Manhattan, KS
✟186,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
so for several years I have felt the Lord preparing me and telling me to prepare for a house church ministry. For years I have pressed and felt like my window passed and the Lord moved on to someone else.

Well just within the last two weeks I have felt the call to begin the ministry the Lord has prepared for me. Not only did the call come, but the Holy Spirit was gracious enough to instruct me on how to fulfill this ministry.

I fear by sharing this here I may come across as boasting, but I would like to share my instructions here for consideration and verification if you will.

--No more than 12 adults in a single home group. When the group gets larger than that on a consistent basis, split and make room for more disciples.
--Open with a simple scripture reading followed by a time of prayer & worship
--A member of the group brings a teaching from scripture
--Celebrate the Lord's Supper each meeting with a full course meal. Followed or accompanied by fellowship. I felt like the emphasis was on this point. Honoring the Lord's Body & Blood "as often as we remember"
--Above all else, be spontaneous and do not restrict the Spirit in anything.

Last edited:

frienden thalord

Apr 9, 2017
texas
✟59,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
so for several years I have felt the Lord preparing me and telling me to prepare for a house church ministry. For years I have pressed and felt like my window passed and the Lord moved on to someone else.

Well just within the last two weeks I have felt the call to begin the ministry the Lord has prepared for me. Not only did the call come, but the Holy Spirit was gracious enough to instruct me on how to fulfill this ministry.

I fear by sharing this here I may come across as boasting, but I would like to share my instructions here for consideration and verification if you will.

--No more than 12 adults in a single home group. When the group gets larger than that on a consistent basis, split and make room for more disciples.
--Celebrate the Lord's Supper each meeting with a full course meal. Followed or accompanied by fellowship. I felt like the emphasis was on this point. Honoring t
--Above all else, be spontaneous and do not restrict the Spirit in anything.
This is what we need to be doing asap. their are people not being fed in churches .
My advice , you need also several men well , well versed and studied in the scrips, to really work with those who are not
get them grounded fast, or divisions occur quick.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,559.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
--Celebrate the Lord's Supper each meeting with a full course meal. Followed or accompanied by fellowship.
Above all else, be spontaneous and do not restrict the Spirit in anything
I'm wondering how you are going to achieve a meaningfull message from scripture if you are also depending on someone having a spontaneous message?

Upvote 0

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟186,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm wondering how you are going to achieve a meaningfull message from scripture if you are also depending on someone having a spontaneous message?

Who said anything about a spontaneous message? I said I believe we need to be spontaneous in our meetings. Church services now are too rigid and leave no room for the Spirit to work.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,559.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Who said anything about a spontaneous message? I said I believe we need to be spontaneous in our meetings. Church services now are too rigid and leave no room for the Spirit to work.
Actually you did, or that is how I understood your post.

I'm always amused at the idea that someone cannot spend time studing the bible, thinking and praying about a message and about what hymns and songs to use etc and for that person to be closed to the influence of the holy spirit.

Upvote 0

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟186,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I'm always amused at the idea that someone cannot spend time studing the bible, thinking and praying about a message and about what hymns and songs to use etc and for that person to be closed to the influence of the holy spirit.

you need to reread what I posted because you grossly misunderstood. Not my issue.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟94,492.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I would ask...at what point should ANY
Disciple Not be studying the word prayerfully ?
How is ONE to bring a word as led by the holy spirit .and another an exhortation..another a song all led by the holy spirit
If ONE man is dictating all the preceedings..?
They aren't then free to be led by the spirit but rather stifled from doing so.

Upvote 0

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟186,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How is ONE to bring a word as led by the holy spirit .and another an exhortation..another a song all led by the holy spirit

There will always be a group that wants to make Christianity all about the minister & the teaching than the Spirit. Even house churches are not immune from this.

The one I attended here in Manhattan for a while did no worship, had no corporate times of prayer, had about a 45 minute teaching session and then they ate and drank (including alcohol) for the rest of the evening. The whole focal point was the teaching, just as in churches.

I believe firmly the Spirit wants the focal point to be in ministering, which teaching can be a form of that but it is not to be the center in each and every gathering. Fellowship and community should take precedence. That is where real ministry happens.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟94,492.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Certainly..but not in any pattern set by us.
I've attended enough to know..if all in it are not doing the Gospel.
Then the meeting together will just become “about“ the Gospel.

#Faith without works
#clouds without water

• Winner
Reactions: ByTheSpirit
Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,559.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes we should all be studing the bible, seeking to understand it and learning how to apply its teachings to our lives.

If you read Paul's letters you'll see that he appointed men to lead the worship of the churches they were in.

Upvote 0