Visit site
✟18,512.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
This is a profound article about the prevalent thought process in modern culture today.

The Burden of Perverse Assumptions | Challies Dot Com

Today we think nothing of imposing our own understanding on historical texts, interpreting them as we see fit. We think little of original meaning and much of contemporary interpretation. Thus there are feminist readings of literature, gay readings of literature, African-American readings of literature, and so on. Every group, every interest, is free to read history and literature as they see fit. In an age with few absolutes, who can tell anyone else that they are wrong?

Oct 21, 2009
✟17,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0
F

Flower Tender

My parents and others of their generation shamd their boys for certain warm and caring displays of feelings. You would never see any of my brothers wearing pink or even pastel colors. I believe it all-together affected them similarly to what is described in the article, you bet.

My mother's brother saw a gay man beat to death (wasn't that long ago that sort of thing happened with regularity), and ... so I kind of could see some reasons why they might try to repress certain things in their boys... not saying it's right, or good... just saying there are so many reasons why they did it. Add to that we are a military family.... whew!

I do wish some of my brothers could have been raised differently... to benefit their relationship with women.. not just their relationships with men...

I heard - not saying I agree - but I heard that men from this culture have a harder time with Christianity because they have to 'love' Jesus and rely on him... that sort of thing.

Upvote 0

sealacamp

Jun 26, 2008
Fairburn Georgia
✟2,331.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That was an excellent article and sad as well. I have a few close male friends and we hug each other from time to time and have even told each other that we love one another. Not once has anything remotely homosexual come into the picture. It is very sad that some people are so preoccupied by that idea that they can't act on the natural feelings that the Lord has blessed us all with. Satan has undermined much good and is busily trying to pervert this world in every way possible, including Gods people. As was stated in the article it appears to me that we should behave in a way that we know is right and not hide, like Mr. Lincoln and his friend did, from the world. If people choose to project immorality where none exists then that is clearly their problem, what can be done about it?

Sealacamp

Upvote 0