Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hello, I am a Christian and my favorite thing is to go down to our local bar district and share Christ with the people as they pass by. Recently we have had these men dressed in Old Testament prophet style attire, come out and shouting an unusual teaching. They seem to believe that Salvation was meant for only the Jews and particularly claim that the real descendants of the twelve tribes were black. The white man is considered the devil to them. They have called me the devil many times and even shout profanities while quoting scripture. I have not had any dealings directly with this false doctrine so I wasn't sure how to react. I pointed out to them where Rev. 5:9 says there will be all races before the throne in heaven, and they claimed it was just the Jewish lineage called out of those nations, people tribe and tongues. I pointed out that it also says out of every blood, but they didn't like that and just tried misquoting other passages. I told them they were blind leading the blind and both will fall in the ditch. I was wondering if anyone has ever heard of such a cult and has some good information for sharing the truth with them?

Thank you
Brad

BradB

Jan 14, 2013
✟22,216.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
They believe Jesus was black also i think . It's just cult like other 40 000 cults .

Yes they had one of the famous white Jesus paintings and had drawn devils horns and a snake tongue on it. I was just looking for other passages that show salvation is for the Jew and Gentile alike.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟730,946.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Sanoy

Apr 27, 2017
America
✟118,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They are called Hebrew Israelites. Some of them can get quite nasty and profane. Part of their beliefs include...

1. King James was a black man
2. Britain was recently ruled by black Israelites.
3. White people will be their slaves in the coming kingdom.

James white has two good debates against one of them on youtube that will let you know what they are about. If you search it, its the guy named rawcha.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Disciple of Jesus
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
✟146,199.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
.... Salvation was meant for only the Jews and particularly claim that the real descendants of the twelve tribes were black. ...

I would ask, why they think they were all black. Clearly, they don’t believe what the Bible tells. And then I would also notice this:

For he is not a Jew who is one outwardly, neither is that circumcision which is outward in the flesh; but he is a Jew who is one inwardly, and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit not in the letter; whose praise is not from men, but from God.

Romans 2:28-29

And Jesus sent his disciples to declare the same message for all nations:

Therefore go, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I commanded you. Behold, I am with you always, even to the end of the age."
Mat. 28:19-20

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BradB

Jan 14, 2013
✟22,216.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I would ask, why they think they were all black. Clearly, they don’t believe what the Bible tells. And then I would also notice this:

For he is not a Jew who is one outwardly, neither is that circumcision which is outward in the flesh; but he is a Jew who is one inwardly, and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit not in the letter; whose praise is not from men, but from God.

Romans 2:28-29

And Jesus sent his disciples to declare the same message for all nations:

Therefore go, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I commanded you. Behold, I am with you always, even to the end of the age."
Mat. 28:19-20

Excellent passages I totally forgot about Romans 2. Thank you.

Reactions: 1213
Upvote 0

Shempster

ImJustMe
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2014
✟258,881.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There are alot of YouTube videos of these guys who just stand in the streets all day in a big group. The read scripture and give commentaries all day like a television production. It can be interesting because they will often engage people on the street. It is worth checking out, should you run into such folks.

Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟83,428.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello, I am a Christian and my favorite thing is to go down to our local bar district and share Christ with the people as they pass by. Recently we have had these men dressed in Old Testament prophet style attire, come out and shouting an unusual teaching. They seem to believe that Salvation was meant for only the Jews and particularly claim that the real descendants of the twelve tribes were black. The white man is considered the devil to them. They have called me the devil many times and even shout profanities while quoting scripture. I have not had any dealings directly with this false doctrine so I wasn't sure how to react. I pointed out to them where Rev. 5:9 says there will be all races before the throne in heaven, and they claimed it was just the Jewish lineage called out of those nations, people tribe and tongues. I pointed out that it also says out of every blood, but they didn't like that and just tried misquoting other passages. I told them they were blind leading the blind and both will fall in the ditch. I was wondering if anyone has ever heard of such a cult and has some good information for sharing the truth with them?

Thank you
Brad
A provided youtube link, as christians confront the black supremacy movement.

Another link

My research finds this is your group, they have a militant black supremacy group within their following.

Like a religious pick up of the Oakland black pathers.

I have seen them in So Cal also.

Jesus was black, etc.

Wikipedia: Black Hebrew Israelites

Black Hebrew Israelites (also called Black Hebrews, African Hebrew Israelites, and Hebrew Israelites) are groups of Black Americans who believe that they are descendants of the ancient Israelites. Black Hebrews adhere in varying degrees to the religious beliefs and practices of both Christianity and Judaism. With the exception of a small number of individuals who have formally converted to Judaism, they are not recognized as Jews by the greater Jewish community. Many choose to identify themselves as Hebrew Israelites or Black Hebrews rather than Jews in order to indicate their claimed historic connections.[1][2][3][4]

Many Black Hebrew groups were founded in the United States during the late 19th and early 20th centuries, from Kansas to New York City, by both African Americans and West Indian immigrants.[5] In the mid-1980s, the number of Black Hebrews in the United States was between 25,000 and 40,000.[6] In the 1990s, the Alliance of Black Jews (which is no longer operating) estimated that there were 200,000 African-American Jews; this estimate was based on a 1990 survey conducted by the Council of Jewish Federations.[7] The exact number of Black Hebrews within that surveyed group remains unspecified.

Last edited:
Upvote 0