• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

The Book of Hosea! verse by verse...

Discussion in 'Bible and Book Games' started by kerrylee, Jun 26, 2006.

1. doc329

doc329 In His Service Supporter

+33,564
    Christian
    Widowed
    US-Republican
    Hosea 5:7 (KJV) They have dealt treacherously against the LORD: for they have begotten strange children: now shall a month devour them with their portions.

2. doc329

+33,564
    Christian
    Widowed
    US-Republican
    Hosea 5:8 (KJV) Blow ye the cornet in Gibeah, and the trumpet in Ramah: cry aloud at Bethaven, after thee, O Benjamin.

3. doc329

+33,564
    Christian
    Widowed
    US-Republican
    Hosea 5:9 (KJV) Ephraim shall be desolate in the day of rebuke: among the tribes of Israel have I made known that which shall surely be.

4. doc329

+33,564
    Christian
    Widowed
    US-Republican
    Hosea 5:10 (KJV) The princes of Judah were like them that remove the bound: therefore I will pour out my wrath upon them like water.

5. barb754

barb754 Believer

+31,146
    Protestant
    Married
    Hosea 5:11 (KJV) Ephraim is oppressed and broken in judgment, because he willingly walked after the commandment.

6. barb754

barb754 Believer

+31,146
    Protestant
    Married
    Hosea 5:12 (KJV) Therefore will I be unto Ephraim as a moth, and to the house of Judah as rottenness.

7. doc329

+33,564
    Christian
    Widowed
    US-Republican
    Hosea 5:13 (KJV) When Ephraim saw his sickness, and Judah saw his wound, then went Ephraim to the Assyrian, and sent to king Jareb: yet could he not heal you, nor cure you of your wound.

8. doc329

+33,564
    Christian
    Widowed
    US-Republican
    Hosea 5:14 (KJV) For I will be unto Ephraim as a lion, and as a young lion to the house of Judah: I, even I, will tear and go away; I will take away, and none shall rescue him.

9. doc329

+33,564
    Christian
    Widowed
    US-Republican
    Hosea 5:15 (KJV) I will go and return to my place, till they acknowledge their offence, and seek my face: in their affliction they will seek me early.

10. doc329

+33,564
    Christian
    Widowed
    US-Republican
    Hosea 6:1 (KJV) Come, and let us return unto the LORD: for he hath torn, and he will heal us; he hath smitten, and he will bind us up.

11. barb754

barb754 Believer

+31,146
    Protestant
    Married
    Hosea 6:2 (KJV) After two days will he revive us: in the third day he will raise us up, and we shall live in his sight.

12. newtaste

newtaste Not so new... Supporter

+646
    Pentecostal
    Single
    Hosea 6:3
    [FONT=Arial, Geneva, Helvetica]Let us know, Let us pursue the knowledge of the Lord. His going forth is established as the morning; He will come to us like the rain, Like the latter and former rain to the earth. (NKJV)[/FONT]

13. barb754

barb754 Believer

+31,146
    Protestant
    Married
    Hosea 6:4 (KJV) O Ephraim, what shall I do unto thee? O Judah, what shall I do unto thee? for your goodness is as a morning cloud, and as the early dew it goeth away.

14. doc329

+33,564
    Christian
    Widowed
    US-Republican
    Hosea 6:5 (KJV) Therefore have I hewed them by the prophets; I have slain them by the words of my mouth: and thy judgments are as the light that goeth forth.

15. Mollie1

Mollie1 John 3:16 Staff Member Purple Team - Moderator Supporter

+2,207
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Single
    Hosea 6:6

For I desire mercy and not sacrifice
    And the knowledge of God
    more than burnt offerings.

16. doc329

+33,564
    Christian
    Widowed
    US-Republican
    Hosea 6:7 (KJV) But they like men have transgressed the covenant: there have they dealt treacherously against me.

17. tred

tred Regular Member

+593
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    Hosea 6:8
    8 Gilead is a city of wicked men, stained with footprints of blood.

18. ChristianCandy

ChristianCandy Live Well, Laugh Often, and Love the Lord!

+3,221
    SDA
    Hosea 6:9 (KJV)
    And as troops of robbers wait for a man, so the company of priests murder in the way by consent: for they commit lewdness.

19. doc329

+33,564
    Christian
    Widowed
    US-Republican
    Hosea 6:10 (KJV) I have seen an horrible thing in the house of Israel: there is the whoredom of Ephraim, Israel is defiled.

20. doc329

+33,564
    Christian
    Widowed
    US-Republican
    Hosea 6:11 (KJV) Also, O Judah, he hath set an harvest for thee, when I returned the captivity of my people.