• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Featured The Billy Graham Rule Goes to Court

Discussion in 'Current News & Events' started by redleghunter, Aug 25, 2019.

1. brinny

brinny everlovin' shiner of light in dark places Supporter

+104,602
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Constitution
    This post makes no sense, Raymond.

2. FenderTL5

FenderTL5 Well-Known Member Supporter

+3,707
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    US-American-Solidarity
    Religious Discrimination & Reasonable Accommodation & Undue Hardship
    An employer does not have to accommodate an employee's religious beliefs or practices if doing so would cause undue hardship to the employer. An accommodation may cause undue hardship if it is costly, compromises workplace safety, decreases workplace efficiency, infringes on the rights of other employees, or requires other employees to do more than their share of potentially hazardous or burdensome work.

EEOC

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  3. FenderTL5

+3,707
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    US-American-Solidarity
    Actually, that is my question.
    What does one have to do with the other. It reads (without any other support) to be unrelated.

4. usexpat97

usexpat97 kewlness

+872
    Presbyterian
    Single
    The male-dominated employer could have easily accommodated his request. Other guys could have trained her. The sergeant could have trained her. Officer Torres could have trained another man some other time instead.

Undue hardship my foot.

5. RaymondG

RaymondG Well-Known Member

+2,841
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    It doesnt make sense to pray only for the side you agree with. Why not pray for both parties involved?

6. usexpat97

usexpat97 kewlness

+872
    Presbyterian
    Single
    Which party still has a job?

7. RaymondG

+2,841
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Would you be ok with someone refusing to train you, for any reason, because of an attribute of yours that you cant control?? For instance, race, gender, nose has a right angle etcc? Would you feel better about the situation if they told you the Lord forbids them to do so....or religion?

8. FenderTL5

+3,707
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    US-American-Solidarity
    That may or may not be the case. You could be right.
    It depends on the nature of the accommodation requested. For example; if he asked for a chaperone, then several aspects of the exemption would apply.

9. brinny

+104,602
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Constitution
    I'm not following you. (i pray for ALL things Raymond).

I'm most certainly praying for the person who is the subject of this thread.

Peace, Raymond.

10. RaymondG

+2,841
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Which partly chose to give up their job? And If they gave it up for God....would they not be considered blessed and now awaiting a better opportunity from the Lord? The Steps of a Good man are ordered by the Lord......and those steps lead to streets of goal..... We need to be lining up to ask this man for loans.....not praying for his as if he is disadvantaged in any way......assuming he has done this for the Lord...

11. usexpat97

usexpat97 kewlness

+872
    Presbyterian
    Single
    I don't know. Do you have a resignation letter I'm not aware of?

12. RaymondG

+2,841
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    I thought it was common knowledge that, if one wanted to give up a job, they are to start refusing directions from the boss. Do you know if any good jobs where insubordination is encouraged?

13. RaymondG

+2,841
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Would it not have been wiser to ask the Lord for help with temptation and appearances than to ask the employer for a chaperone? Is not the Lord a very present help in the times of trouble....making all things work together for our good?

insubordination is unnecessary, when we serve a God who makes ways, out of no way.

14. pescador

pescador Newbie Supporter

+1,191
    Christian
    Married
    "There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus." (Galatians 3:28)

If the man puts himself under the law and denies the reality of being in Christ, may God have mercy on him.

15. brinny

+104,602
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Constitution
    From the information available, it appears that Mr. Torres was fired without cause. There are other issues regarding a colleague refusing to send him back-up when he requested it in a direly dangerous situation.

There's something seriously a-miss with this picture.

Praying for Mr. Torres, and his wife, and his family.

16. brinny

+104,602
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Constitution
    :scratch:

17. RaymondG

+2,841
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Yes, I agree there has to be information unbeknownst to us at this time......Im only commenting on the narrative of the OP.

Praying for the woman who was refused training because she was born a woman, the Boss who was told he needed to hire a chaperone if he wanted his employee to do his job, Mr. torres, who felt it necessary to ask man for help instead of God, and the family who is affected by this action....

18. usexpat97

usexpat97 kewlness

+872
    Presbyterian
    Single
    Obviously if he wanted to give up his job, he would have applied to work for the Apex PD instead BEFORE he made his religious request. Instead he applied after he was involuntarily terminated, and when they called Samford PD for a reference they cited his religisous request as the reason.

And it keeps being conveniently overlooked that this is not even necessarily about him. It could be about false accusations, or his wife being uncomfortable with it. You don't just go have your quiet time and...wham! No more false accusers anymore. That has been said over and over.

19. brinny

+104,602
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Constitution
    i'm praying that justice is done, and that anything that entailed evil intent or injustice towards Mr. Torres is rectified by the living God, in particular being fired without cause.

I lift it ALL up to God, as He knows all of the details and all the "intents" of each heart and will respond accordingly, just as it is written:

"Behold, they shall surely gather together, but not by me: whosoever shall gather together against thee shall fall for thy sake." ~Isa 54:15

"No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of me, saith the Lord." ~Isa 54:17

Praying.

Let it rain.

20. brinny

+104,602
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Constitution
    Exactly.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List