• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.

The Book of Zephaniah! verse by verse...

Discussion in 'Bible and Book Games' started by kerrylee, Jun 26, 2006.

1. bgoddenia

bgoddenia A Believer In J.C

+512
    Pentecostal
    Engaged
    US-Democrat
    [​IMG]
    Zephaniah 2:2 before the appointed time arrives and that day sweeps on like chaff, before the fierce anger of the LORD comes upon you before the day of the LORD's wrath comes upon you.

2. Glenda

Glenda More, Lord.. More of You..

+4,176
    Word of Faith
    Married
    US-Others
    Zep 2:3 Seek Jehovah, all the meek of the earth who have done His justice; seek righteousness; seek meekness. It may be you shall be hidden in the day of the anger of Jehovah.

3. Glenda

+4,176
    Word of Faith
    Married
    US-Others
    Zep 2:4 For Gaza shall be forsaken, and Ashkelon a ruin. They shall drive Ashdod out at the noonday, and Ekron shall be rooted up.

4. doc329

doc329 In His Service Supporter

+33,564
    Christian
    Widowed
    US-Republican
    Zephaniah 2:5 (KJV) Woe unto the inhabitants of the sea coast, the nation of the Cherethites! the word of the LORD is against you; O Canaan, the land of the Philistines, I will even destroy thee, that there shall be no inhabitant.

5. barb754

barb754 Believer

+31,146
    Protestant
    Married
    Zephaniah 2:6 (KJV) And the sea coast shall be dwellings and cottages for shepherds, and folds for flocks.

6. bgoddenia

+512
    Pentecostal
    Engaged
    US-Democrat
    Zephaniah 2:7 It will belong to the remnant of the house of Judah;there they will find pasture. In the evening they will lie down in the houses of Ashkelon. The LORD their God will care for them;he will restore their fortunes.

7. doc329

+33,564
    Christian
    Widowed
    US-Republican
    Zephaniah 2:8 (KJV) I have heard the reproach of Moab, and the revilings of the children of Ammon, whereby they have reproached my people, and magnified themselves against their border.

8. Glenda

+4,176
    Word of Faith
    Married
    US-Others
    Zep 2:9 Therefore, as I live, declares Jehovah of Hosts, the God of Israel, surely Moab shall be as Sodom, and the sons of Ammon like Gomorrah, a possession of nettles, and a pit of salt, and a ruin forever. The remnant of My people shall plunder them, and the rest of the nation shall possess them.

9. doc329

+33,564
    Christian
    Widowed
    US-Republican
    Zephaniah 2:10 (KJV) This shall they have for their pride, because they have reproached and magnified themselves against the people of the LORD of hosts.

10. barb754

barb754 Believer

+31,146
    Protestant
    Married
    Zephaniah 2:11 (KJV) The LORD will be terrible unto them: for he will famish all the gods of the earth; and men shall worship him, every one from his place, even all the isles of the heathen.

11. doc329

+33,564
    Christian
    Widowed
    US-Republican
    Zephaniah 2:12 (KJV) Ye Ethiopians also, ye shall be slain by my sword.

12. Glenda

+4,176
    Word of Faith
    Married
    US-Others
    Zep 2:13 And he will stretch out his hand against the north, and destroy Assyria; and will make Nineveh a desolation, and dry like a wilderness.

13. barb754

barb754 Believer

+31,146
    Protestant
    Married
    Zephaniah 2:14 (KJV) And flocks shall lie down in the midst of her, all the beasts of the nations: both the cormorant and the bittern shall lodge in the upper lintels of it; their voice shall sing in the windows; desolation shall be in the thresholds: for he shall uncover the cedar work.

14. doc329

+33,564
    Christian
    Widowed
    US-Republican
    Zephaniah 2:15 (KJV) This is the rejoicing city that dwelt carelessly, that said in her heart, I am, and there is none beside me: how is she become a desolation, a place for beasts to lie down in! every one that passeth by her shall hiss, and wag his hand.

15. bgoddenia

+512
    Pentecostal
    Engaged
    US-Democrat
    Zephaniah 3:1Woe to the city of oppressors, rebellious and defiled!

16. barb754

barb754 Believer

+31,146
    Protestant
    Married
    Zephaniah 3:2 (KJV) She obeyed not the voice; she received not correction; she trusted not in the LORD; she drew not near to her God.

17. Glenda

+4,176
    Word of Faith
    Married
    US-Others
    Zep 3:3 Her princes within her are roaring lions; her judges are evening wolves; they gnaw not the bones till the morrow.

18. doc329

+33,564
    Christian
    Widowed
    US-Republican
    Zephaniah 3:4 (KJV) Her prophets are light and treacherous persons: her priests have polluted the sanctuary, they have done violence to the law.

19. barb754

barb754 Believer

+31,146
    Protestant
    Married
    Zephaniah 3:5 (KJV) The just LORD is in the midst thereof; he will not do iniquity: every morning doth he bring his judgment to light, he faileth not; but the unjust knoweth no shame.

20. doc329

+33,564
    Christian
    Widowed
    US-Republican
    Zephaniah 3:6 (KJV) I have cut off the nations: their towers are desolate; I made their streets waste, that none passeth by: their cities are destroyed, so that there is no man, that there is none inhabitant.