Visit site
✟335,689.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thanks, it has the feel of being spirit-led as my notes are brought to mind …

While addressing the question of “was it fitting that God, for whom and through whom all things exist, in bringing many children to glory”, Hebrews 2:10, the text furnishes no explicit answer for such a unity to happen.

Rather a principle is supplied:

Hebrews 2:11

For the one who sanctifies and those who are sanctified all have one Father. For this reason Jesus is not ashamed to call them brothers and sisters

Christ and the sanctified are one. The High Priest and prodigy sanctified together in ‘their’ suffering. One is Holiness and the other progressively being moved from glory to glory.

Unity is found in the human experience. The expression of the principle of unity is found in the next verses

Hebrews 2:12-13

saying,

“I will proclaim your name to my brothers and sisters, Psalms 22:22

in the midst of the congregation I will praise you.”

And again,

“I will put my trust in him.” Isaiah 8:17

And again,

“Here am I and the children whom God has given me.” Isaiah 8:18

The application is taken from particular facts from Jesus’ history.

Hebrews 2:14-18

Since, therefore, the children share flesh and blood, he himself likewise shared the same things, so that through death he might destroy the one who has the power of death, that is, the devil, and free those who all their lives were held in slavery by the fear of death. For it is clear that he did not come to help angels, but the descendants of Abraham. Therefore he had to become like his brothers and sisters in every respect, so that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in the service of God, to make a sacrifice of atonement for the sins of the people. Because he himself was tested by what he suffered, he is able to help those who are being tested.

The children share the same flesh and blood likewise with their Brother. That’s the first application of the principle of unity.

The second application is Christ as deliverer from the fear of death by dying as a sinless One. He who died is our Brother and in His fraternal spirit it was His express purpose to lend us a helping hand.

Lastly, the author of Hebrews represents the human experience of Jesus, as serving the purpose of fitting Him to mediate for mankind to God. And, as a sympathetic friend through all testing.

That He might be a merciful and trustworthy High Priest in things pertaining to God, to make propitiation for the sins of the people.

Jesus the Christ, is the mediator, thru the Holy Spirit, to the Great Unknown (to us).

He is there and knowable (in the sum of the words) ….now we can go boldly. He is the I Am.

It's the knowing that brings us to Him in unceasing prayer. Not the accent or pronouncement that is used to say His name.

In knowing who He is, Christian's can have further understanding and therefore a clearer path home to our mother the New Jerusalem.

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟335,689.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
‘Covenantal Theology’ as a term is good term because of the fact that the covenants were made with a Loving God according to His covenantal agreements. He can give and He can take back Hosea 2:8-13 The covenants are according to the knowledge given on God’s part and the receiver ‘knowing’ or acknowledging covenantal loyalty and the accompanying demands.

Israel didn’t ‘know’ the real source of their blessings Hosea 2:8 The land ‘owners’ seemed increasingly incapable of knowing. ‘Knowing’ consists of bowing before and trusting in, ‘knowing’ Yahweh as covenantal Lord. In much the same way as the Pharisees, the Israelis were a block to the Lord’s way because of their unknowing/unbelief. Knowing is not forgetting (Deuteronomy 8:11, Deuteronomy 32:15-18 ) (one ‘believes’ they are saved and can move forward, not backward into the lies again, lies being idols that have been built up by the enemy of the soul to distort the image of God that God has built as His counterpart, the church.)

Israel’s first word in life is ‘listen’ but the OT people did not listen. (Deuteronomy 6:4, Deuteronomy 8:3)

Hosea 8

All of the OT references can easily be linked to the NT.

The rhetoric of the boundary lines is that of pure grace, a radical gift with no achievement, merit or planning involved. (Deuteronomy 6:10-11)

Purely Sola Gratia

What was done was from the same One that gave quail, manna and water. Those gifts are still enduring, still the same ’good land’ that Christians are entitled to.

Knowing and remembering (having listened to the One that provided) is contained in the fact that we all come from slavery, redeemed by a kinsman redeemer, and being satisfied ‘in Christ’. (Deuteronomy 8:7-10, Deuteronomy 10:11-12)

On the other hand is the view that there is no land for Israel to inherit

Israel’s newest history is that called forth from death Romans 4:17 seen from exile to land Genesis 12:1-3, Hebrews 11:12 where Israel’s hope is rooted is in the character of God. Otherwise she has “none to comfort” “none to help her” but must trust the land-giver and land-promiser precisely when there is no land.
(rough excerpt from ‘The Land’ Walter Brueggemann)

But the fact to be absorbed is that the covenant of the NT is with Christ and Whomsoever He wills to share it.

Luke 22:20,29
In the same way He also took the cup after supper and said, “This cup is the new covenant established by My blood; it is shed for you.
and I covenant to give you, as my Father has covenanted to give me, a Kingdom--​

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟335,689.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Covenantal theology does bring it to full circle perspective, from the fall into division, the flow of the Spirit thruout the bible to bring the twain to meet, in circles within the circles, shadows relating to substance, micro-narratives flowing within macro-narrative, from the four corners of the earth and wind. Micro/Macro covenant lifestyle lived out in Thy will not mine be done life response as our will produces the ability. If ya cain ya cain. :sorry:

Hosea 6:1-3

“Come, let us return to the Lord;
for it is he who has torn, and he will heal us;
he has struck down, and he will bind us up.
After two days he will revive us;
on the third day he will raise us up,
that we may live before him.
Let us know, let us press on to know the Lord;
his appearing is as sure as the dawn;
he will come to us like the showers,
like the spring rains that water the earth.”

hmm tis the age of Aquarius :peace:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟335,689.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
We’ve spent the previous 7 pages of this thread on chapters 3-4 trying to understand what sent Judaism into the hands of the living God that caused them to be uncovenanted. Hebrews 4:12 again finds the church age dealing with the same issues. Division of soul and spirit. No wonder Christ says that He didn’t come to bring peace but a sword. It’s the double edge sword that separates thoughts from intentions. Yet scripture sees the captivity as a blessing that relieves the people of the tyranny from their own kings and princes. Hosea 8:10 The gentiles sending Israel into captivity to Christ is seen as His plunder Joel 1:13, Joel 1:15

Let’s go on to chapter 5-6

Hebrews 5:1-5, 9-10, Hebrews 6:1a, Hebrews 6:17-20
5 Every high priest chosen from among mortals is put in charge of things pertaining to God on their behalf, to offer gifts and sacrifices for sins. 2 He is able to deal gently with the ignorant and wayward, since he himself is subject to weakness; 3 and because of this he must offer sacrifice for his own sins as well as for those of the people. 4 And one does not presume to take this honor, but takes it only when called by God, just as Aaron was.
5 So also Christ did not glorify himself in becoming a high priest, but was appointed by the one who said to him,
“You are my Son,
today I have begotten you”;
9 and having been made perfect, he became the source of eternal salvation for all who obey him, 10 having been designated by God a high priest according to the order of Melchizedek.

6 Therefore let us go on toward perfection,

17 In the same way, when God desired to show even more clearly to the heirs of the promise the unchangeable character of his purpose, he guaranteed it by an oath, 18 so that through two unchangeable things, in which it is impossible that God would prove false, we who have taken refuge might be strongly encouraged to seize the hope set before us. 19 We have this hope, a sure and steadfast anchor of the soul, a hope that enters the inner shrine behind the curtain, 20 where Jesus, a forerunner on our behalf, has entered, having become a high priest forever according to the order of Melchizedek.​

What are the gifts and sacrifices our High Priest offers for us that brings us on to perfection? OT circumcision has been replaced and circumcision of the heart was assigned to the New. What does bringing to perfection look like? It looks like the plunder of the thoughts taken captive to Christ.

(But) See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and the elemental spiritual forces of this world rather than on Christ.

In Christ you have been brought to fullness. He is the head over every power and authority.

In him you were also circumcised with a circumcision not performed by human hands. Your whole self ruled by the flesh was put off when you were circumcised by Christ,

having been buried with him in baptism, in which you were also raised with him through your faith in the working of God, who raised him from the dead.

When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins,

having canceled the charge of our legal indebtedness, which stood against us and condemned us; he has taken it away, nailing it to the cross.

And having disarmed the powers and authorities, he made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross.

ETA:
Jer 9:26 Egypt, and Judah, and Edom, and the sons of Ammon, and Moab, and all who are in the outermost corners, who dwell in the wilderness. For all these nations are not circumcised, and all the house of Israel, those not circumcised in heart.

Deut 30:6 'And Jehovah thy God hath circumcised thy heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love Jehovah thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, for the sake of thy life;

Deut 10:16 and ye have circumcised the foreskin of your heart, and your neck ye do not harden any more;

Jer 4:4 Be circumcised to Jehovah, And turn aside the foreskins of your heart, O man of Judah, and ye inhabitants of Jerusalem, Lest My fury go out as fire, and hath burned, And there is none quenching, Because of the evil of your doings.

Ezek 44:9 Therefore thus sayeth the LORD God: Of all the strangers that dwell among the children of Israel, no stranger, whose heart and flesh is not circumcised, shall come within my Sanctuary:

Stephen's Address to the Sanhedrin

39But our fathers refused to obey him. Instead, they rejected him and in their hearts turned back to Egypt.
…50Has not My hand made all these things?’ 51You stiff-necked people with uncircumcised hearts and ears! You always resist the Holy Spirit, just as your fathers did. 52Which of the prophets did your fathers fail to persecute? They even killed those who foretold the coming of the Righteous One. And now you are His betrayers and murderers—…

STRONGS NT 564: ἀπερίτμητος, uncircumcised

ἀπερίτμητος, ἀπεριτμητον (περιτέμνω), uncircumcised; metaphorically, ἀπερίτμητοι τῇ καρδία (Jeremiah 9:26; Ezekiel 44:7) καί τοῖς ὠσί (Jeremiah 6:10) whose heart and ears are covered, i. e. whose soul and senses are closed to divine admonitions, obdurate, Acts 7:51. (Often in the Sept. for עָרֵל; 1 Macc. 1:48 1 Macc. 2:46; (Philo de migr. Abr. § 39); Plutarch, am. prol. 3.)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟335,689.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
To really make the point of the above post on circumcised heart we could jump to Hebrews 9
(Exodus 40:1–33; Hebrews 9:1–10)
Meanwhile to include the testimony of Stephen
The Tabernacle of the Testimony
44Our fathers had the tabernacle of the Testimony with them in the wilderness. It was constructed exactly as God had directed Moses, according to the pattern he had seen. 45And our fathers who received it brought it in with Joshua when they dispossessed the nations God drove out before them. It remained until the time of David, 46who found favor in the sight of God and asked to provide a dwelling place for the God of Jacob.o 47But it was Solomon who built the house for Him.
48However, the Most High does not dwell in houses made by human hands. As the prophet says:
49‘Heaven is My throne and the earth is My footstool What kind of house will you build for Me, says the Lord, or where will My place of repose be? 50Has not My hand made all these things?’51You stiff-necked people with uncircumcised hearts and ears! You always resist the Holy Spirit, just as your fathers did. 52Which of the prophets did your fathers fail to persecute? They even killed those who foretold the coming of the Righteous One. And now you are His betrayers and murderers— 53you who received the law ordained by angels, yet have not kept it.​

Hebrews 9:1-10
The Earthly and the Heavenly Sanctuaries
Now even the first covenant had regulations for worship and an earthly sanctuary. 2 For a tent was constructed, the first one, in which were the lampstand, the table, and the bread of the Presence; this is called the Holy Place. 3 Behind the second curtain was a tent[c] called the Holy of Holies. 4 In it stood the golden altar of incense and the ark of the covenant overlaid on all sides with gold, in which there were a golden urn holding the manna, and Aaron’s rod that budded, and the tablets of the covenant; 5 above it were the cherubim of glory overshadowing the mercy seat.[d] Of these things we cannot speak now in detail.
6 Such preparations having been made, the priests go continually into the first tent[e] to carry out their ritual duties; 7 but only the high priest goes into the second, and he but once a year, and not without taking the blood that he offers for himself and for the sins committed unintentionally by the people.

8 By this the Holy Spirit indicates that the way into the sanctuary has not yet been disclosed as long as the first tent[f] is still standing. 9 This is a symbol[g] of the present time, during which gifts and sacrifices are offered that cannot perfect the conscience of the worshiper, 10 but deal only with food and drink and various baptisms, regulations for the body imposed until the time comes to set things right.

Note that the high priests commission is an offering for sins committed unintentionally. The first tent still standing is that which cannot perfect the conscience, simply because it is not blood covered. Hebrews 9:14 how much more will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without blemish to God, purify our conscience from dead works to worship the living God! The governor placed upon the conscience has not come to a time capable of setting it right.

I posted this just to clarify one point but it may confuse others because it’s jumping ahead too much. Thoughts?

At the least it can be seen that the thoughts and intentions of the heart are being operated upon by the one with whom we have to do. I suppose the identification with that fact is what makes it covenantal or apostosic. (is that the right word for apostasy, ?) (doesn’t sound right for some reason) I also suppose that taking the blinders off one’s eyes to reality/truth and placing them on Jesus/Truth is the deciding factor for what we do or don’t stumble over.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟335,689.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The Holiest of All ~ Andrew Murray ~ pg 226

There is a sanctuary in which God dwells. There was a veil that separated mankind from God. Jesus came from within to live without the veil, and rend it, and open a way for us. He is there for us as forerunner. We may now enter in and dwell there, in the power of the Holy Ghost. This is the gospel of the Epistle to the Hebrews.

Hope enters within the veil, rejoices in all there is to be found, and counts upon the revelation of the heart of all that is there prepared for us.

Jesus the Forerunner, follow Him. Even tho thou canst not understand all, follow Him in His path of humility and meekness and obedience: He will bring thee in. This is the promise which, even in this life, thou shalt inherit, through patience and long-suffering.

That’s an awesome book to read.

Dear prudence ..

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟335,689.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Continuing for a moment with Another excerpt from Hebrews 7 from Andrew Murray ~ The Holiest of All ~ An exposition of the epistle to the Hebrews ~

Hebrews 7:1-3
This “King Melchizedek of Salem, priest of the Most High God, met Abraham as he was returning from defeating the kings and blessed him”; 2 and to him Abraham apportioned “one-tenth of everything.” His name, in the first place, means “king of righteousness”; next he is also king of Salem, that is, “king of peace.” 3 Without father, without mother, without genealogy, having neither beginning of days nor end of life, but resembling the Son of God, he remains a priest forever.​

Chapter 5 says Jesus was called of God, just as Aaron was. But the difference between the priesthoods was that Aaron’s was a beginning of a creation and Melchezedec’s was uncreated. And also the secret of the Christian life in it’s power and perfection. [His Name is King of Righteousness and King of Peace, that is His heritage in the uncreated priesthood of the kingdom of priests.] italics mine
Edit to add, just He is uncreated, the priests would be created to be in the (un)created kingdom !?! hmm but a new creation.

Righteousness and peace are mentioned together both in the Old Testament and in the New Testament a characteristic blessings of the kingdom of Christ.

Righteousness as the only foundation of peace; peace as the sure and blessed result. The Kingdom of God is righteousness and peace, and as the fruit of these, joy in the Holy Ghost.

Italics mine again, but I’m reminded that peace and joy are the two things Jesus said He would leave with us.

It is the spiritual apprehension for this everlasting priesthood, as communicating even here and maintaining an everlasting, unchangeable life in us, that lifts our inner experience out of the region of effort, and change, and failure, into the rest of God, so that the immutability of His council is the measure of that of our faith and hope.

Neither talent nor genius may suffice - it is the heart that thirsts for the Living God that will understand this teaching about our being brought nigh to God.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟335,689.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hebrews 7 Now consider how great this man, Melchezedec, was.

Hebrews 7:4-10 More than Abraham
See how great he is! Even Abraham the patriarch gave him a tenth of the spoils. … this man, who does not belong to their ancestry, collected tithes from Abraham and blessed him who had received the promises. 7 It is beyond dispute that the inferior is blessed by the superior.
Hebrews 7:11-14 More than Aaron
if perfection had been attainable through the levitical priesthood—what further need would there have been to speak of another priest arising according to the order of Melchizedek, ….? 12 For when there is a change in the priesthood, there is necessarily a change in the law as well. 14 For it is evident that our Lord was descended from Judah, and in connection with that tribe Moses said nothing about priests.
Hebrews 7:11-19 More than the law
15 It is even more obvious when another priest arises, resembling Melchizedek, 16 one who has become a priest, not through a legal requirement concerning physical descent, but through the power of an indestructible life. A priest for ever!​

Greater than Abraham, Aaron, and law. Why was another greater needed? Because it could not bring to perfection. All that proceeded before was old school, short pants elementary school uniform, training the slave style before moving up to the higher status of sonship, child of God, maturity.

Why the importance of knowing with Whom we have to do? Because He is the sanctifier of those who are being sanctified. Because eternity is an attribute of diety and has it’s existence only in the fellowship of that life - the need of the power of an endless life - that from the uncreated to the created.

Principles of the old and new systems of worshipping God, reflecting the experiences of the inner life, is (one, the old) of law. Atonement and acceptance of God typified in Aaron. The Christian trusts in Christ as redeemer, seeking by the great motivation of gratitude, to compel oneself to love and obedience, but remains painfully conscious of failure to make obedience the delight of life.

Otoh the new, better, living way is presented. Here it is, opened up by the Holy Spirit, as the mystery of Melchezedec. The power is in the endless life.

So Christ is not according to law, therefor no longer to be regarded according to law, His life is one of eternity. Hebrews 7:18 There is, on the one hand, the abrogation of an earlier commandment because it was weak and ineffectual.

AGAIN , WHY the importance of knowing with Whom we have to do? Because He is the sanctifier of those who are being sanctified.

We have to return to the Hebrews 2 description of Christ where His purpose is to defeat the devil within us Hebrews 2:11-15

Hebrews 2:11
For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren,
Ezekiel 20:12
And also My sabbaths I have given to them, To be for a sign between Me and them, To know that I am Jehovah their sanctifier.
Ezekiel 37:28
and the nations will learn that I, the LORD, am the sanctifier of Israel when I place my sanctuary in their midst forever.”’​

Reread post #141.

Luke 1:17
"He will also go before Him in the spirit and power of Elijah,
'to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children,'
and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just,
to make ready a people prepared for the Lord.”​

The wisdom of the just, the Greek term Strong's Number G5428 Phronesis is used only here in the NT. It's comparable to the intuition of the human spirit connected to the Holy Spirit.

Phronesis is Truth.
It's the part of the armour that is God, along with the sword, that is the Word of God.
Salvation/righteousness/gospel/faith are aspects of God but not God Himself.
Whereas truth and Word are.
Those two aspects of the armour, belt and sword, represent God.
That part of wisdom that is phronesis is that part that God moves solely for His purposes.

Those who have Phronesis wisdom lack other motive so aren't part of the grace (Sophia wisdom) that is helpful to people's advancement.
It's the wisdom of the righteous according to Luke 1:17.

The righteousness of the armour is the breastplate and it protects the heart.
It's His rightousness, not ours.

Wisdom (Sophia) is the mind on exalting humanity to new heights.
Wisdom (phronesis) is the mind of Christ. Both are innacted in the human spirit.

The mind in accordance to the armour is where salvation comes from.

That is the Lord's salvation that He gives to whom He will. He gives that to those who will abide in Him because abiding in Him is according to His truth. Worldly truth is the whole range of philosophy. Pilate says "What is truth" instead of Who is truth.

Jesus embodies both grace (Sophia) and truth (Phronesis) but only worked from Phronesis (God's will in action) during His mission on earth.

Our example to follow is the mind of Christ (Phronesis)
by bringing things to the throne of grace (Sophia in the Godhead)
So that there is mediation between God and mankind.

True Wisdom would be the results.

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟335,689.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Consider the Apostle of our confession while considering also that disobedience is equivalent to not entering the rest …

That first confidence in Him, we are to hold fast to because it keeps us from turning away from His voice and hardening the heart in disobedience.

Christ’s faithfulness to us and His fidelity to duty was displayed in His earthly life, maintained amid constant temptation. But always faithful to God and fellow humans. Thereby He is entitled to our confidence. He inspires trust and incites us to desire His perfection.

Never did He use His Sonship as an excuse for declining arduous and heroic tasks. “Get thee behind Me, satan” being more His mode.

We Christians are His house. A glorious structure, the masterpiece of the architect, the Holy Spirit. Made of new fabric, the fabric being ‘those who hold to the boldness of the Hope.

Transient times have passed. Now is the time for not repeating offences by learning from experience. This is not the time of displaying unbelief by turning away from the living God.

We are the companions of Christ, holding firm our confidence to the end.

Wherefore beware:

- a hardened heart is the source of unbelief and misbehaviour.
- encourage each other ‘today’ least the deceit of sin make repentance and faith more difficult tomorrow.
- and having begun, take care not to look back, but first consider the cost.

Christ Jesus is that fount of every blessing found at the throne of grace and explains the legal reasons why that is Hebrews 4:16, see also Revelation 22:1.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟335,689.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hebrews 7
26 For it was fitting that we should have such a high priest, holy, blameless, undefiled, separated from sinners, and exalted above the heavens. 27 Unlike the other high priests, he has no need to offer sacrifices day after day, first for his own sins, and then for those of the people; this he did once for all when he offered himself. 28 For the law appoints as high priests those who are subject to weakness, but the word of the oath, which came later than the law, appoints a Son who has been made perfect forever.​

The power of the eternal life, nearness to God, and complete salvation is what He has to bestow. The eternal priesthood of Christ is the first of perfection truths that lead us to the perfection life. A Son, perfected, is our high priest who out of Himself and in Himself gives us the life we are to live.The one thought of God is to make us feel what a complete salvation there is for us with such a Saviour. God speaks to us in His Son, giving us, in Him, His own life. Do not neglect so a great salvation. Hebrews 2:3

Hebrews 8
1 Now the main point in what we are saying is this: we have such a high priest, one who is seated at the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens,​

Christ’s work, accomplished, opens the door/is the entrance, to the new creation. Our faith apprehends and holds this truth as a key to open the door into the heavenly life upon the earth.

See posts # 67-68-69 The book of Hebrews, The book of Hebrews , The book of Hebrews so we can go over the old pattern exemplified tomorrow. (or Monday) Have a great day!!

Hebrews 8
They offer worship in a sanctuary that is a sketch and shadow of the heavenly one; for Moses, when he was about to erect the tent, was warned, “See that you make everything according to the pattern that was shown you on the mountain.”​

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟335,689.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
All watchmen are they that have been appointed to cultivate and keep the earth Genesis 2:15 yet not all are as such Genesis 4:9 and some can be very detrimental Song of Solomon 5:7 and is again covenantal Genesis 17:9-10 but Abrahamic rather that Noahic or Davidic covenant and helpful to procure a setting for the pattern of the covenants to bring one to the new.

I’ll leave ya’ll with that as I can’t see the point of inquiring of God to move us on to perfection when the world is watching a world leader defying God. G'day

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟335,689.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
We had just finished the 1st of the perfection truths; a Son, perfected forevermore. His work, accomplished, sets the stage for the new creation.

Hebrews 8:1 Now the main point in what we are saying is this: we have such a high priest, one who is seated at the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens,

Zech 6:13 He shall be a priest upon the throne. Not only priest but king. The priest represents purity while the king represents power. His power is over all of the kingdom, in might, in power, in Spirit and truth. His position is now one of perfect fellowship with God, an equality which gives Christ all power over heaven and earth.

His enthronement was to open the kingdom of heaven to us. It opens to us a state of life, exclusively heavenly, as the solid food, the solid food for the partaker of the spiritual life, from the power of an endless life.

Jesus revealed by the Holy Spirit within our heart is a revelation from the heavenliness of it’s purity, power, love, blessedness, worship; all those things characteristic of the unfolding of His rule in the new creations life.

That constitutes what the new creation has. Not only in thoughts, but in living enjoyment.

By Hebrews 8 the writer had summed up the teachings. We’ll hinge here for awhile going back to the old pattern in comparison. Hebrews 8:1-5

The urging is to move beyond the tent dwelling ~ on earth
to heaven and the heavenly life ~ as it is in heaven

That is the true counterpart of the pattern given.

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟335,689.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Scripture consists of the body which is the visible letter, the soul which is the meaning found within it, and a spirit which has the heavenly within it. They serve as the copy and shadow of the heavenly sanctuary.
The book of Hebrews
We are 3-fold in our existence:
sinner in the world
priest in the Holy Place
glorification in Eternity

Picture yourself approaching with Christ

The Gate (Jesus is the Gate)
The Brazen Altar (Jesus or sacrifice to whom we die daily)
The Lavar (washing our hands, work, and feet , walk, BEFORE entering the priestly inner court)
The Golden candlestick (representing the illumination of the Holy Spirit) shining on Jesus Words...
Table of Shewbread (representing the teachings of Jesus..His flesh and blood edifying)
Altar of Intercession (discernment is for intercession for His people)
Enter the Holy of Holies(come in thru the blood of the Lamb from the way of the tabernacle)
Ark of the Covenant (Testimony) (mercy and justice for all who enter in this way)

What can be seen in the pattern of scripture are the aspects of the Godhead (heaven) reflected in the aspects of humans. (earth)

Hebrews 8:6-9​

But Jesus has now obtained a more excellent ministry, and to that degree he is the mediator of a better covenant, which has been enacted through better promises. For if that first covenant had been faultless, there would have been no need to look for a second one.
God finds fault with them when he says:
“The days are surely coming, says the Lord,
when I will establish a new covenant with the house of Israel
and with the house of Judah;
not like the covenant that I made with their ancestors,
on the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt;​

His new covenant consists of king/priest who is minister/mediator of both sanctuary and a better covenant. As minister He brings us nigh unto God, while as mediator His is a preparatory for entering the sanctuary.

Covenant ~ defines the mutual relation where there is no weakness ~ secures the fulfillment of no unprofitableness

That’s the ministerial work of Christ today (is) , while the letter of history (was) has become the soul of His morality. Heavenly life seen in shadow but more and more clearly as the morning sun comes to light. (to come)

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟335,689.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hebrews 8:10-12
This is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel
after those days, says the Lord:
I will put my laws in their minds,
and write them on their hearts,
and I will be their God,
and they shall be my people.

And they shall not teach one another
or say to each other, ‘Know the Lord,’
for they shall all know me,
from the least of them to the greatest.

For I will be merciful toward their iniquities,
and I will remember their sins no more.”​

From bottom to top the experimental progress into the enjoyment of the new testament:
a - forgiveness of sins
b - personal knowledge of the Lord
c - covenant relation to Him
d - the indwelling Spirit turning the external restraint of the law into an internal constraint to do God’s will

Hebrews 8:6
But Jesus has now obtained a more excellent ministry, and to that degree he is the mediator of a better covenant, which has been enacted through better promises.​

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟335,689.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Have you figured it out yet? The strong meat of the word of God is direct revelation from Him, via His Son. The milk of the word was from the covenant given by angels.

Acts 7:53
you who received the law as ordained by angels, and yet did not keep it.”
Galatians 3:19
Why the Law then? It was added because of transgressions, having been ordained through angels by the agency of a mediator, until the seed would come to whom the promise had been made.
Acts 7:38
This is the one who was in the congregation in the wilderness together with the angel who was speaking to him on Mount Sinai, and who was with our fathers; and he received living oracles to pass on to you.
Hebrews 2:2
For if the word spoken through angels proved unalterable, and every transgression and disobedience received a just penalty ...​

That is the point that everyone needs to be silent in the stillness of knowing God.

Hebrews 5:12
For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.
Hebrews 12:25
See that ye refuse not him that speaks. For if those did not escape who had refused him who uttered the oracles on earth, much more we who turn away from him who does so from heaven:
1 Peter 4:11
If any man speak, let him speak as the oracles of God; if any man minister, let him do it as of the ability which God giveth: that God in all things may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom be praise and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.​

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Nothing in it regarding an author named Paul either, unlike every other Pauline letter. What makes you think it is a "fact" that Paul wrote it?

Eusebius writing about Clement's statement: In the 300’s AD Eusebius in writing about and quoting the very early 100’s AD Clement of Alexandria (c. 150 – c. 215 AD) who writes:

“He (Clement) says that the Epistle to the Hebrews is the work of Paul, and that it was written to the Hebrews in the Hebrew language; but that Luke translated it carefully and published it for the Greeks, and hence the same style of expression is found in this epistle (Hebrews) and in the Acts (written by Luke c. 60’s to 80’s AD).” Eusebius, Church History 6.14.2

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Have you figured it out yet? The strong meat of the word of God is direct revelation from Him, via His Son. The milk of the word was from the covenant given by angels.

Not according to the Bible.

In the Bible "all scripture is given by inspiration from God AND is to be used for doctrine" 2 Tim 3:16.

Heb 5 and 6 point to the basics of "the Gospel" as the milk. And then the advanced topics presented by Paul in Heb 7,8,9,10 as "the meat".

Bible details matter.

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟335,689.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Not according to the Bible.

In the Bible "all scripture is given by inspiration from God AND is to be used for doctrine" 2 Tim 3:16.

Heb 5 and 6 point to the basics of "the Gospel" as the milk. And then the advanced topics presented by Paul in Heb 7,8,9,10 as "the meat".

Bible details matter.
Bible details matter significantly and there is no doubt that messengers of God are inspired by God to deliver His message, no matter that the writings also contain details of the fallen angels, opinions of human beings etc. All is good and useful for instruction.

The milk is doubtlessly the basics of the gospel. Moving on from what is elementary teachings is the meat,

But the meat is this .... Jesus answered, “I have food to eat that you know nothing about. My food is to do what the One who sent me wants me to do and to finish his work. Here the saying is true, ‘One person plants, and another harvests.’ I sent you to harvest a crop that you did not work on. Others did the work, and you get to finish up their work.”

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

Bible details matter.

Bible details matter significantly and there is no doubt that messengers of God are inspired by God to deliver His message, no matter that the writings also contain details of the fallen angels,...

then we agree on something.

Nice.

The milk is doubtlessly the basics of the gospel. Moving on from what is elementary teachings is the meat

Agreed - and Heb 6 details what those gospel "basics" are --

The "milk" is:

"Therefore leaving the elementary teaching about the Christ, let us press on to maturity, not laying again a foundation of repentance from dead works and of faith toward God, 2 of instruction about washings and laying on of hands, and about the resurrection of the dead and eternal judgment. 3 And this we will do, if God permits"

But the meat is this - the work of Christ as high priest in heaven as detailed in Heb 7,8,9,10

Paul is doing that very thing - moving on from the milk topics to the meat topics in the book of Hebrews. We can stay in the book, in context and follow the point as written in the letter to the Hebrews. It's all right there.

Last edited:
Upvote 0