out false prophets
who prophesy their dreams.

Matthew 3:
I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance, but He who is coming after me
is mightier than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with
the Holy Spirit and fire.
His winnowing fan is in His hand, and He will thoroughly clean out His threshing floor,
and gather His wheat into the barn; but He will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.
Tell me more what you understand.

Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟39,243.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
How about you telling me more of what you understand about Peter?
What major improvement did he need to make to be an effective leader?
Maybe James 1:19?
Here is something very important to consider before speaking as an ambassador for Christ:

1 Corinthian 5:
Your boasting is not good. Do you not know that a little leaven leavens the whole lump?
7 Cleanse out the old leaven that you may be a new lump, as you really are unleavened.
For Christ, our Passover lamb, has been sacrificed.
8 Let us therefore celebrate the festival, not with the old leaven, the leaven of malice and evil,
but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.
Thoughts?

Upvote 0

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Here is something very important to consider before speaking as an ambassador for Christ:

1 Corinthian 5:
Your boasting is not good. Do you not know that a little leaven leavens the whole lump?
7 Cleanse out the old leaven that you may be a new lump, as you really are unleavened.
8 Let us therefore celebrate the festival, not with the old leaven, the leaven of malice and evil,
Thoughts?
I prefer you a coherence reply if it is not too much trouble. Not me, second guessing what you are trying to say.

Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟39,243.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I prefer you a coherence reply if it is not too much trouble. Not me, second guessing what you are trying to say.
I have already expressed what I intended in post #1. I have no idea what more you might want
without a more direct question than simply "tell me more". Sorry.

Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟39,243.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I thought you may place your thoughts more coherently to convey what you are trying to say because I still don’t get the main idea. But it is okay. May be others will do better. I am all right.
Was it too much to ask you what being "sifted like wheat" means to you?
You say that the post lacks coherence, but I don't see how asking for more
is an appropriate response either. There are 4 passages from the Bible in post #1 and 4.
You have no thoughts to share from those? I feel like you are badgering me now. Are you sure
it is okay? Maybe this is too much solid food for you. I really don't post much milk these days.

How about you tell me what you understand. Are you sharing, or just critiquing without offering
anything of substance for me to consider. Your way here in not good. You don't get the main idea?
And that is because the Word lacks coherence?
What does Jeremiah's words here mean to you?

Jeremiah 23:
The prophet who has a dream, let him tell a dream;
And he who has My word, let him speak My word faithfully.
What is the chaff to the wheat? says the Lord.
Is not My word like a fire? says the Lord,
And like a hammer that breaks the rock in pieces?
What is Paul teaching with his words here? Are they incoherent to you?
1 Corinthian 5:
Thoughts?
Are you really going to continue to question me, while making no attempt whatsoever
to answer a simple question yourself?

Are you going to continue to be condescending, as if the post doesn't meet an acceptable
standard for you? Next time, just move on, I am not going to indulge your superiority complex.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Was it too much to ask you what being "sifted like wheat" means to you?
You say that the post lacks coherence, but I don't see how asking for more
is an appropriate response either. There are 4 passages from the Bible in post #1 and 4.
You have no thoughts to share from those? I feel like you are badgering me now. Are you sure
it is okay? Maybe this is too much solid food for you. I really don't post much milk these days.

How about you tell me what you understand. Are you sharing, or just critiquing without offering
anything of substance for me to consider. Your way here in not good. You don't get the main idea?
And that is because the Word lacks coherence?
What does Jeremiah's words here mean to you?

What is Paul teaching with his words here? Are they incoherent to you?

Are you really going to continue to question me, while making no attempt whatsoever
to answer a simply question yourself?

Are you going to continue to be condescending, as if the post doesn't meet an acceptable
standard for you? Next time, just move on, I am not going to indulge your superiority complex.
Dear one,
Don’t overthink. Let it rest. I am not here to offend you. I never think myself better than you. If I did ! Why the need for to me ask you to tell me more what you understand.
It is because you may say something deep; I don’t yet fully comprehend your main idea. Don’t be troubled with the word”coherence” that I said; I mean nothing to use that to offend you. Why ? Are we not taught by God to love one another ? Why I want you to hate me. It would be foolish. I said the word “coherence” because you quoted many scripture verses, that I find myself unable to coherently understand. Why? It is because I care what you said. That is why I said the word “ coherent” because I want you to make more simpler for me to understand what you tried to express. It is because I want to be taught. Didn’t we learn all from Christ has spoken to us in His words? When you share something new, I never noticed before. I often commented on that because I appreciate what you quoted and said. Dear one, for this topic, you have said you have elaborated the best way for me to understand. I am all right.

Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟39,243.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Dear one,
Don’t overthink. Let it rest. I am not here to offend you. I never think myself better than you. If I did ! Why the need for to me ask you to tell me more what you understand.
It is because you may say something deep; I don’t yet fully comprehend your main idea. Don’t be troubled with the word”coherence” that I said; I mean nothing to use that to offend you. Why ? Are we not taught by God to love one another ? Why I want you to hate me. It would be foolish. I said the word “coherence” because you quoted many scripture verses, that I find myself unable to coherently understand. Why? It is because I care what you said. That is why I said the word “ coherent” because I want you to make more simpler for me to understand what you tried to express. It is because I want to be taught. Didn’t we learn all from Christ has spoken to us in His words? When you share something new, I never noticed before. I often commented on that because I appreciate what you quoted and said. Dear one, for this topic, you have said you have elaborated the best way for me to understand. I am all right.
Maybe you are being sifted like wheat? :)

• Haha
Reactions: SANTOSO
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

spiritfilledjm

Site Supporter
Apr 15, 2007
Indianapolis, Indiana
✟225,404.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Bible Verses About False Teachers

Here's a pretty good article with a lot of scripture regarding false prophets. One should always warn others about them, but do it from a point of love and grace, not hatred and bitterness.

Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟39,243.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate

Here's a pretty good article with a lot of scripture regarding false prophets. One should always warn others about them, but do it from a point of love and grace, not hatred and bitterness.
Appreciate you. This is one of my favorites. Your basic go no go test!
Deuteronomy 18:
And if you say in your heart, How shall we know the word which
the Lord has not spoken?
22 when a prophet speaks in the name of the Lord,
if the thing does not happen or come to pass, that is the thing
which the Lord has not spoken;
the prophet has spoken it presumptuously;
you shall not be afraid of him.

Upvote 0

topher694

Go Turtle!
Jan 29, 2019
St. Cloud, MN
✟186,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

I'm not saying you are doing this, just pointing it out... There is clearly a time and place for pointing out the false, but focusing on the false can lead to unhealthy things. In fact, the best way to expose the false is to clearly and continually demonstrate the authentic, true and good. ie, let your light shine.

Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟39,243.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I'm not saying you are doing this, just pointing it out... There is clearly a time and place for pointing out the false, but focusing on the false can lead to unhealthy things. In fact, the best way to expose the false is to clearly and continually demonstrate the authentic, true and good. ie, let your light shine.
Rather than seek out those who claim to be prophets, trust the Spirit of the Lord
to speak to you and your group fellowship in accordance with the New Testament.
1 Corinthians 14:
Pursue love, and desire the spiritual, but especially that you may prophesy.
2 For he who speaks in a tongue does not speak to men but to God, for no one understands;
however, in the spirit he speaks mysteries.
3 But he who prophesies speaks edification and exhortation and comfort to men.
4 He who speaks in a tongue edifies himself, but he who prophesies edifies the church.

Upvote 0

topher694

Go Turtle!
Jan 29, 2019
St. Cloud, MN
✟186,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Rather than seek out those who claim to be prophets, trust the Spirit of the Lord
to speak to you and your group fellowship in accordance with the New Testament.
1 Corinthians 14:
Pursue love, and desire the spiritual, but especially that you may prophesy.
2 For he who speaks in a tongue does not speak to men but to God, for no one understands;
however, in the spirit he speaks mysteries.
3 But he who prophesies speaks edification and exhortation and comfort to men.
4 He who speaks in a tongue edifies himself, but he who prophesies edifies the church.
Yeah, it's remarkable how many "experts" on prophecy there are out there who have never prophesied once in their life. Hmmmm, how does that work?

• Haha
Reactions: Mr. M
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟39,243.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
A true prophet is not concerned with pointing out false prophets
who prophesy their dreams.
I should add at this point that removing "the chaff from the wheat', extends beyond
words of prophets, to all believers. Peter, for example, had a habit of speaking presumptuously
in a moment of passion. Thus, one minute he hears, "blessed are you, Simon Bar Jonah", and
in the next instance, "get behind me, Satan". Of course, he ultimately denied the Lord, after being
warned moments after declaring he was ready to follow the Lord to the death. Without getting too
far into it now, if you know the details of the life of David, he often spoke the same way. Are you
familiar with the story of the well at Bethlehem? LOL. Here is what we have been told @SANTOSO

Colossians 4:6 Your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that you may know
how you ought to answer each one.
Ephesians 4:29 Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟39,243.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Luke 22:
And the Lord said, Simon, Simon! Indeed, Satan has asked for you,
that he may sift you as wheat.

32 But I have prayed for you, that your faith should not fail; and when you
have returned to Me, strengthen your brethren.

Jeremiah 15:
Therefore thus says the Lord:
If you return, then I will bring you back;
You shall stand before Me;
If you take out the precious from the vile(chaff),
You shall be as My mouth.
Let them return to you, but you must not return to them.
20 And I will make you to this people a fortified bronze wall;
And they will fight against you,
But they shall not prevail against you;
For I am with you to save you
And deliver you, says the Lord.
21 I will deliver you from the hand of the wicked,
And I will redeem you from the grip of the terrible.

• Informative
Upvote 0