The Center of the Bible

Forgiven48

Mar 2, 2002
Earth
Visit site
✟8,315.00
Faith
Christian
I'm sure some of you have seen this before, but I thought I would post it anyway.

The Center of the Bible

This is pretty strange or odd how it worked out this way.
Even if you are not religious you should read this.
What is the shortest chapter in the Bible?
Answer - Psalms 117
What is the longest chapter in the Bible?
Answer - Psalms 119
Which chapter is in the center of the Bible?
Answer - Psalms 118
Fact: There are 594 chapters before Psalms 118
Fact: There are 594 chapters after Psalms 118
Add these numbers up and you get 1188.
What is the center verse in the Bible?
Answer - Psalms 118:8
Does this verse say something significant about God's perfect
will for our lives?
The next time someone says they would like to find God's perfect
will for their lives and that they want to be in the center of His
will, just send them to the center of His Word!
Psalms 118:8 (NKJV) -- "It is better to trust in the LORD than
to put confidence in man."
Now isn't that odd how this worked out (or was God in the
center of it)?

aaron

Prayer Warrior
Nov 3, 2002
✟17,070.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Ok I am not putting you down or anything and I have seen this before but when the Bible was originally written it didn't have verses. Those were added later so that way man would be able to refer to parts of it and everyone would be able to know what he was talking about. Yes that is interesting how that works out, but really it has no significant meaning.

Upvote 0

Forgiven48

Mar 2, 2002
Earth
Visit site
✟8,315.00
Faith
Christian
Originally posted by aaron
Ok I am not putting you down or anything and I have seen this before but when the Bible was originally written it didn't have verses. Those were added later so that way man would be able to refer to parts of it and everyone would be able to know what he was talking about. Yes that is interesting how that works out, but really it has no significant meaning.

True, but I just thought it was interesting and I would share.

Upvote 0

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Originally posted by aaron
Ok I am not putting you down or anything and I have seen this before but when the Bible was originally written it didn't have verses.

There seems to be a mathmatical precision to the Bible though. It just flows like no other book.

I tried to find 666 in the Bible once. The only place I could find it was in the book of John. There is no other book in the Bible that has 66 verses in chapter 6.

John 6:66 From that time many of His disciples went back and walked with Him no more.

Upvote 0

Forgiven48

Mar 2, 2002
Earth
Visit site
✟8,315.00
Faith
Christian
Originally posted by JohnR7
There seems to be a mathmatical precision to the Bible though. It just flows like no other book.

I tried to find 666 in the Bible once. The only place I could find it was in the book of John. There is no other book in the Bible that has 66 verses in chapter 6.

John 6:66 From that time many of His disciples went back and walked with Him no more.

interesting

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jedi

Knight
Sep 19, 2002
United States
Visit site
✟5,275.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Ok I am not putting you down or anything and I have seen this before but when the Bible was originally written it didn't have verses.

True, however, could this be evidence that God continues to watch over his word, even centuries after the autographs were written? I find it a bit suspicious if the exactness of this entire setup came about merely by accident.

Upvote 0

aaron

Prayer Warrior
Nov 3, 2002
✟17,070.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Originally posted by Jedi
True, however, could this be evidence that God continues to watch over his word, even centuries after the autographs were written? I find it a bit suspicious if the exactness of this entire setup came about merely by accident.

True that is possible, however no one should look at this as the "center" of the bible. It is very cool how it works out just dont think too much of it. It is possible that it happened that way because God wanted it too, but there is no way to be sure.

Upvote 0