Dec 8, 2007
✟825,537.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Hi everyone, below is a link to our not overy high-Church divine service from this morning. Pastor had a great sermon regarding St. Mary, based on the appointed Gospel; the visitation.
The sermon begins at about 29:30. Blessings to all!

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟472,156.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Upvote 0

Thatgirloncfforums

Sep 28, 2021
Nowhere
✟40,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟825,537.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟472,156.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Celibate

I wish you would upload to Facebook; increasingly all my favorite parishes are there, even St. Stephen Walbrook in London. Ubiquitous streaming of church services will be the silver lining of what has happened to our churches due to Covid, because in the future, people who are ill or bedridden or depressed or who desire true beauty rather than cheap entertainment will be able to watch church services all day, and thanks to time zones, actively pray along with some in real time.

Also, people will be able to see the worship of certain other religions and see there is nothing they have that can compare; at best they have fragments of the truth, like in Zoroastrianism (which is a religion I like because of its polar opposition to Hinduism, which has some dark stuff; Zoroastrianism gave us the three Magi but it also gave us, possibly, Simon Magus (although the fact he was not Persian suggests his title was probably an affectation and he was not a Zoroastrian priest, but was rather something of a fakir). But seriously, if you look at, say, Mormonism, or mainstream Islamic worship, or even the interesting Zoroastrian “Yasna” liturgy, you will just see shadows of a more beautiful reality.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟825,537.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I wish you would upload to Facebook; increasingly all my favorite parishes are there, even St. Stephen Walbrook in London. Ubiquitous streaming of church services will be the silver lining of what has happened to our churches due to Covid, because in the future, people who are ill or bedridden or depressed or who desire true beauty rather than cheap entertainment will be able to watch church services all day, and thanks to time zones, actively pray along with some in real time.

Also, people will be able to see the worship of certain other religions and see there is nothing they have that can compare; at best they have fragments of the truth, like in Zoroastrianism (which is a religion I like because of its polar opposition to Hinduism, which has some dark stuff; Zoroastrianism gave us the three Magi but it also gave us, possibly, Simon Magus (although the fact he was not Persian suggests his title was probably an affectation and he was not a Zoroastrian priest, but was rather something of a fakir). But seriously, if you look at, say, Mormonism, or mainstream Islamic worship, or even the interesting Zoroastrian “Yasna” liturgy, you will just see shadows of a more beautiful reality.
We do upload to FB: https://www.facebook.com/search/top?q=st. peter's evangelical lutheran church
So do I: Iniciar sesión en Facebook

We are looking to get a YouTube Channel for next year.

• Winner
Reactions: The Liturgist
Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟472,156.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Celibate
We do upload to FB: https://www.facebook.com/search/top?q=st. peter's evangelical lutheran church
So do I: Iniciar sesión en Facebook

We are looking to get a YouTube Channel for next year.

I meant YouTube actually... I have several friends who have youtube channels who could assist. They’re mostly young open source programmers and CS students, who also like video editing, who I met through a computer science related channel on Discord would do it for friendship etc. There is a young man who visits one of my mission parishes periodically, from a good family, with good work ethics, intelligent, who built his own house in the desert, who is a junior network engineer, 19, working on his entry level Cisco cert, who was also doing paramedics, whose mother got diagnosed last month with stage 4 cancer, and who is in the ICU, who could probably use something to do (and by the way, everyone reading this, please pray for him and his mother).

Upvote 0

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟825,537.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I meant YouTube actually... I have several friends who have youtube channels who could assist. They’re mostly young open source programmers and CS students, who also like video editing, who I met through a computer science related channel on Discord would do it for friendship etc. There is a young man who visits one of my mission parishes periodically, from a good family, with good work ethics, intelligent, who built his own house in the desert, who is a junior network engineer, 19, working on his entry level Cisco cert, who was also doing paramedics, whose mother got diagnosed last month with stage 4 cancer, and who is in the ICU, who could probably use something to do (and by the way, everyone reading this, please pray for him and his mother).
Pastor worked in IT for a large Engineering company while attending pre-sem. Youtube is on the way... :)

• Winner
Reactions: The Liturgist
Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟472,156.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Celibate
Pastor worked in IT for a large Engineering company while attending pre-sem. Youtube is on the way... :)

Cool. I majored in computer science and do embedded operating systems development to support my work (and it was my main activity after I left the United Church of Christ), but I am a bit like Don Knuth, the legendary computer scientist who wrote The Art of Computer Programming, and got rid of his email account in 1990, in that I try very hard to stay out of IT. IT is fast paced and involves panicked customers yelling at you while you try to fix their problem, and when you do, they worship you like a god, only to freak out on you the next time there is a problem. OS development is more tranquil, because it involves deep reflection on how to do things in a safe, sane and efficient way that wont trash your users’ data or hardware, especially in embedded systems where even today we still use some very resource constrained hardware, like the tiny CPU inside recent Intel CPUs which ran the Active Management Engine software, on a stripped down open source OS called Minix, or miniscule real time operating systems like VxWorks or the open source eCos operating system. Even if you do something stupid like break the build, you don’t have people yelling at you.

My friends who are in IT as sysadmins or network engineers, or to a lesser extent web developers, tend to be adrenaline junkies who regard programming as boring and systems programming as incredibly boring. I love it; I got into it by accident and I just have a passion for operating systems. This is the case for my young friend Devin, who was also training to be a paramedic before his mother got sick.

Upvote 0