Sep 14, 2015
✟10,998.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
My goal and heart's desire is to do what pleases the Lord.
I am a 23 year old follower of Christ, and within my journey of following and coming to know Jesus, many things have been revealed to me. I am constantly learning and growing into the new creation that He has made me to be. For quite some time, I struggled with finding what ministry that the Lord had equipped me for. I began to learn that it is not about finding one specific ministry and that somehow will limit and confine you to just that...rather it is learning the revealed will that God has for each and every one of His children, and then through that He specifically equips us to minister and thrive together as a Body wholly, but we all have different parts. I am thoroughly convinced that one of my talents that the Lord has gifted me with is Art. Art consisting of many different mediums, poetry, painting, drawing, spoken word, photography, film etc. I wholeheartedly want to pursue the call that God has for me to showcase the glory of Him and to highlight the Gospel in my art and work. The goal and mission is to do this to bring souls to Christ, and to continuously nurture them through the love and fulfillment that Christ brings, and to bring edification and Holy Spirit filled encouragement and exhortation to those within the Body of Christ. My goal is to be a vessel that is consistently allowing myself to be used by the Lord.

I write this to only ask for intercession and prayer. I strongly believe in the Lord's power and know first hand the power of prayer of those whom profess and hold to Christ as their Savior and First Love. Thank you! ;);):)

Honoluluwindow

Sep 2, 2016
Hawaii
✟17,283.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am a 23 year old follower of Christ, and within my journey of following and coming to know Jesus, many things have been revealed to me. I am constantly learning and growing into the new creation that He has made me to be. For quite some time, I struggled with finding what ministry that the Lord had equipped me for. I began to learn that it is not about finding one specific ministry and that somehow will limit and confine you to just that...rather it is learning the revealed will that God has for each and every one of His children, and then through that He specifically equips us to minister and thrive together as a Body wholly, but we all have different parts. I am thoroughly convinced that one of my talents that the Lord has gifted me with is Art. Art consisting of many different mediums, poetry, painting, drawing, spoken word, photography, film etc. I wholeheartedly want to pursue the call that God has for me to showcase the glory of Him and to highlight the Gospel in my art and work. The goal and mission is to do this to bring souls to Christ, and to continuously nurture them through the love and fulfillment that Christ brings, and to bring edification and Holy Spirit filled encouragement and exhortation to those within the Body of Christ. My goal is to be a vessel that is consistently allowing myself to be used by the Lord.

I write this to only ask for intercession and prayer. I strongly believe in the Lord's power and know first hand the power of prayer of those whom profess and hold to Christ as their Savior and First Love. Thank you! ;);):)

Art is a talent not a spiritual gift.
The Gifts of the Spirit are a supernatural enabling that God eqquiped you with so that you can help other believers to mature in their walk with Christ.

The way to know what gifts you have been called in is by listening to other believers responding to what you might have said or done that was a blessing in their lives.

Art can be a great influential means of attracting people and can be blessed by God as you honor Him with it but it is your talent and you still need to know what your spiritual gifts are because if you don't use the gifts God gave you, how am I supposed to get better? If I don't use the gifts God gave me then how can you get better?

Upvote 0

jameseb

Smite me, O Mighty Smiter!
Mar 3, 2004
North Little Rock, AR
✟116,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The way to know what gifts you have been called in is by listening to other believers responding to what you might have said or done that was a blessing in their lives.

As she said herself, art is also the spoken word. If it be through art, kind and warm words, or a welcoming smile that a heart is softened and opened to God, I would call it a blessing. :)

Reactions: Kaylaherin
Upvote 0

Greg J.

Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2016
Southeast Michigan
✟233,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God. And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him. (Colossians 3:16-17, 1984 NIV)

And as you use the gifts God has given you for his glory!

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! (Philippians 4:4, 1984 NIV)

Upvote 0

Kaylaherin

Kaylaherin
Sep 14, 2015
✟10,998.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Art is a talent not a spiritual gift.
The Gifts of the Spirit are a supernatural enabling that God eqquiped you with so that you can help other believers to mature in their walk with Christ.

Art can be a great influential means of attracting people and can be blessed by God as you honor Him with it but it is your talent and you still need to know what your spiritual gifts are because if you don't use the gifts God gave you, how am I supposed to get better? If I don't use the gifts God gave me then how can you get better?

I agree that art is not a spiritual gift. However, I am certain that it is a gift given by the Lord that He desires me to use to glorify Him and to use.

Upvote 0

EatingPie

Blueberry!
Mar 31, 2005
Visit site
✟4,703.00
Faith
Christian

I am so glad I read your post. I found it both inspiring and humbling. I can also see your talent as an artist coming through in the ludicidy of your writing.

May God bless you in your ministry!

-Pie

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟794,821.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Art isn't listed in I Cor 12 and that's a tight definition of the term Spiritual Gifts. A broader definition could apply to the first person specifically named in Scripture given 7 Spirits of God named Bezaleel. He was responsible for building the tabernacle and everything in it under Moses' administration and carried out the instructions given to Moses by Yahweh.

"And the Lord spake unto Moses, saying, See, I have called by name Bezaleel the son of Uri, the son of Hur, of the tribe of Judah: And I have filled him with the spirit of God, in wisdom, and in understanding, and in knowledge, and in all manner of workmanship, To devise cunning works, to work in gold, and in silver, and in brass, And in cutting of stones, to set them, and in carving of timber, to work in all manner of workmanship. And I, behold, I have given with him Aholiab, the son of Ahisamach, of the tribe of Dan: and in the hearts of all that are wise hearted I have put wisdom, that they may make all that I have commanded thee;
The tabernacle of the congregation, and the ark of the testimony, and the mercy seat that is thereupon, and all the furniture of the tabernacle,
And the table and his furniture, and the pure candlestick with all his furniture, and the altar of incense,
And the altar of burnt offering with all his furniture, and the laver and his foot,
And the cloths of service, and the holy garments for Aaron the priest, and the garments of his sons, to minister in the priest's office,
And the anointing oil, and sweet incense for the holy place: according to all that I have commanded thee shall they do." Exo 31:1-11 plus many other chapters

"And the spirit of the Lord shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the Lord;" Isa 11:2

Awesome.

Kaylaherin, how wonderful to have this gift and be used by Yeshua.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

“Paisios”

Sinner
Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2014
✟594,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Heavenly Father, I ask your blessing on Kaylaherin, and pray that You might grant her the wisdom to understand how You want her to use her talents to Your glory. Lord, I pray that through her words and images that many of the lost and seeking will be brought to faith in You, and that all who see her artwork will see in it a glimpse of that goodness that makes us all long for You. Guide her, bless her and strengthen her, keeping her safe from all evil that would seek to destroy her. I ask this in Jesus' name.

Philippians 4:8
"8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honorable, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things"

• Winner
Reactions: Kaylaherin
Upvote 0