"The Bible Test" - is it just a test of your character?

JohnClay

Married Mouth-Breather
Supporter
Oct 27, 2006
Australia
Visit site
✟443,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Hi this is a theory I've been working on for a few months....
Perhaps an intelligent force helped guide the Bible's writers to test the character of its readers. The three main approaches to the Bible are: it is 100% true and moral, or the supernatural exists (including being part of a simulation) but some of the stories weren't historical, or the supernatural doesn't exist.

I think there are good reasons to believe each of these possibilities though any seemingly supernatural events are likely to be explained by coincidence, delusion or hallucinations.

The Bible Test - Life's Player

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟236,358.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Hi this is a theory I've been working on for a few months....

The Bible Test - Life's Player

Thoughts?
  • An incomplete, simplistic range of options is provided.
  • The second sentence of the quote is a non sequitur from the first.
  • The large print and the colour palette of the site are diagnostic of ill conceived ideas.

Upvote 0

JohnClay

Married Mouth-Breather
Supporter
Oct 27, 2006
Australia
Visit site
✟443,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
My comments....
An incomplete, simplistic range of options is provided.
I said "The three main approaches to the Bible are" - i.e. it might be incomplete. I think things like "perhaps reality isn't consistent" is very non-simplistic.

So is: "I think there are good reasons to believe each of these possibilities though any seemingly supernatural events are likely to be explained by coincidence, delusion, or hallucinations."

The second sentence of the quote is a non sequitur from the first.
By testing the "character" I mean the person could have all-or-nothing thinking (like option 1 or 3) or have very complex reasoning (option 2). In option 1 the person has a faithful character - in option 3 they are an atheist and in option 2 their approach to truth is very complex.

The large print and the colour palette of the site are diagnostic of ill conceived ideas.
I'm going with the "matrix" theme and want to interest people who are open to that... well I've made the text smaller (except for the top titles) and I've made the main part of the site quite normal.

So what major option isn't covered by those three?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JohnClay

Married Mouth-Breather
Supporter
Oct 27, 2006
Australia
Visit site
✟443,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
I updated the webpage...

Option 3: The Bible has no supernatural basis
Atheists might reason that since 2 Timothy 3:16 says "All Scripture is God-breathed", if God is real then the Bible should be 100% true. While atheists can be open to evidence that God exists, the Bible says not to put God to the test. This lack of evidence can make atheists conclude that God is a fairy tale.

I feel like some of that involved me being influenced by an intelligent force - hopefully a non-evil one.

Around the time I felt I was being communicated to by God I also worried about putting God to the test:

Hearing songs with seemingly supernatural significance

The experiences could just be seen as coincidence though (like I mentioned here when I was talking about the supernatural [also can be delusion or hallucination])

Last edited:
Upvote 0