• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

The Bible & the Newpaper

Discussion in 'Non-denominational' started by JohnR7, Mar 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnR7

JohnR7 Well-Known Member

+191
    Pentecostal
    Married
    There are times when I read my newspaper and it says the same thing my Bible has been saying. Today I was reading about a earthquake in the city my wife is from. Here is what the Bible says, and here is what the newspaper says:

Luke 21:25b-26a the sea and the waves roaring; Men's hearts failing them for fear

By Agence France-Presse: Two people suffered fatal heart attacks during the earthquake in the cities of Tacurong and General Santos, civil defense officials said. At least one town there had been hit by big waves, officials earlier said.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. StogusMaximus

StogusMaximus Well-Known Member

+6
    Protestant
    [move]:clap: :clap: Happy Birthday!!!!!! :clap: :clap: [/move]

[updown][GLOW=green]H[/GLOW] [GLOW=purple]A[/GLOW] [GLOW=chocolate]P[/GLOW] [GLOW=teal]P[/GLOW] [GLOW=deeppink]Y[/GLOW] [GLOW=blue]B[/GLOW] [GLOW=crimson]I[/GLOW] [GLOW=limegreen]R[/GLOW] [GLOW=purple]T[/GLOW] [GLOW=sienna]H[/GLOW] [GLOW=red]D[/GLOW] [GLOW=blue]A[/GLOW] [GLOW=limegreen]Y[/GLOW][/updown]

3. charlesj

charlesj Member

+0
    JohnR7:

Happy 50th... and may you have many more. Wish I was 50 again :)

By the way, earthquakes have been going on for 2000 years since Christ. Don't look for any signs like earthquakes etc. Those signs were for the "last days," that is, the "last days" of the Jewish economy in 70 A.D.
    Most people (premillennialist) read into "last days" as the "end of time" instead of the "time of the end."

Anyway, happy birthday and the Lord be with you as you serve Him and His people(the church) and may the fruit of the spirit be in your life.

your servant in Messiah, Jesus,
    charlesj

"He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but
    to do justly,
    and to love mercy,
    and to walk humbly with thy God" --Micah 6:8

4. 1973

1973 Junior Member

+0
    Christian
    :p :p HAPPY BIRHTDAY TO YOU,HAPPY BIRHTDAY TO YOU
    HAPPY BIRHTDAY DEAR JOHN,HAPPY BIRHTDAY TO YOU :p :p

MAY THE ALMIGHTY ONE WATCH OVER YOU AND YOUR FAMILY AND MAKE ALL YOUR WISHES COME TRUE.

I GUESS THOSE WHO SAY THE BIBLE IS A FAIRY STORY BOOK BETTER THINK AGAIN.

GOD BLESS ALL. :wave:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.