A. believer

Contributor
Jun 27, 2003
✟22,460.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
The other day, (on Christian radio, no less--KLove), I heard a truly jaw-dropping report. It seems that a half a dozen or so churches were recently burned by an apparent arsonist. Sad, but not particularly surprising. Bad people do bad things, after all. The part that astounded me, though, was how the crimes were interpreted. The announcer noted that, although at least one of the churches was predominantly black, others were made up of predominantly white congregations. The announcer then concluded, seemingly befuddled as to the motive, that the crimes didn't appear to be race related.

Hello! We're looking for a common thread to tie these crimes together and classify them as possible "hate crimes," are we? Hmmm. That's a tough one. Black people, white people--what did these churches and these people have in common? :idea: By George, I think I've got it! They were all evangelical Christians! Wait a minute, though. Reporting "hate crimes" against Christians--especially Evangelical Christians? We can't have that, now, can we? That would fly completely in the face of the politically correct, party-line propaganda. I mean, my goodness, even our president is an Evangelical Christian, and we all know that he and his ilk are the Evil Oppressors, not the victims.

It looks like even KLove Christian radio isn't gonna stir up that pot. I guess it just wouldn't be "positive" and "encouraging" enough.

DeaconDean

γέγονα χαλκὸς, κύμβαλον ἀλαλάζον
Jul 19, 2005
Gastonia N.C. (Piedmont of N.C.)
✟100,334.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
RomanPrincess said:
another sign that Christ is about to return.

Amen sister! I've done a lot of things when I was out in the world, but I would really be scared for my eternal soul if I ever did something to His house.

Upvote 0

A. believer

Contributor
Jun 27, 2003
✟22,460.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
PaladinDoodler said:
All of the churches were not just Evangelical churches, they were also all Baptist churches. I hope and pray that justice is quickly served. :crossrc:

I knew that was the case for four of the churches, but when I later heard the number six quoted, I wasn't sure if that was still the case. But the fact that all the churches were Southern Baptist certainly doesn't detract from my point. The Southern Baptist denomination is often quite outspoken in its denunciation of sin, and without any further information that would indicate otherwise, it seems quite likely to me that this might be the reason for their being chosen as a target.

But ideological terrorists exist within every ideology, whether the ideology is based on "religious" convictions or "anti-religious" convictions. But the anti-Christian mainstream media would have us believe that true Christianity breeds "hate" and that secularism is the cure. And the idea that Christians are being targetted by anti-Christians roundly refutes that ridiculous paradigm. So let's not even suggest it (they insist), despite the facts.

Upvote 0

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟108,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
A. believer said:
I knew that was the case for four of the churches, but when I later heard the number six quoted, I wasn't sure if that was still the case. But the fact that all the churches were Southern Baptist certainly doesn't detract from my point. The Southern Baptist denomination is often quite outspoken in its denunciation of sin, and without any further information that would indicate otherwise, it seems quite likely to me that this might be the reason for their being chosen as a target.

But ideological terrorists exist within every ideology, whether the ideology is based on "religious" convictions or "anti-religious" convictions. But the anti-Christian mainstream media would have us believe that true Christianity breeds "hate" and that secularism is the cure. And the idea that Christians are being targetted by anti-Christians roundly refutes that ridiculous paradigm. So let's not even suggest it (they insist), despite the facts.

Where did you hear that they were Southern Baptist churches? :confused: I only heard that they were Baptist churches. The article I read (on CNN) did not elaborate any further than that they were Baptist churches.

Upvote 0

A. believer

Contributor
Jun 27, 2003
✟22,460.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
PaladinDoodler said:
Where did you hear that they were Southern Baptist churches? :confused: I only heard that they were Baptist churches. The article I read (on CNN) did not elaborate any further than that they were Baptist churches.
I believe K-Love said that the four churches were Southern Baptist. But I later heard it reported from another source (probably Yahoo news) that there were six churches, and it didn't mention denominations, I don't think.

Upvote 0

ShortCircuit

G.R.I.T.S. Girls Raised in The South
Jan 11, 2006
LA - Lower Alabama
✟7,770.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I remember sitting in Sunday School hearing about the persecution of the Christians throughout history and my teacher saying that one day, we could be persecuted as well. That idea was so foriegn at the time......but now:sigh: I am afraid it is a fact.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
B

Birdy_for_Christ

:sigh: It is very sad how brutal Christians were and are persecuted daily here and in other countries and how everyone just seems to turn away from it because they don't want to hear the truth. Like you guys have already said, it is a sign of Christ's return.

Daniel 11:34
While all these persecutions are going on, a little help will arrive, though many who join them will not be sincere.

Be strong all brothers and sisters in Christ who are being persecuted.:prayer:

Revelation 14:12
Let this encourage God's holy people to endure persecution patiently and remain firm to the end, obeying his commands and trusting in Jesus.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.