Man trying to figure things out
Mar 5, 2014
✟130,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The Caravans aren't going to stop
Thats how economic push/pull factors work. There will always be incentives to move toward or away from countries so long as such economic inequality exists or such corrupt counties exist next to fairer ones.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Huh. What happened to the last one?
Mid terms got over, I believe this one is for 2020? :scratch:
tulc(guesses it's never too soon to start ringing the "CARAVANS ARE COMING!!" bell to try and scare the base into line) :sorry:

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The Bible speaks decisively to this issue. Romans 13:1-2 says: "Obey the government, for God is the One who has put it there. There is no government anywhere that God has not placed in power. So those who refuse to obey the law of the land are refusing to obey God, and punishment will follow."

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,158,400.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,158,400.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Bible speaks decisively to this issue. Romans 13:1-2 says: "Obey the government, for God is the One who has put it there. There is no government anywhere that God has not placed in power. So those who refuse to obey the law of the land are refusing to obey God, and punishment will follow."

We are not to do revolutions, as Paul and Peter instructed the restless in that time, and it's still true now.

But if your government tells you to break God's law, then you need other stories in the Bible for that situation. Daniel wouldn't stop praying. He didn't do an armed rebellion. Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego wouldn't obey the new law to bow to the king, but they didn't lead an an armed rebellion.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,108,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
  • Useful
Reactions: Halbhh
Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

There's that scripture again that magically disappeared during the 8 years of Obama's presidency. It's amazing how relevant this scripture has suddenly become again since Donald Trump was elected.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married

So if the government decreed that I must wear a yellow star so that I can be identified, would you believe I should follow that law?

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And yet again, you lost me at Fox News, Bob.

FOX's file: | PunditFact - PolitiFact

All False statements involving FOX

Blame Fox, not Facebook, for fake news

Poll reveals Fox News as the winner of ‘Fake News Trophy’

Fox News coordinated with White House on false story, lawsuit says

STUDY: Watching Only Fox News Makes You Less Informed Than Watching No News At All

299638_2e533244503a0b5fc2d61b93a1c9cad3.jpg

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,108,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And God in His wisdom gave us a Democratic Republic. A government by the people and for the people. We are the government.

• Agree
Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So if the government decreed that I must wear a yellow star so that I can be identified, would you believe I should follow that law?

I'm not entirely convinced that the evangelical Trump supporters who like to throw out that verse now that Trump is the president actually believe its teaching because there was constant repeating of "Let his days be few and let another take his office" during the eight years of Obama's presidency.

Reactions: JosephZ
Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,426,179.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
...Mexico is stating over 300,000 Central Americans cross through their country last year. You're right, it wont stop until the security situation improves in El Salvador, Guatemala and Honduras. And you would do the same if you were in their shoes.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,683.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Huh. What happened to the last one?
The mid term was over, no need for a distraction anymore. Until now, something about Trump directing his attorney to lie about his involvement with Russia during the campaign.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,683.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I'm going to assume this doesn't apply to people in the government who say the wall is a terrible idea.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,158,400.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

...El Salvador, Honduras, and Guatemala have the highest female homicide rates in the world. Of the four most dangerous countries for women, three are in the Northern Triangle. (The other is South Africa, which narrowly edges out Guatemala for third place.) Rape is used as a weapon of war and punishment. Children are ripped from their parents’ arms and trafficked to profit the gangs. Innocent people routinely face extortion and threats of death if they don’t acquiesce to the demands of some of the most brutal groups found anywhere on earth.

The migrant caravan in the US's fault – Trump has to let them in

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,158,400.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Her family, Angelica says, was targeted by Mexican cartels, already killing her husband,
son,
daughter-in-law,
and three grandchildren.

Getting out of Mexico, she says, is a matter of life or death.

Upvote 0