Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Here a few of the OT and NT verses that goes with Jude 1:14:

Jde 1:14
Now Enoch, the seventh from Adam, prophesied about these men also, saying, “Behold, the Lord comes with ten thousands of His saints,............

Zech 14:5
And ye shall flee to the valley of the mountains; for the valley of the mountains shall reach to Azal: yes, ye shall flee as ye fled from before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah:
and the LORD my God shall come, and all the Saints with thee.
[1 Thess 3:13]

1 Thessalonians 3:13
Into the stand-fast of ye, the hearts blameless in together-holiness before the God and Father of us in the Parousia <3952> of the Lord of us, Jesus Christ, with all of the Saints of Him [Zech 14:5]

And there is Daniel 7:10

Dan 7:10
A flood of fire is proceeding and coming forth from before Him, a thousand thousands do serve Him, and a myriad of myriads before Him do rise up,
the Judge is seated, and the books have been opened. [Reve 5:11/Rev 20:12]

Rev 5:11
And I saw, and I heard the voice of many messengers round the throne, and the living creatures, and the elders -- and the number of them was myriads of myriads, and thousands of thousands --[Jude 1:14/Dan 7:10/1 Thess 3:13]

Rev 20:12
And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God,[fn] and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I found the video on YouTube (English text, Images, Music)
"Message to the Unborn 2"
Tags: Message of the Watchers, Book of Enoch, calendar, decryption.
This video shows the process of deciphering the Message of the Watchers.
Now the millennia-old story begun by Enoch is completed.
Hello and welcome to CF. Very interesting!
Glad to see you bump this thread up.......

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
So I was wondering how many people consider this to be inspired. I read through it this weekend and couldn't help but wonder what would make anyone think this was from God.

I agree Stryder.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
There is much confusion. For instance, many claim that the book of enoch is being "quoted"/referenced to in the new Testament, and therefore this legitimizes the book of enoch.
The book of Esther and Song of Solomon almost didn't make it into the canon.

Esther and Song of Songs

I can find a few NT references to the book of SofS.

The only places the phrase "daughters of Jerusalem" is used is in SofS and in Luke 23:28

Genesis 1:1 (NKJV)

Sng 8:4
I charge you, O daughters of Jerusalem,
Do not stir up nor awaken love
Until it pleases.

Luk 23:28
But Jesus, turning to them, said, “Daughters of Jerusalem, do not weep for Me, but weep for yourselves and for your children.

Then these verses concerning the king and perfume

Song of Solomon 1:
12While the king was at his table,
My perfume gave forth its fragrance. [John 12:2,3

John 12:
2 So they hosted a dinner for Jesus there. Martha served, and Lazarus was among those reclining at the table with Him.
3 Then Mary took about a pint of expensive perfume, made of pure nard, and anointed Jesus' feet and wiped them with her hair.
And the house was filled with the fragrance of the perfume.[SofS 1:12

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
The book of Esther and Song of Solomon almost didn't make it into the canon.

Esther and Song of Songs

I can find a few NT references to the book of SofS.

The only places the phrase "daughters of Jerusalem" is used is in SofS and in Luke 23:28

Genesis 1:1 (NKJV)

Sng 8:4
I charge you, O daughters of Jerusalem,
Do not stir up nor awaken love
Until it pleases.

Luk 23:28
But Jesus, turning to them, said, “Daughters of Jerusalem, do not weep for Me, but weep for yourselves and for your children.

Then these verses concerning the king and perfume

Song of Solomon 1:
12While the king was at his table,
My perfume gave forth its fragrance. [John 12:2,3

John 12:
2 So they hosted a dinner for Jesus there. Martha served, and Lazarus was among those reclining at the table with Him.
3 Then Mary took about a pint of expensive perfume, made of pure nard, and anointed Jesus' feet and wiped them with her hair.
And the house was filled with the fragrance of the perfume.[SofS 1:12

Do you believe that Enoch, the man of God, who walked with God, authored the book of enoch?

Upvote 0

DeaconDean

γέγονα χαλκὸς, κύμβαλον ἀλαλάζον
Jul 19, 2005
Gastonia N.C. (Piedmont of N.C.)
✟100,334.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
i'll try to remember LOL!

Looking forward to it.

Thank you for conversing with me.

God bless you too.

I'm back.

Disclaimer: The viewpoints expressed herein, with the exception on the length of the day in creation, are not mine. I do not advocate them, I only put them out for informational purposes only.

It has always been debated what exactly the length of the "day" was in the creation account. If you or anybody believe it was a literal 24 hour day, fine, God Bless you, I will not debate that. If you or anybody else believes that the "day" was a 1000 year "day", fine, God Bless you, I will not debate that.

In my opinion, the creation account is not about the "day". The most important fact of the creation account, in my opinion, is who did it to begin with.

Now, having said that, lets skip ahead to the fifth day. On that day, animal life was created (birds, fish, etc). On the sixth day, living "creatures" came forth (cattle, insects, etc). And in the middle of the day, man was created. Cf. Gen. 1:20-25

Nobody can say, not even the scriptures say how long Adam lived before Eve was brought forth from Adam's rib.

There are classified as " Old Testament Pseudepigrapha". Which means that in most likelihood, somebody using Adam's name, wrote these books. Since authorship cannot be determined, they also were left out of the canon.

But, I can't remember for sure whether it was the First book of Adam and Eve, or the Second Book of Adam and Eve, but I do however, remember reading that when God created the animals, God brought the to Adam to name them. (cf. Gen 2:20)

In the Book of Adam and Eve, it leads us to believe that it took Adam some 1500 years to name everything. Surely Adam couldn't have named everything God created in a day, But, with God, anything is possible.

Now, here are some facts: 1) We do not know for sure how long Adam lived prior to Eve. 2)We do not know long Adam and Eve lived prior to them sinning. 3) What we do know however, is how long Adam and Eve lived after they were expelled from the Garden of Eden. Adam lived to be 930 years old when he died. (cf. Gen. 5:5)

Methuselah was 960 years old when He died. (cf. Gen. 5:27)

So, it is entirely possible that Adam may, mind what I said, may have been as old as 2430 years when he died.

Now, before ya'll jump all over me, I do not teach this, nor do I support it as fact. I'm just offering it for informational sake.

God Bless

Till all are one.

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Wouldn't it be easier for people to list the reasons they believe it's not inspired?:confused:
Because the "Prove it ain't!" technique would leave you stuck with every piece of heretical claptrap ever written assumed to be inspired because apparently being contrary to observed reality doesn't count as "proof".

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Right, which makes it very interesting to see lonewolf Christians constantly appeal to it in order to corroborate whatever theories they come up with supposedly by just reading for themselves and praying.
It's very big with flying saucer buffs and conspiracy theorists, isn't it?

• Winner
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DeaconDean

Jul 19, 2005
✟100,334.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I think 1000 foot tall giants is a good start.

That's partly my argument also.

In Enoch 7:6 the writer says that these "giants" were the equivalent to being 450 feet tall, the same height as the Ark was long.

It is debatable, but I believe the Ark rests on Mt. Ararat.

If we have found bones, fossils of dinosaurs, why have we not found any fossils or bones of the antediluvians?

God Bless

Till all are one.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
That's partly my argument also.

In Enoch 7:6 the writer says that these "giants" were the equivalent to being 450 feet tall, the same height as the Ark was long.

It is debatable, but I believe the Ark rests on Mt. Ararat.

If we have found bones, fossils of dinosaurs, why have we not found any fossils or bones of the antediluvians?

God Bless

Till all are one.

What is the Book of Adam and Eve, and what is an antediluvian?

Upvote 0

DeaconDean

Jul 19, 2005
✟100,334.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What is the Book of Adam and Eve, and what is an antediluvian?

Definition of antediluvian
1 :of or relating to the period before the flood described in the Bible
2 a :made, evolved, or developed a long time ago
  • an antediluvian automobile
  • that antediluvian relic known as a slide rule
b :extremely primitive or outmoded
  • an antediluvian prejudice
  • antediluvian in his politics
Source

Cf. Gen. 6:2-4

The "giants/offspring" of the Nephilim (fallen angels) with the daughters of man. (antediluvians)

God Bless

Till all are one.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Definition of antediluvian
1 :of or relating to the period before the flood described in the Bible
2 a :made, evolved, or developed a long time ago
  • an antediluvian automobile
  • that antediluvian relic known as a slide rule
b :extremely primitive or outmoded
  • an antediluvian prejudice
  • antediluvian in his politics
Source

Cf. Gen. 6:2-4

The "giants/offspring" of the Nephilim (fallen angels) with the daughters of man. (antediluvians)

God Bless

Till all are one.

Is this the demon seed doctrine?

What is the Book of Adam and Eve?

Upvote 0

DeaconDean

Jul 19, 2005
✟100,334.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Is this the demon seed doctrine?

What is the Book of Adam and Eve?

Excuse me, that wasn't quite right.

My fingers moved faster than my brain.

The "fallen angels" (nephilim) saw the daughters of man were desirable and took them as wives and their offspring, these "giants" in Genesis 6, were the antediluvians.

The Book of Adam and Eve are a collection of a group of books called "The Lost Books of Eden".

God Bless

Till all are one.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Excuse me, that wasn't quite right.

My fingers moved faster than my brain.

The "fallen angels" (nephilim) saw the daughters of man were desirable and took them as wives and their offspring, these "giants" in Genesis 6, were the antediluvians.

The Book of Adam and Eve are a collection of a group of books called "The Lost Books of Eden".

God Bless

Till all are one.

Where did "The Lost Books of Eden" originate from?

Upvote 0

DeaconDean

Jul 19, 2005
✟100,334.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Where did "The Lost Books of Eden" originate from?

"The Lost Books of the Bible and the Forgotten Books of Eden (1926) is a collection of 17th-century and 18th-century English translations of some Old Testament Pseudepigrapha and New Testament Apocrypha, some of which were assembled in the 1820s, and then republished with the current title in 1926."

Wikipedia

Like I said, in reading any of these books, OT Apocrypha, NT Apocrypha, OT Pseudepigrapha, read it for informations sake. But do not teach or preach it for the truth.

Had I not read Enoch, I wouldn't have know that Enoch says these "antediluvians" were as tall as the Ark was long.

Had I not read Jasher, I wouldn't know Moses met Pharaohs magicians long before he went back to Egypt.

Had I not read the Apocalypse of Peter, I would not have known there was an early thought of varing degrees of punishment depending on the sin committed.

Had I not read the Book of Adam and Eve, I wouldn't have known that perhaps, Adam lived longer than any man in history.

If we take Tobit as truth, then who would need God's Spirit, when we can cast spells to keep demons away. See what I mean?

Like I said, I do not teach these theories, nor would I preach them. But it is useful information.

God Bless

Till all are one.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
"The Lost Books of the Bible and the Forgotten Books of Eden (1926) is a collection of 17th-century and 18th-century English translations of some Old Testament Pseudepigrapha and New Testament Apocrypha, some of which were assembled in the 1820s, and then republished with the current title in 1926."

Wikipedia

Like I said, in reading any of these books, OT Apocrypha, NT Apocrypha, OT Pseudepigrapha, read it for informations sake. But do not teach or preach it for the truth.

Had I not read Enoch, I wouldn't have know that Enoch says these "antediluvians" were as tall as the Ark was long.

Had I not read the Apocalypse of Peter, I would not have known there was an early thought of varing degrees of punishment depending on the sin committed.

Had I not read the Book of Adam and Eve, I wouldn't have known that perhaps, Adam lived longer than any man in history.

Like I said, I do not teach these theories, nor would I preach them. But it is useful information.

God Bless

Till all are one.

You are saying that Enoch authored the book of enoch and wrote about the "height of antediluvians"?

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Doesn't Pseudepigrapha mean falsely attributed works and texts whose claimed author is not the true author, or a work whose real author attributed it to a figure of the past?

Did some of these works originate amongst Jewish Hellenizers?

Upvote 0

DeaconDean

Jul 19, 2005
✟100,334.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You are saying that Enoch authored the book of enoch and wrote about the "height of antediluvians"?

No, the authorship is still in question.

When I said "Enoch" the reference was to the Book, not as Enoch as author and writer.

Enoch 7:6 says the height of these antediluvians were 300 cubits.

300 cubits multiplied by 1.5 ft (1 cubit) equals 450 feet.

God Bless

Till all are one.

Upvote 0