Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,187,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin." (1 John 1:7) (NKJV).

Condition of Salvation: If we walk in the light as He is in the light.

“...We are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end.” (Hebrews 3:13-14).

Condition of Salvation: If we hold from the beginning our confidence stedfast unto the end.

21 "And you, who once were alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now He has reconciled
22 in the body of His flesh through death, to present you holy, and blameless, and above reproach in His sight—
23 if indeed you continue in the faith, grounded and steadfast, and are not moved away from the hope of the gospel which you heard, which was preached to every creature under heaven, of which I, Paul, became a minister." (Colossians 1:21-23) (NKJV).

Condition of Salvation: If indeed you continue in the faith (verse 23).

Last edited:

Al Touthentop

Nov 24, 2019
VENETA
Visit site
✟34,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Libertarian
Do you think that being afraid of losing salvation keeps folks saved?

The intent of those passages was not to make them afraid, it was to inform them that they had to keep in the faith.

Upvote 0

Al Touthentop

Nov 24, 2019
VENETA
Visit site
✟34,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Libertarian
and if they didn't ?

Have you read your Bible? Jesus makes the consequences pretty plain. But that doesn't mean that he intended that to instill fear, though if it does instill some fear, why do you think that's wrong?

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟376,544.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Al Touthentop

Nov 24, 2019
VENETA
Visit site
✟34,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Libertarian
  • Agree
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

crossnote

Berean
Supporter
May 16, 2010
So. Cal.
✟250,151.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin." (1 John 1:7) (NKJV).

"But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved." (Matthew 24:13).

Condition of Salvation: Endure unto the end.

21 "And you, who once were alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now He has reconciled
22 in the body of His flesh through death, to present you holy, and blameless, and above reproach in His sight—
23 if indeed you continue in the faith, grounded and steadfast, and are not moved away from the hope of the gospel which you heard, which was preached to every creature under heaven, of which I, Paul, became a minister." (Colossians 1:21-23) (NKJV).

How much must we obey until we can rest in His perfect obedience for us?

Romans 5:19 KJV
[19] For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

• Useful
Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟376,544.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
  • Winner
Upvote 0

Al Touthentop

Nov 24, 2019
VENETA
Visit site
✟34,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟296,775.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single

You can't have fear of losing your salvation either!

Because if you care too much about being saved, you lose it!

Luke 9:24
For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will save it.:confused:o_O:D

Upvote 0

Basil the Great

Supporter
Mar 9, 2009
✟721,243.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
If we truly have free will, then surely some people turn away from God after having accepted Jesus. To think otherwise means that we are puppets on a string and have no choice but to remain faithful till death.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,030.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced

"But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved." (Matthew 24:13).

Condition of Salvation: Endure unto the end.

The confusion arises because people are not aware of the two salvations. Being born again is instantaneous and nothing is required of us but to accept. The first salvation is of the spirit - the part of us that died in the Garden of Eden and therefore the part of us that needs to be born again. The second salvation is of the soul. That is progressive and a continual process until we meet the Lord. Obviously no one can experience the salvation of the soul without the new birth first.

Eternal life is just that. Eternal security is based on the word of the Lord Jesus. It would be wonderful if OP's would quote the whole word of God instead of the verses that suit their preconceived notions.

Receiving the new birth costs nothing. The salvation of the soul costs us everything.

"But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name. John 1:12, one of the best known verses in God's word. Likewise

"...that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved..." Romans 10:9

Which is it? Receiving Christ or confessing and believing? When you see that there are two salvations, it makes sense.

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟376,544.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's prophecy. It doesn't mean that we can't sin after we come to Christ. Otherwise there would not be so many admonitions by Jesus and New Testament authors to refrain from sinning.

Prophesy is God's Word.

Correct - we all sin after coming to salvation and lose out on Kingdom blessings as a result. However the fear of Him, seals us against completely falling away as promised.

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟376,544.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You can't have fear of losing your salvation either!

Because if you care too much about being saved, you lose it!

Luke 9:24
For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will save it.:confused:o_O:D

Personally I don't think that that verse is referring to the fear of losing salvation at all...

For whoever wants to save their life will lose it - refers to the holding onto temporal things of this life - and eventually losing all because investmant was not made into the Kingdom.
This is compared to the one who gives up worldly things for His sake and gains all as a result.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟376,544.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If we truly have free will, then surely some people turn away from God after having accepted Jesus. To think otherwise means that we are puppets on a string and have no choice but to remain faithful till death.
Not so, one truely born again commits to His will above their own. In so doing we relinquish the right to sin unto apostasy. This is effected by the indwelling fear of Him as promised. In every other matter we choose obedience or not and that relates directly to eternal reward and status. No puppets there...

Upvote 0

dqhall

Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What do you think God means then when he says through Jeremiah "I will put My fear in their hearts so that they will never turn away from Me."
I have fear of falling from high places. It is an instinct. If I would have feared other danger, perhaps fewer failures.

Some could not follow Christ as they feared. Some journalists were killed after they testified. Some witnesses were threatened by drug gangs and killed if they testified against them. Whether fear is good or bad is depends on the circumstances. John the Baptist was beheaded. James the brother of John was killed. Peter and Paul were killed.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟296,775.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Personally I don't think that that verse is referring to the fear of losing salvation at all...

For whoever wants to save their life will lose it - refers to the holding onto temporal things of this life - and eventually losing all because investmant was not made into the Kingdom.
This is compared to the one who gives up worldly things for His sake and gains all as a result.

Many people will abandon sound reasoning if threatened with losing their eternal salvation or missing heaven.

Quite many are deceived this way. From unbelievers, they turn even worse with religion.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,187,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The confusion arises because people are not aware of the two salvations. Being born again is instantaneous and nothing is required of us but to accept. The first salvation is of the spirit - the part of us that died in the Garden of Eden and therefore the part of us that needs to be born again. The second salvation is of the soul. That is progressive and a continual process until we meet the Lord. Obviously no one can experience the salvation of the soul without the new birth first.

Eternal life is just that. Eternal security is based on the word of the Lord Jesus. It would be wonderful if OP's would quote the whole word of God instead of the verses that suit their preconceived notions.

Receiving the new birth costs nothing. The salvation of the soul costs us everything.

"But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name. John 1:12, one of the best known verses in God's word. Likewise

"...that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved..." Romans 10:9

Which is it? Receiving Christ or confessing and believing? When you see that there are two salvations, it makes sense.

The verses I shown proves that salvation is conditional and not unconditional. You also did not quote any verses that proves that Eternal Security is true. You did not offer the context of those 3 verses and offer an explanation as to why they are not conditional verses. They surely sound like conditional verses to me, and even your own words make it sound like there is a cost (i.e. a condition) to be saved after we are born again.

Side Note:

Also, I could offer a ton more verses to prove my position that salvation is conditional, but I wanted to just take a few of them for us to focus on.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,187,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

It has nothing to do with the topic at the moment. I am trying to prove to people that the Scriptures show verses that salvation is conditional. Do you not see how the above three verses are teaching that salvation is conditional? If not, then please explain what these verses are really saying.

Upvote 0