The Book of Adam and Eve, inspired or not?

Could this event of Satan stabbing Adam be true?

• Yes.... it is possible

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • No.... this test is almost certainly made up and false...

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I am not sure..... but this is an interesting possibility.

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
The Book of Revelation has an interesting verse that seems to allow for the possibility of humans adding to scripture. That may already have been attempted and.... may in many cases may already have been discovered by comparing the tests with more ancient manuscripts.

So I am not saying that the following book is completely inspired but......
could it be at least partly accurate?

Could it be accurate in the assertion that Satan, once killed Adam with a spear
thrust to the right side????

Chapter 69
Twelfth apparition of Satan to Adam and Eve, while Adam was praying over the offering on the altar; when Satan beat him.

1 Then Satan, the hater of all good, envious of Adam and of his offering through which he found favor with God, hastened and took a sharp stone from among the sharp iron stones; appeared in the form of a man, and went and stood by Adam and Eve. 2 Adam was then offering on the altar, and had begun to pray, with his hands spread before God. 3 Then Satan hastened with the sharp iron stone he had with him, and with it pierced Adam on the right side, from which flowed blood and water, then Adam fell on the altar like a corpse. And Satan fled. 4 Then Eve came, and took Adam and placed him below the altar. And there she stayed, crying over him; while a stream of blood flowed from Adam's side over his offering. 5 But God looked at the death of Adam. He then sent His Word, and raised him up and said to him, "Fulfill your offering, for indeed, Adam, it is worth much, and there is no shortcoming in it." (The Book of Adam and Eve)

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Here is a link to one version of the book and another interesting chapter.

Forgotten Books of Eden: First Book of Adam and Eve

Chapter XVIII - The mortal combat with the serpent.

1 When the accursed serpent saw Adam and Eve, it swelled its head, stood on its tail, and with eyes blood- red, acted like it would kill them. 2 It made straight for Eve, and ran after her; while Adam standing by, cried because he had no stick in his hand with which to hit the serpent, and did not know how to put it to death. 3 But with a heart burning for Eve, Adam approached the serpent, and held it by the tail; when it turned towards him and said to him: -- 4 "O Adam, because of you and of Eve, I am slippery, and go on my belly." Then with its great strength, it threw down Adam and Eve and squeezed them, and tried to kill them. 5 But God sent an angel who threw the serpent away from them, and raised them up. 6 Then the Word of God came to the serpent, and said to it, "The first time I made you slick, and made you to go on your belly; but I did not deprive you of speech. 7 This time, however, you will be mute, and you and your race will speak no more; because, the first time My creatures were ruined because of you, and this time you tried to kill them." 8 Then the serpent was struck mute, and was no longer able to speak. 9 And a wind blew down from heaven by the command of God and carried away the serpent from Adam and Eve, and threw it on the seashore where it landed in India.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I find some of these books interesting from literary standpoint, but find them no more inspired than an episode of Sponge Bob.

So Satan stabbing Adam in the right side......
doesn't seem at all plausible to you?

Upvote 0

Phil 1:21

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So Satan stabbing Adam in the right side......
doesn't seem at all plausible to you?

I’m sorry; I was more addressing the question raised by the thread title than the survey. Genesis 5 doesn’t tell us how Adam died, but I just can't see this being a possibility. If Satan were able to materialize and start stabbing people, the Bible contains a long, long list of people he’d have targeted. Do I think it’s plausible? To me, not really.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
As you've read these books, how do they change your understanding of God?

Do they follow biblical teaching or do they contradict it?

As those near to when they were written did not include them in the bible they are not likely to be of any spiritual value.

• Agree
Reactions: DennisTate
Upvote 0

Phil 1:21

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just talking here but I assume Satan was materialized at the time as a snake, and it would have been tough for him to handle a spear, if nothing else.

I don't put anything past snakes. I hate those things. :argh:

Upvote 0

Greg J.

Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2016
Southeast Michigan
✟233,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It doesn't matter what is inspired outside of the Bible. All kinds of writings were inspired by God and written down and are sold as books today, some of them worth reading (IMO, The Final Quest by Rick Joyner). But none of it adds to or subtracts from the Bible that we have. That is, if something doesn't conform to the Bible, then it is not an addition or subtraction, and is rejected because it can't be from God. And if it does conform to Scripture, it still doesn't add to or subtract from the Bible. We don't look to it for "improved" information about God. God has provided everything needed in the books of the canon to accomplish his purposes: to lead us to Jesus, to know him, to come to completely rely on him in all ways, and to be led by the Holy Spirit.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
They fascinate me, but less so than they used to. I think we are supposed to hate them...and especially our women.

I think Women are swell.:sorry:

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It doesn't matter what is inspired outside of the Bible. ...That is, if something doesn't conform to the Bible, then it is not an addition or subtraction, and is rejected because it can't be from God. And if it does conform to Scripture, it still doesn't add to or subtract from the Bible... God has provided everything needed in the books of the canon to accomplish his purposes: to lead us to Jesus, to know him, to come to completely rely on him in all ways, and to be led by the Holy Spirit.

Yes, that what heads of churches keep saying.

Upvote 0

Greg J.

Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2016
Southeast Michigan
✟233,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The heads of churches are repeating what happened when all the writings of Scripture were passed around in the era after Jesus' ascension & the Apostle John's death. All the Word of God given to humans was completed before the canonization. The canonization was a method of achieving a unity among humans about what was from God. IMO, the quality of all other writings is identifiably worse and conflict in some way with texts whose accuracy was more reliable. I conclude this from seeing how much people struggle struggle simply to reconcile all of the books in the canon!

Reactions: DennisTate
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
If Satan were able to materialize and start stabbing people, the Bible contains a long, long list of people he’d have targeted.
Right.
The enemy has others do the dirty work - when God permits that is.
It (stapping people) happens every day, millions of times probably, by actual count. (albeit, 'drug' stabbing; drug use)
Proving it is not hard, but not popular at all - the people and the world have been tricked for so long.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Just talking here but I assume Satan was materialized at the time as a snake, and it would have been tough for him to handle a spear, if nothing else.
Perhaps but not necessary, and possibly not even likely.

As written, when the devil appears to people today, it is as a shining one - an apparent "angel of light", to deceive. Totally with credentials, convincing backround, convincing arguments and documents and all false, but
absolutely deceives the whole world with what is false.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
As written, when the devil appears to people today, it is as a shining one - an apparent "angel of light", to deceive. Totally with credentials, convincing backround, convincing arguments and documents and all false, but
absolutely deceives the whole world with what is false.

But then wasn't "today", :) even at that, no one really knows.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sorry,
have to go back to what God Himself says.
Millions upon millions on earth have been marketed like beef by other people.

Which passage is that?
I just did a search for it and found nothing.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
It doesn't matter what is inspired outside of the Bible. All kinds of writings were inspired by God and written down and are sold as books today, some of them worth reading (IMO, The Final Quest by Rick Joyner). But none of it adds to or subtracts from the Bible that we have. That is, if something doesn't conform to the Bible, then it is not an addition or subtraction, and is rejected because it can't be from God. And if it does conform to Scripture, it still doesn't add to or subtract from the Bible. We don't look to it for "improved" information about God. God has provided everything needed in the books of the canon to accomplish his purposes: to lead us to Jesus, to know him, to come to completely rely on him in all ways, and to be led by the Holy Spirit.

Personally.... I feel that Pastor Rick Joyner has a Cephas / Peter calling on his life because
The Final Quest reminds me so much of an extended and expanded Acts 10.

Acts Chapter 10 (KJV)

Upvote 0