Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Then this should be the end of this ridiculous thread.

No, it shouldn't.

Do you listen to the program?

Have you noticed it has become only about what is wrong with American politics?

That the SBC has moved toward politics, is anti-Trump (for good reason, however)...than Gospel preaching?

That when Al Mohler first started the program it was enlightening, he gave excellent advice on how to think biblically, but now it seems to have slide into following just the NYT.

Could you or anyone else recommend a podcast that isn't so focused on American politics but still places emphasis on renewing our minds, thinking biblically and critically?

I guess there was a lot more to this thread than you first thought. I'm not looking for glib responses but responses from people who actually listen to the program, to see what their insights are. I do not appropriate one liners and testy comebacks.

If this thread is depressing you, then maybe you shouldn't read it anymore...lol

Your in the Lord,

jm

Upvote 0

High Fidelity

Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟905,075.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
I used to listen to it daily but I don't listen to it as often any more.

I still believe it's very insightful and I definitely think there's a place for his content. In my opinion, the fact Trump is so popular with professing Christians that seem to champion him instead of being hesitantly voting for the best of a bad situation is precisely why Mohler's podcast needs to exist.

It seems people have different lenses for viewing different things when really the only lens we should be viewing things through is a Biblical one and I think shows like his help refocus us on that reality.

Other Godly Pastors have spoken out against Trump and peoples' willingness to throw themselves at his feet just because he's a Republican/not Democrat.

As far as other podcasts, I'm not too sure. I'm pretty sure R. C. Sproul had a podcast/radio series actually called Renewing Your Mind or something along those lines.

Other similar media mediums are phone apps and websites.

Grace To You -- Sermons & Articles -- John MacArthur's ministry. (Phone App Available)

One Passion -- Sermons & Articles -- Steven Lawson's ministry. (Phone App Available)

I'll Be Honest -- Sermons & Articles -- Paul Washer's ministry. (Phone App Available)

Ligonier Ministries -- Sermons & Articles -- R. C. Sproul and others ministry. (Phone App Available)

Expositor.FM -- Sermons -- Steven Lawson's ministry but features many preachers, past and present. (Phone App Available)

Reactions: JM
Upvote 0

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟747,424.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
I used to listen to it daily but I don't listen to it as often any more.

I still believe it's very insightful and I definitely think there's a place for his content. In my opinion, the fact Trump is so popular with professing Christians that seem to champion him instead of being hesitantly voting for the best of a bad situation is precisely why Mohler's podcast needs to exist.

It seems people have different lenses for viewing different things when really the only lens we should be viewing things through is a Biblical one and I think shows like his help refocus us on that reality.

Other Godly Pastors have spoken out against Trump and peoples' willingness to throw themselves at his feet just because he's a Republican/not Democrat.

As far as other podcasts, I'm not too sure. I'm pretty sure R. C. Sproul had a podcast/radio series actually called Renewing Your Mind or something along those lines.

Other similar media mediums are phone apps and websites.

Grace To You -- Sermons & Articles -- John MacArthur's ministry. (Phone App Available)

One Passion -- Sermons & Articles -- Steven Lawson's ministry. (Phone App Available)

I'll Be Honest -- Sermons & Articles -- Paul Washer's ministry. (Phone App Available)

Ligonier Ministries -- Sermons & Articles -- R. C. Sproul and others ministry. (Phone App Available)

Expositor.FM -- Sermons -- Steven Lawson's ministry but features many preachers, past and present. (Phone App Available)

Thank you. I've never listened to I'll Be Honest but I'll check it out.

Upvote 0

High Fidelity

Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟905,075.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Thank you. I've never listened to I'll Be Honest but I'll check it out.

Paul Washer is an exceptional preacher but, I dunno, I think sometimes how his tone changes, he tries to sound more profound than he needs to be.

Many preachers are animated and fiery, but it just feels a bit different. Never really understood why lol.

Btw as far as GTY goes, there's a 10-part series I've been working through on the Doctrines of Grace that's really good so far.

You can listen to it online here.

Reactions: JM
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟747,424.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
JM, I hope to send you several cassette tapes of Ferrel Griswold on the London Confession. I will send you a cassette player too if you need one. We sold our home and are moving and I found them while going through some stuff.

Hey brother, I have one cassette player...thanks.

Upvote 0