pmcleanj

Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner
Mar 24, 2004
Alberta, Canada
Visit site
✟7,281.00
Faith
Anglican
If you're finding you can't post here, it's because that force-wall automatically popped up when the Alehouse did the transporter-twinning thing. (Don't worry, everyone ... it's the evil Alehouse that's slowly sinking into the swamp! The good one is right here where I've re-stickied it.)

The automatic splitting process is new, so I don't know for sure, but I was given to understand that when the new thread started, the Christians-Only block would be back. I've emailed Erwin to ask him to take the force-wall back down.

Upvote 0

AveMaria

Anglo-Catholic Tat Queen
Aug 2, 2004
✟19,896.00
Faith
Anglican
Politics
US-Democrat
And I'm sure this incarnation will be even better!

Anyone up for a round of Anglican jokes? I'll start:

Three members of the clergy met up for coffee and one began to complain about the terrible infestation of bats in his church belfry. It quickly became apparent that his colleagues were experiencing similar problems. After some more theological discussion, they finished their lattes and went home.

A week later, they met up again. The Methodist admitted, "I tried getting rid of them - I ever called an exterminator! But they came back!".

The Presbyterian confessed he had gone up into the belltower with a baseball bat, stunned all the bats and tossed them into a cardboard box, then released them in the countryside...but overnight, the bats returned.

The Episcopal priest smiled smugly. "I baptized and confirmed each bat, and I haven't seen a single one since!"

Upvote 0

scraparcs

aka Mayor McCheese
Mar 4, 2002
Massachusetts
✟91,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Erng, I hate to come out of the closet :p, but ever since then, the Holy Spirit did a number on me and wrenched me into the family of God. Can't really say I'm a non-believer anymore, not this time when Christ has freed me from the bondage of sin and I'm no longer fighting the adoption as a child of God. (However, I do still have this bad habit of couching all things religious in religious language ;) )

Now's the time to convince me to become an Anglican (Episcopalian over here in the US, I suppose), hee hee! :p (This time, I'm not insisting on being a Baptist. When compared to the grace and mercy of Christ, denominations just seem so small right now.)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Colabomb

I seek sin like a moth towards flame, save me God.
Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
✟19,125.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Lel said:
Erng, I hate to come out of the closet :p, but ever since then, the Holy Spirit did a number on me and wrenched me into the family of God. Can't really say I'm a non-believer anymore, not this time when Christ has freed me from the bondage of sin and I'm no longer fighting the adoption as a child of God. (However, I do still have this bad habit of couching all things religious in religious language ;) )

Now's the time to convince me to become an Anglican (Episcopalian over here in the US, I suppose), hee hee! :p (This time, I'm not insisting on being a Baptist. When compared to the grace and mercy of Christ, denominations just seem so small right now.)
HALLELUJAH!!!!!

Welcome to the Family!!!!!

Get that Christian symbol up....

Upvote 0

pmcleanj

Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner
Mar 24, 2004
Alberta, Canada
Visit site
✟7,281.00
Faith
Anglican
And with a crackling swooshing noise, once again, the force-wall goes down!
Welcome all non-Christian visitors (with the warning, of course, that hanging around the Alehouse can apparently be hazardous to your non-ness)! I recommend the Big Rock Traditional Ale, or the #10 Downing Street Blend Oolong Tea if you're not an Ale drinker at whatever hour this is where you are, or the WD40 if you're a robot.

Drinks are on the house for Lel! (will we get to be your virtual god-mamas and god-papas?)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.