Auckland
✟379,628.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sure ... but the Holy Spirit belongs to God .... not to humans. It is HIS spirit working in the hearts of mankind ... and always has been ... will always be until His return ... or until a person's earthly death .... because the dead know nothing.

The breath of life ... is simply that allows us earthly life as long as we have it. If not, then wall go to the grave and sleep a dormant sleep and will rise either in the 1st or 2nd resurrection.

The Holy Spirit is of God and works in the heart until the breath of life leaves us (earthly death) ... or one chooses to totally ignore it. His Spirit is active, unless He decides to remove it .... one way or another.

Mmmm... Well I believe that the indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit was not experienced by any human until the New Covenant as Jeremiah and Ezekiel prophesied...

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟379,628.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I agree. But we know the body is the temple that the Holy Spirit indwells. So I asked myself where in our body does the Holy Spirit dwell? Scripture says the Holy Spirit helps our human spirit. So, where in the body dwells our human spirit? The Greek for spirit is pneuma from which we get pneumonia which is a lung sickness that interferes with physical breathing. So doesn't it make sense that the spirit resides in the lungs? I am just asking. What do you think?

The author who has written in depth about this is Watchman Nee.

The main issue is the the Holy Spirit does commune with out human spirit within our soul.

As Ecc 3:11 says we have eternity within us, and that is where the Holy Spirit dwells - a timeless place where no demonic entity has access.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,402,918.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The author who has written in depth about this is Watchman Nee.

The main issue is the the Holy Spirit does commune with out human spirit within our soul.

As Ecc 3:11 says we have eternity within us, and that is where the Holy Spirit dwells - a timeless place where no demonic entity has access.
I have some of his devotionals. Which of Nee's books teach on this?

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟719,625.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Mmmm... Well I believe that the indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit was not experienced by any human until the New Covenant as Jeremiah and Ezekiel prophesied...

Genesis 6:3, NIV: "Then the LORD said, 'My Spirit will not contend with humans forever, for they are mortal; their days will be a hundred and twenty years.'"

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟903,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Interesting thought - do you believe Adam was indwelled with the Holy Spirit?
Yes I do. He walked with God in Eden until the fall. I'm actually amazed how many Christians dont see that. May be interesting to start a post on that subject, if you like.

Upvote 0

Sunshinee777

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2020
Finland
✟168,856.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Not sure about what you’re talking about but all I need to say is:

Genesis 2:7

“And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.”

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟379,628.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟379,628.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes I do. He walked with God in Eden until the fall. I'm actually amazed how many Christians dont see that. May be interesting to start a post on that subject, if you like.

Sure...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,402,918.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Can you suggest a scripture that confirms this?
Well, Adam lost all of the atributes that made him like God, especially he lost the Holy Spirit. Scripture does not come out and say it pointedly.But mankind's Holy nature was replaced with the sin nature when he sinned. This is what caused the unregenerated or plexus state that mankind is in until he is born again. Jesus taught Nicodemus that you must be born again of the Spirit.
John 3: 1 There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews:

2 The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.

3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?

5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

Why do you equate walking with God in Eden with being filled with the Holy Spirit? The Holy Spirit wasn't given to humankind prior to the crucifixion.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,402,918.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Why do you equate walking with God in Eden with being filled with the Holy Spirit? The Holy Spirit wasn't given to humankind prior to the crucifixion.
Think prior to Adam's fall in the garden. Remember Adam had the very image of God prior to his sin in the Garden. I know it is hard to envision man looking just like God prior to the fall. But Adam and God were just alike. Man became mortal when he sinned.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟903,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Holy Spirit is God. He walked with Adam in Eden before the fall. They had a perfect relationship with nothing to seperate them. Then the fall came and God no longer walked with Adam. His Holy Spirit left only to come upon a few until the restoration through our Lord, Jesus Christ of Nazareth.

Upvote 0