Zürich
✟130,371.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
NGOs, funded by certain billionaires, are seeking to fundamentally transform the West. And it appears that they are relatively successful. They are doing this "by amplifying some voices and drowning out others."

If one accepts what ‘givers’, like Omidyar et al, say, it becomes apparent that rather than participating in traditional acts of charity, like founding a hospital for the needy, they are attempting to engage in ‘social engineering’ – that is, using their resources to artificially change the structure of society to what they think it should be. If successful, this would amount to an extreme circumvention of democracy, utilising money not just to win elections, but to substitute paid or subsidised content for actual support, and thereby flip an entire political culture on to a different track by amplifying some voices and drowning out others. Moreover, just to keep things interesting, this is viewed in quite explicit investment terms – and investors tend to expect a return on their investment.

How do you fix this kind of entrenched problem that permeates society? I can't think of anything short of a big war.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
NGOs, funded by certain billionaires, are seeking to fundamentally transform the West. And it appears that they are relatively successful. They are doing this "by amplifying some voices and drowning out others."

How do you fix this kind of entrenched problem that permeates society? I can't think of anything short of a big war.

Society always needs fixing. Sadly our efforts make it worse, or are ineffective at best. :(

Upvote 0