The Book of Revelation: Regardless of what you think is going on, this is what is really going on...

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,666,533.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
*You are in the Catholic forum*

Msgr. Charles Pope

In daily Mass we are currently reading selections from the Book of Revelation- not a bad choice as the end of the liturgical year swiftly approaches. While many suppose that the Book of Revelation is merely about the end of the world, it is about far more; it is also about what is happening right now. It was not written only for the end of the ages but for all ages...

Continued below.
http://blog.adw.org/2018/11/pulling-back-veil-overview-book-revelation/

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,236,760.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
*You are in the Catholic forum*

Msgr. Charles Pope

In daily Mass we are currently reading selections from the Book of Revelation- not a bad choice as the end of the liturgical year swiftly approaches. While many suppose that the Book of Revelation is merely about the end of the world, it is about far more; it is also about what is happening right now. It was not written only for the end of the ages but for all ages...

Continued below.
http://blog.adw.org/2018/11/pulling-back-veil-overview-book-revelation/
Great article. And yet the current situation does make it seem that it is written for us and very soon. I know about all the predictions of the end days have proved false so far. But it does seem apocalyptic out there. As the article states, it is time to get off the fence and commit to following the Lord, because Satan even owns the fence.

Upvote 0

StevenMerten

I Love You, God!
Dec 27, 2005
Lynnwood, WA
Visit site
✟69,502.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I commented at the site.

Hello Msgr. Pope,
I see the Book of Revelation as Jesus Second Coming to unite Himself to His Bride, the Catholic Church, on earth, in a new and spectacular way. Also Jesus is Coming to Rule the world with and through His Church, the Catholic Church, for tens of thousands of years into the future. I do not see the Apocalypse as the end of time.

What do you think of Jesus’ ‘Divine Mercy’, through St. Faustina? I think the angels of Revelation 7, placing ‘God’s seal’ on the forehead of the ‘Elect’, are Catholic Priests absolving the Elect of their sins, through Christ’s Sacraments of Reconciliation and Baptism, in Jesus’ ‘Divine Mercy’ gifts. We are currently in the Rev 7 stage of the Apocalypse. It is time to suit up, in Jesus gift of His Divine Mercy garment, to get married to Jesus!

What do you think?

Revelation 7
‘Do not damage the land or the sea or the trees until we put the seal on the foreheads of the servants of our God.’ I heard the number of those who had been marked with the seal, one hundred and forty-four thousand marked from every tribe of the Israelites:…
…Then one of the elders spoke up and said to me, ‘Who are these wearing white robes, and where did they come from?’ I said to him, ‘My lord, you are the one who knows.’ He said to me, ‘These are the ones who have survived the time of great distress; they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb’.

JESUS, THE DIVINE MERCY by St.Faustina

Write down these words, My daughter. Speak to the world about My mercy; let all mankind recognize My unfathomable mercy. It is a sign for the end times; after it will come the day of justice.(Diary – Divine Mercy in My Soul, 848)

If they will not adore My mercy, they will perish for all eternity. Secretary of My mercy, write, tell souls about this great mercy of Mine, because the awful day, the day of My justice, is near. (965)

“I desire that the first Sunday after Easter be the Feast of Mercy.
Ask of my faithful servant [Father Sopocko] that, on this day, he tell the whole world of My great mercy; that whoever approaches the Fount of Life on this day will be granted complete remission of sins and punishment.” (299, 300)

“I desire that the Feast of Mercy be a refuge and shelter for all souls, and especially for poor sinners. On that day the very depths of My tender mercy are open. I pour out a whole ocean of graces upon those souls who approach the fount of My mercy. The soul that will go to Confession and receive Holy Communion shall obtain complete forgiveness of sins and punishment. On that day all the divine floodgates through which grace flow are opened. Let no soul fear to draw near to Me, even though its sins be as scarlet.” (699)

He who refuses to pass through the door of My mercy must pass through the door of My justice… (1146) Today I heard a voice in my soul: Oh, if sinners knew My mercy, they would not perish in such great numbers. Tell sinful souls not to be afraid to approach Me; speak to them of My great mercy.

Oh, how miserable are those who do not take advantage of the miracle of God’s mercy! You will call out in vain, but it will be too late. (1448)

Tell sinners that no one shall escape My Hand; if they run away from My Merciful Heart, they will fall into My Just Hands. (1728)

The Blessed Virgin Mary :

… you have to speak to the world about His great mercy and prepare the world for the Second Coming of Him who will come, not as a merciful Savior, but as a just Judge. Oh, how terrible is that day! Determined is the day of justice, the day of divine wrath. The angels tremble before it. Speak to souls about this great mercy while it is still the time for [granting] mercy. If you keep silent now, you will be answering for a great number of souls on that terrible day. … (635)

Revelation 19:6
Then I heard something like the sound of a great multitude or the sound of rushing water or mighty peals of thunder, as they said: “Alleluia! The Lord has established his reign, (our) God, the almighty. Let us rejoice and be glad and give him glory. For the wedding day of the Lamb has come, his bride has made herself ready. She was allowed to wear a bright, clean linen garment.”

Matthew 22 The Wedding Banquet
But when the king came in to meet the guests he saw a man there not dressed in a wedding garment. He said to him, ‘My friend, how is it that you came in here without a wedding garment?’ But he was reduced to silence. Then the king said to his attendants, ‘Bind his hands and feet, and cast him into the darkness outside, where there will be wailing and grinding of teeth.’

Last edited:
Upvote 0

StevenMerten

I Love You, God!
Dec 27, 2005
Lynnwood, WA
Visit site
✟69,502.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Great article. And yet the current situation does make it seem that it is written for us and very soon. I know about all the predictions of the end days have proved false so far. But it does seem apocalyptic out there. As the article states, it is time to get off the fence and commit to following the Lord, because Satan even owns the fence.

Hello Chevy,
What do you think of my comparison of, the Rev 7 angels placing God's seal on the foreheads of the Elect, to priests preparing the Church for Jesus Second Coming, through Jesus' Divine Mercy gifts, initiated in the year 2000? Does this not look apocalyptic?

Jesus says that He is going to preform a second Exodus (Luke 9) . As the Israelite's, those with lambs blood on their door posts, were past over (Passover), so will Catholics, washed in the Blood of the Lamb, through Jesus' Catholic gifts of Divine Mercy, be past over (Passover 2), upon Jesus Second Coming. Those Catholics, who have had Catholic priests put God's seal upon them through Jesus' recent gifts of Divine Mercy, will pass through the Woes of Revelation unharmed, just as the Israelites past through the Woes God poured out on Egypt, during Exodus 1, unharmed.

Luke 9:28 The Transfiguration of Jesus.
About eight days after he said this, he took Peter, John, and James and went up the mountain to pray. While he was praying his face changed in appearance and his clothing became dazzling white. And behold, two men were conversing with him, Moses and Elijah, who appeared in glory and spoke of his exodus that he was going to accomplish in Jerusalem. Peter and his companions had been overcome by sleep, but becoming fully awake, they saw his glory and the two men standing with him.

Matthew 22 The Wedding Banquet
But when the king came in to meet the guests he saw a man there not dressed in a wedding garment. He said to him, ‘My friend, how is it that you came in here without a wedding garment?’ But he was reduced to silence. Then the king said to his attendants, ‘Bind his hands and feet, and cast him into the darkness outside, where there will be wailing and grinding of teeth.’

Revelation 7
‘Do not damage the land or the sea or the trees until we put the seal on the foreheads of the servants of our God.’ I heard the number of those who had been marked with the seal, one hundred and forty-four thousand marked from every tribe of the Israelites:…
…Then one of the elders spoke up and said to me, ‘Who are these wearing white robes, and where did they come from?’ I said to him, ‘My lord, you are the one who knows.’ He said to me, ‘These are the ones who have survived the time of great distress; they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb’.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

StevenMerten

I Love You, God!
Dec 27, 2005
Lynnwood, WA
Visit site
✟69,502.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Oh! And Chevy,
The Blessed Mother, all stressed out, and telling us that Jesus and the Father are Coming to smash the world to pieces, Now that looks Apocalyptic!

JESUS, THE DIVINE MERCY by St.Faustina

The Blessed Virgin Mary :

… you have to speak to the world about His great mercy and prepare the world for the Second Coming of Him who will come, not as a merciful Savior, but as a just Judge. Oh, how terrible is that day! Determined is the day of justice, the day of divine wrath. The angels tremble before it. Speak to souls about this great mercy while it is still the time for [granting] mercy. If you keep silent now, you will be answering for a great number of souls on that terrible day. … (635)

Write down these words, My daughter. Speak to the world about My mercy; let all mankind recognize My unfathomable mercy. It is a sign for the end times; after it will come the day of justice. (848)

www.DivineMercy.com

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,236,760.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Hello Chevy,
What do you think of my comparison of, the Rev 7 angels placing God's seal on the foreheads of the Elect, to priests preparing the Church for Jesus Second Coming, through Jesus' Divine Mercy gifts, initiated in the year 2000? Does this not look apocalyptic?
I tend to be cautious about specifics while trying for a general readiness. Nobody knows the day nor the hour. At the same time when you see the buds swell on the tree you know it will be soon.

Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

Unchanging Deposit of Faith, Traditional Catholic
May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I tend to be cautious about specifics while trying for a general readiness. Nobody knows the day nor the hour. At the same time when you see the buds swell on the tree you know it will be soon.
There are Bible passages that I think suggest it will be in the third millennium.

Upvote 0

StevenMerten

I Love You, God!
Dec 27, 2005
Lynnwood, WA
Visit site
✟69,502.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Hello Chevy,
Jesus tells us that no one knows the day of His Second Coming, as like no one knew the day of wrath in Noah and Lot's day.

Well, the survivors, Noah and Lot, knew the day of God's Wrath. Yes, the whole world is going to be caught off guard when God's Wrath hits, upon Jesus' Second Coming. Well everyone, accept those who trust in Jesus and the Blessed Mother, who, through locutions and apparitions, have told us exactly what to do, now, to survive Jesus' impending Second Coming.

Luke 17:26
As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be in the days of the Son of Man; they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage up to the day that Noah entered the ark, and the flood came and destroyed them all. Similarly, as it was in the days of Lot: they were eating, drinking, buying, selling, planting, building; on the day when Lot left Sodom, fire and brimstone rained from the sky to destroy them all. So it will be on the day the Son of Man is revealed.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,236,760.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

StevenMerten

I Love You, God!
Dec 27, 2005
Lynnwood, WA
Visit site
✟69,502.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Does everyone here agree that Revelation is, the end of an age, and not the end of, free willed man on earth, time? The New Jerusalem, at the end of the Book of Revelation, is God fulfilling His Promise to Restore Israel on earth. The whole Book of Revelation is centered on Jesus enthronement as King and Ruler, on earth.

Are we in agreement on this.

Revelation 10:7
At the time when you hear the seventh angel blow his trumpet , the mysterious plan of God shall be fulfilled, as he promised to his servants the prophets.

Revelation 11:15
Then the seventh angel blew his trumpet. There were loud voices in heaven, saying, 'The kingdom of the world now belongs to our Lord and to his Anointed, and he will reign forever and ever'.

Revelation 16:16
They then assembled the kings in the place that is named Armageddon in Hebrew.
The seventh angel poured out his bowl into the air. A loud voice came out of the temple from the throne, saying, 'It is done.'

Revelation 12:1
A great sign appeared in the sky, a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars. She was with child and wailed aloud in pain as she labored to give birth. Then another sign appeared in the sky; it was a huge red dragon, with seven heads and ten horns, and on its heads were seven diadems. Its tail swept away a third of the stars in the sky and hurled them down to the earth. Then the dragon stood before the woman about to give birth, to devour her child when she gave birth. She gave birth to a son, a male child, destined to rule all the nations with an iron rod. Her child was caught up to God and his throne. The woman herself fled into the desert where she had a place prepared by God, that there she might be taken care of for twelve hundred and sixty days. Then war broke out in heaven; Michael and his angels battled against the dragon. The dragon and its angels fought back, but they did not prevail and there was no longer any place for them in heaven. The huge dragon, the ancient serpent, who is called the Devil and Satan, who deceived the whole world, was thrown down to earth, and its angels were thrown down with it. Then I heard a loud voice in heaven say: 'Now have salvation and power come, and the kingdom of our God and the authority of his Anointed.'

Upvote 0

StevenMerten

I Love You, God!
Dec 27, 2005
Lynnwood, WA
Visit site
✟69,502.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
In OBOB, I see myriads of long threads discussing all the scandal going on today. I see very few threads, like this one, which warn about how Jesus and the Father are going to handle the present situation on earth today.

God's wrath is going to wipe out 75% of world population; They will be thrust into hell. Jesus is going to take His surviving Catholics, those Catholics wearing Jesus' Divine Mercy Wedding Garment, and bring His Presence into His Church, in a new, spectacular, and very visual (miracles, signs and wonders), way, aka, Jesus is going to marry His Church, the Catholic Church. The meek, humble and pure of heart, survivors, outside Christ's Church, are quickly going to enter into Christ's Church, through Baptism, after seeing all the miraculous healings and the like, happening within Christ's, 'New Jerusalem', Catholic Church. All other religions, as well as atheism, will die out. There will be peace, abundance and healing on earth. The Blessed Mother calls it, 'The Golden Era for Mankind'.

Wouldn't it be wiser to focus on God's Big Picture here?

Last edited:
Upvote 0