Visit site
✟83,771.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Paul only in one place teaches the church as the Body of Christ, it is not Christ's body in any mystical sense but as a highly practical and functional body in relation to the gifts of the Holy Spirit.

Miracles, healing, helps and administration, prophesying and teaching, exorcism and discerning of spirits, word of knowledge/wisdom.

These are all the things which Jesus did throughout His ministry by the Holy Spirit.

Now no man has the whole Christ, we do have Christ don't get worried, but we have not the full stature, that is where we are headed but we are persuaded that we will not attain to it until He comes and we are transformed.

So when the evangelist says "Christ in YOU" and applies it to the individual that is an erroneous emphasis, when Paul spoke about "Christ in you" he meant the assembly. The assembly is the Body of Christ and we are members of His Body...to the Lone Rangers out there I appeal to you that you cannot function without your brothers and sisters.

This erroneous emphasis of the doctrine of Christ in you is what caused the "confess and possess" mistake and the "little gods" error.

Never the less the Body of Christ which Paul preached was to carry on the same supernatural ministry of Jesus in every town and every city it met...it was supposed to be as though Jesus came to town.

This is what turned the world upside down and will turn YOUR corner of the world upside down today.

Reactions: Saint Steven

Pneuma3

Apr 12, 2006
✟54,054.00
Faith
Christian
Paul only in one place teaches the church as the Body of Christ, it is not Christ's body in any mystical sense but as a highly practical and functional body in relation to the gifts of the Holy Spirit.

Miracles, healing, helps and administration, prophesying and teaching, exorcism and discerning of spirits, word of knowledge/wisdom.

These are all the things which Jesus did throughout His ministry by the Holy Spirit.

Now no man has the whole Christ, we do have Christ don't get worried, but we have not the full stature, that is where we are headed but we are persuaded that we will not attain to it until He comes and we are transformed.

So when the evangelist says "Christ in YOU" and applies it to the individual that is an erroneous emphasis, when Paul spoke about "Christ in you" he meant the assembly. The assembly is the Body of Christ and we are members of His Body...to the Lone Rangers out there I appeal to you that you cannot function without your brothers and sisters.

This erroneous emphasis of the doctrine of Christ in you is what caused the "confess and possess" mistake and the "little gods" error.

Never the less the Body of Christ which Paul preached was to carry on the same supernatural ministry of Jesus in every town and every city it met...it was supposed to be as though Jesus came to town.

This is what turned the world upside down and will turn YOUR corner of the world upside down today.

The many membered body of Christ

Upvote 0

Hillsage

One 4 Him & Him 4 all
Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2009
The land of OZ
✟322,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married

I think you are not differentiating between the spirit of Christ which was in the body of Jesus and the Holy Spirit of God. which dwelt upon the body of Jesus. And Jesus the Christ is our pattern son.

I personally think I have the whole and entire spirit of Christ in me which I received at my new birth or "new creation". And that Christ spirit in me, is the same holy human spirit that "Jesus the Christ" was born with. And it was no 'partial birth' with Jesus or for me at my spirit's re-birth.

I also believe the 'spirit of Christ' is in me, and the Holy Spirit of God is upon me, just like they were with Jesus.

But the 'singular body/temple' which the Holy Spirit dwells in is not my singular body. He dwells in the one temple which we make up, by being individual "living stones" being built into "a spiritual house/temple" in which the Holy Spirit himself dwells in.

1PE 2:5 and like living stones (pl) be yourselves built into a spiritual house (sg),

IOW 'WE' make up the "SPIRITUAL HOUSE or TEMPLE" that the Holy Spirit dwells in.

EPH 2:20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone; 21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord: 22 In whom YE also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

Below Paul is speaking to the plural "YE" which makes up the singular corporate your (PL) 'body (SG) of Christ' at Corinth. And it is in 'that body' in which 'the Holy Spirit' of God dwells. He dwells in US plural as the corporate "TEMPLE" singular.

1CO 6:19 What? know YE (pl) not that your (Pl) body (Sg) is the temple (Sg) of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

Upvote 0

Billy Evmur

Brother
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2018
London
Visit site
✟83,771.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Paul in Corinthians teaches that every member has a function, a gift, a participation in ministry.

One has the ability to perform signs and wonders, another has gifts of healing, another prophesies, another has the gift of tongues, interpretation and so on. The same Holy Spirit, One Body having many members.

Upvote 0

Hillsage

One 4 Him & Him 4 all
Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2009
The land of OZ
✟322,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Paul in Corinthians teaches that every member has a function, a gift, a participation in ministry.

One has the ability to perform signs and wonders, another has gifts of healing, another prophesies, another has the gift of tongues, interpretation and so on. The same Holy Spirit, One Body having many members.
I am going to disagree. Both scripturally and experientially. I believe I have had 8 of the 9 "gifts/charisma" of the Holy Spirit flow through me in my Christian walk. The only one I've never had the Spirit 'manifest' through me was "interpretation of tongues". So, please back with scripture, where you think everyone has 'one gift'. And then explain how 8 out of 9 listed in chapter 12, were manifested through me.

Upvote 0

Billy Evmur

Brother
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2018
London
Visit site
✟83,771.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Paul is speaking about participation in meetings. 1 Cor.14. "how is then when ye assemble, EACH ONE hath a hymn, a lesson, a revelation, a tongue or an interpretation" let the prophets prophesy and let the others weigh what is said.

1. Cor.12.
"to each is given the manifestation of the Spirit for the common good. To one is given the utterance of wisdom and to another the utterance of knowledge according to the same Spirit, to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by the one Spirit, to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another the ability to distinguish between spirits, to another various kinds of tongues to another interpretation of tongues.

All these are inspired by one and the same Spirit who apportions to each one individually as He wills.

Upvote 0

Pneuma3

Apr 12, 2006
✟54,054.00
Faith
Christian
Paul is speaking about participation in meetings. 1 Cor.14. "how is then when ye assemble, EACH ONE hath a hymn, a lesson, a revelation, a tongue or an interpretation" let the prophets prophesy and let the others weigh what is said.

1. Cor.12.
"to each is given the manifestation of the Spirit for the common good. To one is given the utterance of wisdom and to another the utterance of knowledge according to the same Spirit, to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by the one Spirit, to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another the ability to distinguish between spirits, to another various kinds of tongues to another interpretation of tongues.

All these are inspired by one and the same Spirit who apportions to each one individually as He wills.

That is not saying that everyone only has one gift of the spirit, but only one gift to be used at a time in meetings.

Did Jesus only have one gift of the spirit?
Did Paul, Peter and the boys only have one gift of the spirit?

We are to come unto full stature in Christ and that means we are to be just like Him with all the gifts of the spirit in operation.

• Agree
Reactions: Hillsage
Upvote 0

Hillsage

One 4 Him & Him 4 all
Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2009
The land of OZ
✟322,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married

You answer your own misunderstanding of scripture in your first line. 'Paul is speaking about PARTICIPATION IN MEETINGS....not personal times of MINISTRY which happen outside these 'guidelines' you're misapplying IMO. The Holy Spirit is supposed to be leading the assembly. And YOU are not the main show, so manifesting one thing is enough in an assembly. Unfortunately, if you go to any church on Sunday for a "meeting/assembly", and you do have a 'hymm, lesson, prophesy etc.' from the Holy Spirit.....tell me something. Who is going to sing? You or the song leader/choir. Who is going to 'give a lesson' you or the preacher? Who is going to prophesy? Well on that last one, since Paul told this charismatic church of Corinth that "you may ALL prophesy" then we have a problem According to you. Everyone has the same 'one gift' so nothing else can happen, if you're right.

All this is a problem unless you wait until the Spirit leads you/others to 'start a song' or 'share a lesson God's given you in study' or for you/prophet to 'prophesy' to an individual or to the corporate body (prophet)....you will have disorder in what is a, supposed to be, Spirit led church meeting/assembly.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Billy Evmur

Brother
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2018
London
Visit site
✟83,771.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That is not saying that everyone only has one gift of the spirit, but only one gift to be used at a time in meetings.

Did Jesus only have one gift of the spirit?
Did Paul, Peter and the boys only have one gift of the spirit?

We are to come unto full stature in Christ and that means we are to be just like Him with all the gifts of the spirit in operation.

I never said that everyone only has one gift, that is not the intent of my post. The intent is to show that everyone has a participation, even if it is a hymn or reading, how many folks that has been a blessing and help to.

Or if the participation is to weigh up what is said in meeting.

My main point is that the BOC is a real functioning body, not a purely mystical entity.

The Son of God dwelt in a prepared body at Nazareth, after He ascended He came to dwell in a prepared body, the assembly...but the manifestation is the same, the ministry is the same...or ought to be.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BCsenior

Still an evangelist
Aug 31, 2017
British Columbia
✟72,426.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Nevertheless the Body of Christ which Paul preached was to carry on the same supernatural ministry of Jesus in every town and every city it met...it was supposed to be as though Jesus came to town.
SUPER! and AMEN!

• Friendly
Reactions: Billy Evmur
Upvote 0

BCsenior

Still an evangelist
Aug 31, 2017
British Columbia
✟72,426.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I also believe the 'spirit of Christ' is in me,
and the Holy Spirit of God is upon me ...
Please allow me to clarify ...
INSIDE is when receiving the Spirit for the first time.
UPON is when receiving the baptism with the Holy Spirit.

However, some do receive both simultaneously.
All of the above is absolutely guaranteed fact.
And I don't say that often, do I?

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Hillsage

One 4 Him & Him 4 all
Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2009
The land of OZ
✟322,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married

Clarification is not needed. That's what I too was taught. But I now believe it was done wrongfully so. That is what my #3 post is explaining. So your posted opinion above refutes nothing I posted to support my opinion with scripture like I did.

Having said that, I am bound to remain believing, that when your spirit was born again, it was born A holy spirit. It is the same spirit of Christ in you which was in Jesus. And it is that 'same' Christ spirit which Jesus surrendered to the Father from the cross. Jesus did not say; "Into thy hands I commit the Holy Spirit." Nor did he say; "Into thy hand I commit OUR spirit." He said; "Into thy hands I commit MY spirit." which was the Christ spirit. And the translators even interpreted "spirit" correctly 'that time' by not capitalizing it.

Question BC; Do you think that the 'spirit of Christ' which was in 'Jesus the Christ' from His birth, was 'a holy spirit' or 'an unholy spirit'?

Another question; What makes you think it ever happens simultaneously?

• Agree
Reactions: Pneuma3
Upvote 0

Pneuma3

Apr 12, 2006
✟54,054.00
Faith
Christian
I never said that everyone only has one gift, that is not the intent of my post. The intent is to show that everyone has a participation, even if it is a hymn or reading, how many folks that has been a blessing and help to.

Or if the participation is to weigh up what is said in meeting.

My main point is that the BOC is a real functioning body, not a purely mystical entity.

The Son of God dwelt in a prepared body at Nazareth, after He ascended He came to dwell in a prepared body, the assembly...but the manifestation is the same, the ministry is the same...or ought to be.

Thanks for clarifiying I thought you meant something else. I agree with this post.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Hillsage

One 4 Him & Him 4 all
Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2009
The land of OZ
✟322,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married

You asked me to please let you clarify with this last post of yours. Which I did. Now will you please clarify why you aren't answering the questions below which I asked you, in my last post?

Question BC; Do you think that the 'spirit of Christ' which was in 'Jesus the Christ' from His birth, was 'a holy spirit' or 'an unholy spirit'?

Another question; What makes you think it ever happens simultaneously?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,450,892.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Okay, folks, before everyone gets led off into the weeds arguing about gift specificities, let's address the OP issue of the Body of Christ as something more than merely a spiritualized notion.

Look at my signature. I agree with the OP.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Billy Evmur

Brother
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2018
London
Visit site
✟83,771.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The whole assembly participating in the ministry of Jesus, all that He began to teach and do, including such gifts as discerning of spirits and the job of weighing up all that is said and done would be the solution to so many of the problems and excesses in the Charismatic/Pentecostal fold.

No more superstars, one stand bands. An end to extravagant teachings and prophecies. All would be done at the local level.

And what an exciting place church would become. An end to the leadership of men. The church is not meant to platform based but congregation based.

I think such churches would never be closed.

• Agree
Reactions: Hillsage
Upvote 0

BCsenior

Still an evangelist
Aug 31, 2017
British Columbia
✟72,426.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
INSIDE is when receiving the Spirit for the first time. UPON is when receiving the baptism with the Holy Spirit. However, some do receive both simultaneously.
That's what I too was taught. But I now believe it was done wrongfully so. That is what my #3 post is explaining. So your posted opinion above refutes nothing I posted to support my opinion with scripture like I did.
... What makes you think it ever happens simultaneously?
There are 7 (and ONLY 7) verses in the NT,
which show that the Spirit comes UPON those
who are receiving the baptism with the Holy Spirit!
IMO, this happened to the 120, and countless others
also have had the "simultaneous" experience!

The Holy Spirit baptizes BACs into the church ...
1 Cor 12:13.
Jesus baptizes some BACs with the baptism with the
Holy Spirit, which is a special anointing of spiritual
power for ministry of some kind. (IMO, this is always
accompanied by some tongues as a confirmation.)

May I ask: have you experienced Jesus' baptism?
If so, what ministry, what spiritual power gifts, etc.?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BCsenior

Still an evangelist
Aug 31, 2017
British Columbia
✟72,426.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
We all begin as babes in Christ growing up into the full stature, it was/is
the Holy Spirit who does the works.
Yes, absolutely ... but our co-operation is required.
God did not create any robots: not angels, nor BACs!
(Some angels and some BACs will be in the Lake of Fire.)
The blessings of the New Covenant are conditional.

Would you care to review all of the "IF" verses?
"IF" you are good little BAC boys 'n girls ...
you get to keep your salvation (eternal life)!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Billy Evmur

Brother
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2018
London
Visit site
✟83,771.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes, absolutely ... but our co-operation is required.
God did not create any robots: not angels, nor BACs!
(Some angels and some BACs will be in the Lake of Fire.)
The blessings of the New Covenant are conditional.

Would you care to review all of the "IF" verses?
"IF" you are good little BAC boys 'n girls ...
you get to keep your salvation (eternal life)!

You have that view seemingly...I don't.

Upvote 0