Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Is Biden. His latest gaffe is one in a long line of statements that lends credibility to the growing belief that Democrats take black Americans for granted. Worse, it could make people wonder if Democrats as much (if not more) than anyone have truly racist attitudes toward the black community.

Biden's statements that embrace sweeping stereotypes of the black community have been unpacked before. We needn't rehash those. In fact, the only thing shocking about his latest statement regarding the supposed lack of diversity within the black community is that it isn't really shocking. Not to anyone who has watched Biden over the years.

In the 1960s, after failing to stop the Civil Rights movement, the Democratic party adopted a new strategy. The WASP strategy. That is, take those old attitudes about black America and replace them with 'WASP' (that's White Anglo Saxon Protestant) America. I remember well sitting in fourth grade social studies and learning about those dark days in American history when our country was dominated by those rascally WASPs. That would have been around 1976/1977. So already, in barely a decade, we had adopted the idea of who it is Americans should really despise. And it was a broad enough umbrella that all types of Americans could fit under the 'oppressed by WASPs' label (I'm looking at you Catholics).

Meanwhile, almost overnight the entire black community jumped on board the Democrat bandwagon. By the end of the 1970s, the black community could be counted on to almost always support the Democrats. When I was majoring in Political Science in 1986, it was so flagrant that a Democratic candidate whose campaign I was working with quipped that if the Democrats nominated Hitler, 90% of blacks would refuse to vote, since they would never vote for Hitler. That is, no matter what, they still wouldn't vote for a GOP candidate. And that was about two decades after the Democratic Party's failed attempts to stop the Civil Rights movement.

Continued below.
Daffey Thoughts: The Biden problem for Democrats

lordjeff

Nov 6, 2019
Cromwell
✟16,584.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
It's amazing that people can't see thru Biden. He's a career politician, no outside experience other than the Navy, has not passed any legendary legislation, the dementia shows. And I'm sure he's full of gaffes going back to whenever. His usual tactic is to chase the black vote as if he cares about them. Look it's been 60 years of the Great Society Programs & all they have done is keep black people down. The tactic is simple: I'm the govt & i'm here to help you because I know you can't stand up on your own 2 feet. After a while it becomes habitual. 60 years later the redlining has not stopped. It's all about holding the issue but in the worse case it's caving in on what I would call good solid principles a society ought to have. Yes society can have a safety net but that does not mean you keep people there entrenched without an avenue to climb the ladder. It's fake sympathy. What we have seen in the rebellions is that it has become an eye for eye...let's reverse everything so people can exact their revenge. This then would make the dems feel they can let go of their guilty consciences. No the fact is we don't want a Marxist society of excess regulation, placement of people into identity boxes, wanton stealing of other people's possessions as if you allow stealing it will give aid & comfort to the previously afflicted. Got to follow the 10 commandments. Start there. Are we all upset about the Floyd murder you bet. But make sure justice is exacted here & fix the potholes in that system.

• Agree
Reactions: RushMAN
Upvote 0