England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
'In this one God there are three persons,perfectly equal and of the same substance. The Father who proceeds from none. The Son who is begotten of the Father before all ages and the Holy Spirit,who proceeds eternally from the Father and the Son and that these three persons are all equally eternal,equal in wisdom and power and all three one and the same LORD,one and the same God.'

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Matthew 28 gives the Great Commission, confirming the reality of the Trinity, directly from Jesus himself...wow...

18 Jesus came and told his disciples, “I have been given all authority in heaven and on earth.

19 Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptising them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit.

20 Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
God is Father, Son, Holy Spirit and Man.

A Quadrinity.

"What if you see the Son of Man ascend to where he was before!...Now is the Son of Man glorified and God is glorified in him." -- (John 6:62, John 13:31).
Jesus became Man. Man was never God!

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
God the Father and God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. One God revealed in three persons. Man was created by God and is not God,but one with God as part of His family when born again. This does not make Man God!

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
'Holy! Holy! Holy! LORD God Almighty!'

"For we do not have a high priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but One who has been tempted in all things as we are, yet without sin."

John 1 (NLT)

Prologue: Christ, the Eternal Word
1 In the beginning the Word already existed.
The Word was with God,
and the Word was God.
2 He existed in the beginning with God.
3 God created everything through him,
and nothing was created except through him.
4 The Word gave life to everything that was created,
and his life brought light to everyone.
5 The light shines in the darkness,
and the darkness can never extinguish it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Man can be a child of God and partake in the Divine nature. Man will never be God. There is one God revealed in three persons. God the Father. God the Son and God the Holy Spirit but only One God.

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟988,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Jesus had a sin nature just as man does, which he overcame on the behalf of man.
Jesus not only died for sin on the behalf of man, he also conquered sin in his own flesh on the behalf of man:
"For what the law could not do in that it was weakened by the sinful nature, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh" -- (Romans 8:3).
Jesus condemned the sin in the flesh of man by conquering the sin in his own flesh.

The un-willingness to refrain from this direct contradiction of v15 doesn’t lessen the impact of the message. As a justification for you and me, He died "for" sins, not with sins. He would not have - as you say “conquered sin in his own flesh” without being sinless.

Honestly, I think you may have over-corrected. He didn’t take upon a sin nature, He took the penalty of the sin nature. We must not tamper with that truth, ,

“For Christ also suffered once for sins” (I Peter 2:21)
“Christ also died once for our sins, the just for the unjust” (I Peter 3:18)
“, , as of a lamb unblemished and spotless (I Peter 1:19).​

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

musicalpilgrim

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Through the human nature of Christ, who is also God, Man is now included in the divine nature of God.

May I ask...do you feel on an equal footing with God?

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
We are afraid to say that Man is God because we don’t want to exalt Man to the status of God.
But the truth is that it is God who has exalted Man to the status of God through His Son and through His Holy Spirit.

The Son of God took on the nature of Man and also became the embodiment of Man through the divine union of His Spirit with Man.

"Here there is no Greek or Jew, circumcised or uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave or free, but Christ is all, and is in all." -- (Colossians 3:11).

The Son is the embodiment of Man. The Son of God is both God and Man. Therefore, through the Son, God is Man and Man is God.
Your teaching is not acceptable on the Pentecostal/AOG sub-forum and need to be removed. You are in violation of the fundamental truths of this sub-forum.

Upvote 0