Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
i have been a member of this forum for nearly 13 years , but i find it hard to fully believe in Jesus i was born to a christian family didnt really get a choice from family
adulthood i jump from one faith to another trying to find the answer of what is God
will i find the truth the big question what is there in the after life ?
i wish to believe but i cant fully believe i have to know the truth of Jesus story what others believe i am starting to read more of the bible i got a daily passages from a year bible i bought it because i wanted to learn more about Jesus the more i read the more i hope i will believe

also sometimes i have no feelings that am numb or cold towards faith its one of the reasons why change faiths i want to believe in something but its has to be the truth

Gregorikos

Ordinary Mystic
Dec 31, 2019
Louisville, Kentucky
Visit site
✟113,638.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
To get clarification: You jumped from faith to faith? Meaning to different religions other than Christianity?

Or do you mean you tried different denominations or sects within in the (Christian) faith?

What do you think is your biggest obstacle in putting your faith in Christ?

Upvote 0

Charlie24

Oct 17, 2014
✟103,731.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
i have been a member of this forum for nearly 13 years , but i find it hard to fully believe in Jesus i was born to a christian family didnt really get a choice from family
adulthood i jump from one faith to another trying to find the answer of what is God
i wish to believe but i cant fully believe i have to know the truth of Jesus story what others believe i am starting to read more of the bible i got a daily passages from a year bible i bought it because i wanted to learn more about Jesus the more i read the more i hope i will believe

also sometimes i have no feelings that am numb or cold towards faith its one of the reasons why change faiths i want to believe in something but its has to be the truth

In answer to your question,

1Cor. 2:9
But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

The human mind is not capable of understanding what God has prepared for the saved in the afterlife.

How could anyone possibly explain it?

Upvote 0

solid_core

Oct 13, 2019
Vienna
✟50,919.00
Country
Austria
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
If you must force yourself to believe a "truth", then you are not truly convinced its truth.

If you know that something is truth, you do not have to struggle to believe it.

So, my advice would be - verify its truth and the "belief" will come by itself, naturally.

Reactions: scruffydog
Upvote 0

Lily76_

Pray for the Persecuted
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2007
scotland
✟472,361.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
To get clarification: You jumped from faith to faith? Meaning to different religions other than Christianity?

Or do you mean you tried different denominations or sects within in the (Christian) faith?

What do you think is your biggest obstacle in putting your faith in Christ?

i mean both jumping all over nearly every religions possable every denominations as well

i have been muslim , buddhists hindu etc

biggest obstacle is fear fear of being wrong the fear of hell

i was told by a priest id go to hell the same priest abused me

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
i mean both jumping all over nearly every religions possable every denominations as well

IMO belief starts with trust not fear. Does Jesus tell you He will send you to hell or does He tell you He will give you eternal life in the Kingdom? Trust in Him and you need not fear.

Reactions: scruffydog
Upvote 0

Gregorikos

Ordinary Mystic
Dec 31, 2019
Louisville, Kentucky
Visit site
✟113,638.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married

Being spiritually abused (and maybe other abuse) has introduced confusion into your understanding. I hope you've been able to get some counseling and healing for that. If not, I urge you to do so. Let's pray for the lord to direct your paths.

The truth of Christianity boils down to the identity of Jesus Christ. If he is who he claimed to be- the Jewish Messiah and the Jewish God manifested in human form- then Christianity is true and all others are false.

I'd suggest we start there. A book? A systematic theology perhaps? Or one on apologetics? But we have to settle that. Who did Jesus claim to be? And is that who he is?

Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Being spiritually abused (and maybe other abuse) has introduced confusion into your understanding. I hope you've been able to get some counseling and healing for that. If not, I urge you to do so. Let's pray for the lord to direct your paths.

The truth of Christianity boils down to the identity of Jesus Christ. If he is who he claimed to be- the Jewish Messiah and the Jewish God manifested in human form- then Christianity is true and all others are false.

I'd suggest we start there. A book? A systematic theology perhaps? Or one on apologetics? But we have to settle that. Who did Jesus claim to be? And is that who he is?
I agree with this. And Lily, I have been all over the place, too. It is confusing, and huge.

What has helped me, immensely, is finding something very basic and sure and solid to plonk down on again and again; for me, this is "Jesus Christ is the Son of God; follow Him!" This helps me to stay centered, and pull back to what matters again and again.

Spiritual and sexual abuse can be horrific and devastating. The sheer diversity of ideas can be daunting. I get that. Go back to Christ again and again. He is love. He is real. He is supreme. No one else is like Him. He loves you, He died for you, He is alive, and He wants you to trust and surrender to Him. That's a journey.

Upvote 0

GOD Shines Forth!

Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2019
United States
✟355,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Lily, you can stop looking and with 100% confidence and assurance believe/trust in the death, burial and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ! There is no other name under heaven whereby you may be saved:

"For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that He was buried, that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures,…"--1 Corinthians 15:3-4

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

scruffydog

Jan 4, 2020
none
✟8,388.00
Country
Uzbekistan
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I recommend you sit down with a Bible and read through the Gospel of John. Underline or highlight every time were the word "believe" is used, or when the text talks about believing or receiving. Listen to what Jesus actually said. In John 5:24 He makes some startling promises. Camp there and ask God to help you believe. It's ok to ask Him for faith, since he promises to give the gift of faith to any who ask.

Maybe you find it hard to believe because you have been abused by religion and the religious. Throw all of that religious garbage away. What is important is what God's Word says, and we know that God cannot lie.

Seriously. Start in John 5:24. Read His promise for yourself. Hope this helps!

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Brian Mcnamee

Feb 2, 2017
usa
✟221,465.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Hi when you start asking questions to try to find out more and more you end up often with an endless list of questions because one question begets another question. The key to believing in Jesus is really to admit that like nature if there is an afterlife there will be spiritual laws and we will not be the ones making them up but be the slaves to them. The gospel is clear anyone who sinned is in rebellion to God and not worthy to enter eternity as God sets the standard to be with Him as sinless perfection. In your life if you go down the list of sins you can admit that you have lied, coveted, lusted all sorts of things. The conviction or guilty state of your soul before a righteous God is what God built into us as a conscience of sorts. Many want to be self righteous or hope God grades on a curve but the soul the looks in the mirror and sees that they are lost and destined for eternity apart from God creates a broken spirit that is willing to cry out to Jesus for forgiveness and a willingness to repent of your sins. Jesus says if you confess Him before men He will confess you before His father and the promise of being born again is that the Holy Spirit will become part of you. I had a lot of doubts too and when I believed my heart was changed. being born again is real and things that didn't make sense before now did. I have studied for many years and its funny most of those tough questions I can actually answer but they will not lead you to faith. It is looking closely at your soul and praying to God to fill you with love, power, wisdom and understanding and like a marriage you are joining yourself to the LORD. This is a commitment and not buying fire insurance.

Upvote 0

Lily76_

Pray for the Persecuted
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2007
scotland
✟472,361.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
I sorry i lied about the abuse i been lying most of my life from saying i have family in the us at school when i was it spiraled into lying about everything the reason i have fear is that am scared i'll go to hell for lying the fact i cant seem to tell the truth most of the time i atteation seek a lot one because my family never cared for i was bullied at school from a young age id make things up to get friends or who i thought where friends i started using lying to numb my feelings or it was away to hide the fact i was a loser i went to church but never really believed because i didnt trust Jesus i never really given myself time to believe i think i' am meant to get it right away but its not like am scared of going to hell because of the lying and that i am Evil maybe i am evil i have addction to lying and just like am addicted to drugs and drink i cant trust i cant let anyone in my head or in my heart
i am married but my husband is more of a carer than a husband i have tried to hurt myself over and over because i dont really want to lie but i hurt myself for doing so as punishment i think am going to hell maybe i belong there

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Greengardener

for love is of God
Site Supporter
May 24, 2019
MidAtlantic
✟175,913.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
God has called you, not just to offer you a "get out of jail free" card, but to have a relationship with you in TRUTH. Some of us had horrible issues with lying and with abuse from others, and probably most of us had some awful issues of one kind or another. In this wonderful relationship that was worth the death, burial, and resurrection of His only obedient Son, God calls us to be overcomers. Like Jacob in Genesis 32.22 who wrestled all night with God or His messenger, or like Job 13.15, who said of God in his terrible time of testing, "Though He slay me, yet will I trust Him," or even like the 3 Hebrews facing the fiery furnace for not bowing down to an idol in Daniel 3 who confessed, "Our God is able to deliver us, but even if He doesn't, we aren't going to bow to an idol" because God commanded worship directed to Him only - be prepared to commit to this relationship! In the first few chapters of Revelation, Jesus promises "to him who overcomes," and before His death also noted that the one willing to pick up his cross and follow Jesus is the person fit for the kingdom. Those are only a few of the places where you'll find the intensity to which we are called. The fear of hell is there to remind us that there is something to shun as well as something far more precious to be gained by believing this one who always tells the TRUTH and not allowing ourselves to be held captive by the lies around us.

Look to Him in truth. Get gut level honest and put aside the habit of lying, because, as you can imagine, God hates lying because He deals with us in TRUTH, and in fact everything is held together on truth, not on conjecture and not on lies. You'll become very familiar with repenting - turning away from your sin, as old habits tend to cling and come up, but keep coming back, keep immersing yourself in both the old testament and the new testament. What God wants for people is all in there, summed up in Jesus.

I found His grace to be amazing. I lived through that same process of being without excuse for my awful sin and filth, yet again and again He kept calling. It's up to you to take Him up on His offer now, because He isn't interested in anything but your honest response. Put your trust in Him. Like someone before me said, determine in your heart if Jesus is worth being your Lord then set your life to follow Him completely. Don't be captive to your whims, your moods, or your past. Stand up free and start this wonderful adventure! Keep us posted and we'll be here to support you in prayer as often as we catch your news.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums