eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
KIG6K3DLWBAPJGC2KABD4JCZGM.jpg

The snow and winds are going to increase as the night wears on. Some areas are predicted to get 24 to 30 inches of snow. The governor has declared a state of emergency to keep everyone off the roads. A real Nor’Easter.

“Paisios”

Sinner
Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2014
✟594,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
KIG6K3DLWBAPJGC2KABD4JCZGM.jpg

The snow and winds are going to increase as the night wears on. Some areas are predicted to get 24 to 30 inches of snow. The governor has declared a state of emergency to keep everyone off the roads. A real Nor’Easter.
Not looking forward to going to work today, though the snow has not yet started here in NH. I am hoping we get smaller totals than you are expecting.

• Prayers
Reactions: pdudgeon
Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟433,891.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I won’t be budging. Car is in the garage. As long as power stays on I am good.

Do you have a wood burning fireplace or anything like that to keep warm and cook with in case the power does go out? Looks like you all have gotten between 3-8" so far with about 10 more to go.

Upvote 0

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
Not looking forward to going to work today, though the snow has not yet started here in NH. I am hoping we get smaller totals than you are expecting.
Do you have a wood burning fireplace or anything like that to keep warm and cook with in case the power does go out? Looks like you all have gotten between 3-8" so far with about 10 more to go.

No I live in a brick walk up apartment so no wood stove. Most power outages so far have been around Cape Cod and the Islands. They have high winds and a heavier wet snow.

In my area it is blizzard conditions . The plows are not even out. The snow is coming down pretty hard. I am in the 24 to 30 inch area. Crazy.

upload_2022-1-29_12-55-17.jpeg

Upvote 0

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian

I think the worse will be more South and East. Hopefully you guys miss it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian

Old Northeast cities have power above ground for the most part. So if a pole goes down then it’s lights out.

• Prayers
Reactions: pdudgeon
Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟433,891.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Old Northeast cities have power above ground for the most part. So if a pole goes down then it’s lights out.

Yeah it's the same here, just wondered if maybe anybody had upgraded.

My fiancee and her kids lost power for something like 36 hours when that storm hit earlier this month down here.

Talk about infrastructure bill. If they're going to pump billions into transitioning something, maybe transition utilities to underground conduits instead of twelve year old boys into girls.

Upvote 0

“Paisios”

Sinner
Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2014
✟594,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I think the worse will be more South and East. Hopefully you guys miss it.
Keeping you in prayer.

Looks like we’re heading for ~12” total. My workplace closed down early, so I got home before the roads got too bad.

Upvote 0

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
Keeping you in prayer.

Looks like we’re heading for ~12” total. My workplace closed down early, so I got home before the roads got too bad.

Good for you. Better to be home safe. Still snowing here and winds. The plows are sitting tight, they haven’t even started. God forbid if they needed an ambulance on my street. There would be no way they would make it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

“Paisios”

Sinner
Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2014
✟594,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Good for you. Better to be home safe. Still snowing here and winds. The plows are sitting tight, they haven’t even started. God forbid if they needed an ambulance on my street. There would be no way they would make it.
Well, we’re up to ~18 inches and some blowing winds now. I hope you are doing well.

Upvote 0

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
Well, we’re up to ~18 inches and some blowing winds now. I hope you are doing well.

Doing well here. Glad to hear your well. My area has 24 inches. The crazy place was the coastal communities of the South shore. The town of Scituate on the ocean recorded wind gusts up to 90 mph. That’s crazy.

You guys in NH get a lot of snow.

Upvote 0