Prescott, Az
✟39,243.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Isaiah 65:8. Thus says the Lord, As the new wine is found in the cluster, and one
says, destroy it not; for a blessing is in it: so will I do for my servants' sakes, that
I may not destroy them all.

Acts 2:

12 And they were all amazed, and were in doubt, saying one to another, What means this?
13 Others mocking said, These men are full of new wine.
14 But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice, and said unto them,
You men of Judaea, and all you that dwell at Jerusalem, be this known unto you, and
hearken to my words:
15 For these are not drunken, as you suppose, seeing it is but the third hour of the day.
16 But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel.

Sounds like something prophetic is indicated here?
new wine-[G1098] gleukos, used only here, but also in The Septuagint here:

Job 32:19. Behold, my belly is as wine which hath no vent; it is ready to burst
like new bottles.

Fermenting grapes, as opposed to “strong drink”.
Luke 1:15. For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine
nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Spirit, even from his mother's womb.

strong drink-[G4608] sikera=date wine with honey, from the Hebrew [H7941]-shekar
also translated “strong drink” to distinguish from wine.

Leviticus 10:9. Do not drink wine nor strong drink, you, nor your sons with you, when you go into the tabernacle of the congregation, lest you die: it shall be a statute for ever throughout your generations.
There is a time to abstain, and a time to embibe.

"New wine" is also used in the Old Testament.

New wine [H8492] tiyrosh
Isaiah 24:7. The new wine mourns, the vine languishes, all the merry hearted do sigh.
Hosea 4:11.
Whoredom and wine and new wine take away the heart.

Last edited:

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟39,243.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Luke 5:
37 And no man puts new wine into old bottles; else the new wine will burst the bottles,
and be spilled, and the bottles shall perish.

38 But new wine must be put into new bottles; and both are preserved.

You must be born again from above to receive the effervescent, new wine of The Holy Spirit.

Luke 5:39.
And no one after drinking old wine wants the new, for they say, ‘The old is better.’”
Does this not suggest that the Pharisees He is addressing are stuck in their 'old ways', and
refusing to embrace the message of new life He brings?
The Passion Translation 'interprets' it that way.
Yet you say, ‘The old ways are better,’ and you refuse to even taste the new that I bring.”

Upvote 0