Gastonia N.C. (Piedmont of N.C.)
✟100,334.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Doesn't Pseudepigrapha mean falsely attributed works and texts whose claimed author is not the true author, or a work whose real author attributed it to a figure of the past?

Did some of these works originate amongst Jewish Hellenizers?

Yes it does, and it could have been.

But like I said, I just read these for the sake of reading them.

God Bless

Till all are one.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,553.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
No, the authorship is still in question.

When I said "Enoch" the reference was to the Book, not as Enoch as author and writer.

Enoch 7:6 says the height of these antediluvians were 300 cubits.

300 cubits multiplied by 1.5 ft (1 cubit) equals 450 feet.

God Bless

Till all are one.

Why would you give credence/credibility to something that is Pseudepigrapha?

Upvote 0

DeaconDean

γέγονα χαλκὸς, κύμβαλον ἀλαλάζον
Jul 19, 2005
✟100,334.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Why would you give credence/credibility to something that is Pseudepigrapha?

Like I said, the information about Adam, is just for information sake.

I didn't say it was true, just that this is what it says.

But it still does not negate that we still don't know, and even the scriptures don't say how long Adam lived before Eve was created. It does not say how long it took Adam to name God's animals. And it does not say how they lived in Eden before they were driven out.

They (Adam and Eve) could have lived for one day, one week, one month, one year, one hundred years, on millennia. We just don't know. But one thing we do know for sure is how long Adam lived after he was drove out. 930 years.

God Bless

Till all are one.

Upvote 0

brinny

Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,553.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Like I said, the information about Adam, is just for information sake.

I didn't say it was true, just that this is what it says.

But it still does not negate that we still don't know, and even the scriptures don't say how long Adam lived before Eve was created. It does not say how long it took Adam to name God's animals. And it does not say how they lived in Eden before they were driven out.

They (Adam and Eve) could have lived for one day, one week, one month, one year, one hundred years, on millennia. We just don't know. But one thing we do know for sure is how long Adam lived after he was drove out. 930 years.

God Bless

Till all are one.

Why trust anything that is nothing more than Pseudepigrapha?

Upvote 0

DeaconDean

Jul 19, 2005
✟100,334.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Why trust anything that is nothing more than Pseudepigrapha?

Never said I did.

Only that I have read it, and here are a few tid-bits.

God Bless

Till all are one.

Upvote 0

DeaconDean

Jul 19, 2005
✟100,334.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Look friend, if I took Enoch was true, then the "giants" of Genesis 6, the antediluvians, were indeed 450' tall.

Why have there never been no fossils found of them?

I find it curious that we have fossils of dinosaurs but no antediluvians?

And there is a footnote in Scofield Reference Bible that Goliath may have been the very remnant of the antediluvians.

I am not saying its true, not saying it ain't true. Just that there is this footnote in my bible.

God Bless

Till all are one.

Upvote 0

DeaconDean

Jul 19, 2005
✟100,334.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What would give validity to even tidbits from it?

Never said I did.

Only that this is what the Book of Enoch says in Chapter 7, verse 6.

God Bless

Till all are one.

Upvote 0

brinny

Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,553.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Never said I did.

Only that this is what the Book of Enoch says in Chapter 7, verse 6.

God Bless

Till all are one.

If it's Pseudepigrapha, why would it matter what it said?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DeaconDean

Jul 19, 2005
✟100,334.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If it's Pseudepigrapha, why would it matter what it said?

Tell me something.

Do you remember "Star Wars: Attack of the Clones"?

Dez says to Obi Wan: "I think you Jedi would have more respect for the difference between wisdom and knowledge."

I read these books for the knowledge.

God Bless

Till all are one.

Upvote 0

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm not familiar with Tobit. It teaches the casting of spells?
No, it does not.
It is in the orthodox Bibles, and in the Septuagint.

The Watcher angel, Raphael, one of the seven who stand before the throne, appears as a man ( as watcher angels can do: Enoch, Joshua, Genesis 18, Genesis 32, and as Paul said they can do), and helped Tobias return safely to his father's native land to reclaim his father's fortune left with a friend and to get a wife for his son.
There was a fish that tried to eat Tobias and they killed it, saved gall from the liver and ate part....without looking, I don't remember all, but Raphael had some of the saved oil burned as incense which drove off a demon that had killed six husbands of the virgin, before the marriage was consummated, and Raphael chased it to another land, bound it, and returned to help Tobias get the bride, get the fortune, and return safely, and put gall from the liver in his father's blinded eyes, which melted off cataracts and gave him his eyesight.
It was Raphael who is set over the illnesses of the Adam race, and so Raphael stirred the waters of the pool so that whoever set foot in first, was healed, when Jesus healed the paralyzed man.
This is not casting spells, nor is it witchcraft.
David chased away the evil spirit that possessed Saul by playing his music.
In the Dead Sea Scrolls, there is a psalm/song against evil spirits that David wrote. David wrote many more psalms/songs than are included in the Tenach...
A king was cured of leprosy by bathing in the Jordan...a king was healed of disease by a fig poultice ordered by the prophet, and so on....

That said, Deacon Dean has high jacked the thread....and I ask that he delete those threads that do so.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In the DSS, in a manuscript dubbed "The Genesis Apocryphon", Abraham writes that when the wise men of Pharaoh returned Sarah to him they asked him to teach them "wisdom, values, and truth", and so he writes that he read to them from the book of Enoch.

Keep in mind that Abraham lived with Noah and Shem to hide from Nimrod who wanted him dead, from age 10 until the tower of Babel was destroyed and the mother tongue divided into 70 -according to the history book called the "Book of The Upright" -the Book of Jasher.
in the Torah, we see that Shem outlived Abraham, and lived until Jacob was 50 years old, though Noah died when Abraham was 58 years old.
Noah's grandfather, Methusaleh, who was the son of Enoch, preached with Noah to warn the Adam race about the coming flood if they did not repent. Methusaleh died one week before the flood.
Noah and Shem take Abraham in, and teach him the things of God, and he leaves them with his own copy of the Book of Enoch.
Abraham knew Noah. He knew Shem, and Eber, and others. He also knew Nimrod, who was called "Am Rapha El -Amraphael" by the people after the fall of the tower, because "in him they fell".
We see Abraham routing Nimrod/Amraphael in Genesis 14, who was one of the 4 kings who raided the cities of the plain...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟217,925.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In the DSS, in a manuscript dubbed "The Genesis Apocryphon", Abraham writes that when the wise men of Pharaoh returned Sarah to him they asked him to teach them "wisdom, values, and truth", and so he writes that he read to them from the book of Enoch.
Very nice, I'm sure. But the fact is that "Enoch" contains page upon page of utter falsehood, so much so that I can't give any of it creedence at all. That's the long and the short of it. It's a liar's testimony as far as I'm concerned.

• Winner
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So, in the DSS, in the Genesis Apocryphon, Abraham writes that the men of Pharaoh who returned Sarah to him asked him to teach them "Wisdom, values, and truth", and Abraham read to them from the book of Enoch.
In the DSS, there are about three dozen different Enoch manuscript fragments, showing that those Jews indeed considered Enoch sacred writing.
And the testimony of many early Church believers is recorded in many places that they did consider Enoch scripture, as in sacred writing. Anyone who seeks truth for themselves can look that up for themselves, instead of denying it was so.

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟217,925.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So, in the DSS, in the Genesis Apocryphon, Abraham writes that the men of Pharaoh who returned Sarah to him asked him to teach them "Wisdom, values, and truth", and Abraham read to them from the book of Enoch.
That's a shame, because if it's the same "Enoch" currently in circulation then what it said was as bogus as a $17.346 bill.

• Winner
Upvote 0

DeaconDean

Jul 19, 2005
✟100,334.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Please, go make a thread of your own on this. You have high jacked the OP intent of this one.
Thank you

Did I address you?

I posted a comment pages ago on Enoch 7:6.

A member questioned me about it.

I provided answers to questions.

So as far as this forum is concerned, as far as this thread is concerned, once a topic is brought out, I am well within my right to answer it.

Did you start this thread?

Is it yours?

No?

And, friend, none on my comments were directed at you personally.

Your starting to get personal here, and according to the rules, that's a "no-no".

FYI.

God Bless

Till all are one.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Upvote 0